U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-14-2016, 02:31 PM
 
Location: Logan Township, Minnesota
15,511 posts, read 13,286,660 times
Reputation: 7407

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by juju33312 View Post
Short Biography of Ibn al Qayyim al Jawziyya - IslamiCity

Bukhari Volume 3, Book 34, Number 351:
Narrated Jabir bin Abdullah:

A man decided that a slave of his would be manumitted after his death and later on he was in need of money, so the Prophet took the slave and said, "Who will buy this slave from me?" Nu'aim bin 'Abdullah bought him for such and such price and the Prophet gave him the slave.

"Then the apostle sent Sa-d b. Zayd al-Ansari, brother of Abdu'l-Ashal with some of the captive women of Banu Qurayza to Najd and he sold them for horses and weapons." (Ibn Ishaq/Hisham/Hisham 693)

Bukhari (62:137) - Gives an account of women taken as slaves in battle by Muhammad's men after their husbands and fathers were killed. The woman were raped with Muhammad's approval.

The apostle gave Ali a girl called Rayta; and he gave Uthman a girl called Zaynab; and he gave Umar a girl whom Umar gave to his son Abdullah. (Ibn Ishaq/Hisham 878)
Captive women were passed out like party favors.

Bukhari Volume 3, Book 47, Number 765:
Narrated Kurib:

the freed slave of Ibn 'Abbas, that Maimuna bint Al-Harith told him that she manumitted a slave-girl without taking the permission of the Prophet. On the day when it was her turn to be with the Prophet, she said, "Do you know, O Allah's Apostle, that I have manumitted my slave-girl?" He said, "Have you really?" She replied in the affirmative. He said, "You would have got more reward if you had given her (i.e. the slave-girl) to one of your maternal uncles."

Bukhari Volume 3, Book 34, Number 431:
Narrated Anas:

Amongst the captives was Safiya. First she was given to Dihya Al-Kalbi and then to the Prophet.

Bukhari Volume 3, Book 34, Number 432:
Narrated Abu Said Al-Khudri:

that while he was sitting with Allah's Apostle he said, "O Allah's Apostle! We get female captives as our share of booty, and we are interested in their prices, what is your opinion about coitus interruptus?" The Prophet said, "Do you really do that? It is better for you not to do coitus interruptus. A soul that which Allah has destined to exist will surely come into existence.

Muhammed let his men rape women and told them it did not matter if they ejaculated into them before selling them.
I do not even know where to begin. there are considerable misconceptions given there.

About the men being hesitent to have sex with the women while their husbands were alive had nothing to do with raping theng them in front of their husbands. the issue was if they could marry them while the husbands were still alive as they were still married to their husbands. Permission was granted for them to marry the women, as the marriage they had was not a valid marriage and therefore they did not have to divorce their husbands.

Nothing about rape or having sex in front of their husbands.
__________________
When posting as a MOD my posts will be in red

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks


MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-14-2016, 10:49 PM
 
Location: Not-a-Theist
3,440 posts, read 1,584,535 times
Reputation: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
I do not even know where to begin. there are considerable misconceptions given there.

About the men being hesitent to have sex with the women while their husbands were alive had nothing to do with raping theng them in front of their husbands. the issue was if they could marry them while the husbands were still alive as they were still married to their husbands. Permission was granted for them to marry the women, as the marriage they had was not a valid marriage and therefore they did not have to divorce their husbands.

Nothing about rape or having sex in front of their husbands.
Point is there are many forms of what constitute "rape".

Rape in the commonly understood form is where a certain degree of force [physical or otherwise] is used to fulfil one's uncontrollable sexual lusts.
Rape is a type of sexual assault usually involving sexual intercourse or other forms of sexual penetration perpetrated against a person without that person's consent. The act may be carried out by physical force, coercion, abuse of authority or against a person who is incapable of giving valid consent, such as one who is unconscious, incapacitated, has an intellectual disability or below the legal age of consent.[1][2][3] The term rape is sometimes used interchangeably with the term sexual assault. -wiki

Note the term 'statutory rape'.
Why is such a term 'rape' accepted in this phrase so universally.

In the above case, it is not a question of the women were not legally married.

