Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2016, 03:36 AM

3,440 posts, read 2,642,829 times

Advertisements

Here is one Problem to be Resolved:
Try this now by quickly drawing nine dots on a piece of paper and have a go with a pencil. Place your pencil somewhere, draw four straight lines [ONLY] without taking your pencil off the page. Each line must start where the last line finished.

Most and the majority of people canNOT solve the problem.
The limitation is these people naturally confined their awareness within the boundaries of the 9 dots.
They can try forever and they will not be able to find a solution.

The reason is they are naturally inclined to think within the box [the boundaries of the 9 dots]

Here is one of the solutions to get to the solution.

The solution requires one to shift their awareness to outside the box.

My Point:

1. Nearly ALL Muslims as in the above example are confined strictly [they have to be] within the boundaries of their religion, i.e. Islam and Quran, plus for many including the Ahadiths and Sira.
They have to think within the box.

2. The point is if they think outside the box, i.e. outside the boundaries of their religion, they are vulnerable to commit sins and thus risk their efforts in going to Paradise and may be stuck in Hell for a long time.

3. The fact is reality is all encompassing and cover areas outside the boundaries of Islam and the Quran.

4. This is the reason why Muslims have a tough dogmatic time aligning with reality.

5. Because of this difficulty of alignment with reality, SOME [not all] Muslim veered toward committing terrible evils and violence around the world.

Agree/Disagree?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2016, 08:40 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,066,949 times
Everyone does within their de'en. All our thoughts actions and words are our de'en. That is the actual religion a person lives, even if they claim to have no religion. There are as many different de'ens as there are people. Each person has their own individual de'en.

Part of my de'en is to perform Islam to the best of my ability and knowledge.

Muslims are to question all things including how they interpret the Qur'an. What we do not question is that the original Qur'anic Arabic revealed to Muhammad are the exact words Allaah(swt) said. We can and should question all interpretations of the Qur'an and always seek to verify what we read,see or hear. We are not to believe except what we ourself have found reason to believe.

I do not perceive the Qur'an as a book of commands I perceive it as a guide. Much the same way that I perceive road maps when I am flying a Cessna. I use maps to establish my course, but I navigate via multiple navigational tools that include but are not limited to Radio navigation, the gyro compass, on long flights even some rough astral navigation and when I approach my destination visual guides.

I see the Qur'an as a guide to set my course towards what I perceive this journey of life leads to. I do not blindly follow any Religious instructor, they and every Islamic scholar have based their interpretations upon their own experiences. I question and ask. I seek answers and reasons and try to find the basis for each person's views and on my own compare and verify. My own set of beliefs stay in a state of flux and change as I learn.

I see the Qur'an as being a guide towards peace and serenity and when I read a line that seems to go against that end. I assume I am misinterpreting and seek to find where I am misinterpreting. Yes, I do read Fatwas, Tafsir etc to find the opinions of others and always seek to verify what I myself find to be true.

I find very few Muslims that read the Qur'an as being literal commands. I find Muslims to be quite questioning and do strive to do a critical analysis of their interpretations of the Qur'an.

Any worthwhile Islamic teacher or scholar will acknowledge that their words are personal opinion and others may think differently and we being human are all capable of being in error. Astagfirullah.(TRANSLATION: May Allaah(swt) forgive me if I am wrong)To learn what a Muslim believes, you have to ask the individual Muslim.

If a person reads the Qur'an with a preconception of what it teaches that is what they will find. Only when they seek other views and learn why those views differ can one begin studying the Qur'an with the goal of achieving serenity.

When one reads the hate sites it must be kept in mind they have the goal of destroying Islam and their opinions reflect that agenda. One needs to question their views and seek verification of their interpretation and try to understand why Muslims have a different opinion.Muslims are not force feed what they are to believe. We are not taught Islam, we are taught to be seekers and questioners.

Old 03-19-2016, 03:32 PM

3,640 posts, read 39,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Everyone does within their de'en. All our thoughts actions and words are our de'en. That is the actual religion a person lives, even if they claim to have no religion. There are as many different de'ens as there are people. Each person has their own individual de'en.

Muslims are to question all things including how they interpret the Qur'an. What we do not question is that the original Qur'anic Arabic revealed to Muhammad are the exact words Allaah(swt) said. We can and should question all interpretations of the Qur'an and always seek to verify what we read,see or hear. We are not to believe except what we ourself have found reason to believe.

I do not perceive the Qur'an as a book of commands I perceive it as a guide. Much the same way that I perceive road maps when I am flying a Cessna. I use maps to establish my course, but I navigate via multiple navigational tools that include but are not limited to Radio navigation, the gyro compass, on long flights even some rough astral navigation and when I approach my destination visual guides.

I see the Qur'an as a guide to set my course towards what I perceive this journey of life leads to. I do not blindly follow any Religious instructor, they and every Islamic scholar have based their interpretations upon their own experiences. I question and ask. I seek answers and reasons and try to find the basis for each person's views and on my own compare and verify. My own set of beliefs stay in a state of flux and change as I learn.

I see the Qur'an as being a guide towards peace and serenity and when I read a line that seems to go against that end. I assume I am misinterpreting and seek to find where I am misinterpreting. Yes, I do read Fatwas, Tafsir etc to find the opinions of others and always seek to verify what I myself find to be true.

I find very few Muslims that read the Qur'an as being literal commands. I find Muslims to be quite questioning and do strive to do a critical analysis of their interpretations of the Qur'an.

Any worthwhile Islamic teacher or scholar will acknowledge that their words are personal opinion and others may think differently and we being human are all capable of being in error. Astagfirullah.(TRANSLATION: May Allaah(swt) forgive me if I am wrong)To learn what a Muslim believes, you have to ask the individual Muslim.

If a person reads the Qur'an with a preconception of what it teaches that is what they will find. Only when they seek other views and learn why those views differ can one begin studying the Qur'an with the goal of achieving serenity.

When one reads the hate sites it must be kept in mind they have the goal of destroying Islam and their opinions reflect that agenda. One needs to question their views and seek verification of their interpretation and try to understand why Muslims have a different opinion.Muslims are not force feed what they are to believe. We are not taught Islam, we are taught to be seekers and questioners.
O brother! Since when you have been thinking outside the box unlike SOME of the unbelievers?

Old 03-19-2016, 10:01 PM

Quote:
I agree there is the individual aspects to any religion.
I have always suggested religion should be primarily a personal and private matter within one's brain to deal with one's salvation. On the side one can seek guidance, but that should be secondary.

But the reality is there are 1.6 individual Muslims around the world and the majority of these Muslims inevitably practiced Islam leveraged upon the collective in various groups, sects, etc. as expected in accordance to the Quran.
There are very rare Muslim individuals who practice Islam on their own, as hermits or ascetics.

Therefore you and all of humanity has no choice but to recognize the reality of Muslims practicing within groups with their own group thinking and acting according to group norms.

Therefore your usual counter that Islam is one's deen is off target.

Since we are in a public discussion, you as a human being has to acknowledge the reality of 7 b+ human beings and there are some [300 millions] Muslims who are born naturally with evil tendencies and are destined to be influenced by the 'Duck' elements in the Quran that result in terrible evils and violence around the world.
You cannot deny this fact of reality.

Quote:
There is no 'if' in this case.
It is a fact as mentioned above,
there are some [300 millions] evil prone Muslims who are born naturally with evil tendencies and are destined to be influenced by the 'Duck' elements in the Quran that result in terrible evils and violence around the world.
Because they are born as such [analogy -color blind] they cannot see the other alternatives. Against the threat of eternal Hell, they are instantly and spontaneously influenced by the evil laden elements due to their inherent nature [DNA-wise] which cannot be changed easily.

Quote:
As I had said, there may be hate sites but they are rare.
Most of the sites [I came across] that critique Islam as an ideology [not on Muslims] present very rational arguments based mostly on sources from the Quran, Ahadith, Sira and commentaries of Islamic scholars* and not their own opinions.

* the Islamic scholars may have different views and this has nothing to do with those who quote them. The onus is on those who are objective to sort the reliable ones.
The point is even the reliable Islamic scholars has their own inherent weaknesses because by default all Muslims MUST be bias toward their own religion regardless of the truth of reality. Otherwise the faith [belief without reason nor proof] will not be effective to deal with one's salvation or redemption to Paradise and avoiding eternal Hell.

Old 03-20-2016, 03:30 AM

3,640 posts, read 39,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
I agree there is the individual aspects to any religion.
I have always suggested religion should be primarily a personal and private matter within one's brain to deal with one's salvation. On the side one can seek guidance, but that should be secondary.

But the reality is there are 1.6 individual Muslims around the world and the majority of these Muslims inevitably practiced Islam leveraged upon the collective in various groups, sects, etc. as expected in accordance to the Quran.
There are very rare Muslim individuals who practice Islam on their own, as hermits or ascetics.

Therefore you and all of humanity has no choice but to recognize the reality of Muslims practicing within groups with their own group thinking and acting according to group norms.

Therefore your usual counter that Islam is one's deen is off target.
It is still one's deen, and quite rightly on target.

Quote:
Since we are in a public discussion, you as a human being has to acknowledge the reality of 7 b+ human beings and there are some [300 millions] Muslims who are born naturally with evil tendencies and are destined to be influenced by the 'Duck' elements in the Quran that result in terrible evils and violence around the world.
You cannot deny this fact of reality.
The reality is that terrible evils and violence, murders and burying of babies alive, was going on even before the Qur'an came on the scene. The reality is that every human being has inherent potenial to do evil as well as good. They were doing evil even before the Qur'an.

Quote:
It is a fact as mentioned above,
there are some [300 millions] evil prone Muslims who are born naturally with evil tendencies and are destined to be influenced by the 'Duck' elements in the Quran that result in terrible evils and violence around the world.
Because they are born as such [analogy -color blind] they cannot see the other alternatives. Against the threat of eternal Hell, they are instantly and spontaneously influenced by the evil laden elements due to their inherent nature [DNA-wise] which cannot be changed easily.
Therefore, there is certainly 'if' in this case. 'If' they can't see the rabbit, they need to have their eyes checked rather than change the colour of the rabbit or kill the duck. 'If' they can't see the rabbit, they can't see the duck properly either. The problem is neither the duck nor the rabbit but their colour blindness.

Quote:
As I had said, there may be hate sites but they are rare.
Rare? Wow! There are many. Even you have quoted from them several times.

Quote:
Most of the sites [I came across] that critique Islam as an ideology [not on Muslims] present very rational arguments based mostly on sources from the Quran, Ahadith, Sira and commentaries of Islamic scholars* and not their own opinions.
It's their own hate that blinds them.

Quote:
* the Islamic scholars may have different views and this has nothing to do with those who quote them. The onus is on those who are objective to sort the reliable ones.
If you use your usual logic, 20% will not be able to sort them but be influenced by them. Even you have been influenced by them because of your bias. That makes 100% of 5b+ born with such bias. It's in their genes.

Old 03-20-2016, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalif View Post
It is still one's deen, and quite rightly on target.
I have no issue with one's being responsible for one's deen.
I don't believe you understand what 'deen' really meant within the whole of reality.
I have discussed this in another thread somewhere.

There is the individual's deen and there is the deen of reality where both need to be aligned accordingly.
As in a perfect marching parade, the individual's deen is like the individual's soldier potential to march in perfect alignment and synchrony with the whole group.

Quote:
The reality is that terrible evils and violence, murders and burying of babies alive, was going on even before the Qur'an came on the scene. The reality is that every human being has inherent potenial to do evil as well as good. They were doing evil even before the Qur'an.
Your point is not logically and realistic.

In reality, there was already terrible evils and violence even before Hitler came into the picture.
It was Hitler and his evil personality and his evil ideology as in the Main Kempf that influenced and inspired SOME evil prone Germans to start WW II and killed millions in the most horrendous evil ways.
It is logically obvious, Hitler and his evil ideology [in the Main Kempf] was to be blamed as the effective root cause, not the fundamental human potential to evil.

It the same with all the terrible evils that has been committed by humans since human emerged.
The evil potential is always there but why the terrible evils started is because of some stimuli that trigger and catalyze the evil to manifest as real.

There was no Quran-inspired evil and violence before Muhammad started to preach Islam in 610AD.
Therefore the Quran embedded with the martial ethos of Muhammad is partly responsible for the terrible evils and violence that are related, influenced and inspired by the evil laden elements in the Quran.
Note this is not a speculation but proven by evidence that SOME evil prone Muslims are making reference to the Quran and Islam.

Quote:
Therefore, there is certainly 'if' in this case. 'If' they can't see the rabbit, they need to have their eyes checked rather than change the colour of the rabbit or kill the duck. 'If' they can't see the rabbit, they can't see the duck properly either. The problem is neither the duck nor the rabbit but their colour blindness.
The reality is;
1. There are 20% of Muslims [born evil prone] who are likely to perceive 'Duck' in the Quran.
2. There are 80% of Muslims who are likely to perceive 'Rabbit' in the Quran.
3. There are more than 55% of evil laden verses [of various degrees] in the Quran
4. Fact and reality is, the elements in point 3 triggered evil prone Muslims in point 1 to commit terrible evils and violence around the world.

There are no ifs in this case. There are only facts.

Quote:
Rare? Wow! There are many. Even you have quoted from them several times.
It's their own hate that blinds them.
The ones I mentioned regularly are not "hate" sites.

Tell me how is this site a 'hate' site.
Islam: The Politically Incorrect Truth
I don't see them making their own opinions but merely collected and compiled their points from a wide range [not selective] News sources which all can verify to.

Quote:
If you use your usual logic, 20% will not be able to sort them but be influenced by them. Even you have been influenced by them because of your bias. That makes 100% of 5b+ born with such bias. It's in their genes.
As far as I am concern I ensure my maintain a sound intellectual credibility by ensuring I am objective and rational [think outside the box] by considering various perspectives.
The fact that I personally made time sacrifices [>12 months full time] to understand [not necessary agree]
the Quran directly and not relying on commentaries indicate I am not a blind follower of the views of others.

I have claimed you have to understand and accept the Quran blindly, emotionally and psychologically because you MUST do that as a believer. Thus you can only think inside the box [i.e. boundaries of Quran and Islam]. Therefore your views are very subjective and not reliable within the context of the truth of reality.
Can you prove me wrong on my above claim?
I am certain your cannot.

Last edited by Continuum; 03-20-2016 at 11:11 PM..

Old 03-20-2016, 11:08 PM

Quote:
I have no issue with one's being responsible for one's deen.
I don't believe you understand what 'deen' really meant within the whole of reality.
I have discussed this in another thread somewhere.

There is individual's deen and there is the deen of reality where both need to be aligned accordingly.
As in a perfect marching parade, the individual's deen is like the individual's soldier potential to march in perfect alignment and synchrony with the whole group.

Your point is not logically and realistic.
In reality, there was already terrible evils and violence even before Hitler came into the picture.
It was Hitler and his evil personality and his evil ideology as in the Main Kempf that influenced and inspired SOME evil prone Germans to start WW II and killed millions in the most horrendous evil ways.

It the same with all the terrible evils that has been committed by humans since human emerged.
The evil potential is always there but why the terrible evils started is because of some stimuli that trigger and catalyze the evil to manifest as real.

There was no Quran-inspired evil and violence before Muhammad started to preach Islam in 610AD.
Therefore the Quran embedded with the martial ethos of Muhammad is partly responsible for the terrible evils and violence that are related, influenced and inspired by the evil laden elements in the Quran.
Note this is not a speculation but proven by evidence that SOME evil prone Muslims are making reference to the Quran and Islam.

The reality are;
1. There are 20% of Muslims [born evil prone] who are likely to perceive 'Duck' in the Quran.
2. There are 80% of Muslims who are likely to perceive 'Rabbit' in the Quran.
3. There are more than 55% of evil laden verses [of various degrees] in the Quran
4. Fact and reality is, the elements in point 3 triggered evil prone Muslims in point 1 to commit terrible evils and violence around the world.

There are no ifs in this case. There are only facts.

The ones I mentioned regularly are not "hate" sites.

Tell me how is this site a 'hate' site.
Islam: The Politically Incorrect Truth
I don't see them making their own opinions but merely collected and compiled their points from a wide range [not selective] News sources which all can verify to.

As far as I am concern I ensure my maintain a sound intellectual credibility by ensuring I am objective and rational [think outside the box] by considering various perspectives.
The fact that I personally made time sacrifices [>12 months full time] to understand [not necessary agree]
the Quran directly and not relying on commentaries indicate I am not a blind follower of the views of others.

I have claimed you have to understand and accept the Quran blindly, emotionally and psychologically because you MUST do that as a believer. Thus you can only think inside the box [i.e. boundaries of Quran and Islam]. Therefore your views are very subjective and not reliable within the context of the truth of reality.
Can you prove me wrong on my above claim?
I am certain your cannot.
I have not found any Muslims that accept the Qur'an blindly. We do tend to question everything in the Qur'an and personally evaluate the very many opinions, commentaries and interpretations. What most of us do accept as indisputable is he Qur'an being the exact words of Allaah(swt). We do question if we are and if scholare interpreting them correctly. We strongly recognize that any understanding, including our own can be in error

If you check the url of that site you will find it to be: Islam: The Politically Incorrect Truth one of Ali Sina's sites. Some of His known sites are:

Religion of Peace
Faith Freedom
Wikiislam
Answeringislam

They are all filled with anti-Islamic rhetoric. Ali Sina's extreme hatred of Islam and his hatred of Muslims is reflected in his sites

Some others that are behind Hate site are:
Walid Shoebat
Sam Shamoun

A couple other hate sites are

barenakedislam
jihadwatch

Sadly they seem to be the most common source of information of Islam seen by non-Muslims. Many non-Muslims never see the Muslim view of Islam. Which was the original purpose of this forum.

Old 03-20-2016, 11:34 PM

Quote:
I have not found any Muslims that accept the Qur'an blindly. We do tend to question everything in the Qur'an and personally evaluate the very many opinions, commentaries and interpretations. What most of us do accept as indisputable is he Qur'an being the exact words of Allaah(swt). We do question if we are and if scholare interpreting them correctly. We strongly recognize that any understanding, including our own can be in error.
I don't doubt that many Muslims do think and reflect on verses of the Quran.
You may think you are not accepting the Quran blindly but the fact is ultimately and unconsciously you and all Muslims has to accept the Quran blindly, i.e. by faith.

Quote:
If you check the url of that site you will find it to be: Islam: The Politically Incorrect Truth one of Ali Sina's sites. Some of His known sites are:

Religion of Peace
Faith Freedom
Wikiislam
Answeringislam
You are wrong.
Ali Sina has only one site i.e. Faith Freedom and another of his personal site.
I am very certain the others do not belong to Ali Sina.
I have written to the owner of 'Religion of Peace' to inform him he Must ensure all his statistics are supported by links. Thereafter he stated in the site links are available upon request.

Quote:
They are all filled with anti-Islamic rhetoric. Ali Sina's extreme hatred of Islam and his hatred of Muslims is reflected in his sites.
I have came across 'hate' [I don't prefer to use this word, should be anti-Muslims] that merely expressed and spew blind contempt without supporting arguments and references.
They just blast Islam merely from feelings and personal opinions based on the terrible evils and violence committed by SOME evil prone Muslims.

Ali Sina may be a more emotional* with his anti-Islam views but most of his later [not past archives] are objective and supported with proper references.
*That was because he felt cheated by the "lies" [he said so] of Islam in a large part of his life.

Quote:
Some others that are behind Hate site are:
Walid Shoebat
Sam Shamoun

A couple other hate sites are

barenakedislam
jihadwatch

Sadly they seem to be the most common source of information of Islam seen by non-Muslims. Many non-Muslims never see the Muslim view of Islam. Which was the original purpose of this forum.
None of the above are considered to be "HATE" sites.

This is merely your personal views and it is because they expressed the truths about Islam as whole and since you cannot accept the truths, so you called them 'HATE' sites. It is also a very common response for those whose ideology are criticized to condemn those who made the criticisms. This is natural as explained in the other thread where all Muslims MUST be positively bias with their own Islam regardless.

The truth is there are real terrible evils and violence committed by SOME evil prone Muslims as a part of Islam. Humanity cannot deny these evil events has nothing to do with Islam.
Whatever the original purpose of this forum, we cannot deny such evils are related to Islam.
Since there are no specific forum to discuss such evils and violence related to Islam, therefore this forum is the most appropriate to discuss them. This is a rational move.

Muslims should not be selfish to discuss merely what they feel they want to discuss in relation to Islam. For the sake of Muslims and humanity, this forum should be opened to whatever is specifically related to 'Islam' i.e. the good, the bad and the ugly.

Old 03-21-2016, 06:59 PM

Quote:
I don't doubt that many Muslims do think and reflect on verses of the Quran.
You may think you are not accepting the Quran blindly but the fact is ultimately and unconsciously you and all Muslims has to accept the Quran blindly, i.e. by faith.

You are wrong.
Ali Sina has only one site i.e. Faith Freedom and another of his personal site.
I am very certain the others do not belong to Ali Sina.
I have written to the owner of 'Religion of Peace' to inform him he Must ensure all his statistics are supported by links. Thereafter he stated in the site links are available upon request.

I have came across 'hate' [I don't prefer to use this word, should be anti-Muslims] that merely expressed and spew blind contempt without supporting arguments and references.
They just blast Islam merely from feelings and personal opinions based on the terrible evils and violence committed by SOME evil prone Muslims.

Ali Sina may be a more emotional* with his anti-Islam views but most of his later [not past archives] are objective and supported with proper references.
*That was because he felt cheated by the "lies" [he said so] of Islam in a large part of his life.

None of the above are considered to be "HATE" sites.

This is merely your personal views and it is because they expressed the truths about Islam as whole and since you cannot accept the truths, so you called them 'HATE' sites. It is also a very common response for those whose ideology are criticized to condemn those who made the criticisms. This is natural as explained in the other thread where all Muslims MUST be positively bias with their own Islam regardless.

The truth is there are real terrible evils and violence committed by SOME evil prone Muslims as a part of Islam. Humanity cannot deny these evil events has nothing to do with Islam.
Whatever the original purpose of this forum, we cannot deny such evils are related to Islam.
Since there are no specific forum to discuss such evils and violence related to Islam, therefore this forum is the most appropriate to discuss them. This is a rational move.

Muslims should not be selfish to discuss merely what they feel they want to discuss in relation to Islam. For the sake of Muslims and humanity, this forum should be opened to whatever is specifically related to 'Islam' i.e. the good, the bad and the ugly.
On a personal note I do not find your posts to be offensive or accusative, but there are some that post here with accusations and can be very accusative and frequently belligerent. Those are the ones that have changed this forum from being a sharing of information to a jousting match.
There is nothing wrong in disagreement, but disagreement to benefit anyone has to be done without malice. most of us welcome differences of opinion, they are a good way for us to examine our own beliefs. I can think of several non-Muslims that post here and do disagree, (You being one of them) with dignity and respect and not out of anger, malice and accusations. I welcome that attitude and I believe many others also do.

When several of us requested an Islamic forum we never intended for it to be argumentative, the General Religion forum has always been the area to point out disagreements with a religion, the Religion specific forums have always been intended to be a place to learn the adherents views.

My primary goal in posting here is to help non-Muslims understand there is no centralized set of teaching we are exposed to. One criticism I frequently hear is that Muslims are taught the Qur'an as rote memorization with no explanation.That is true as no one is to claim that their understanding of Islam is the correct one. Although in an academic manner and at the collegiate level "Islamic Studies" will exam many of the different opinions and do an analyses on them. That will usually include such things as the differing Tafsir of scholars, the different madhabs and such.

Perhaps we each do think within a box, but is a very individual box for each of us. A box of our own choosing and designed through our free will.

Old 03-21-2016, 10:47 PM

Quote:
On a personal note I do not find your posts to be offensive or accusative, but there are some that post here with accusations and can be very accusative and frequently belligerent. Those are the ones that have changed this forum from being a sharing of information to a jousting match.
There is nothing wrong in disagreement, but disagreement to benefit anyone has to be done without malice. most of us welcome differences of opinion, they are a good way for us to examine our own beliefs. I can think of several non-Muslims that post here and do disagree, (You being one of them) with dignity and respect and not out of anger, malice and accusations. I welcome that attitude and I believe many others also do.

When several of us requested an Islamic forum we never intended for it to be argumentative, the General Religion forum has always been the area to point out disagreements with a religion, the Religion specific forums have always been intended to be a place to learn the adherents views.

My primary goal in posting here is to help non-Muslims understand there is no centralized set of teaching we are exposed to. One criticism I frequently hear is that Muslims are taught the Qur'an as rote memorization with no explanation.That is true as no one is to claim that their understanding of Islam is the correct one. Although in an academic manner and at the collegiate level "Islamic Studies" will exam many of the different opinions and do an analyses on them. That will usually include such things as the differing Tafsir of scholars, the different madhabs and such.

Perhaps we each do think within a box, but is a very individual box for each of us. A box of our own choosing and designed through our free will.
Any normal human being will be alarmed by the terrible evils and violence that are committed by SOME evil prone Muslims around the world that are reported in the News almost on a daily basis.
In addition I and most individuals are personally inconvenienced as a consequences of those evils and violence. e.g. sense of terror and fears of travelling and being in popular places, irritating detailed airport checks, etc.

My motivation to post in an Islam Forum is motivated by my quest to understand the effective ultimate root causes of the above terrible evils and violence committed by SOME evil prone Muslims.

To do the above, I have embarked on extensive reading, researching and analyzing the Quran for a long time on a full time basis.
In addition to my research I have to discuss what I have read and understood to ensure I am on the right track with various terms [Arabic or otherwise]. To do this I have to discuss with Muslims in an Islam forum [the general religion and Spiritual Forum will not be efficient for this purpose]. This is how I ended up in this Forum as a regular and I have been very fortunate to discuss the various Islamic issues with someone who had been very co-operative and responsive [albeit dogmatic] like yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam