U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-28-2016, 10:03 PM
 
Location: Logan Township, Minnesota
15,511 posts, read 13,276,969 times
Reputation: 7407

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by juju33312 View Post
OK. You would continue to submit to a god that chose for a prophet a man who would rape a child. You would at least disagree with allah about his choice of a prophet and disagree with allah that Muhammed is a perfect example of conduct. That is a huge disagreement. Are people who do not accept Muhammed as a prophet still Muslims?


Did you notice I said that if Muhammad(saws) had raped anyone, he would not have been a prophet, nor chosen by Allaah(swt) Your allegation would not exist, because Muhammad(swt) would not have been a Prophet.
__________________
When posting as a MOD my posts will be in red

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks


MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-28-2016, 11:15 PM
 
Location: Not-a-Theist
3,440 posts, read 1,582,067 times
Reputation: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Did you notice I said that if Muhammad(saws) had raped anyone, he would not have been a prophet, nor chosen by Allaah(swt) Your allegation would not exist, because Muhammad(swt) would not have been a Prophet.
Note the groundings of my argument based reality and history;

1. God cannot exists as real.
2. Therefore the Quran can only be authored by a human or a group of people.
3. It is claimed [historical] Muhammad recited the Quran during 610-632AD
4. A complete Quran that match the present copy date back to only 1201AD.
5. The above leave possibility the Quran could be compiled based on hindsight and various historical information between 1201 and back to 610AD.

It is a fact that the Quran was authored by human[s] who are not wise nor intellectual competent that itself has to mention [introduce] the element of 'abrogation' to correct or override earlier oversights.
Since God cannot exists as real, there cannot be a Quran or a chosen prophet from a God.

Whoever is claimed to be a prophet in the Quran cannot be a prophet chosen by a God.

Because the Quran was authored by human[s] for some vested human interest, the Quran unfortunately ended with evil laden elements [beside any good ones] that influenced and inspired SOME evil prone Muslims to commit terrible evils and violence upon non-Muslims and even Muslims. The resultant evils and violence is glaringly evident.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2016, 11:33 PM
 
1,601 posts, read 750,908 times
Reputation: 435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Did you notice I said that if Muhammad(saws) had raped anyone, he would not have been a prophet, nor chosen by Allaah(swt) Your allegation would not exist, because Muhammad(swt) would not have been a Prophet.
It's MY question and you do not get to modify it to suit yourself and then think you answered MY question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-29-2016, 01:12 AM
 
Location: Logan Township, Minnesota
15,511 posts, read 13,276,969 times
Reputation: 7407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
Note the groundings of my argument based reality and history;

1. God cannot exists as real.
2. Therefore the Quran can only be authored by a human or a group of people.
3. It is claimed [historical] Muhammad recited the Quran during 610-632AD
4. A complete Quran that match the present copy date back to only 1201AD.
5. The above leave possibility the Quran could be compiled based on hindsight and various historical information between 1201 and back to 610AD.

It is a fact that the Quran was authored by human[s] who are not wise nor intellectual competent that itself has to mention [introduce] the element of 'abrogation' to correct or override earlier oversights.
Since God cannot exists as real, there cannot be a Quran or a chosen prophet from a God.

Whoever is claimed to be a prophet in the Quran cannot be a prophet chosen by a God.

Because the Quran was authored by human[s] for some vested human interest, the Quran unfortunately ended with evil laden elements [beside any good ones] that influenced and inspired SOME evil prone Muslims to commit terrible evils and violence upon non-Muslims and even Muslims. The resultant evils and violence is glaringly evident.
That is based on the assumption God(swt) does not exist.

If we assume God(swt) exists we have a different scenari. We are both basing our views upon assumptions as Non-existence can not be proven and Proof of a non-physical entity that is not within the boundaries of the physical universe is also non-provable.
__________________
When posting as a MOD my posts will be in red

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks


MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-29-2016, 01:26 AM
 
Location: Logan Township, Minnesota
15,511 posts, read 13,276,969 times
Reputation: 7407
Quote:
Originally Posted by juju33312 View Post
It's MY question and you do not get to modify it to suit yourself and then think you answered MY question.
Yes it is your question. but that is the only way I can answer it as your question is meaningless as a Prophet would not rape anyone.


You are asking me if I would worship a God that would choose a child rapist as a prophet.

the question makes no sense as if a being chose a rapist as a prophet, he would not be a god.

Now if you had asked if I would worship a being that chose a child rapist as a prophet, the answer is no.
__________________
When posting as a MOD my posts will be in red

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks


MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-29-2016, 03:04 AM
 
Location: Not-a-Theist
3,440 posts, read 1,582,067 times
Reputation: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
That is based on the assumption God(swt) does not exist.

If we assume God(swt) exists we have a different scenari. We are both basing our views upon assumptions as Non-existence can not be proven and Proof of a non-physical entity that is not within the boundaries of the physical universe is also non-provable.
It is not my assumption.
There is no proof God exists as real.
In such a case of theism the onus on the theist to prove his positive assertions.

I have no qualms with theists believing in God for personal reasons and privately as I fully understand a theist's critical psychological need to believe in a God even when I understand God does not exist.