What is fact are as follows;
1. War by itself in immoral.
2. The women were prisoners of war.
3. The men were beastly with uncontrollable sexual lusts.
4. The women did not consent to be married.
5. Permission by Muhammad were given for them to be married.
6. Therefore there were elements of what constitute 'rape' i.e.
  • coercion,
  • abuse of authority or
  • against a person who is incapable of giving valid consent,

The application of the term 'rape' is not a misconception in the above case, but necessary to convey the seriousness of the disregard for the basic human right of those women or any human being.

The problem with religiosity is believers are so blinded by the default confirmation bias that they will deliberately or unconsciously deny all faults that are related to their religion because to accept the faults will make them into a religious psychological crisis and be psychotic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-15-2016, 12:27 AM
 
Location: Not-a-Theist
3,440 posts, read 1,584,535 times
Reputation: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
The problem with religiosity is believers are so blinded by the default confirmation bias that they will deliberately or unconsciously deny all faults that are related to their religion because to accept the faults will make them into a religious psychological crisis and be psychotic.
Note this post to support the above point re Religious Trauma Syndrome of a believer who try to give up religion and was fortunately successful.
Quote:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/43533469-post5.html

It took me about two years to recover from religion. I ended up in the hospital with panic disorder and I had thoughts of suicide. Two years of counseling and self-guided Cognitive Behavioral Therapy were required.

I had been told my whole life that I was a terrible person who deserved eternal torture, and that only a cosmic human sacrifice could save me.

I'm not sure if I had "RTS" but I sure had what is known as Panic Disorder with Agoraphobia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-15-2016, 08:26 AM
 
352 posts, read 308,370 times
Reputation: 54
Bismillaah ir Rahmaan ir Rahiim. As salaamu alaykum.



There is competition of sort outstripping evil, before ones term ends. One must be fast enough to reach the goal of plentiful good, before evil overtakes you. This calls for fast thinking, as the demons constantly pursue and attack believers, to sidetrack them towards the worlds of darkness. This is no joke, as they are constantly in my affairs, trying to change my life to follow the foolishness that they all love. Much of what they love is injurious to believers, but gives demons great joy. Although they watch us from where we cannot see them, I've caught glimpses of them from time to time. One such demon, I saw wrestling with my sprained finger as if it were a bull, trying cause permanent damage to the already torn ligaments. As if that is not enough to cause distraction, I would wonder what alternative you (continuum) suggest to replace "true" religion? As this is the main hatred of the demons, or so it seems.

As for giving donations with fear. I worry that what I give might be usurious. Usury is an enormous problem in today's world. It has caused most of the present world to live in poverty. When will usury be curtailed? It is no more than deprivation.



Quote:
In my discussions with Woodrow and Khalif, they have insisted there is no such thing as Muslims competing and winning a race.
Whilst they may not feel themselves in winning in a race, the point is Allah exhort Muslims to compete and win in a race to reap greater rewards in Paradise.

There are many verses in the Quran that support this point, i.e. Muslims to Compete to Win in a Race;
23:61. These [proto -Muslims] race [yusāriʿūna يُسَارِعُونَ س ر ع -hasten, strive with one another] for the good things, and they shall win them in the race [sābiqūna سَابِقُونَ س ب ق -foremost].-- Continuum

Quote:
23:60 exhort Muslims to give [donate to charity] or that [whatever] under a state of fear re Paradise.
23:61 exhort Muslims to race [hasten] and compete in doing good things,
23:62 to the best of their ability.

The point is Muslims are exhorted to race and compete to do 'good' things.
What is 'good' to Muslims from Islam perspective is complying with whatever Allah ordained in the Quran and no where else.
If Allah stated "Do X", then X is a good thing and a Muslims must 'do X' to qualify as a good Muslim.

In 23:60 Muslims refer to donations in a state of fear. 23:61 exhort Muslims to compete, i.e. compete to donate to the best of their ability [23:62].
When Muslims compete to donate during Muhammad's time, who do you think where all the money will go to? -- Continuum

Last edited by devotee; 05-15-2016 at 08:53 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-15-2016, 01:12 PM
 
1,601 posts, read 751,951 times
Reputation: 435
Quote:
Originally Posted by devotee View Post
Bismillaah ir Rahmaan ir Rahiim. As salaamu alaykum.



There is competition of sort outstripping evil, before ones term ends. One must be fast enough to reach the goal of plentiful good, before evil overtakes you. This calls for fast thinking, as the demons constantly pursue and attack believers, to sidetrack them towards the worlds of darkness. This is no joke, as they are constantly in my affairs, trying to change my life to follow the foolishness that they all love. Much of what they love is injurious to believers, but gives demons great joy. Although they watch us from where we cannot see them, I've caught glimpses of them from time to time. One such demon, I saw wrestling with my sprained finger as if it were a bull, trying cause permanent damage to the already torn ligaments. As if that is not enough to cause distraction, I would wonder what alternative you (continuum) suggest to replace "true" religion? As this is the main hatred of the demons, or so it seems.

As for giving donations with fear. I worry that what I give might be usurious. Usury is an enormous problem in today's world. It has caused most of the present world to live in poverty. When will usury be curtailed? It is no more than deprivation.
I would love to see a photo of that demon fighting with your finger!! That would be really cool!! I bet you took some photos....could you post them?

There's this guy, James Randi, who offers a 1 million dollar reward for any evidence of the paranormal. That reward has been up for grabs for DECADES and so far, no paranormal events! Maybe you could claim it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-15-2016, 01:27 PM
 
1,601 posts, read 751,951 times
Reputation: 435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
I do not even know where to begin. there are considerable misconceptions given there.
Maybe begin with the link I provided about Qayyim al Jawziyya. You said:
"For beginners, what makes you believe Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyya is a reknowned scholar. His qualifications are not much different from those of most scholars. Being a Human who was born nearly 700 years after the Death of Muhammad(saws0 his sources of information are the sme as those used by numerous other scholars. As he was a Sufi, I believe he probably was a very quiet and peaceful individual and I do like his peaceful views of Islam. However, I do not find anything that distinguishes him as being an expert on the life of Muhammad(saws0 and he is no more accurate that the sum of his sources, which do contain errors."

Did you bother to read the article?

Sham Al-din Muhammad Ibn Abi Bakr, Ibn al-Qayyim al-Jawziyya. He was born in a small farming village near Damascus, Syria in 691 A.H./1292 C.E, and he studied under his father who was the local attendant (qayyim) of al-Jawziyya school. Later on, he pursued his quest for knowledge at the hands of renowned masters and scholars of his epoch, as well as he studied the works and teachings of sufi masters known in his time. His schooling centered around Islamic jurisprudence, theology, and the science of prophetic traditions.

In the year 712/ 1312 at the age of 21 he joined the study circle of Imam Ibn Taimiyyah who kept him in his company as his closest student and disciple, who later on became his successor.

Ibn al-Qayyim was fervent in his devotion to his teacher, and he was an excellent student and disciple of the great Muslim scholar Imam Taqiyyu-Deen Ahmad Ibn Taimiyyah. He defended his religious opinions and approaches, and he compiled and edited most of his works, and taught the same.


Because of their perception and opinions, both the teacher and the student were unjustly persecuted, tortured, and humiliated in public by the local authorities then, and they were imprisoned in a single cell, while other disciples were kept separate in the central prison of Damascus, still known to-date as al-Qal’a. Among the imprisoned scholars, there also was a young man named Ibn Kathir who later on became as the most renowned Muslim scholar and compiler of the most comprehensive Quranic commentaries ‘Tafsir Ibn Kathir.’

Upon the death of Imam Ibn Taimiyyah, the disciples were set free from prison, and Imam Ibn al-Qayyim al-Jawziyya furthered his studies, and held study circles and classes for his own students. Ibn Jawziyya taught Islamic Jurisprudence at al-Sadriyya school, in Damascus, before he held the position of the Imam of the Jawziyya school for a long period. Most of his writings were compilations, although he authored several books himself, and manuscripts with his own handwriting are preserved today in the central Library of Damascus.

In fact, it was considered an honor and a privilege to study in his circle. Among the renowned Muslim scholars who studied under him, we mention Ibn ‘Abd al-Hadi and Ibn Rajab and others who oft-frequented his circles, and sought his company, such as Imam Ibn Kathir.

Most scholars of the time have acknowledged the author’s excellence, and profound knowledge of Quranic interpretation, commentaries on the prophetic traditions, and theology. His extensive knowledge and understanding of Quranic commentaries surpassed even some renowned theologians in Islamic history.


Ibn Kathir spoke of him in his book ‘Al-Bidaya wa-‘Nihaya, saying: “He was most friendly and kindhearted, he never envied anyone, he never caused harm to anyone, he never bore prejudice against anyone, and I was the closest to his heart. Furthermore, I do not know anyone who is more devout in his worship than him in our time.” A similar opinion also was quoted by Ibn Hijr.

