U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2016, 03:31 PM

3,167 posts, read 1,038,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
The point is you are ignorant of how a proper system of Morality should work.
The point is you are ignorant of how a practical system of Morality should works. In words only or through the real situations?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2016, 09:58 PM

3,440 posts, read 1,583,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalif View Post
The point is you are ignorant of how a practical system of Morality should works. In words only or through the real situations?
It is a fact you are ignorant of the Philosophy of Morality and Ethics which involved very deep thoughts into the theory and practical aspects.

My understanding of this morality/ethics is based on a Framework and System of Morality and Ethics. Morality covers the theory and principles while ethics covers the practical in its deepest depth and details. I have cover tons of books and materials on the practical system of Ethics [Morality] and the Principles of Morality.

On practical ethics read this up.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consequentialism
There are more to it [the practical] and I suggest you research on them before you ignorant accused others of being ignorant.

The Theory and Principles are very critical to the whole Framework and System of Morality and Ethics. In this case one has to use one higher reasoning faculties [for theists this is given by God] to understand the theory before the practical.
The incompetence of the Quran in terms of morality is it does invoke at least some elements of the higher faculties of higher reasoning to establish the most essential absolute moral maxim to limit the most evil element, i.e. the 'killing' of another human being.

Old 07-27-2016, 10:37 AM

15,511 posts, read 13,284,120 times
Quote:
It is a fact you are ignorant of the Philosophy of Morality and Ethics which involved very deep thoughts into the theory and practical aspects.

My understanding of this morality/ethics is based on a Framework and System of Morality and Ethics. Morality covers the theory and principles while ethics covers the practical in its deepest depth and details. I have cover tons of books and materials on the practical system of Ethics [Morality] and the Principles of Morality.

On practical ethics read this up.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consequentialism
There are more to it [the practical] and I suggest you research on them before you ignorant accused others of being ignorant.

The Theory and Principles are very critical to the whole Framework and System of Morality and Ethics. In this case one has to use one higher reasoning faculties [for theists this is given by God] to understand the theory before the practical.
The incompetence of the Quran in terms of morality is it does invoke at least some elements of the higher faculties of higher reasoning to establish the most essential absolute moral maxim to limit the most evil element, i.e. the 'killing' of another human being.
Going back to my college years I find Islam falls under the "System of Situational Ethics" as slam is not based upom leaglism and an absolute code of do or nmot do. Very much empjasiss placed upon intent, circumstances, personal responsibility, and personal knowledge & abilities. Islamic Ethics does not fit the models of Social, Legal, Religious, or Corporate Ethics, but does entail all.

A quick view of Ethics Ethics 101 summed up

Quote:
Situational Ethics

When the question “What makes an action right or wrong?” is asked another answer one hears is that “love” is the determining principle. This is the basis of situational ethics, a system made popular by Joseph Fletcher.
Three Types of Ethical Systems

Fletcher believes there are three approaches to making moral decisions. The first he calls legalism which he defines as “rules and regulations.” He rejects this system as being more concerned with law than with people.
Fletcher states that the second approach to morality is antinomianism, meaning “against law.” Antinomians reject all rules, laws, and principles regarding morality and see no basis for determining whether acts are moral or immoral. Fletcher rejects antinomianism because it refuses to take seriously the demands of love.
The third option, Fletcher’s personal choice, is situationism. It is often called situation ethics or the new morality. It argues for a middle road between legalism and antinomianism.
Situational Ethics | Everything Counts® - Official Site | Gary Ryan Blair

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks

MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's

Old 07-27-2016, 12:07 PM

Quote:

Just as tons of the Qur'an translations did not bring you out of your ignorance about the Qur'an, loading tons of books on morality in theory on the back of an ass won't make him knowledgeable in practical ethics.

'Thou Shalt Not Kill' is of course Absolute Moral Maxim but it has always been confined within words only. It has never been practiced as an absolute ethical code in ALL situations. Man's need, therefore, is not something that is impractical in ALL situations but a code of ethics that can be used in ALL real situations. The Qur'an fulfills that practical need.

For this reason, the Qur'an is a perfect guide for me. It takes both situations, peace and war, into account. Such Path is neither of one extreme nor of the other extreme but is the Central Path. Because of this guide, I will never be an extremist in my actions.

Old 07-28-2016, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Going back to my college years I find Islam falls under the "System of Situational Ethics" as slam is not based upom leaglism and an absolute code of do or nmot do. Very much empjasiss placed upon intent, circumstances, personal responsibility, and personal knowledge & abilities. Islamic Ethics does not fit the models of Social, Legal, Religious, or Corporate Ethics, but does entail all.

A quick view of Ethics Ethics 101 summed up

Situational Ethics | Everything Counts® - Official Site | Gary Ryan Blair
Islam ethics can be classed under situational ethics which is specifically theological based.
But Islam do not apply absolute moral codes [maxims] where it is most critical, e.g. on killing of another human being.

Most religions has an absolute moral maxim/code/precept on killing of another human being, i.e.
Thou Shalt Not Kill, Period!
There is no ifs and but to it.

But Islam is the only main religion that has an open-ended ethical rule for killing.
One cannot kill but if the condition warrant then kill.

For example the 'kill one kill all' maxim is stated in the Quran 5:32, which was actually ordained for the Jews.
but in the related verses Muslims can kill under certain conditions.
This conditional point is extensively highlighted in the Internet, here's one,
Answering Muslims: Quran 5:32, Nazam, and Neglecting Context

Old 07-28-2016, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Just as tons of the Qur'an translations did not bring you out of your ignorance about the Qur'an, loading tons of books on morality in theory on the back of an ass won't make him knowledgeable in practical ethics.

'Thou Shalt Not Kill' is of course Absolute Moral Maxim but it has always been confined within words only. It has never been practiced as an absolute ethical code in ALL situations. Man's need, therefore, is not something that is impractical in ALL situations but a code of ethics that can be used in ALL real situations. The Qur'an fulfills that practical need.

For this reason, the Qur'an is a perfect guide for me. It takes both situations, peace and war, into account. Such Path is neither of one extreme nor of the other extreme but is the Central Path. Because of this guide, I will never be an extremist in my actions.
You are a very selfish person, i.e. it is only for me, me and me.

As a human being you MUST take into account your fellow human beings who are basically like you and every one.

Because the Quran did not make 'Thou Shalt Not Kill' as an absolute moral maxim, this shortfall has influenced and inspired SOME evil prone Muslims to kill our fellow human beings for no good reasons other than they disbelieved or are non-Muslims.
Extend some pity, empathy and compassion to these innocent people who had been killed and many will definitely be killed in the future by evil prone Muslims [SOME] reading from the same Quran and you do.

Old 07-28-2016, 05:54 AM

Quote:
You are a very selfish person, i.e. it is only for me, me and me.
You need to understand the message of the Qur'an:

[6.164] Say: What! shall I seek a Lord other than Allah? And He is the Lord of all things; and no soul earns (evil) but against itself, and no bearer of burden shall bear the burden of another; then to your Lord is your return, so He will inform you of that in which you differed.

[53.38] That no bearer of burden shall bear the burden of another-

It's not being selfish but prioritizing my actions because of the responsibilities on me as an individual.

If it is perfect guide "for me", it can't be imperfect guide "for the others".

Quote:
As a human being you MUST take into account your fellow human beings who are basically like you and every one.
They are responsible for their own actions. I am not responsible for your actions.

Quote:
Because the Quran did not make 'Thou Shalt Not Kill' as an absolute moral maxim, this shortfall has influenced and inspired SOME evil prone Muslims to kill our fellow human beings for no good reasons other than they disbelieved or are non-Muslims.
Thou Shall Not Kill has never stopped anyone killing our fellow human beings. It is not of any use except in words only. Moral Maxim in the Qur'an is practical in real situations. Only those kill others who disregard the Moral Maxim in the Qur'an 60:8-9.

Quote:
Extend some pity, empathy and compassion to these innocent people who had been killed and many will definitely be killed in the future by evil prone Muslims [SOME] reading from the same Quran and you do.
I do but they do not, and you do not understand the difference.

Old 07-28-2016, 06:17 AM

Quote:
But Islam is the only main religion that has an open-ended ethical rule for killing.
One cannot kill but if the condition warrant then kill.
That is deliberately misrepresenting what is the ethical rule in the Qur'an.

The ethical rule in the Qur'an is, do not kill anyone unless anyone is going to kill you. Otherwise, I would be a sitting duck for a kafir about to kill me.

In other words, if one must die then it would be rather the one who is trying to kill me than I. It is survival at stake here. Saving my life is of utmost priority in this ethical rule. Saving the other life is inbuilt in this ethical rule. If the other inclines to peace I will incline to peace as an ethical rule in the Qur'an. There is no rule in the Qur'an that says kill them even if they incline to peace. Thus, in a peace situation, Thou Shall Not Kill is Moral Maxim in the Qur'an too.

Old 07-28-2016, 10:22 AM

1,601 posts, read 751,713 times
Quote:

The ethical rule in the Qur'an is, do not kill anyone unless anyone is going to kill you.
Hogwash. I have posted the verses over and over that OK killing non-Muslims who were NOT killing Muslims.

The Truth:

The myth that warfare is only justified in Islam under the condition of self-defense is disproved by the account of the Battle of Badr, in which Muhammad sent his men out to raid caravans, then deliberately provoked a battle with the Meccan army sent out to defend them. The case for aggressive warfare is also supported by the fate of the three Jewish tribes of Medina, who were cleansed because they had rejected Muhammad’s claims of prophethood (and because the Muslims wanted their possessions).

Consider also the fate of the Banu Mustaliq, an Arab tribe:
"The Prophet had suddenly attacked Bani Mustaliq without warning while they were heedless and their cattle were being watered at the places of water. Their fighting men were killed and their women and children were taken as captives" (Bukhari 46:717)
Although there are many reliable accounts from the Hadith and Sira that mention the Mustaliq grazing cattle, not one mentions Muhammad making any effort at peacemaking. In this case, Muhammad's men raped the women (with his approval) after slaughtering the men (Sahih Muslim 3371). What does raping a female captive have to do with self-defense?

In many situations, Muhammad waged war for the purpose of revenge, such as the attack on the Lihyan, in which the people were clearly not prepared for war and saved themselves only by fleeing into the hills (Ibn Ishaq/Hisham 718). Muhammad also attacked the people of Taif as soon as he had the opportunity to avenge their rejection of him (Ibn Ishaq/Hisham 280 & 872).

Also disproving the myth that Muhammad only fought in self-defense is the account of his first attack on the Christians. There was no compelling reason for him to send an army to Muta (in Syria, where they met with disaster at the hands of the Byzantines). Had this been a matter of self-defense, then the enemy would surely have followed the routed army back to Arabia, but this was not the case (Ibn Ishaq/Hisham 791).

Near the end of his life, the prophet of Islam directed military campaigns for the mere purpose of spreading Islamic rule. He knew that some cities would resist and others would not. He left instructions to his people for dealing with each case:
The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: If you come to a township (which has surrendered without a formal war) and stay therein, you have a share (that will be in the form of an award) in (the properties obtained from) it. If a township disobeys Allah and His Messenger (and actually fights against the Muslims) one-fifth of the booty seized therefrom is for Allah and His Apostle and the rest is for you. (Sahih Muslim 4346)
As can be seen, those who were not at war with the Muslims are to be subjugated anyway, and their property seized. The only distinguishing factor is the extent of Muslim entitlement following the victory.

Military campaigns to extend Islamic domination include the raid on Tabuk, which was a second incursion into the Christian territory of Syria, in which Muhammad forced the local populace to pay him tribute after ambushing and killing local civilians to assert his authority (Ibn Ishaq/Hisham 903). Another example would be the “convert or die” mandate given to an Arab tribe, the Banu al-Harith:
Then the apostle sent Khalid bin Walid… to the Banu al-Harith and ordered him to invite them to Islam three days before he attacked them. If they accepted then he was to accept it from them, and if they declined he was to fight them. So Khalid set out and came to them, and sent out riders in all directions inviting the people to Islam, saying, “If you accept Islam you will be safe.” So the men accepted Islam as they were invited. (Ibn Ishaq/Hisham 959)
Obviously self-defense was not a factor in any of these cases (even though some Muslims are prone to embellish the record with imaginary details not found therein). As with the capture of Mecca in 630, these early Muslims had clear military superiority and the target of their aggression was in no position to defend itself.

In fact, the first part of the 9th Sura, the most bellicose chapter of the Qur’an, was revealed shortly after the Muslims had established military dominance in Mecca. Consider one of the more violent verses:
But when the forbidden months are past, then fight and slay the Pagans wherever ye find them, and seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war); but if they repent, and establish regular prayers and practice regular charity, then open the way for them (9:5)
The words, “when the forbidden months are past,” precludes the possibility that this was a matter of self-defense. The Muslims had already been given the divine right to fight during the sacred months, and it is simply implausible that they would have suffered attacks over a four month period without defending themselves. That they were not under attack is consistent with the historical context, in which the Haj period was a traditional time of peace and tolerance throughout Arabia. Although not under attack from the pagans, Muhammad ordered his men to chase and kill the unbelievers following the Haj. The pagans who agreed to become Muslim (ie. practice the pillars of Islam, zakat and salat) would be allowed to live following their conversion. Verse 9:29 offers a separate rule for Jews and Christians, allowing them to keep their religion as long as they pay protection money to Muslims and acknowledge the inferiority of their faith. Should they resist, then they should be killed.

One of the best documented examples of Muslim aggression during the lifetime of Muhammad is the attack on the peaceful community of Khaybar. This followed the treaty of Hudaibiya between the Muslims and Meccans, which called for a period of peace between the two groups. The treaty was controversial with Muslims, not only because it contradicted Allah’s prior mandate to “drive out” the Meccans with violent force (2:191), but also because Muhammad agreed not to be recognized as a prophet in the document (Muslim 4401).

Muhammad decided that it was prudent to attack the Jews at Khaybar in order to regain the respect of his people and placate their grumbling with military victory and (especially) the stolen wealth that followed. This is embarrassing to modern-day Muslim apologists, who try to justify the siege by imagining that the sleepy farming community, located about 100 miles outside of Medina, posed some sort of necessary threat.

Unfortunately for contemporary apologists, not only is there no supporting evidence that the Muslims were under attack by the Khaybar, there are at least three historical references that flatly contradict any notion of self-defense on the part of Muhammad. The first is a description of the initial attack by Ibn Ishaq/Hisham:
We met the workers of Khaybar coming out in the morning with their spades and baskets. When they saw the apostle and the army they cried, “Muhammad with his force,” and turned tail and fled… The apostle seized the property piece by piece… (Ibn Ishaq/Hisham 757)
The people of Khaybar were not attacking Muhammad. They were farming their land with shovels and buckets, not even knowing that they were supposed to be at war:
When the apostle raided a people he waited until the morning. If he heard a call to prayer he held back; if he did not hear it he attacked. We came to Khaybar by night, and the apostle passed the night there; and when morning came he did not hear the call to prayer, so he rode and we rode with him. (Ibn Ishaq/Hisham 757)
Muhammad attacked only after waiting to see if the people of Khaybar issued a morning call to prayer. This would have no possible relevance had they already been at war with him.

Perhaps the best proof that Muhammad was not acting in self-defense is the fact that his own people did not understand why they were marching to war. His son-in-law, who was in charge of the military expedition, had to ask for justification:
Allah's Messenger called Ali [and said]: “Proceed on and do not look about until Allah grants you victory,” and Ali went a bit and then halted and did not look about and then said in a loud voice: “Allah's Messenger, on what issue should I fight with the people?” Thereupon he (the Prophet) said: ”Fight with them until they bear testimony to the fact that there is no god but Allah and Muhammad is his Messenger…” (Sahih Muslim 5917)
The question Ali posed would have been unnecessary had the Muslims been under attack by the Khaybar or if the answer to the question were obvious. As it is, Muhammad’s reply underscores the ostensible purpose of the campaign, which was to force the Jews into acknowledging the superiority of Islam.

Muhammad’s men easily captured Khaybar and divided up the loot. The prophet of Islam tortured the community’s treasurer to extract information, then had him killed (Ibn Ishaq/Hisham 764). Muhammad then took the man’s widow, Saffiya, as his wife after trading two other captured women to one of his lieutenants (Ibn Ishaq/Hisham 758). The surviving Jews were allowed to stay on their land provided that they gave their Muslim masters half of their crops. They were eventually altogether for their faith:
"Allah's Messenger said, 'Two deens [religion] shall not co-exist in the Arabian Peninsula,' and he therefore expelled the Jews from Khaybar." (Malik 45:18)
The rule of aggression in Islam is thus proportionate to the power held by Muslims, and not the persecution that they are under. The rare verses of peace in the Qur'an were "revealed" in Mecca, when true oppression existed (in some cases). The verses of violence that are revealed later correspond to Muslim military might even as any persecution of Muslims had largely dried up.

Myth: Muhammad only Waged War in Self-Defense (Khaybar)

Old 07-28-2016, 10:30 AM

1,601 posts, read 751,713 times
Quote:

The ethical rule in the Qur'an is, do not kill anyone unless anyone is going to kill you. Otherwise, I would be a sitting duck for a kafir about to kill me.
Killings ordered by Muhammed........

No. Name Date Reason(s) for Ordering or Supporting Killing Result Notable Primary Sources

1 'Asma' bint Marwan January 624[2] Kill 'Asma' bint Marwan for opposing Muhammad with poetry and for provoking others to attack him[3][4][2]
Asma' bint Marwan assassinated[2][5]

Ibn Hisham & Ibn Ishaq, Sirat Rasul Allah[6]
Ibn Sa'd, Kitab al-tabaqat al-kabir, Volume 2[3]
2 Abu 'Afak February 624[7] Kill the Jewish poet Abu Afak for opposing Muhammad through poetry[4][6][7][8]
Abu Afak assassinated[7][6][4]

Ibn Hisham & Ibn Ishaq, Sirat Rasul Allah[9]
Ibn Sa'd, Kitab al-tabaqat al-kabir, Volume 2[10]
3 Al Nadr ibn al-Harith After Battle of Badr
March 624[11] According to Mubarakpuri, Al Nadir was captured during the Battle of Badr. A Qur'an verse was revealed ordering the execution of Nadr bin Harith, he was one of two prisoners who were executed and not allowed to be ransomed by their clans because he mocked and harassed Muhammad and wrote poems and stories criticizing him[11][12]
Nadr bin Harith beheaded by Ali[11][12]

Qur'an 83:13[13]
Ibn Hisham & Ibn Ishaq, Sirat Rasul Allah[13]
4 Uqba bin Abu Muayt After Battle of Badr
March 624[11] Uqba bin Abu Muayt was captured in the Battle of Badr and was killed instead of being ransomed, because he threw dead animal entrails on Muhammad, and wrapped his garmet around Muhammad's neck while he was praying[11][12]
Uqba bin Abu Muayt beheaded by Asim ibn Thabbit or Ali[11][12]

Sunan Abu Dawud no. 2680 (with commentary from Awnul Mabud 3/12)[14]
Sahih Bukhari 1:9:499
Ibn Hisham & Ibn Ishaq, Sirat Rasul Allah[15]
Tabari, Volume 9, The last years of the Prophet[16]
5 Ka'b ibn al-Ashraf September 624[17][18][19] According to Ibn Ishaq, Muhammad ordered his followers to kill Ka'b because he "had gone to Mecca after Badr and inveighed against Muhammad. He also composed verses in which he bewailed the victims of Quraysh who had been killed at Badr. Shortly afterwards he returned to Medina and composed amatory verses of an insulting nature about the Muslim women".[20][21]
Ka'b ibn al-Ashraf assassinated[21]

Sahih Bukhari 5:59:369, Sahih Muslim 19:4436
6 Abu Rafi' ibn Abi Al-Huqaiq December 624[22] Kill Abu Rafi' ibn Abi Al-Huqaiq for mocking Muhammad with his poetry and for helping the troops of the Confederates by providing them with money and supplies[23][22]
Abu Rafi assassinated[23][22]

Sahih Bukhari 4:52:264, Sahih Bukhari 5:59:370, Sahih Bukhari 5:59:371, Sahih Bukhari 5:59:372 and more[24]
Ibn Hisham & Ibn Ishaq, Sirat Rasul Allah[25]
Tabari, Volume 7, The foundation of the community[26]
7 Khalid ibn Sufyan 625[27] Kill Khalid bin Sufyan, because there were reports he considered an attack on Medina and that he was inciting the people on Nakhla or Uranah to fight Muslims[27][28]
Khalid ibn Sufyan assassinated[27][28]

Musnad Ahmad 3:496[29]
Abu Dawud, book 2 no.1244[30]
Ibn Hisham, Sirat Rasul Allah[27]
Tabari, Volume 9, The last years of the Prophet[31][32]
8 Abu 'Azzah 'Amr bin 'Abd Allah al-Jumahi March 625[33] Behead Abu 'Azzah 'Amr bin 'Abd Allah al-Jumahi because he was a prisoner of War captured during the Invasion of Hamra al-Asad, that Muhammad released once, but he took up arms against him again[34][35]
Abu 'Azzah beheaded by Ali[34][35]

Tabari, Volume 7, The foundation of the community[35]
9 Muawiyah bin Al Mugheerah March 625[33] Kill Muawiyah bin Al Mugheerah, because he was accused by Muhammad of being a spy. He went to Uthman (his cousin) for shelter, and Uthman arranged for his return to Mecca, but he stayed too long in Medina. After Muhammad heard he was still in Medina, he ordered his death[34][36]
Muawiyah bin Al Mugheerah captured and executed[34][37]

Ibn Hisham & Ibn Ishaq, Sirat Rasul Allah[37]
10 Al-Harith bin Suwayd al-Ansari March 625[33] Kill Al-Harith bin Suwayd[38] because according to some Islamic traditions, Allah revealed Qur'an 3:86-8, which indicated that those who reject Islam after accepting it should be punished.[39] Al-Harith bin Suwayd was a Muslim who fought in the Battle of Uhud and killed some Muslims, he then joined the Quraysh and left Islam. After being threatened with those verses, Al-Harith sent his brother to Muhammad to ask for his forgiveness.[37][40][41]
Conflicting reports

Muhammad allowed his return but then decided to kill him. Al-Harith was beheaded by Uthman[37][40]
Allah revealed Qur'an 3:89 and Al-Harith repented and "became a good Muslim"[41][39]
Qur'an 3:86-88[40][39]
Ibn Hisham & Ibn Ishaq, Sirat Rasul Allah[37]
11 Abu Sufyan 627[42] Amr bin Umayyah al-Damri sent to assassinate Abu Sufyan (Quraysh leader)[43][43]
3 polytheists killed by Muslims[43]

Tabari, Volume 7, The foundation of the community[44]
12 Banu Qurayza tribe February–March 627[45]
Attack Banu Qurayza because according to Muslim tradition he had been ordered to do so by the angel Gabriel.[46][47][48][49][50][51] One of Muhammad's companions decided that "the men should be killed, the property divided, and the women and children taken as captives". Muhammad approved of the ruling, calling it similar to God's judgment,[49][50][52][53][54] after which all male members of the tribe who had reached puberty were beheaded[47][55]

Muslims: 2 killed[46]
Non-Muslims:

600-900 beheaded (Tabari, Ibn Hisham)
[46][47][56]
All Males and 1 woman beheaded
(Hadith)[57][58]
Qur'an 33:26,[47] Qur'an 33:09 & 33:10[59][60]
Abu Dawud 38:4390
Sahih Bukhari 4:52:68, Sahih Bukhari 4:57:66 and more
Tabari, Volume 8, Victory of Islam[61]
13 Abdullah ibn Ubayy December 627[42]
(during Invasion of Banu Mustaliq[62] ) Kill Abdullah ibn Ubayy, who was accused by Muhammad of slandering his family by spreading false rumors about Aisha (his wife).[63] His son offered to behead him[64][65]
Muhammad calls off assassination and says to Umar "if I had had him (Abdullah bin Ubai) killed, a large number of dignitaries would have furiously hastened to fight for him"[66] Later he reveals a Quran verse forbidding Muslims from attending the funeral of disbelievers and "hypocrites"[67][68]

Sahih Bukhari 5:59:462, Sahih Bukhari 5:59:462
Ibn Hisham, Sirat Rasul Allah[66]
14 Al-Yusayr ibn Rizam February 628[42] Kill Al-Yusayr ibn Rizam because Muhammad heard that his group was preparing to attack him[69][70]
30 killed by Muslims[69][70]

Tirmidhi no. 3923[71]
Ibn Hisham & Ibn Ishaq, Sirat Rasul Allah[72]
15 Eight men from 'Ukil February 628[42] Kill 8 men who came to him and converted to Islam, but then apostatized, killed one Muslim and drove off with Muhammad's camels[73]
Muslims: 1 killed
Non-Muslims: 8 tortured to death[73][74]

Qur'an 5:33-39[73][75]
Sahih Bukhari 1:4:234, Sahih Bukhari 5:59:505, Sahih Bukhari 7:71:623 and more
16 Rifa’ah bin Qays 629[76][77] To kill Rifa’ah bin Qays, because Muhammad heard they were allegedly enticing the people of Qais to fight him[77]
1 beheaded,[78] 4 women captured by Muslims[79]

Ibn Hisham & Ibn Ishaq, Sirat Rasul Allah[78]
Tabari, Volume 8, History of Islam[79]
17 Abdullah bin Khatal During/after Conquest of Mecca
(Jan 630)[80][81][82] Kill Abdullah bin Khatal for killing a slave and fleeing, as well and for reciting poems insulting Muhammad[80][81][82]
2 Muslims execute him, after finding him hiding under the curtains of the Ka'aba[80][81][82]

Sahih Bukhari 5:59:582, Sahih Bukhari 3:29:72
Ibn Hisham & Ibn Ishaq, Sirat Rasul Allah[83]
Ibn Sa'd, Kitab al-tabaqat al-kabir, Volume 2[84]
18 Fartana During/after Conquest of Mecca
(Jan 630)[80][85] Kill Fartana (a slave girl of Abdullah ibn Khatal), because she used to recite poems insulting Muhammad[80][82]
Fartana is killed[80][82][85]

Abu Dawud 14:2678
Ibn Hisham & Ibn Ishaq, Sirat Rasul Allah[86]
19 Quraybah During/after Conquest of Mecca
(Jan 630)[80] Kill Quraybah (a slave girl of Abdullah ibn Khatal), because she used to recite poems insulting Muhammad[80]
Quraybah converts to Islam and is pardoned[80][84]

Abu Dawud 14:2678
20 Huwayrith ibn Nafidh During/after Conquest of Mecca
(Jan 630)[80] When Muhammad's daughters were fleeing Medina, he stabbed their camels, causing injuries. He was a poet who "disgraced and abused" Islam[80][82][87]
Huwayrith ibn Nafidh killed[82][87] by Ali[80]

21 Miqyas ibn Subabah During/after Conquest of Mecca
(Jan 630)[80] Miqyas killed a Muslim who accidentally killed his brother, and escaped to Mecca and became an apostate by embracing polytheism[80][82][83][87]
Miqyas killed[80][82][87]

22 Sarah During/after Conquest of Mecca
(Jan 630)[80] Kill Sarah, because Muhammad claimed that she used to molest him while he was in Mecca[80][83]
Conflicting reports:

Ibn Ishaq reports that she embraced Islam but was killed later, during the time of Umar[83]
Tabari reports she was killed[88]
Tabari, Volume 8, History of Islam[88]
23 Harith ibn Hisham During/after Conquest of Mecca
(Jan 630)[80] Kill Harith ibn Hisham, reason unknown[80][83]
According to Ibn Sa'd, Zubayr ibn Abi Umayyah and Harith ibn Hisham both sought refuge in a Muslim relatives house, the relative pleaded with Muhammad for mercy, so he pardoned them on the condition they embrace Islam[80][89]

Ibn Sa'd, Kitab al-tabaqat al-kabir, Volume 2[89]
24 Zubayr ibn Abi Umayyah During/after Conquest of Mecca
(Jan 630)[80] Kill Zubayr ibn Abi Umayyah, reason unknown[80][83]
See above result[80][83]

25 Habbar Ibn al-Aswad bin Ka`b al-`Ansi During/after Conquest of Mecca
(Jan 630)[80] Kill Habbar ibn al-Aswad because he was a "liar",[90][91] he claimed he was a Prophet[90]
Habbar ibn al-Aswad killed[90][91]

Sahih Bukhari 5:59:662, Sahih Bukhari 4:56:817
Tabari, Volume 9, The last years of the Prophet[90]
Ibn Sa'd, Kitab al-tabaqat al-kabir, Volume 2[92]
26 Ikrimah ibn Abu Jahl During/after Conquest of Mecca
(Jan 630)[80] Kill Ikrimah ibn Abu Jahl, bcause he was hostile to Muhammad like his father Abu Jahl[80][83]
Conflicting reports

Ibn Ishaq says, his wife "became a Muslim and asked for immunity for him and the apostle gave it"[83]
Tabari says he was "eliminated"[93]
Tabari, Volume 8, History of Islam[93]
27 Wahshi ibn Harb During/after Conquest of Mecca
(Jan 630)[80] Kill Wahshi ibn Harb, for killing Muhammad's uncle during the Battle of Uhud[80]
Wahshi ibn Harb pardoned by Muhammad after he asks for forgiveness and offers to convert to Islam[80][94]

Ibn Sa'd, Kitab al-tabaqat al-kabir, Volume 2[94]
28 Ka'b ibn Zuhayr ibn Abi Sulama During/after Conquest of Mecca
(Jan 630)[80] Assassinate Ka'b ibn Zuhayr ibn Abi Sulama for writing satirical poems about Muhammad[80][95][96][97]
Ibn Ishaq wrote that Muhammad said "Leave him alone, he has become a repentant Muslim after the disposal of his past.", so he was pardoned[96][97]

Ibn Hisham & Ibn Ishaq, Sirat Rasul Allah[97]
29 Al-Harith bin al-Talatil During/after Conquest of Mecca
(Jan 630)[80] For mocking Muhammad through poetry[80]
Al-Harith bin al-Talatil is killed by Ali[80][98]

Ibn Hisham & Ibn Ishaq, Sirat Rasul Allah[98]
30 Abdullah ibn Zib'ari During/after Conquest of Mecca
(Jan 630)[80] Kill Abdullah ibn Zib'ari, for writing insulting poems about Muhammad[80]
Abdullah ibn Zib'ari repents and converts to Islam, so Muhammad pardoned him[80]

Ibn Hisham & Ibn Ishaq, Sirat Rasul Allah
31 Hubayrah During/after Conquest of Mecca
(Jan 630)[80] Kill Hubayrah, for mocking Muhammad through poetry[80]
Tabari Volume 39 states, Hubayrah "ran away when Mecca was conquered, and died in Najran as an infidel"[80]

Tabari, Volume 39, Biographies of the Prophet's companions and their successors[99]
32 Hind bint Utbah During/after Conquest of Mecca
(Jan 630)[80] Kill Hind bint Utbah (wife of Abu Sufyan) for cutting out the heart of Muhammad's uncle Hamza after he died, during the Battle of Uhud[80]
Tabari said, Hind "swore allegiance and became a Muslim.",[100] she was pardoned by Muhammad[80]

Abu Dawud 33:4153
Tabari, Volume 8, History of Islam[100]
33 Amr ibn Jihash (convert to Islam)[101] During the Invasion of Banu Nadir[101]
(Aug 625)[102] According to Ibn Kathir and Ibn Ishaq, Muhammad said to Yamin bim Umayr, about Amr ibn Jash "Have you seen the way your cousin has treated me and what he proposed to do?"[103][101] Muhammad accused him of trying to assassinate him[104]
Amr ibn Jihash is assassinated after a Muslim offers a reward for his killing[101]

Ibn Hisham & Ibn Ishaq, Sirat Rasul Allah[103]
34 King or Prince of Dumatul Jandal October 630[105] Attack the chief of Duma for Jizyah and booty[106][107]
1 killed, 2 taken captive[108]

Abu Dawud 19:3031
Ibn Sa'd, Kitab al-tabaqat al-kabir, Volume 2[109]
Tabari, Volume 9, The last years of the Prophet[106]
35 Umaiya bin Khalaf Abi Safwan Unknown Kill Umaiya bin Khalaf, Muhammad's reason is unknown.[110] But Bilal wanted to kill him for torturing him[111]
Umaiya bin Khalaf killed by Bilal[110][111]

Sahih Bukhari 4:56:826
36 Blind man's wife/concubine Unknown Muhammad supported this killing because the women insulted him[112][113]
Blind Muslim kills his wife/concubine[112][113]

Abu Dawud 38:4348
Sunan al-Nasai no. 4081
37 Ibn Sunayna Unknown Muhammad reportedly ordered his followers to "kill any Jew that falls into your power", Muhayissa heard this and went out to kill Ibn Sunayna (a Jew)[114][115]
Ibn Sunayna killed by Muhayissa[114][115]

Abu Dawud 19:2996
Ibn Hisham & Ibn Ishaq, Sirat Rasul Allah[116]
38 Abdullah ibn Sa‘ad Unknown Kill Abdullah ibn Sa‘ad, because he became and apostate (left Islam) and fled to Mecca. He also claimed that he was the one who wrote the Qur'an and started to mock Muhammad, which made him angry[117]
A misunderstanding leads to his pardoning. Abdullah ibn Sa‘ad was brought in front of Muhammad and offered his loyalty, Muhammad upheld his hand to indicate that his followers should kill him, but the Muslims thought he pardoned him.[117] He said "Was not there a wise man among you who would stand up to him when he saw that I had withheld my hand from accepting his allegiance, and kill him?"[118]

Abu Dawud 38:4346
39 Ibn an-Nawwahah Unknown According to Ibn Kathir, Muhammad once said about Ibn an-Nawwahah "I would have cut off your head, if it was not that emissaries are not killed" because he claimed Musaylimah was a Prophet, so Abdullah ibn Masud killed Ibn an-Nawwahah when he was no longer an emissary[119][120]
Abdullah ibn Masud beheads Ibn an-Nawwahah[119][120]

Abu Dawud 14:2756
Tabari, Volume 10, Conquest of Arabia[121]
40 Blind Jew Unknown Muhammad's followers kill a blind Jew for throwing dust at his face[122][123]
Blind Jew killed by Sa'd ibn Zayd[122][123]

Ibn Hisham & Ibn Ishaq, Sirat Rasul Allah[124]
Tabari, Volume 7, The foundation of the community[123]
41 Nameless spy Unknown Kill a man Muhammad suspected of being a spy[125][126]
Salama bin Al-Akwa chases and kills the suspected spy[125][126]

Sahih Bukhari 4:52:286
42 Man from Aslam tribe Unknown Kill a man from the Aslam tribe for Adultery[127][128]
Man from Aslam tribe stoned to death[127][128]

Abu Dawud 38:4414
43 Kinana ibn al-Rabi July 628[129] Torture Kinana ibn al-Rabi to find location of allegedly hidden treasure[130][131]
Kinana ibn al-Rabi beheaded[130][131]

Ibn Hisham & Ibn Ishaq, Sirat Rasul Allah[132]

https://wikiislam.net/wiki/List_of_K...ed_by_Muhammad
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or