U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2016, 11:59 AM

616 posts, read 591,349 times

Advertisements

Hello everybody

Why we Muslims Should to condemn
after every terrorist attack on Western non-Muslim , as if we*were*responsible about this attack ، just because the actors Muslims ? Despite that the West did not denounce his crimes in the Muslim Arab countries and he is responsible for them !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2016, 12:02 PM

616 posts, read 591,349 times

Old 03-28-2016, 12:16 PM

3,228 posts, read 2,854,499 times
I'm a Western convert and I think this happens to every group. In the US, white people are believed that they should apologize to African Americans and Native Americans from what happened in the past. As a Western convert, people often wonder why I converted. They're shocked to hear that as a female I find peace in Islam.

I don't think we should apologize, but we should condemn extremists. I think moderates in all beliefs should condemn extremism.

Old 03-28-2016, 01:44 PM

9,903 posts, read 8,175,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessxwrites89 View Post
I'm a Western convert and I think this happens to every group. In the US, white people are believed that they should apologize to African Americans and Native Americans from what happened in the past. As a Western convert, people often wonder why I converted. They're shocked to hear that as a female I find peace in Islam.

I don't think we should apologize, but we should condemn extremists. I think moderates in all beliefs should condemn extremism.
One side of my family tree comes from France, the other side is from native south Louisiana tribes. So should I be angry with my ancestors for taking my ancestors land? Being a race or skin color isn't a personal choice. Being Muslim is a choice unless it's under the threat of torture or death.

What I find strange is in some terrorist attacks Muslims will say they denounce or condem the attack, but...
But so and so should not have insulted the prophet or Islam.
They justify the attack right after denouncing the attack. What about the Easter bombing in Pakistan killing Christians (dead up to 60 now)? Remember the attacks and threats for the Muhammad cartoons?

Old 03-28-2016, 02:27 PM

4,338 posts, read 2,265,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weaam View Post
Hello everybody

after every terrorist attack on Western non-Muslim , as if we*were*responsible about this attack ، just because the actors Muslims ? Despite that the West did not denounce his crimes in the Muslim Arab countries and he is responsible for them !
IMHO most Muslims just accept their religion (and it's numerous problems) without ever feeling like they can criticize or improve on some of Islam's negative culture and practices; then they get defensive or upset when other people point out these issues.[list]

The French and Belgian bombers were locals who engaged in unbelievably indiscriminate killing of innocents in the countries that gave them residency. They (and the Paki Taliban) espouse jihadist ideology that calls for a strict interpretation of Sharia and death to those that don't believe as they do.

Who created these crazed radicals ?
Why does a young European or other seemingly normal Muslim youth identify with the Islamic State ?
What created the fertile soil into which the Jihadist seeds were planted ?
If these radicals are apostates to Islam then where is the anti-apostate fighting force made up of Muslims ?

If the answer to some of these questions are because of Iraq/Syria, US ME Policy, Syria Bombing, Drones, Palestine, Israel, Colonialism, (take your pick) then your simply making excuses for inhuman killers and that my friend is the problem.

Old 03-28-2016, 02:28 PM

15,511 posts, read 13,284,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
One side of my family tree comes from France, the other side is from native south Louisiana tribes. So should I be angry with my ancestors for taking my ancestors land? Being a race or skin color isn't a personal choice. Being Muslim is a choice unless it's under the threat of torture or death.

What I find strange is in some terrorist attacks Muslims will say they denounce or condem the attack, but...
They justify the attack right after denouncing the attack. What about the Easter bombing in Pakistan killing Christians (dead up to 60 now)? Remember the attacks and threats for the Muhammad cartoons?
I do not know any Muslim who is not condemning Yesterday's bombing in Lahore. It was a criminal act of terrorism and not justified. Pakistan has an obligation to provide refuge to Christians seeking a place of sanctuary from Hindu persecution in India, and even predating the name Pakistan the State of Punjab (Today's Pakistan) did just that.

Many things in life do not have a simple Yes or No answer. Right and Wrong are usually shades of gray and not black or white. Responsibility is always up to each of us we alone are responsible for our actions. If I knowingly walk into a lions den, I must share the blame for the lion attacking me. If I make an indecent pass at "Big Al's Wife" I must share the blame for Big Al beating me to a bloody pulp.

If I deliberately insult something I know my neighbor will defend with his life, I should accept the fact I will not like the results if I do it.

With that said each of us Muslim and Non-Muslim have the responsibility to condemn all violent actions. But none of us should be forced to apologize for that which we did not do nor approved of.

Yes being Muslim is a personal choice as is the being a trustworthy, compassionate human being. We Muslims should be both But no one should ever be held accountable for that which they neither did nor approved of.

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks

MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's

Old 03-28-2016, 03:16 PM

2,112 posts, read 642,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weaam View Post
Hello everybody

Because they are claiming they speak for you. Because they claim that your holy book is the reason why they are doing what they are doing. As a non-Muslim, your silence comes across as either indifference or silent support.

Old 03-28-2016, 03:52 PM

3,228 posts, read 2,854,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post

Even before I was a Muslim I disliked the Muhammad cartoons. I always thought: "why can't people respect other cultures and beliefs?" You get no sympathy from me there, as I never had sympathy for those cartoonists even when I was a non-believer.

I'm not saying I agree with certain people blaming other peoples' ancestors because that is not a choice. We don't have a choice to the race we are born into. That's why I roll my eyes when people make such a big deal over old history. Just let it go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
I do not know any Muslim who is not condemning Yesterday's bombing in Lahore. It was a criminal act of terrorism and not justified. Pakistan has an obligation to provide refuge to Christians seeking a place of sanctuary from Hindu persecution in India, and even predating the name Pakistan the State of Punjab (Today's Pakistan) did just that.

Many things in life do not have a simple Yes or No answer. Right and Wrong are usually shades of gray and not black or white. Responsibility is always up to each of us we alone are responsible for our actions. If I knowingly walk into a lions den, I must share the blame for the lion attacking me. If I make an indecent pass at "Big Al's Wife" I must share the blame for Big Al beating me to a bloody pulp.

If I deliberately insult something I know my neighbor will defend with his life, I should accept the fact I will not like the results if I do it.

With that said each of us Muslim and Non-Muslim have the responsibility to condemn all violent actions. But none of us should be forced to apologize for that which we did not do nor approved of.

Yes being Muslim is a personal choice as is the being a trustworthy, compassionate human being. We Muslims should be both But no one should ever be held accountable for that which they neither did nor approved of.
Woodrow is 100% correct, especially with: "Yes being Muslim is a personal choice as is the being a trustworthy, compassionate human being."

It's not hard to be a trustworthy, compassionate human being.

Old 03-28-2016, 03:58 PM

43,559 posts, read 52,678,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
Because they are claiming they speak for you. Because they claim that your holy book is the reason why they are doing what they are doing. As a non-Muslim, your silence comes across as either indifference or silent support.
That is incredibly unreasonable.
Understandable.
But unreasonable.

I'm not Muslim, but I'm not going to hold one set of people responsible for something someone else claims to have done in their name. Just like I don't hold white people today responsible for slavery. That's just freaking ridiculous.

Old 03-28-2016, 04:28 PM

9,903 posts, read 8,175,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post

Personal insult or insult of a person's religion does not warrant execution nor even the threat of death.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam