U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2016, 10:03 PM

637 posts, read 646,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
What I see as a probable goal of ISIS is to encourage anti-Islamic sentiment among non-Muslim. Make it difficult if not impossible for a Muslim to live peacefully in a non-Muslim Nation. They almost certainly know that attacks like this going to result in retaliation against all Muslims.

The Terrorists that hide behind the name of Muslim are an enemy of all people, they are just as much an enemy of Muslims as they are to non-Muslims. Possibly more so as it seems there goal is to goad non-Muslims into killing Muslims and/or make the non-Muslims hostile to accepting Muslim refugees from the devastated war zones.

Very few if any Muslims would ever say that a person who claims to be Muslim is not a Muslim. Although we most likely will point out some people do not perform Islam as we should perform it.

It is essential for us Muslims to denounce the terrorists if for no other reason than to understand why non-Muslims are becoming distrusting of Muslim. wWe must not allow the waswas (whispering of Shaytan) to cause us to be angry with non-Muslims that react to the likes of ISIS and project their anger and fears against against all Muslims.

We should not condemn the terrorists simply to please our non-Muslim neighbors, we should condemn them for the evil they are spreading. Like in all things intent is of utmost importance. We need to condemn, because it is our intent to end evil.

Not true at all. Many Muslims that I know will state that another person is not Muslim because of one reason or the other. I have one old school friend that would concede "she was raised Muslim". I am not Muslim so maybe their language is different with me. They want to present the good persons in the religion as the representatives of the faith.

As for your other point, why can't you just condemn because murder of innocent strangers is wrong????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2016, 10:12 PM

20,204 posts, read 11,199,738 times
Quote:
What I see as a probable goal of ISIS is to encourage anti-Islamic sentiment among non-Muslim. Make it difficult if not impossible for a Muslim to live peacefully in a non-Muslim Nation. They almost certainly know that attacks like this going to result in retaliation against all Muslims.

The Terrorists that hide behind the name of Muslim are an enemy of all people, they are just as much an enemy of Muslims as they are to non-Muslims. Possibly more so as it seems there goal is to goad non-Muslims into killing Muslims and/or make the non-Muslims hostile to accepting Muslim refugees from the devastated war zones.

Very few if any Muslims would ever say that a person who claims to be Muslim is not a Muslim. Although we most likely will point out some people do not perform Islam as we should perform it.

It is essential for us Muslims to denounce the terrorists if for no other reason than to understand why non-Muslims are becoming distrusting of Muslim. wWe must not allow the waswas (whispering of Shaytan) to cause us to be angry with non-Muslims that react to the likes of ISIS and project their anger and fears against against all Muslims.

We should not condemn the terrorists simply to please our non-Muslim neighbors, we should condemn them for the evil they are spreading. Like in all things intent is of utmost importance. We need to condemn, because it is our intent to end evil.
What I think is necessary is less feckless denunciation and more genuinely useful assistance. In some cases, it will be "snitching," but it can more generally and usefully mean positively identifying the threat. You can't just say "all Muslims aren't like that," you have to say "There, those Muslims are like that!"

And there are "those" Muslims. I can Google Muslim websites and find out who "those" Muslims are. I've talked to Iranian and Indian friends who have told me in private conversations who "those" Muslims are.

Old 03-23-2016, 01:25 AM

3,167 posts, read 1,042,559 times
The Brussels attack was attack on humanity. I condemn it.

I could have been one of the victims. Those who do not care whether they themselves live or die are not going to care less whether any other Muslim dies in their attack or not.

Their goal is not to destroy or defeat the West - they can't - but to divide peaceful people in the West so that people begin to hate even the peaceful Muslims in the West. This is In the hope that it will lead to recruit more tertorists from the West.

Our goal in the West has to be for all, including Muslims, to unite and stay united, and not let the terrorists divide us.

Old 03-23-2016, 04:41 AM

3,440 posts, read 1,588,795 times
Quote:
This was a cowardly act and it is our desire that those who are behind the atrocity are soon found and brought to Justice.

We as Muslims condemn Terrorism by anyone. This was a cowardly act that is not tolerated by Muslims world wide.

We stand together in solidarity with:

Organization of Islamic Cooperation Strongly Condemns Brussels Attack

Brussels Attacks: Muslim Organization Condemns Violence | Variety
All evils acts should be condemned.

To avoid 'silent means consent' responsible Muslims should voiced out their condemnations of the evil acts of ISIS.

However such voicing out is merely protocol but do not address the ultimate effective root causes.

Old 03-23-2016, 06:17 AM

3,167 posts, read 1,042,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
All evils acts should be condemned.

To avoid 'silent means consent' responsible Muslims should voiced out their condemnations of the evil acts of ISIS.
Perhaps that's why these jehadi terrorists are targetting both Muslim and non-muslim public because of their silence was consent to crusading attack on Iraq which was based on a lie.

I had condemned that attack and am condemning this attack as well.

Old 03-23-2016, 07:43 AM

15,511 posts, read 13,302,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manhattangirl View Post
Not true at all. Many Muslims that I know will state that another person is not Muslim because of one reason or the other. I have one old school friend that would concede "she was raised Muslim". I am not Muslim so maybe their language is different with me. They want to present the good persons in the religion as the representatives of the faith.

As for your other point, why can't you just condemn because murder of innocent strangers is wrong????
Yes some Muslims will state another person is not Muslim because of their actions. But world wide you will find most Muslims will not say anyone is not a Muslim. We do not know who is or is not a Muslim as being Muslim is a personal relationship with Allaah(swt) requiring the sincerity and intent of the individual. To state a Muslim is not Muslim even if accidentally will reflect badly upon our self as we are not the judge. We do not know what is in another person's intentions or sincerity. We can not see into a person's heart and thoughts. We only know what an individual says. If a person says they are Muslim, we accept they are Muslim. We can address the person's actions and explain why we believe the action is not Islamic.

The other point I essentially what I did say' we should condemn . murder because it is an act of evil, we condemn all evil.

I worded it as:

Quote:
I chose those words because many times we hear people say "Muslims do not condemn terrorists" I think it heeds to be our intent to condemn all evil acts (including murder) because they are evil, not to do so simply to pacify those that say we do not condemn terrorists.

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks

MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's

Old 03-23-2016, 09:58 AM

352 posts, read 308,854 times
Bismillaah ir Rahmaan ir Rahiim. As salaamu alaykum. I watched a few videos of that phony attack. It appears to be another ploy, conjured up to attack and kill more Muslims, and steal more Muslim land. The same as took place in France recently. So its off to Libya again.

Old 03-23-2016, 03:08 PM

21,376 posts, read 24,142,259 times
Quote:
This was a cowardly act and it is our desire that those who are behind the atrocity are soon found and brought to Justice.

We as Muslims condemn Terrorism by anyone. This was a cowardly act that is not tolerated by Muslims worldwide.

Why? Where is the solidarity from Europeans when these attacks happen outside of Europe. We can have great sympathy for victims of terror in Belgium, but in reality we are saying their lives matter more. Where was the sympathy for the 100's that have died since the 1st of the year outside of Europe? I'm not even a Muslim and there has to be more than myself that know this is more about money and power rather than disguising it as a religious attack.

Old 03-23-2016, 03:24 PM

1,601 posts, read 753,881 times
Quote:

We as Muslims condemn Terrorism by anyone. This was a cowardly act that is not tolerated by Muslims world wide.

Brussels Attacks: Muslim Organization Condemns Violence | Variety
What??! Here you are speaking for all Muslims ("We as Muslims condemn Terrorism by anyone.") and then you post "One thing you will not find among Muslims is a standardized set of beliefs followed by all Muslims."

You do not speak for all Muslims.

Next, talk is cheap. It's easy to take a stand against ISIS and also important to do so. It's just what I would be doing if I were a Muslim that did not want to get kicked out of a country and wanted the liberal left to stay on my side. But in fact, Muslims who stand against any kind of terrorism are later caught financially supporting terrorism. CAIR is an example.

What we don't see is Muslims putting their money where their mouths are. For example, Muslims set up neighborhoods that become hotbeds for terrorism and instead of inviting the police and FBI to come in and have heavy surveillance of the Muslim neighborhoods, the Muslims band together to keep the cops out! That is NOT how you act if you are against terrorism. You invite and encourage the cops to raid homes and mosques, which are used by many terrorists. You encourage profiling, since you know terrorists are using Islam as the reason for their terrorism. But Muslims don't do that. Pathetic little whimpers against terrorism do nothing to stop terrorism and a lot to encourage useful idiots to keep supporting Islam...and you yourself can and do use these few whimperers as a tool.

If Muslims are against terrorism, why are they not speaking out against the terrorism demanded in the Quran? I ask thousands of Muslims if they can say that Muhammed/Allah was wrong to promote terrorism. NOT ONE would say that.

Muslims PROTECT terrorists!

"Family, friends and a network of petty criminals, rather than Islamic State (Isis), hid Paris attacker Salah Abdeslam in the Molenbeek neighbourhood of Belgian capital Brussels over the course of a four-month international manhunt, French and Belgian officials have said.

Anne Hidalgo, the Mayor of Paris, where 130 were killed in the November 2015 attacks, has said she believed the community of Molenbeek had "undoubtedly protected" Abdeslam.

Speaking on French radio, Hidalgo said the investigation into how Abdeslam had evaded police capture, despite an intensive international manhunt, would show "family support networks" and petty criminals had hidden the Belgian national in the aftermath of the Paris attacks. She added that these kinds of closed-off communities needed to be combatted. Hidalgo said not only had the Paris attackers been protected by their neighbours and friends, but doubtless many others."

Her comments followed those made by the Belgium's federal prosecutor, Frédéric Van Leeuw. "Abdeslam relied on a large network of friends and relatives that already existed for drug dealing and petty crime to keep him in hiding," the state lawyer told the Belgian public broadcaster RTBF."

Salah Abdeslam: Family and friends 'protected' Isis Paris attacker in Brussels

Let me put it this way...if there were bands of terrorists in my neighborhood committing terrorist acts and calling themselves Objectivists, I would be BEGGING for massive police surveillance!! I would be joining them!! Instead, Muslims close ranks and protect the terrorists and the doctrine that urges them to slaughter.

Old 03-23-2016, 03:33 PM

15,511 posts, read 13,302,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Why? Where is the solidarity from Europeans when these attacks happen outside of Europe. We can have great sympathy for victims of terror in Belgium, but in reality we are saying their lives matter more. Where was the sympathy for the 100's that have died since the 1st of the year outside of Europe? I'm not even a Muslim and there has to be more than myself that know this is more about money and power rather than disguising it as a religious attack.
A dear friend of minep (a Methodist Pastor) brought up almost the identical question on his facebook page. While it is right to support the victims in Brussels and to condemn the perpetrators, why was no similar outrage about the recent bombings by ISIS in Turkey, Indonesia, Burkina Faso and other non-European nations?

Good Question. Perhaps it really is all about $$$$$$$$$$$

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks

MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or