Ibn al-Qayyim catered to all the branches of Islamic science, and was particularly known and commended for his commentaries. Al-Hafiz Ibn Rajab spoke of his teacher, saying: “He was an accomplished scholar of Islamic science, and no one could rival him in his deep understanding of the Qur’an and prophetic saying, and his interpretations were unique in accuracy.”

Ibn Rajab narrated that his teacher Imam Ibn al-Qayyim al-Jawziyya learned the science of prophetic sayings (Hadith) from al-Shahab al-Nabulsi, Qadhi Taqiyyu-Deen Sulaiman, and Fatima Bint Jawhar, among others. During his early student life, Imam Ibn al-Qayyim sought the company of most shaikhs of his period, and he was particularly proficient in interpreting the Hanbali Muslim school of thoughts.

His Spiritual Life

Imam Ibn al-Qayyim al-Jawziyya was an avid and a resolute worshipper. He devoted long hours to his supererogatory nightly prayers, he was in a constant state of remembrance (zikr), and he was known for his extended prostrations. One could see on his face the clear expressions of piety, and constant solicitation of God’s bounty and favors.

During Ibn al-Qayyim al-Jawziyya’s imprisonment in al-Qal’a prison in Damascus, he was constantly reading the Qur’an, and studying its meanings. Ibn Rajab noted that during that period of seclusion, he gained extensive spiritual success, as well as he developed a great analytical wisdom, knowledge, and understanding of the prophetic traditions.

Upon his release, he performed the pilgrimage to Mecca several times, and sometimes he stayed in Mecca for a prolonged period of devotion and circumambulation of the holy Ka’aba.

His Works

Al-Nu’man al-Alsi al-Baghdadi once said: “His interpretations are unique in accuracy.” The renowned Muslim scholar al-Thahabi once said about him: “He gave great attention to details and references of the prophetic traditions.” Furthermore, Shaikh Burhan al-Deen al-Zari’ spoke of him saying: “No one is as cognizant as Ibn al-Qayyim was in his time.”

Ibn al-Qayyim al-Jawziyya’s contributions to the Islamic library are extensive, and they particularly deal with the Qur’anic commentaries, and understanding and analysis of the prophetic traditions (fiqh-u Sunnah).

He compiled a large number of studies besides his own books, including:

1- Tahthib Sunan Abi Dawoud (Emendation of Sunan Abi Dawoud); 2- Al-Kalam al-Tayyib wa-al-‘Amal al-Salih (The Essence of Good Words and Deeds); 3- Commentaries on the book of Shaikh ‘Abdullah al-Ansari: Manazil-u Sa’ireen (Stations of the Seekers), which is considered the epitome of knowledge of sufi books; and, Zad al-Ma’ad (Provisions of the Hereafter), from which this book on the Medicine of the Prophet is extracted, besides other manuscripts copied with his own handwriting, and which are preserved in the Central Library in Damascus, Syria.

Ibn al Qayyim al Jawziyya died in the city of Damascus the year 751 AH/1350 C.E., when he was scarcely 60 years old, and was buried at the cemetery of Bab al Saghir, near the grave of his father – Rahimahuma Allah
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-15-2016, 01:43 PM
 
Location: Logan Township, Minnesota
15,511 posts, read 13,286,660 times
Reputation: 7407
Quote:
Originally Posted by juju33312 View Post
Maybe begin with the link I provided about Qayyim al Jawziyya. You said:
"For beginners, what makes you believe Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyya is a reknowned scholar. His qualifications are not much different from those of most scholars. Being a Human who was born nearly 700 years after the Death of Muhammad(saws0 his sources of information are the sme as those used by numerous other scholars. As he was a Sufi, I believe he probably was a very quiet and peaceful individual and I do like his peaceful views of Islam. However, I do not find anything that distinguishes him as being an expert on the life of Muhammad(saws0 and he is no more accurate that the sum of his sources, which do contain errors."

Did you bother to read the article?

Sham Al-din Muhammad Ibn Abi Bakr, Ibn al-Qayyim al-Jawziyya. He was born in a small farming village near Damascus, Syria in 691 A.H./1292 C.E, and he studied under his father who was the local attendant (qayyim) of al-Jawziyya school. Later on, he pursued his quest for knowledge at the hands of renowned masters and scholars of his epoch, as well as he studied the works and teachings of sufi masters known in his time. His schooling centered around Islamic jurisprudence, theology, and the science of prophetic traditions.

In the year 712/ 1312 at the age of 21 he joined the study circle of Imam Ibn Taimiyyah who kept him in his company as his closest student and disciple, who later on became his successor.

Ibn al-Qayyim was fervent in his devotion to his teacher, and he was an excellent student and disciple of the great Muslim scholar Imam Taqiyyu-Deen Ahmad Ibn Taimiyyah. He defended his religious opinions and approaches, and he compiled and edited most of his works, and taught the same.


Because of their perception and opinions, both the teacher and the student were unjustly persecuted, tortured, and humiliated in public by the local authorities then, and they were imprisoned in a single cell, while other disciples were kept separate in the central prison of Damascus, still known to-date as al-Qal’a. Among the imprisoned scholars, there also was a young man named Ibn Kathir who later on became as the most renowned Muslim scholar and compiler of the most comprehensive Quranic commentaries ‘Tafsir Ibn Kathir.’

Upon the death of Imam Ibn Taimiyyah, the disciples were set free from prison, and Imam Ibn al-Qayyim al-Jawziyya furthered his studies, and held study circles and classes for his own students. Ibn Jawziyya taught Islamic Jurisprudence at al-Sadriyya school, in Damascus, before he held the position of the Imam of the Jawziyya school for a long period. Most of his writings were compilations, although he authored several books himself, and manuscripts with his own handwriting are preserved today in the central Library of Damascus.

In fact, it was considered an honor and a privilege to study in his circle. Among the renowned Muslim scholars who studied under him, we mention Ibn ‘Abd al-Hadi and Ibn Rajab and others who oft-frequented his circles, and sought his company, such as Imam Ibn Kathir.

Most scholars of the time have acknowledged the author’s excellence, and profound knowledge of Quranic interpretation, commentaries on the prophetic traditions, and theology. His extensive knowledge and understanding of Quranic commentaries surpassed even some renowned theologians in Islamic history.


Ibn Kathir spoke of him in his book ‘Al-Bidaya wa-‘Nihaya, saying: “He was most friendly and kindhearted, he never envied anyone, he never caused harm to anyone, he never bore prejudice against anyone, and I was the closest to his heart. Furthermore, I do not know anyone who is more devout in his worship than him in our time.” A similar opinion also was quoted by Ibn Hijr.

Ibn al-Qayyim catered to all the branches of Islamic science, and was particularly known and commended for his commentaries. Al-Hafiz Ibn Rajab spoke of his teacher, saying: “He was an accomplished scholar of Islamic science, and no one could rival him in his deep understanding of the Qur’an and prophetic saying, and his interpretations were unique in accuracy.”

Ibn Rajab narrated that his teacher Imam Ibn al-Qayyim al-Jawziyya learned the science of prophetic sayings (Hadith) from al-Shahab al-Nabulsi, Qadhi Taqiyyu-Deen Sulaiman, and Fatima Bint Jawhar, among others. During his early student life, Imam Ibn al-Qayyim sought the company of most shaikhs of his period, and he was particularly proficient in interpreting the Hanbali Muslim school of thoughts.

His Spiritual Life

Imam Ibn al-Qayyim al-Jawziyya was an avid and a resolute worshipper. He devoted long hours to his supererogatory nightly prayers, he was in a constant state of remembrance (zikr), and he was known for his extended prostrations. One could see on his face the clear expressions of piety, and constant solicitation of God’s bounty and favors.

During Ibn al-Qayyim al-Jawziyya’s imprisonment in al-Qal’a prison in Damascus, he was constantly reading the Qur’an, and studying its meanings. Ibn Rajab noted that during that period of seclusion, he gained extensive spiritual success, as well as he developed a great analytical wisdom, knowledge, and understanding of the prophetic traditions.

Upon his release, he performed the pilgrimage to Mecca several times, and sometimes he stayed in Mecca for a prolonged period of devotion and circumambulation of the holy Ka’aba.

His Works

Al-Nu’man al-Alsi al-Baghdadi once said: “His interpretations are unique in accuracy.” The renowned Muslim scholar al-Thahabi once said about him: “He gave great attention to details and references of the prophetic traditions.” Furthermore, Shaikh Burhan al-Deen al-Zari’ spoke of him saying: “No one is as cognizant as Ibn al-Qayyim was in his time.”

Ibn al-Qayyim al-Jawziyya’s contributions to the Islamic library are extensive, and they particularly deal with the Qur’anic commentaries, and understanding and analysis of the prophetic traditions (fiqh-u Sunnah).

He compiled a large number of studies besides his own books, including:

1- Tahthib Sunan Abi Dawoud (Emendation of Sunan Abi Dawoud); 2- Al-Kalam al-Tayyib wa-al-‘Amal al-Salih (The Essence of Good Words and Deeds); 3- Commentaries on the book of Shaikh ‘Abdullah al-Ansari: Manazil-u Sa’ireen (Stations of the Seekers), which is considered the epitome of knowledge of sufi books; and, Zad al-Ma’ad (Provisions of the Hereafter), from which this book on the Medicine of the Prophet is extracted, besides other manuscripts copied with his own handwriting, and which are preserved in the Central Library in Damascus, Syria.

Ibn al Qayyim al Jawziyya died in the city of Damascus the year 751 AH/1350 C.E., when he was scarcely 60 years old, and was buried at the cemetery of Bab al Saghir, near the grave of his father – Rahimahuma Allah

I read the article and like most Muslims am not a Salafi and have little in common with Ibn al-Qayyim al-Jawziyya

The Link is Salafi and gives the Salafi view of Islam.It is not what I perform as Islam.
__________________
When posting as a MOD my posts will be in red

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks


MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-15-2016, 01:49 PM
 
1,601 posts, read 751,951 times
Reputation: 435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post

About the men being hesitent to have sex with the women while their husbands were alive had nothing to do with raping theng them in front of their husbands. the issue was if they could marry them while the husbands were still alive as they were still married to their husbands. Permission was granted for them to marry the women, as the marriage they had was not a valid marriage and therefore they did not have to divorce their husbands.

Nothing about rape or having sex in front of their husbands.
I don't think I even posted that verse. Thanks for reminding me about it! Let me post it here, with my comments:


"The Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) sent a military expedition to Awtas on the occasion of the battle of Hunain. "

OK, clear enough. It was Muhammed who was attacking, btw. Not sending a peace mission.

"They met their enemy and fought with them. They defeated them and took them captives."

Hopefully that is clear. There was a fight, Muhammed and his gang won and took captives.

"Some of the Companions of the Apostle of Allah were reluctant to have intercourse with the female captives in the presence of their husbands who were unbelievers."

OK. Muhammed's gang wanted to rape the women they had just captured. As a woman, I can say for sure that women do not want to have sex with gangs who attack their villages, take them and their husbands captive. Really. Even if they have just had a fight with their husbands, they are not itching for sex with gangs of attackers who have their fathers, brothers,m sons, daughters, mothers, husbands and themselves held captive. Not even '50 Shades of Gray' would consider such a thing as titillating. And let's remember that the rape would probably also be in front of the mothers (also getting raped), sons, fathers, daughters (also getting raped), sisters (also getting raped)....well you get the idea! A mass rape in front of the men, who are the hated DISBELIEVERS!

Good to note that Muhammed's gang had enough decency left (and there sure wasn't much decency left) to be 'reluctant' to mass rape the women in front of their fathers, sons, brothers, husbands, etc.

Sadly, allah has no decency at all!

" So Allah, the Exalted, sent down the Qur’anic verse: (Sura 4:24) "And all married women (are forbidden) unto you save those (captives) whom your right hands possess." (Abu Dawud 2150, also Muslim 3433)

So, allah says go ahead and mass rape the women! Since they are not married Muslim/free women, but captive women, go for it! Rape away! Does not matter if the Muslim man is married, or if the captive woman is married, or is her family is watching....RAPE THEM!

Slaves and captive women (the right hand of the Muslim man possesses these women like property) can be raped by single or married Muslim men. Allah says so!!

I think this means ANY captive or enslaved woman, including Muslim women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-15-2016, 02:57 PM
 
Location: Logan Township, Minnesota
15,511 posts, read 13,286,660 times
Reputation: 7407
Quote:
Originally Posted by juju33312 View Post
I don't think I even posted that verse. Thanks for reminding me about it! Let me post it here, with my comments:


"The Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) sent a military expedition to Awtas on the occasion of the battle of Hunain. "

OK, clear enough. It was Muhammed who was attacking, btw. Not sending a peace mission.

"They met their enemy and fought with them. They defeated them and took them captives."

Hopefully that is clear. There was a fight, Muhammed and his gang won and took captives.

"Some of the Companions of the Apostle of Allah were reluctant to have intercourse with the female captives in the presence of their husbands who were unbelievers."

OK. Muhammed's gang wanted to rape the women they had just captured. As a woman, I can say for sure that women do not want to have sex with gangs who attack their villages, take them and their husbands captive. Really. Even if they have just had a fight with their husbands, they are not itching for sex with gangs of attackers who have their fathers, brothers,m sons, daughters, mothers, husbands and themselves held captive. Not even '50 Shades of Gray' would consider such a thing as titillating. And let's remember that the rape would probably also be in front of the mothers (also getting raped), sons, fathers, daughters (also getting raped), sisters (also getting raped)....well you get the idea! A mass rape in front of the men, who are the hated DISBELIEVERS!

Good to note that Muhammed's gang had enough decency left (and there sure wasn't much decency left) to be 'reluctant' to mass rape the women in front of their fathers, sons, brothers, husbands, etc.

Sadly, allah has no decency at all!

" So Allah, the Exalted, sent down the Qur’anic verse: (Sura 4:24) "And all married women (are forbidden) unto you save those (captives) whom your right hands possess." (Abu Dawud 2150, also Muslim 3433)

So, allah says go ahead and mass rape the women! Since they are not married Muslim/free women, but captive women, go for it! Rape away! Does not matter if the Muslim man is married, or if the captive woman is married, or is her family is watching....RAPE THEM!

Slaves and captive women (the right hand of the Muslim man possesses these women like property) can be raped by single or married Muslim men. Allah says so!!

I think this means ANY captive or enslaved woman, including Muslim women.
4"24 is in reference as to who a Muslim man is permitted to marry.

go back to at least 4:22 and read at least to 4:25

Quote:
And marry not those women whom your fathers married, except what hath already happened (of that nature) in the past. Lo! it was ever lewdness and abomination, and an evil way. - 4:22

Forbidden unto you are your mothers, and your daughters, and your sisters, and your father's sisters, and your mother's sisters, and your brother's daughters and your sister's daughters, and your foster mothers, and your foster sisters, and your mothers-in-law, and your stepdaughters who are under your protection (born) of your women unto whom ye have gone in but if ye have not gone in unto them, then it is no sin for you (to marry their daughters) and the wives of your sons who (spring) from your own loins. And (it is forbidden unto you) that ye should have two sisters together, except what hath already happened (of that nature) in the past. Lo! Allah is ever Forgiving, Merciful. - 4:23

And all married women (are forbidden unto you save those (captives) whom your right hands possess. It is a decree of Allah for you. Lawful unto you are all beyond those mentioned, so that ye seek them with your wealth in honest wedlock, not debauchery. And those of whom ye seek content (by marrying them), give unto them their portions as a duty. And there is no sin for you in what ye do by mutual agreement after the duty (hath been done). Lo! Allah is ever Knower, Wise. - 4:24

And whoso is not able to afford to marry free, believing women, let them marry from the believing maids whom your right hands possess. Allah knoweth best (concerning) your faith. Ye (proceed) one from another; so wed them by permission of their folk, and give unto them their portions in kindness, they being honest, not debauched nor of loose conduct. And if when they are honorably married they commit lewdness they shall incur the half of the punishment (prescribed) for free women (in that case). This is for him among you who feareth to commit sin. But to have patience would be better for you. Allah is Forgiving, Merciful. - 4:25 (Picktall)
The full discourse consists of 4:1-35 and is a basic set of family rules regarding marriage and children and the care of orphans. It should be read in it's entirety and not picking out single lines as if they were orders or commands.
__________________
When posting as a MOD my posts will be in red

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks


MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-15-2016, 04:12 PM
 
352 posts, read 308,370 times
Reputation: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by juju33312 View Post
I would love to see a photo of that demon fighting with your finger!! That would be really cool!! I bet you took some photos....could you post them?

There's this guy, James Randi, who offers a 1 million dollar reward for any evidence of the paranormal. That reward has been up for grabs for DECADES and so far, no paranormal events! Maybe you could claim it!
no thanx.

Last edited by devotee; 05-15-2016 at 04:59 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top