Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2016, 05:06 AM

352 posts, read 419,281 times

Advertisements

Bismillaah ir Rahmaan ir Rahiim. As salaamu alaykum. What do you think of this argument??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2_0Z62-GO8 The Islamic Dilemma regarding the Quran and Bible
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2016, 06:56 AM

3,640 posts, read 39,201 times
There is no dilemma for me.

Torah was from God of Moses. Injeel preached by Jesus was from God of Jesus and the Qur'an delivered by Muhammad was from the same of Muhammad, Jesus and Moses.

The Torah, the Injeel and the Qur'an do not contradict each other but support each other. The contradictions are only in peoples' minds.

Old 02-19-2016, 09:42 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,065,463 times
the argument is a Non-Muslim stating what he assumes Muslims believe. It is a one sided argument based upon the premise that Muslims are following a false, contradictory belief.

Basically a subtle but very anti-Islamic video giving a false view of Islam.

Old 02-19-2016, 09:57 AM

It should be noted that while Injeel translates into English as Gospel it does not refer to the "4 Gospels of John, Matthew. Luke and Mark" or the NT. It refers to the "Gospel of Jesus" which the Christians did not preserve. We do accept there is a possibility that parts of the Injeel may be in some of the direct quotes attributed to Jesus.

Old 02-19-2016, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
the argument is a Non-Muslim stating what he assumes Muslims believe. It is a one sided argument based upon the premise that Muslims are following a false, contradictory belief.

Exactly!

All that after (delibierately) mistranslating and misinterpreting he Qur'an.

Old 02-19-2016, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalif View Post
Exactly!

All that after (delibierately) mistranslating and misinterpreting he Qur'an.
The misinterpretations in that video can not be by accident. It has to be a deliberate attempt to make Islam look bad.

Old 02-19-2016, 02:31 PM

352 posts, read 419,281 times
Quote:

Bismillaah ir Rahmaan ir Rahiim. As salaamu alaykum.

This is amazing! Many Christians argue exactly the same points mentioned in the video. And it is absolutely frustrating, to try to convince them otherwise.

Old 02-20-2016, 01:16 AM

3,440 posts, read 2,642,465 times
Quote:

You are merely brushing it off and not supporting your above point with any arguments or detail explanations.

If we based on the verses of the Quran mentioned in the video the conclusion of dilemma is correct, i.e. the Quran is false either way. This is expected because the Quran, Bible and Torah were all authored and written by humans who are fallible and prone to errors and omission.

My view is the Quran asserted the present Torah and Gospel as corrupted by Jews and Christians over time till the present. Therefore the whole of the Torah and Gospel in-general should be rejected by Muslims.

Whilst the Torah and Gospel in general [only] are to be rejected, there are still certain verses which are reconcilable with the Quran. Therefore to avoid the dilemma, what the Quran referred to was not the WHOLE Torah or Bible but certain verses which are reconcilable and thus not corrupted.

However the Christians and Muslims argued with each other on the credibility of their holy texts, the fact is there is no real God and thus no holy texts from any God. The holy texts of the present were initiated by humans and subsequently communicated orally or via writing by fallible humans.

Old 02-20-2016, 03:27 AM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
My view is the Quran asserted the present Torah and Gospel as corrupted by Jews and Christians over time till the present. Therefore the whole of the Torah and Gospel in-general should be rejected by Muslims.
Explain your view by quoting the verses of the Qur'an that made you have such view, and I will then explain why your view about the Qur'an in this case is nothing but ignorance about he Qur'an.

Old 02-20-2016, 11:11 PM

3,440 posts, read 2,642,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalif View Post
Explain your view by quoting the verses of the Qur'an that made you have such view, and I will then explain why your view about the Qur'an in this case is nothing but ignorance about he Qur'an.
Note I claimed I have read the Quran more than 50++ times and I noted the overall gist of it is the Quran deemed the present Torah and Gospel are corrupted.

I have not compiled all the relevant verses [there are many]. I don't want to waste time at present but here is one verse that point in that direction; in [] = mine

6:91 [part ]Say [O Muhammad] (unto the Jews who speak thus): Who revealed the Book which Moses brought, a light and guidance for mankind, which ye [Jews] have put [transcribe] on parchments which ye show, but ye [Jews] hide much (thereof), and by which ye were taught that which ye knew not yourselves nor (did) your fathers (know it)? Say [Muhammad]: Allah. Then leave them [Jews] to their play of cavilling.

In 6:91 the original Book was revealed to Moses but the Jews subsequently transcribe it into parchment and hide much of it and pass it on to future generations. This is an example of corruption of the original book [prior Quran].

The Christians assigned a son to Allah, this is obviously a corruption of Allah's message. I am sure you can find the relevant verses that support this corruption from the Quran.

As I said, there are many other verses that present similar points re corruption by the Jews and Christians.

The point is if you have read the Quran 50 times objectively [not emotionally and based on faith] you will certainly have to agree with me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam