U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-19-2016, 10:09 PM
 
Location: Not-a-Theist
3,440 posts, read 1,586,785 times
Reputation: 461

Advertisements

By default and generally all Muslims MUST be positively bias toward their own religion regardless of the truth of reality.

Otherwise the faith [belief without reason nor proof] will not be effective to deal with one's salvation or redemption to Paradise and avoiding eternal Hell.

Agree/Disagree?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-19-2016, 11:15 PM
 
1,601 posts, read 753,037 times
Reputation: 435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
By default and generally all Muslims MUST be positively bias toward their own religion regardless of the truth of reality.

Otherwise the faith [belief without reason nor proof] will not be effective to deal with one's salvation or redemption to Paradise and avoiding eternal Hell.

Agree/Disagree?
Totally agree. I have been shocked at the absolute refusal by Muslims to face reality. They turn their backs on the most evident proof.

I have turned my attention lately to non-Muslims reading the Quran for the first time. These people started with very open minds and thought they would continue to feel positively towards Islam and moderate Muslims. Not so. They were, as I was, sickened by the hate and irrationality in the Quran. It is glaring.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-20-2016, 02:51 AM
 
3,167 posts, read 1,040,723 times
Reputation: 289
Most unbelievers by default have closed mind towards the truth in the Qur'an. They can't understand it.

9:32 They wish to put out the light of Allah with their mouths, and Allah will not consent save to perfect His light, though the unbelievers are averse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-20-2016, 08:31 AM
 
1,601 posts, read 753,037 times
Reputation: 435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalif View Post
Most unbelievers by default have closed mind towards the truth in the Qur'an. They can't understand it.

9:32 They wish to put out the light of Allah with their mouths, and Allah will not consent save to perfect His light, though the unbelievers are averse.
OK, I'll bite!

What does this mean:

Qur’an 22:19-22 “for them (the unbelievers) garments of fire shall be cut and there shall be poured over their heads boiling water whereby whatever is in their bowels and skin shall be dissolved and they will be punished with hooked iron rods”

What does this mean:

Quran 4:24 And [also prohibited to you are all] married women except those your right hands possess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-20-2016, 05:18 PM
 
Location: Logan Township, Minnesota
15,511 posts, read 13,294,416 times
Reputation: 7407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
By default and generally all Muslims MUST be positively bias toward their own religion regardless of the truth of reality.

Otherwise the faith [belief without reason nor proof] will not be effective to deal with one's salvation or redemption to Paradise and avoiding eternal Hell.

Agree/Disagree?

That is true of any ideology. A person is not going to stay with or support something that they do not have a positive bias about.
__________________
When posting as a MOD my posts will be in red

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks


MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-20-2016, 06:37 PM
 
1,601 posts, read 753,037 times
Reputation: 435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
That is true of any ideology. A person is not going to stay with or support something that they do not have a positive bias about.
Bias: a particular tendency, trend, inclination, feeling, or opinion, especially one that is preconceived or unreasoned:

Bias | Define Bias at Dictionary.com

Islam is certainly unreasoned. Not all ideologies are unreasoned.

"Philosophy is the science that studies the fundamental aspects of the nature of existence. The task of philosophy is to provide man with a comprehensive view of life. This view serves as a base, a frame of reference, for all his actions, mental or physical, psychological or existential. This view tells him the nature of the universe with which he has to deal (metaphysics); the means by which he is to deal with it, i.e., the means of acquiring knowledge (epistemology); the standards by which he is to choose his goals and values, in regard to his own life and character (ethics)—and in regard to society (politics); the means of concretizing this view is given to him by esthetics." - Ayn Rand

You sold your mind out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-20-2016, 08:25 PM
 
Location: Logan Township, Minnesota
15,511 posts, read 13,294,416 times
Reputation: 7407
Quote:
Originally Posted by juju33312 View Post
Bias: a particular tendency, trend, inclination, feeling, or opinion, especially one that is preconceived or unreasoned:

Bias | Define Bias at Dictionary.com

Islam is certainly unreasoned. Not all ideologies are unreasoned.

"Philosophy is the science that studies the fundamental aspects of the nature of existence. The task of philosophy is to provide man with a comprehensive view of life. This view serves as a base, a frame of reference, for all his actions, mental or physical, psychological or existential. This view tells him the nature of the universe with which he has to deal (metaphysics); the means by which he is to deal with it, i.e., the means of acquiring knowledge (epistemology); the standards by which he is to choose his goals and values, in regard to his own life and character (ethics)—and in regard to society (politics); the means of concretizing this view is given to him by esthetics." - Ayn Rand

You sold your mind out.
That does not mean only one that is preconceived or unreasoned:

There are some people that have an Anti-Qur'an bias. would you say it is always because their bias is preconceived or unreasoned:
__________________
When posting as a MOD my posts will be in red

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks


MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-20-2016, 08:41 PM
 
1,601 posts, read 753,037 times
Reputation: 435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
That does not mean only one that is preconceived or unreasoned:

There are some people that have an Anti-Qur'an bias. would you say it is always because their bias is preconceived or unreasoned:
It is YOUR claim that "some people that have an Anti-Qur'an bias." Not mine. I don't accept your claim. It is invalid. As we saw in the definition of bias, it is unreasoned.

Belief in the supernatural, the nonreal, is irrational, unreasoned, mysticism. Rejection of such nonsense is reasoned.

"What is mysticism? Mysticism is the acceptance of allegations without evidence or proof, either apart from or against the evidence of one’s senses and one’s reason. Mysticism is the claim to some non-sensory, non-rational, non-definable, non-identifiable means of knowledge, such as “instinct,” “intuition,” “revelation,” or any form of “just knowing.”

Reason is the perception of reality, and rests on a single axiom: the Law of Identity.

Mysticism is the claim to the perception of some other reality—other than the one in which we live—whose definition is only that it is not natural, it is supernatural, and is to be perceived by some form of unnatural or supernatural means.- Ayn Rand
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-20-2016, 09:22 PM
 
Location: Logan Township, Minnesota
15,511 posts, read 13,294,416 times
Reputation: 7407
Quote:
Originally Posted by juju33312 View Post
It is YOUR claim that "some people that have an Anti-Qur'an bias." Not mine. I don't accept your claim. It is invalid. As we saw in the definition of bias, it is unreasoned.

Belief in the supernatural, the nonreal, is irrational, unreasoned, mysticism. Rejection of such nonsense is reasoned.

"What is mysticism? Mysticism is the acceptance of allegations without evidence or proof, either apart from or against the evidence of one’s senses and one’s reason. Mysticism is the claim to some non-sensory, non-rational, non-definable, non-identifiable means of knowledge, such as “instinct,” “intuition,” “revelation,” or any form of “just knowing.”

Reason is the perception of reality, and rests on a single axiom: the Law of Identity.

Mysticism is the claim to the perception of some other reality—other than the one in which we live—whose definition is only that it is not natural, it is supernatural, and is to be perceived by some form of unnatural or supernatural means.- Ayn Rand
You don't have an anti-Qur'an bias? Does that mean you are now claiming not to be anti-Qur'an. I assume that means you are pro-Qur'an.
__________________
When posting as a MOD my posts will be in red

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks


MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-20-2016, 09:48 PM
 
1,601 posts, read 753,037 times
Reputation: 435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
You don't have an anti-Qur'an bias? Does that mean you are now claiming not to be anti-Qur'an. I assume that means you are pro-Qur'an.
I am anti Quran for rational reasons. My judgement of the Quran is not a "particular tendency, trend, inclination, feeling, or opinion, especially one that is preconceived or unreasoned."

It seems you need to think about the definition of bias.

If you can think that I am suddenly pro-Quran it is worthless to try to hold any kind of discussion with you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top