However if the idea of God is brought forth into the public sphere where the rights of other are infringed or it is discussed in a public forum like this, then theists has an onus to show proofs their God exists as real.

In the intellectual community, like this forum, there is no onus on the one who is indifferent to the existence of an unproven God to prove nor justify.

Nonetheless I have posted arguments on why it is impossible for God to exists as real in the Philosophy and Religion and Spiritual Forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-29-2016, 03:34 AM
 
Location: Logan Township, Minnesota
15,511 posts, read 13,276,969 times
Reputation: 7407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
It is not my assumption.
There is no proof God exists as real.
In such a case of theism the onus on the theist to prove his positive assertions.

I have no qualms with theists believing in God for personal reasons and privately as I fully understand a theist's critical psychological need to believe in a God even when I understand God does not exist.

However if the idea of God is brought forth into the public sphere where the rights of other are infringed or it is discussed in a public forum like this, then theists has an onus to show proofs their God exists as real.

In the intellectual community, like this forum, there is no onus on the one who is indifferent to the existence of an unproven God to prove nor justify.

Nonetheless I have posted arguments on why it is impossible for God to exists as real in the Philosophy and Religion and Spiritual Forum.
would it be acceptable to an Atheist for a Theist to say:


I have no qualms with Atheists not believing in God for personal reasons and privately as I fully understand an theist's critical psychological need to not believe in a God even when I understand God does exist.

However if the idea of no God is brought forth into the public sphere where the rights of other are infringed or it is discussed in a public forum like this, then atheists has an onus to show proofs no God exists as real.

In the intellectual community, like this forum, there is no onus on the one who is indifferent to the nonexistence of a proven God to prove nor justify.

Nonetheless I have posted arguments on why it is possible for God to exists as real in the Philosophy and Religion and Spiritual Forum.
__________________
When posting as a MOD my posts will be in red

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks


MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-29-2016, 04:03 AM
 
Location: Not-a-Theist
3,440 posts, read 1,582,067 times
Reputation: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
would it be acceptable to an Atheist for a Theist to say:
You have to show your justifications.

Quote:
I have no qualms with Atheists not believing in God for personal reasons and privately as I fully understand an theist's critical psychological need to not believe in a God even when I understand God does exist.
I don't think you understand the various reasons why non-theists do not have a belief in God.
Note the difference between 'do not have a belief' and 'do not believe.'

Do you understand why a non-believer of UFO do not have a belief in UFOs?
Are you a non-believer of UFO, it yes, do not understand why you do not have a belief in UFO.
However if the idea of no God is brought forth into the public sphere where the rights of other are infringed or it is discussed in a public forum like this, then atheists has an onus to show proofs no God exists as real.
Point is a non-theist do not have a belief in God.
If a non-theist do not have a belief at all, in general there is no belief to substantiate.

Quote:
In the intellectual community, like this forum, there is no onus on the one who is indifferent to the nonexistence of a proven God to prove nor justify.
"Non-existence of a prove God" is an oxymoron. You have to rephrase your point here.

Quote:
Nonetheless I have posted arguments on why it is possible for God to exists as real in the Philosophy and Religion and Spiritual Forum.
Where?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-29-2016, 04:25 AM
 
Location: Logan Township, Minnesota
15,511 posts, read 13,276,969 times
Reputation: 7407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
You have to show your justifications.

I don't think you understand the various reasons why non-theists do not have a belief in God.
Note the difference between 'do not have a belief' and 'do not believe.'

Do you understand why a non-believer of UFO do not have a belief in UFOs?
Are you a non-believer of UFO, it yes, do not understand why you do not have a belief in UFO.
However if the idea of no God is brought forth into the public sphere where the rights of other are infringed or it is discussed in a public forum like this, then atheists has an onus to show proofs no God exists as real.
Point is a non-theist do not have a belief in God.
If a non-theist do not have a belief at all, in general there is no belief to substantiate.

"Non-existence of a prove God" is an oxymoron. You have to rephrase your point here.

Where?
Now you are going to have me dig back to before we had an Islamic forum. This was a recent development. about 3 years old, prior we posted in the General forum the old threads here were back in the days when I did all my posting in the General Formu When this forum formed all those posts were moved to here. Alll the posts in this forum dated before 2014 were in the Religion and Spirituality forum.After I submit this I will give links to a few, although they are now in this forum.
__________________
When posting as a MOD my posts will be in red

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks


MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-29-2016, 04:39 AM
 
Location: Logan Township, Minnesota
15,511 posts, read 13,276,969 times
Reputation: 7407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Now you are going to have me dig back to before we had an Islamic forum. This was a recent development. about 3 years old, prior we posted in the General forum the old threads here were back in the days when I did all my posting in the General Formu When this forum formed all those posts were moved to here. Alll the posts in this forum dated before 2014 were in the Religion and Spirituality forum.After I submit this I will give links to a few, although they are now in this forum.
Here are a couple.

Muslims Message to Americans

Why do evangelicals, and muslims, and others try to "save" me after i say no?



Nearly everything I posted between May 2011 and the end of 2013 was in the Religious and Spirituality foru, But when this worum was formed there were all moved to here
__________________
When posting as a MOD my posts will be in red

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks


MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top