U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-26-2016, 11:02 PM
 
1,601 posts, read 751,951 times
Reputation: 435

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
It could very well be that the Imam was doing as he he said he was doing--Criticizing Pakistan's Capital punishment laws. Barelvis are deeply opposed to the death penalty for any reason.

He said: "that he is "disturbed" and "upset" at the news of Qadri's execution, before writing "rahmatullahi alai", a religious blessing usually given to devout Muslims and meaning may God's mercy be upon him..... "I cannot hide my pain today. A true Muslim was punished for doing which [sic] the collective will of the nation failed to carry out."

What a hater!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-26-2016, 11:35 PM
 
Location: San Francisco
2,371 posts, read 1,503,305 times
Reputation: 3870
Quote:
Originally Posted by juju33312 View Post
They don't arrest Muslims for that because it's not politically correct. Heck, they don't arrest Muslims for mass rape of young girls!

"Major official inquiries, including one published last week, have discovered that in Rotherham between 1997 and 2013, around 1,400 young people, mainly white working-class girls, were sexually exploited and abused by gangs of men, most of them of Pakistani Muslim heritage.

The girls, mostly poor, vulnerable, and from broken families, were groomed by the men and passed around as sexual playthings. Some were prostituted; many were plied with drugs and alcohol.

What does this have to do with P.C.? P.C. facilitated these crimes; it aided and abetted them.

The left-leaning Labour-run local council in Rotherham was so hamstrung by P.C., so riven with what the U.K. Home Secretary Theresa May has called “institutionalised political correctness,” that it was reluctant to investigate or talk openly about the Pakistani men’s sex crimes for fear of appearing racist and demeaning an ethnic minority."

How Political Correctness Aided and Abetted Sex Crimes in England - Reason.com
Yes, the first thing I thought of was political correctness. Hopefully (if not too incrementally) that's now changing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2016, 03:53 AM
 
Location: Logan Township, Minnesota
15,511 posts, read 13,286,660 times
Reputation: 7407
Quote:
Originally Posted by juju33312 View Post
They don't arrest Muslims for that because it's not politically correct. Heck, they don't arrest Muslims for mass rape of young girls!

"Major official inquiries, including one published last week, have discovered that in Rotherham between 1997 and 2013, around 1,400 young people, mainly white working-class girls, were sexually exploited and abused by gangs of men, most of them of Pakistani Muslim heritage.

The girls, mostly poor, vulnerable, and from broken families, were groomed by the men and passed around as sexual playthings. Some were prostituted; many were plied with drugs and alcohol.

What does this have to do with P.C.? P.C. facilitated these crimes; it aided and abetted them.

The left-leaning Labour-run local council in Rotherham was so hamstrung by P.C., so riven with what the U.K. Home Secretary Theresa May has called “institutionalised political correctness,” that it was reluctant to investigate or talk openly about the Pakistani men’s sex crimes for fear of appearing racist and demeaning an ethnic minority."

How Political Correctness Aided and Abetted Sex Crimes in England - Reason.com
You may be interested to know that the one who brought this into public scrutiny is Muslim. From the News Story Link

Quote:
However, on the day of Qadri's funeral, one of the co-directors of the Association of British Muslims, Paul Salahuddin-Armstrong, was so shocked by comments on social media in the UK praising the killer that he wrote a blog post.

"Horrified… I honestly don't know where to begin," he said.
Is safe to assume you agree with this Muslim for bringing this to the attention of the media?

You may have read the links in my other post and notice that This Imam and the Mosque are Barelvi and not considered Muslims by most Muslims.

There are several groups besides Muslims that consider the Qur'an to be sacred and Muhammad(saws) to be a Prophet. A few that I can think of offhand

Ahmadyyah--Although they believe they are Muslims they are considered to be non-Muslims and are not allowed into Mecca or Medina.

Bahai'i--Originally a Shi'ite sect do not consider them selves to be Muslim

Yazidi--Formed from a combination of Sunni and Shia do not consider them selves to be Muslim

Barelvi--Very similar to Bahai'i in beliefs but were derived from Sufi'ism-- Generally not considered to be Muslims by Sunni or Shi'ite but call them selves Sunni Muslims They make up nearly 40% of those claiming to be Muslim in the UK they also do not go to Mecca for Hajj as they will not pray behind a Sunni Imam Supporting source--http://www.yanabi.com/index.php?/top...-mecca-medina/ Also as they are not considered Muslims I do not believe they would be allowed into Mecca and Medinah even if they wanted to do Hajj.

NOI--(Nation of Islam) an American Religion begun in the USA in the 1930's, based upon the Qur'an and they consider themselves to be Muslim but do not believe Muhammad(saws) was the final prophet and Louis Farrakan is the current prophet to be followed. They also are not permitted into Mecca for Hajj unless they say the Shahadah upon entering Saudi. Most NOI that go on Hajj do convert to Islam.and do not return to NOI..

Overall I find it interesting to see you supporting the Muslim Community in their condemnation of a non-Muslim Barelvi.
__________________
When posting as a MOD my posts will be in red

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks


MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2016, 08:14 AM
 
1,601 posts, read 751,951 times
Reputation: 435
Quote:
Originally Posted by modernist1 View Post
Yes, the first thing I thought of was political correctness. Hopefully (if not too incrementally) that's now changing.
Not changing. Did you see this:

Man who said Muslim pupils celebrated after Brussels visited by police | World | News | Daily Express

Instead of investigating the parents of these hater kids, they send the police as a warning to the guy who exposes that the hater kids are cheering for the terrorists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2016, 08:39 AM
 
1,601 posts, read 751,951 times
Reputation: 435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
You may be interested to know that the one who brought this into public scrutiny is Muslim. From the News Story Link

Is safe to assume you agree with this Muslim for bringing this to the attention of the media?

You may have read the links in my other post and notice that This Imam and the Mosque are Barelvi and not considered Muslims by most Muslims.

There are several groups besides Muslims that consider the Qur'an to be sacred and Muhammad(saws) to be a Prophet. A few that I can think of offhand

Ahmadyyah--Although they believe they are Muslims they are considered to be non-Muslims and are not allowed into Mecca or Medina.

Bahai'i--Originally a Shi'ite sect do not consider them selves to be Muslim

Yazidi--Formed from a combination of Sunni and Shia do not consider them selves to be Muslim

Barelvi--Very similar to Bahai'i in beliefs but were derived from Sufi'ism-- Generally not considered to be Muslims by Sunni or Shi'ite but call them selves Sunni Muslims They make up nearly 40% of those claiming to be Muslim in the UK they also do not go to Mecca for Hajj as they will not pray behind a Sunni Imam Supporting source--Why Don't Many Barelvi Ulema Pray Behind The Imams In Mecca & Medina? - Spirit Of Islam Also as they are not considered Muslims I do not believe they would be allowed into Mecca and Medinah even if they wanted to do Hajj.

NOI--(Nation of Islam) an American Religion begun in the USA in the 1930's, based upon the Qur'an and they consider themselves to be Muslim but do not believe Muhammad(saws) was the final prophet and Louis Farrakan is the current prophet to be followed. They also are not permitted into Mecca for Hajj unless they say the Shahadah upon entering Saudi. Most NOI that go on Hajj do convert to Islam.and do not return to NOI..

Overall I find it interesting to see you supporting the Muslim Community in their condemnation of a non-Muslim Barelvi.
Draw the conclusion that hater Muslims are talking over Europe.

You say: "You may be interested to know that the one who brought this into public scrutiny is Muslim. From the News Story Link"

Quote where it says that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2016, 09:13 AM
 
Location: Logan Township, Minnesota
15,511 posts, read 13,286,660 times
Reputation: 7407
Quote:
Originally Posted by juju33312 View Post
Draw the conclusion that hater Muslims are talking over Europe.

