Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2016, 12:51 PM

2,049 posts, read 1,066,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCommander View Post
Its interesting how so many people don't seem to realize that "god" isn't necessarily a name.
Torah does not give names to God Only refer to him as
I am the object found
And it calls Elohim
In Christianity God is love
But in Islam, these names which Muslims believe
They represent the image of God in Muslims and these names based on the Koran
Since 1400 years Muslims believe these names
After the spread of the means of knowledge Muslims knew that these names void
For this reason, Al-Azhar announced to change
I guess it's difficult to try because the change must be radical
I offer you today another name
This name(cunning, foxy, sly, crafty, malicious, furtive){And plotted, cunning God and God is the best of planners} - Al-Imran: 54,=It is to collect=الماكرين For this reason, accurate translation is added S used in combination Alllgh English
cunning, foxy, sly, crafty, malicious, furt With the addition of S-combined
So the names of Allah have roots verses of Al-Azhar Can Fix It?????

Old 05-26-2016, 12:53 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,075,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juju33312 View Post
Ok, so these are names allah supposedly called himself in the Quran. Again, this makes no sense at all. A being who has the power to create every stinking thing that exists (!!!!) would not be such an egomaniac. Heck, I don't even call myself names when I do a great job of something. Imagine sitting around calling yourself MAGNIFICENT! AMAZING! MAJESTIC!! Come on! A being with that kind of power doesn't do that. Only a man who is like an (even more!!) ego-inflated Donald Trump, or Muhammed, does that kind of thing.

Why does allah need to brag like this?
the only Names Allaah(swt) called himself are Allaah, ir-Rahman and ir-Raheem. the others are deduced from the attributes He exhibited.

again you need to remember in Arabic a name is an attribute the individual either has done, he desires to do or his parents have desired them to do.

Old 05-26-2016, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
the only Names Allaah(swt) called himself are Allaah, ir-Rahman and ir-Raheem. the others are deduced from the attributes He exhibited.

again you need to remember in Arabic a name is an attribute the individual either has done, he desires to do or his parents have desired them to do.
What do you think the feline name{And plotted, cunning God and God is the best of planners=( cunning)} - Al-Imran: 54
{And plotted subtle and insidious Mkrna=(cunning) they do not feel} - al-namel : 50
{And when those who disbelieved plotted your Athbtok or to kill or Ikrjok and plots and plotted God and God is the best of planners=plots } - Anfal: 30
{Ovomnoa cunning God is not safe from cunning folk God only losers. } - al-araf : 99
This name and this trait in the texts of the Koran

Old 05-26-2016, 01:20 PM

[quote=Woodrow LI;44196662]I find a lot of truth in the Torah and find very few errors it it, which may be a matter of mistranslation. What i do find it the Torah contained in the OT of the Christian bible is a distortion of the Torah and I also find many Jews do not abide by the Torah.

You believe that the Bible is correct ????
But the Koran says is distorted

Whichever believe
Do we rely on your mind or rely on the Koran
Including the verse: who are Jews distort words from their Moadah women {46} and says: Ovttmon to believe you have a team of them hear the word of God and then Ihrvouna after they Akloh they know {Baqarah: 75}

I hope that gives us the position of Islam and indicate personal sofas
With respect

Old 05-26-2016, 03:16 PM

128 posts, read 102,048 times
Quote:
that is true. Which why what we call names for Him are actually attributes. sort of like when we are on a plane we call the guy flying it Pilot and not George.
In the Bible, a name or names are specifically given.

Old 05-26-2016, 06:47 PM

[quote=mahasn sawresho;44198466]
Quote:
I find a lot of truth in the Torah and find very few errors it it, which may be a matter of mistranslation. What i do find it the Torah contained in the OT of the Christian bible is a distortion of the Torah and I also find many Jews do not abide by the Torah.

