U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-23-2016, 01:56 AM
 
Location: Not-a-Theist
3,440 posts, read 1,585,898 times
Reputation: 461

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
But over all I find that the Muslims I personally know find the verses you call violent a deterrent to violence. I am an administrator of an Islamic forum that has been in existence for over 20 years now (I became an admin 6 years ago) and has over 10,000 members world wide has only had one member professing that we are to fight non-Muslims, not have them as friends etc. We do have a Qur'an section in which we discuss each ayyat and the meanings of it. But, so far except for that one person none have ever claimed any ayyat encourages violence.
One is sufficient evidence in this case as the forum you moderated may be skewed to the moderates.
However the reality out there is there are Muslims who recognized and are influenced by the evil laden elements to commit real terrible evils and violence around the world.
The evidence of this is so glaring, e.g. Anjem Choudary, Bin Laden, Al Badhadi, Boko Haram and many other groups with thousands of their followers.

As I had mentioned it is imperative for an Abrahamic believers to be blind and bias to any elements that are not pleasant to them, e.g. the evil laden verses. This is why the majority of Muslims cannot perceive any violent verses in the Quran even though such evil laden verses are right in front of them.

Quote:
Demonizing Islam also helps raise funds for Missionaries in non-Muslim Nations. The fear--"If we don't save them dem heathen moozlems will get'em"
Demonizing Islam is a very lucrative business.
I don't deny there are religions which demonize other religions. Many Christians demonize other religions but their religious do not have any inherent elements that condone violence against other religions.

Even SOME of the so-claimed empathetic Buddhists also condemn other religions.

When a religion demonized or criticize another religion, there are two main reasons, i.e.

1. Due to competitiveness for followers, chauvinism, one-up_ness.
2. Due to actual evils committed by the religion.

Reason 1 is common.

Unfortunately Islam is the only religions where other religions and non-religious people condemn the Islam [in part] for the real terrible evils and violence committed by SOME Muslims who are naturally inclined to commit evils and violence when they are influenced and inspired by the evil laden elements in the Quran.

Last edited by Continuum; 04-23-2016 at 02:04 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-23-2016, 01:47 PM
 
Location: Logan Township, Minnesota
15,511 posts, read 13,291,704 times
Reputation: 7407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
One is sufficient evidence in this case as the forum you moderated may be skewed to the moderates.
However the reality out there is there are Muslims who recognized and are influenced by the evil laden elements to commit real terrible evils and violence around the world.
The evidence of this is so glaring, e.g. Anjem Choudary, Bin Laden, Al Badhadi, Boko Haram and many other groups with thousands of their followers.

As I had mentioned it is imperative for an Abrahamic believers to be blind and bias to any elements that are not pleasant to them, e.g. the evil laden verses. This is why the majority of Muslims cannot perceive any violent verses in the Quran even though such evil laden verses are right in front of them.

I don't deny there are religions which demonize other religions. Many Christians demonize other religions but their religious do not have any inherent elements that condone violence against other religions.

Even SOME of the so-claimed empathetic Buddhists also condemn other religions.

When a religion demonized or criticize another religion, there are two main reasons, i.e.

1. Due to competitiveness for followers, chauvinism, one-up_ness.
2. Due to actual evils committed by the religion.

Reason 1 is common.

Unfortunately Islam is the only religions where other religions and non-religious people condemn the Islam [in part] for the real terrible evils and violence committed by SOME Muslims who are naturally inclined to commit evils and violence when they are influenced and inspired by the evil laden elements in the Quran.

Some points to keep in mind.

1. Very few, if any, who do evil believe their actions are evil. That Works in both directions. People who seek to change or destroy something will be biased against any reason they should not pursue that course. No matter how violent or hateful their methods are, they will only perceive them as good. Makes no difference if it is a non-Muslim who believes Islam is evil or if it is a Muslim who believes non-Muslims are evil.

2. People that are prone to violence will unconciously seek out justification for violence. No stimulis required. They will find a stimulis on their own. In nations that have a large military some will find joining the Military to be an outlet for their violence. (Most military join out of a sense of duty I am speaking of the violence prone that do so because they have a strong desire to be in combat) There are people that have a strong desire to kill and hope the military will give them the opportunity. Must usually get washed out in early training.Some explode while in training and commit an atrocity on the base. other people that seek violence will seek gang memberships or a life of crime. Those prone to violence will seek Justification for their violence. They will interpret what ever is available as Justification. Be it Religious, Political, Social or whatever is available.

3. Because a person states something is the reason for their act of violence, that does not mean it is so.

4. There is no evidence that violence will be decreased by the removal of anything. Look at us here in the US we have averaged a Mass shooting once a week for the past 3 years. None with any religious excuse given. and we are one of the least violent Nations in the Western Hmesphere. I believe Canada is the only Western Hemisphere Nation with less violence then us.

With or without the Qur'an there will be extreme violence in some parts of the world. My own belief is it would increase dramatically without the Qur'an. There are several identified causes for national violence Interesting links that migh help explain this:
Root causes of violent conflict in developing countries
Causes of Disputes and Conflicts | Beyond Intractability

Being an emerging Nation. Is very often a contibutiong cause fpr violence as there is often a battle for power. Being an emerging nation is almost always brought about through war.
Most Islamic Nation only became independent in the past 100 years. The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia did not become a Nation until 1932. Pakistan and Bangladesh did not become independent nations until after 1946. Indonesia won independence from the Netherlands in 1047. Nearly all of the Islamic Nation are still new emerging Nations and facing the trials and tribulations of Independence like we did. Our own History from 1776 until 1900 was filled with internal violence. This is quite often the case for emerging nations.
Here is a listing of all the worlds Nation by date of Independence.

http://geography.about.com/od/lists/...endenceday.htm

Almost every Islamic Nation emerged after 1945 and very many after 1960. I know you are going to say there are very old Muslim nations. However after the Fall of the Ottomans almost every Islamic nation became a colony of the UK, France, Spain or the Netherlands. Usually under very slave like conditions. (Recall the reasons why we fought for independence in 1776)

Nearly every Islamic Nation is an emerging nation which is a very strong cause of violence. Combine that with poverty, overcrowding, illiteracy and other social factors, the Qur'an is a very minimal factor if any for the cause of violence by Muslims.
__________________
When posting as a MOD my posts will be in red

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks


MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2016, 10:25 PM
 
Location: Not-a-Theist
3,440 posts, read 1,585,898 times
Reputation: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Some points to keep in mind.

1. Very few, if any, who do evil believe their actions are evil. That Works in both directions. People who seek to change or destroy something will be biased against any reason they should not pursue that course. No matter how violent or hateful their methods are, they will only perceive them as good. Makes no difference if it is a non-Muslim who believes Islam is evil or if it is a Muslim who believes non-Muslims are evil.
Agree. The above is typical human nature.
My point is there are verses which we normal people would define as evil laden, but to Muslims who are evil prone, they perceived and believe it is good to the extent acting on them will please Allah.

Quote:
2. People that are prone to violence will unconciously seek out justification for violence. No stimulis required. They will find a stimulis on their own. In nations that have a large military some will find joining the Military to be an outlet for their violence. (Most military join out of a sense of duty I am speaking of the violence prone that do so because they have a strong desire to be in combat) There are people that have a strong desire to kill and hope the military will give them the opportunity. Must usually get washed out in early training.Some explode while in training and commit an atrocity on the base. other people that seek violence will seek gang memberships or a life of crime. Those prone to violence will seek Justification for their violence. They will interpret what ever is available as Justification. Be it Religious, Political, Social or whatever is available.
Agree generally. The above is typical human nature.
In this case we need to understand there are the very hard core and not so hard core people who are prone to commit violence.
The very hard core will commit violence even there is no external stimulus. Note the serial killer and other hard core psychopaths.
However, the no so hard core will be triggered by stimulus. This is why violent materials in movies and other medias are censored or subject to some form of control so that these violent materials do not trigger the vulnerable not-so-hardcore.

Quote:
3. Because a person states something is the reason for their act of violence, that does not mean it is so.
True in one sense.
But in the other sense, one can always verify the claims of the person who justify their sources of violence to verses in their holy text.

Quote:
4. There is no evidence that violence will be decreased by the removal of anything. Look at us here in the US we have averaged a Mass shooting once a week for the past 3 years. None with any religious excuse given. and we are one of the least violent Nations in the Western Hmesphere. I believe Canada is the only Western Hemisphere Nation with less violence then us.

With or without the Qur'an there will be extreme violence in some parts of the world. My own belief is it would increase dramatically without the Qur'an. There are several identified causes for national violence Interesting links that might help explain this:
Root causes of violent conflict in developing countries
Causes of Disputes and Conflicts | Beyond Intractability
On the THEORETICAL basis, [note merely theory],
if we remove the Quran and Islam from humanity,
there will no more of such statistics;



In the last few months 7 atheist bloggers were killed in Bangladesh when they were hacked to death on their necks with machetes. This is influenced by the few verses on 'smiting the necks of non-Muslims' in defense of Islam. The very existence of atheists and their voice is deemed to be a threat to Islam by SOME evil prone Muslims.

Do you agree theoretically to the above?

Without Islam and the Quran, some of the hardcore evil prone people will continue to commit violence and evil but they are doing it because of their inherent evil nature.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-24-2016, 12:00 AM
 
Location: Logan Township, Minnesota
15,511 posts, read 13,291,704 times
Reputation: 7407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
Agree. The above is typical human nature.
My point is there are verses which we normal people would define as evil laden, but to Muslims who are evil prone, they perceived and believe it is good to the extent acting on them will please Allah.

Agree generally. The above is typical human nature.
In this case we need to understand there are the very hard core and not so hard core people who are prone to commit violence.
The very hard core will commit violence even there is no external stimulus. Note the serial killer and other hard core psychopaths.
However, the no so hard core will be triggered by stimulus. This is why violent materials in movies and other medias are censored or subject to some form of control so that these violent materials do not trigger the vulnerable not-so-hardcore.

True in one sense.
But in the other sense, one can always verify the claims of the person who justify their sources of violence to verses in their holy text.

On the THEORETICAL basis, [note merely theory],
if we remove the Quran and Islam from humanity,
there will no more of such statistics;



In the last few months 7 atheist bloggers were killed in Bangladesh when they were hacked to death on their necks with machetes. This is influenced by the few verses on 'smiting the necks of non-Muslims' in defense of Islam. The very existence of atheists and their voice is deemed to be a threat to Islam by SOME evil prone Muslims.

Do you agree theoretically to the above?

Without Islam and the Quran, some of the hardcore evil prone people will continue to commit violence and evil but they are doing it because of their inherent evil nature.
Quote:
In the last few months 7 atheist bloggers were killed in Bangladesh when they were hacked to death on their necks with machetes. This is influenced by the few verses on 'smiting the necks of non-Muslims' in defense of Islam. The very existence of atheists and their voice is deemed to be a threat to Islam by SOME evil prone Muslims.

Do you agree theoretically to the above?
I do not know one way or the other. Neither does any one else unless the cuprits are caught and we find out their motivation.

They could range from as you say to political radical non-Muslims seeking to stir up hatred. but most probably will be some place in between the 2 opposites.

There are also political factors that could be involved. A strange thing is happening in Bangladesh as the population grows the land mass itself is eroding into the ocean. In the very near future it will be necessary for Banglesh to get additional land from India or for many Banglas to find refuge in other nations. another option would be for some maniacs to stir up hatred and try to get a sizable part of the population murdered. i agree that is not a probable scenario, but I do think the shrinking land mass in a nation that is primarily coastal flood plains is have an effect on many people there, especially since they feel trapped in there by India. There are many possibilities behind the murders, but I am going to reserve judgement until I know something about the perpetrators.

Quote:
Without Islam and the Quran, some of the hardcore evil prone people will continue to commit violence and evil but they are doing it because of their inherent evil nature.
I believe that is the main reason they are hard core and they simply seek a visible means to attempt to justify their actions. It is like Flip Wilson's Geraldine:

__________________
When posting as a MOD my posts will be in red

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks


MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-24-2016, 12:50 AM
 
Location: Not-a-Theist
3,440 posts, read 1,585,898 times
Reputation: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
I do not know one way or the other. Neither does any one else unless the cuprits are caught and we find out their motivation.

They could range from as you say to political radical non-Muslims seeking to stir up hatred. but most probably will be some place in between the 2 opposites.

There are also political factors that could be involved. A strange thing is happening in Bangladesh as the population grows the land mass itself is eroding into the ocean. In the very near future it will be necessary for Banglesh to get additional land from India or for many Banglas to find refuge in other nations. another option would be for some maniacs to stir up hatred and try to get a sizable part of the population murdered. i agree that is not a probable scenario, but I do think the shrinking land mass in a nation that is primarily coastal flood plains is have an effect on many people there, especially since they feel trapped in there by India. There are many possibilities behind the murders, but I am going to reserve judgement until I know something about the perpetrators.
The killings of atheist in Bangladesh were claimed by Al Qaeda and ISIS.
I know Bin Laden has been quoting from the Quran to justify his violence which would have influenced his followers similarly.

Here is a point why the atheists were killed.
Quote:
Responsibility for the attacks on secularists which have since occurred have been claimed by a number of militant groups including Ansarullah Bangla Team, who have frequently justified their attacks on the grounds that their victims are "atheists" and enemies of Islam.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attack..._in_Bangladesh
If you have been reading the News you will note the terrorists and other who committed evils and violence had quoted verses from the Quran and claimed their victims are associated with threat to Islam.
Bouyeri had told the court he had acted out of religious conviction.

Clutching a copy of the Koran, he said that "the law compels me to chop off the head of anyone who insults Allah and the prophet".
BBC NEWS | Europe | Van Gogh killer jailed for life
The Woolwich killer justified his violence from verses in the Quran;
[understand you have hearing problem] but he did quote the Quran in this video.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-24-2016, 09:24 AM
 
Location: Logan Township, Minnesota
15,511 posts, read 13,291,704 times
Reputation: 7407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
The killings of atheist in Bangladesh were claimed by Al Qaeda and ISIS.
I know Bin Laden has been quoting from the Quran to justify his violence which would have influenced his followers similarly.

Here is a point why the atheists were killed.


If you have been reading the News you will note the terrorists and other who committed evils and violence had quoted verses from the Quran and claimed their victims are associated with threat to Islam.
Bouyeri had told the court he had acted out of religious conviction.

Clutching a copy of the Koran, he said that "the law compels me to chop off the head of anyone who insults Allah and the prophet".
BBC NEWS | Europe | Van Gogh killer jailed for life
The Woolwich killer justified his violence from verses in the Quran;
[understand you have hearing problem] but he did quote the Quran in this video.

Does it not seem odd that they are always so fast to make it known they are Muslims?

Also that ISIS is always fast to claim responsibility even when it is obvious they could not have been involved. it is almost like they want the world to retaliate against Islam. ISIS has killed way more Muslims than non-Muslims.

Also keep in mind these people are criminals, driven by the desire of violence. Is it not possible their reason is to deliberately stir up as much violence as they could.

They have to be aware that those actions are going to result in retaliation against all Muslims. It does not seem they motivation is religion but rather a desire to create hatred and violence.

It is very similar ro an old joke:

Two politicians a Democrat and Republican were having coffee together. The Republican noted that the Democrat consistently was far ahead of him in the polls.

The Republican asked the Democrat if he could explain that as they both were very similar to each other. the Democrat asked the Republican to detail how he campaigns daily.

The Republican answers; "I am always kind and courteous, treat all people I come in contact with respect, leave big tips when ever I am served and always leave cards that say "Vote Republican"

The Democrat said: "I do similar. Except I am as rude as possible, insult as many people I can, never tip and am always certain I leave cards that say "Vote Republican"


My point being do not rule out the possibility those people are deliberately wanting to stir up hatred against mainstream Muslims.
They are not motivated by the Qur'an they are motivated to destroy those that that will not support what they call Islam.
Or possibly they just want to see the excitement of hatred between Muslims and non-Muslims

My personal opinion is that ISIS wants there to be so much hatred of Muslims by Non-Muslims that the Muslims will only find safety with ISIS. They are not Quoting the Qur'an out of religious influence. but for political gain.
__________________
When posting as a MOD my posts will be in red

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks


MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-24-2016, 09:20 PM
 
Location: Not-a-Theist
3,440 posts, read 1,585,898 times
Reputation: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Does it not seem odd that they are always so fast to make it known they are Muslims?

Also that ISIS is always fast to claim responsibility even when it is obvious they could not have been involved. it is almost like they want the world to retaliate against Islam. ISIS has killed way more Muslims than non-Muslims.

Also keep in mind these people are criminals, driven by the desire of violence. Is it not possible their reason is to deliberately stir up as much violence as they could.

They have to be aware that those actions are going to result in retaliation against all Muslims. It does not seem they motivation is religion but rather a desire to create hatred and violence.

It is very similar ro an old joke:

Two politicians a Democrat and Republican were having coffee together. The Republican noted that the Democrat consistently was far ahead of him in the polls.

The Republican asked the Democrat if he could explain that as they both were very similar to each other. the Democrat asked the Republican to detail how he campaigns daily.

The Republican answers; "I am always kind and courteous, treat all people I come in contact with respect, leave big tips when ever I am served and always leave cards that say "Vote Republican"

The Democrat said: "I do similar. Except I am as rude as possible, insult as many people I can, never tip and am always certain I leave cards that say "Vote Republican"


My point being do not rule out the possibility those people are deliberately wanting to stir up hatred against mainstream Muslims.
They are not motivated by the Qur'an they are motivated to destroy those that that will not support what they call Islam.
Or possibly they just want to see the excitement of hatred between Muslims and non-Muslims

My personal opinion is that ISIS wants there to be so much hatred of Muslims by Non-Muslims that the Muslims will only find safety with ISIS. They are not Quoting the Qur'an out of religious influence. but for political gain.
I don't deny there are political and other elements behind Muslims [individual or group] evils and violence. However these are secondary root causes.

The primary root cause is the existential dilemma in the individual which is like a heat-seeking-missile jumping on to anything 'religious' [or otherwise] that will relieve the associated terrible mental pains [subliminal] within. The Abrahamic religions are the MOST effective religions to resolve the mental pains of the existential dilemma. Just Surrender - believe! and viola!! one is instantly SAVED.

The unfortunate thing is while Islam is effective in easing the pains of the existential dilemma, the Quran of Islam contain evil laden elements in its verses.
To remain "SAVED" [else terrible HELL beckons] SOME Muslims who are evil prone will obey the Quran to the letter in their own 'DUCK-RABBIT' perceptions to please God to ensure an assured passport to Paradise with its super sensual delights. This is the primary reason of why people why SOME Muslims ended committing terrible evils and violence around the world.
The formula is,
If a Muslim must remained SAVED [else terrible HELL beckons], a Muslim must obey Allah's verses without exception which happened to include evil laden elements.
This is the ultimate primary element.

Because the above primary element already and is readily in existence, many groups [political, religious, sect, social, marketers, profiteers, etc.] will exploit this primary element for their own purposes.

Obviously the politicians who are Muslims from Islamic Nations are exploiting this primary element for their political purposes.

Even the USA exploited these primary elements within the Talibans to fight the Russians by invoking verses from the Quran, i.e. Russians are the enemies of Islam when the occupied the Islamic land of Afghanistan.

This individual in the video did not claim to be a member of ISIS but merely claimed he killed this non-active soldier because his employer occupied Muslims' land and killed Muslims, thus a threat to Islam and he justified with verses and chapters from the Quran.
What drove him to kill was critically the primary elements, any secondary element is purely incidental.
If he had been a Christian, Buddhist, Jainists or Taoist, he would not have commit such an abominable evil act.

Victims of evil prone Muslims are killed by a common method, i.e. "smite at the neck" and this is inspired by similar evil laden verses from the Quran.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-24-2016, 10:50 PM
 
Location: Logan Township, Minnesota
15,511 posts, read 13,291,704 times
Reputation: 7407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
I don't deny there are political and other elements behind Muslims [individual or group] evils and violence. However these are secondary root causes.

The primary root cause is the existential dilemma in the individual which is like a heat-seeking-missile jumping on to anything 'religious' [or otherwise] that will relieve the associated terrible mental pains [subliminal] within. The Abrahamic religions are the MOST effective religions to resolve the mental pains of the existential dilemma. Just Surrender - believe! and viola!! one is instantly SAVED.

The unfortunate thing is while Islam is effective in easing the pains of the existential dilemma, the Quran of Islam contain evil laden elements in its verses.
To remain "SAVED" [else terrible HELL beckons] SOME Muslims who are evil prone will obey the Quran to the letter in their own 'DUCK-RABBIT' perceptions to please God to ensure an assured passport to Paradise with its super sensual delights. This is the primary reason of why people why SOME Muslims ended committing terrible evils and violence around the world.
The formula is,
If a Muslim must remained SAVED [else terrible HELL beckons], a Muslim must obey Allah's verses without exception which happened to include evil laden elements.
This is the ultimate primary element.

Because the above primary element already and is readily in existence, many groups [political, religious, sect, social, marketers, profiteers, etc.] will exploit this primary element for their own purposes.

Obviously the politicians who are Muslims from Islamic Nations are exploiting this primary element for their political purposes.

Even the USA exploited these primary elements within the Talibans to fight the Russians by invoking verses from the Quran, i.e. Russians are the enemies of Islam when the occupied the Islamic land of Afghanistan.

This individual in the video did not claim to be a member of ISIS but merely claimed he killed this non-active soldier because his employer occupied Muslims' land and killed Muslims, thus a threat to Islam and he justified with verses and chapters from the Quran.
What drove him to kill was critically the primary elements, any secondary element is purely incidental.
If he had been a Christian, Buddhist, Jainists or Taoist, he would not have commit such an abominable evil act.

Victims of evil prone Muslims are killed by a common method, i.e. "smite at the neck" and this is inspired by similar evil laden verses from the Quran.
Unfortunately there is no way to prove a negative. So there is no way I can prove that if these people had not been Muslim and had never seen a Qur'an they still would at some point commit a violent act.

However, if the Qur'an is an incentive for violence, Muslims still having the causes of all other people should have the highest rate of violence among all people because of the additional influence of the Qur'an


But it can be shown that acts of violence among Muslims are less than that of other demographic groups.
__________________
When posting as a MOD my posts will be in red

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks


MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-24-2016, 11:21 PM
 
Location: Not-a-Theist
3,440 posts, read 1,585,898 times
Reputation: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Unfortunately there is no way to prove a negative. So there is no way I can prove that if these people had not been Muslim and had never seen a Qur'an they still would at some point commit a violent act.
There is no need to prove any negative in this case.
It is simple logic.
Theoretically, if there is no Quran at all, then there will not be any Quran-inspired evils and violence.
If Hitler was not born, thus no main kempt written by Hitler, then there would be no Hitler inspired holocaust.

Quote:
However, if the Qur'an is an incentive for violence, Muslims still having the causes of all other people should have the highest rate of violence among all people because of the additional influence of the Qur'an/
"Highest rate of violence among all people" is too crude a measure.
The most effective comparison is to compare evils and violence amongst believers of the mainstream religions who had committed evils and violence when inspired by verses from their holy texts in the name of their religions or founder.

The Quran contains evil laden element that inspired violence in SOME [not all 1.5 billion] Muslims who are naturally evil prone. Even then not all the evil prone will commit violence, i.e. only some of the 20% of evil prone will actually commit violence or influence others to commit violence.

One marker is evil prone Muslims of Islam are the only ones who are influenced by evil laden verses in the Quran and they quote to justify their violence. Thus Islam is the ONLY religion amongst all the mainstream religions which has Muslims that are inspired by the Quran to commit evils and violence around the world. No evil prone believers from any other religions commit violence and evil in the name of their religion nor quote any verses from their respective religious texts. Have you heard of Buddha_u Akbar by evil prone Buddhists?

Quote:
But it can be shown that acts of violence among Muslims are less than that of other demographic groups.
This is an irrelevant comparison.
The most effective comparison is to compare evils and violence amongst believers of the mainstream religions who had committed evils and violence when inspired by verses from their holy texts in the name of their religions or founder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2016, 11:19 AM
 
Location: Logan Township, Minnesota
15,511 posts, read 13,291,704 times
Reputation: 7407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
There is no need to prove any negative in this case.
It is simple logic.
Theoretically, if there is no Quran at all, then there will not be any Quran-inspired evils and violence.
If Hitler was not born, thus no main kempt written by Hitler, then there would be no Hitler inspired holocaust.

"Highest rate of violence among all people" is too crude a measure.
The most effective comparison is to compare evils and violence amongst believers of the mainstream religions who had committed evils and violence when inspired by verses from their holy texts in the name of their religions or founder.

The Quran contains evil laden element that inspired violence in SOME [not all 1.5 billion] Muslims who are naturally evil prone. Even then not all the evil prone will commit violence, i.e. only some of the 20% of evil prone will actually commit violence or influence others to commit violence.

One marker is evil prone Muslims of Islam are the only ones who are influenced by evil laden verses in the Quran and they quote to justify their violence. Thus Islam is the ONLY religion amongst all the mainstream religions which has Muslims that are inspired by the Quran to commit evils and violence around the world. No evil prone believers from any other religions commit violence and evil in the name of their religion nor quote any verses from their respective religious texts. Have you heard of Buddha_u Akbar by evil prone Buddhists?

This is an irrelevant comparison.
The most effective comparison is to compare evils and violence amongst believers of the mainstream religions who had committed evils and violence when inspired by verses from their holy texts in the name of their religions or founder.

No follower of any of the Abrahamic religions will find anything in their texts that promotes violence against innocent people.

If actually followed all 4 of the Abrahamic religions promote peaceful co-existence.



Christian terrorism is much more common than people will admit. But as the Western world is predominately Christian most people are aware the Bible is not the cause, but is used as an excuse or Justification. It seldom gets labeled as a "Religious Crime" Double standard at work--If it is done by a Christian it is the fault of the individual, but if it is done by a Muslim it is the fault of the Qur'an.

Here are some of the most dangerous Terrorist organizations known. All claiming to be Christian I think you are intelligent enough to know they use the Bible as an excuse, it is not the Cause.

6 modern-day Christian terrorist groups our media conveniently ignores - Salon.com

Both the LRA and the NFLT are very comparable to ISIS and the lesser ones are quite equal to Taliban and Al-Qaida. But they are Christians not Muslims so therefore their crimes do not fall under the category of religious crimes. Plus all Westerners know the Bible is not the cause, they use the Bible as an excuse.--- did I mention double standards?

Check out the Army of God Website and tell me they do not quote violent scriptures from the Bible

http://www.armyofgod.com/
__________________
When posting as a MOD my posts will be in red

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks


MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's

Last edited by Woodrow LI; 04-25-2016 at 11:39 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top