You say: "You may be interested to know that the one who brought this into public scrutiny is Muslim. From the News Story Link"

Quote where it says that.
From the OP's link

Quote:
However, on the day of Qadri's funeral, one of the co-directors of the Association of British Muslims, Paul Salahuddin-Armstrong, was so shocked by comments on social media in the UK praising the killer that he wrote a blog post.

"Horrified… I honestly don't know where to begin," he said.
Paul Salahuddin-Armstrong is Muslim
__________________
When posting as a MOD my posts will be in red

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks


MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2016, 12:50 PM
 
Location: San Francisco
2,371 posts, read 1,503,305 times
Reputation: 3870
Murdered Muslim shopkeeper's family fear for their lives from hardline Islamic factions - Telegraph
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2016, 03:08 PM
 
1,601 posts, read 751,951 times
Reputation: 435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
From the OP's link



Paul Salahuddin-Armstrong is Muslim
I am talking about all the children raped by Muslim gangs in the UK and the horrible consequences of PC.

And tell me where on the OP's link it says that this Muslim was the one who brought this "into public scrutiny".

All I read is this:

"However, on the day of Qadri's funeral, one of the co-directors of the Association of British Muslims, Paul Salahuddin-Armstrong, was so shocked by comments on social media in the UK praising the killer that he wrote a blog post.
"Horrified… I honestly don't know where to begin," he said.
He said he was also "appalled" to find a prominent mosque in Birmingham - the Ghamkol Sharif - had termed Qadri a "martyr" on its website."

Nothing about him bringing any of this "into public scrutiny".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2016, 03:52 PM
 
Location: San Francisco
2,371 posts, read 1,503,305 times
Reputation: 3870
Quote:
Originally Posted by juju33312 View Post
I am talking about all the children raped by Muslim gangs in the UK and the horrible consequences of PC.

And tell me where on the OP's link it says that this Muslim was the one who brought this "into public scrutiny".

All I read is this:

"However, on the day of Qadri's funeral, one of the co-directors of the Association of British Muslims, Paul Salahuddin-Armstrong, was so shocked by comments on social media in the UK praising the killer that he wrote a blog post.
"Horrified… I honestly don't know where to begin," he said.
He said he was also "appalled" to find a prominent mosque in Birmingham - the Ghamkol Sharif - had termed Qadri a "martyr" on its website."

Nothing about him bringing any of this "into public scrutiny".
I agree with you on a lot, but isn't a blog 'public scrutiny'?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2016, 04:51 PM
 
1,601 posts, read 751,951 times
Reputation: 435
Quote:
Originally Posted by modernist1 View Post
I agree with you on a lot, but isn't a blog 'public scrutiny'?
Generally speaking, but did his blog bring this issue into public scrutiny? The claim by woodrow is: "You may be interested to know that the one who brought this into public scrutiny is Muslim. "

Brought what into public scrutiny? That hater Muslims were praising the terrorist on social media. (This was confusing because woodrow posted this claim right after quoting my post about the hater Muslims who mass raped all the children in the UK.)

Did no one in the media know about hater Muslims posting praises of the terrorist before the Paul Salahuddin-Armstrong blog?

The OP article said: "However, on the day of Qadri's funeral, one of the co-directors of the Association of British Muslims, Paul Salahuddin-Armstrong, was so shocked by comments on social media in the UK praising the killer that he wrote a blog post."

Woodrow said: "Is safe to assume you agree with this Muslim for bringing this to the attention of the media?"

Nowhere does it say this guy brought anything to the attention of the media. Just that he put out a blog posting.

Now woodrow won't put the quote here that says that the blog posting by Paul Salahuddin-Armstrong was responsible for bringing the social media posts praising the terrorist to the attention of the media.

Sorry this was long winded!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top