You believe that the Bible is correct ????
But the Koran says is distorted

Whichever believe
Do we rely on your mind or rely on the Koran
Including the verse: who are Jews distort words from their Moadah women {46} and says: Ovttmon to believe you have a team of them hear the word of God and then Ihrvouna after they Akloh they know {Baqarah: 75}

I hope that gives us the position of Islam and indicate personal sofas
With respect
I believe the bible contains some errors, but it also contains a lot of truth. While I do not think it is necessary for a Muslim to read it as The Qur'an contains all that is needed for one to make a knowledgable free will choice as to what path they desire to follow,

Old 05-26-2016, 10:02 PM

[quote=Woodrow LI;44202046]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahasn sawresho View Post

I believe the bible contains some errors, but it also contains a lot of truth. While I do not think it is necessary for a Muslim to read it as The Qur'an contains all that is needed for one to make a knowledgable free will choice as to what path they desire to follow,
My friend

This is your personal opinion
I hope you to gives us the position of Islam on these names
اThis is not enough in Islam
For this reason, Islam challenged in the Torah
It accuses of distortions in order to prove a message Mohammad
If you say that the Torah is not entirely distorted
It means you know very well the Torah
Also known texts that have been distorted
For this reason, it announced that the Holy Torah distorted even close the door on these questions

Old 05-26-2016, 10:58 PM

[quote=mahasn sawresho;44203699]
Quote:
My friend

This is your personal opinion
I hope you to gives us the position of Islam on these names
اThis is not enough in Islam
For this reason, Islam challenged in the Torah
It accuses of distortions in order to prove a message Mohammad
If you say that the Torah is not entirely distorted
It means you know very well the Torah
Also known texts that have been distorted
For this reason, it announced that the Holy Torah distorted even close the door on these questions
the jewish written scriptures are the Tanakh and Talmud. The torah is the First 5 books of the Tanakh.

The Christian Scriptures are the OT and the NT. christians believe the OT is the JewishTanakh

but the Tanakh and OT have differences. therefore at least one is in error.

Old 05-26-2016, 11:03 PM

3,440 posts, read 2,645,097 times
Quote:

It is does not go well when Allah is given the attribute of l-mākirīna الْمَاكِرِينَ م ك ر as in verse 3:54 & 8:30 mentioned by mahasn sawresho.
3:54
وَمَكَرُوا وَمَكَرَ اللَّهُ وَاللَّهُ خَيْرُ الْمَاكِرِينَ
Wa Makarū Wa Makara Allāhu Wa Allāhu Khayru Al-Mākirīna
And they schemed and God schemed, but God is the best schemer.

8:30
وَإِذْ يَمْكُرُ بِكَ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا لِيُثْبِتُوكَ أَوْ يَقْتُلُوكَ أَوْ يُخْرِجُوكَ وَيَمْكُرُونَ وَيَمْكُرُ اللَّهُ وَاللَّهُ خَيْرُ الْمَاكِرِينَ
Wa 'Idh Yamkuru Bika Al-Ladhīna Kafarū Liyuthbitūka 'Aw Yaqtulūka 'Aw Yukhrijūka Wa Yamkurūna Wa Yamkuru Allāhu Wa Allāhu Khayru Al-Mākirīna
And the rejecters plot against you to arrest you, or to kill you, or to expel you. And they plot, and God plots, and God is the best of plotters.

The term 'makara' is used in a very negative [evil] sense when directed at non-Muslims, e.g.
14:46
وَقَدْ مَكَرُوا مَكْرَهُمْ وَعِنْدَ اللَّهِ مَكْرُهُمْ وَإِنْ كَانَ مَكْرُهُمْ لِتَزُولَ مِنْهُ الْجِبَالُ
Wa Qad Makarū Makrahum Wa `Inda Allāhi Makruhum Wa 'In Kāna Makruhum Litazūla Minhu Al-Jibālu
And they schemed their scheming, and their scheming is known to God; and their scheming was enough to make the mountains cease to exist.
Therefore is it the same when Allah is attributed with such a negative [evil] trait, i.e. Al-Mākirīna.

Generally a God of any matured and wise religion should never be attributed with any negative [evil] trait which can influence and inspire SOME evil prone believers to follow and adopt such a negative [evil] impulses. Unfortunately in reality this had happened and will continue to do so within a certain religion.

Old 05-26-2016, 11:43 PM

[quote=Woodrow LI;44202046]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahasn sawresho View Post

Do you think that Islam believes in the freedom of

Do you think that Islam believes in the freedom of choice
Your word is in the color red
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam