U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2016, 03:50 AM

3,167 posts, read 1,038,942 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
It is only immatured thinkers and the desperate who request for proof of a negative in the case of theism.
It is only immature unbelieving ones who claim to have proof that God does not exist as real but when challenged to show their proof, they say there is no proof for negative.

Theists do not claim that they have proof God exists but they believe God exists on faith. It has been the case all along in my case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2016, 07:17 AM

1,601 posts, read 751,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalif View Post
It is only immature unbelieving ones who claim to have proof that God does not exist as real but when challenged to show their proof, they say there is no proof for negative.

Theists do not claim that they have proof God exists but they believe God exists on faith. It has been the case all along in my case.
Actually, there is proof that a supernatural god does not exist. It's the law of identity. I've provided this proof here several times.

“God” is a systematic contradiction of every valid metaphysical principle. There is no way to prove a “super-existence” by inference from existence; supernaturalism can be accepted only on blind faith.

What is “supernatural”? Supposedly, something that transcends nature. What is nature? Nature is everything that exists, the sum of that which is..... a system of interconnected, interacting entities governed by law (the law of identity). EVERYTHING has an identity. "Nature” means the universe of entities acting and interacting in accordance with their identities. A bowling ball does not float, your computer does not fly away, your chair is not liquid. You can cut down a tree to make paper, but you cannot cut down a tree to make an elephant. You cannot eat your cake and have it, too. There is no cartoon monster under your bed unless.

A thing is—what it is. its characteristics constitute its identity. Period.

So, what is super-nature, which includes miracles, gods, jolly old men who deliver toys worldwide in one night? These are things beyond the natural universe, beyond entities, beyond identity. They are a form of existence beyond existence. They are a kind of entity beyond anything we know about everything that exists. These are things that contradict everything we knows about the identity of that which is. In short, a contradiction of every metaphysical essential. Why don't you believe in a Santa, or in jumping out a window and flying? Why do you get out of the way of trucks, why do you eat? Every day you follow the law of identity, but you pay lip service to some supernatural god that cannot exist. And, you pick and choose your brand of supernatural to believe in. In your case it's a specific evil god cooked up by a perverted sociopathic monster.

Will any of this change your mind, or even cause you to stop and think? No. Proof doesn't matter to you. You will keep acting according to the law of identity, you will be subjected to the law of identity for every second of your life....and still you will live your life around some nonsense that defies the law of identity. How stupid is that? Part of YOUR identity is to be irrational.

I doubt you can even think on this level or have the intellectual curiosity to want to know more.

And, I am waiting for that proof that a fairy is not dancing on your head.

Old 05-30-2016, 07:54 AM

2,050 posts, read 662,085 times
I think this off-topic
Faith in God
Personal freedom
If an atheist believes in human love
It is better than humanist believes in God bloody fighting
If God sends teachings fight
The teachings of sexual
i think That God does not deserve to believe in him
The humans and human to work Filtering
The combat of ideas and education, whatever their origin
Then you could search for the real image of God

Old 05-30-2016, 08:05 AM

Man must not be a tape recorder
The human mind and the freedom to choose and man carries some qualities of his Creator he also made
This is the difference between the human and parrot
God knew the idea of humans
But it used very badly
It is the right humans can refuse cons of this god

Old 05-30-2016, 08:14 AM

When God trumps and eliminates it and forget it and gives vintage rivers
To a special category and prevents these pleasure from others I think he is a unjust God

Old 05-30-2016, 11:30 PM

3,440 posts, read 1,584,535 times
Quote:

Did you read what I posted in the post?
Repeat;

Quote:
Elsewhere I have raised threads to explain why it is impossible for God to exists as real. I won't go into the detail here.

In addition I have given explanations and justification why theists MUST believe in an illusory God due to an inherent existential dilemma, i.e. a psychological issue.
If you are intellectually matured and wise you will provide your proofs God exists as real first and then on a secondary basis ask for proofs God do not exists [which is not obligatory in the first place].
The point is once you have solid proofs God exists as real, there is no need at all to insist non-theists prove God do not exists.

Once a theist has proofs, then the ball is thrown onto the non-theist court for them [as a burden] to prove it wrong. This is the proper intellectual approach.

It is intellectual cowardice [cowards and wimps] to insist non-theists prove the non-existence of God first without taking on the burden nor responsibility first as duty to prove one's positive claims, i.e. God exists as real.

Old 05-31-2016, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Did you read what I posted in the post?
Repeat;

If you are intellectually matured and wise you will provide your proofs God exists as real first and then on a secondary basis ask for proofs God do not exists [which is not obligatory in the first place].
The point is once you have solid proofs God exists as real, there is no need at all to insist non-theists prove God do not exists.

Once a theist has proofs, then the ball is thrown onto the non-theist court for them [as a burden] to prove it wrong. This is the proper intellectual approach.

It is intellectual cowardice [cowards and wimps] to insist non-theists prove the non-existence of God first without taking on the burden nor responsibility first as duty to prove one's positive claims, i.e. God exists as real.
He is trying to change the subject

Old 05-31-2016, 02:00 AM

Quote:

If you believe God exists based on faith, i.e. beliefs without proofs nor justifiable reasons then you should not insists non-theists produce proofs God does not exist.

As I had stated I have no qualms on any one believing in God based on faith or whatever without proofs. In fact I fully understand it is critical for theists to believe in God otherwise they will face mental and psychological chaos.

Now if you believe in God based on faith, then you don't have the support to infringe on the rights of others nor argue dogmatically against reality and rationality, e.g. you cannot insist I am born a Muslim.

Old 05-31-2016, 02:05 AM

Here is one perspective on how I argue it is impossible for a God to exists as real.
From the Philosophy Forum;
http://www.city-data.com/forum/44242950-post10.html

Kant stated,
"though our knowledge begins with experience, it does not follow that it arises out of experience."
It is not philosophy nor Science that produced [methods of attaining] knowledge.

Knowledge is leveraged from two main sources i,e,
1. a posteriori [i.e. experience] and
2. a priori [non-experiential].
Knowledge based on a posteriori can be gained from Science, Arts, Philosophy, Mathematics, and others sources linked to empirical experiences.

Knowledge based on a priori [without experience] can also be from Science, Arts, Philosophy, Mathematics and others sources which are not based on experience but from pure reason.

When Scientists predicted/speculated-on Black Holes, they did not observe any black holes [no direct experience] but that is speculated knowledge based on possibilities leveraged on various empirical background.
Most of the notable a priori knowledge are from Mathematics [e.g. its axioms] and Philosophy.

What is most critical with a priori knowledge [i.e. not based on direct experience] is they must be grounded on empirical possibilities.
A speculation of a square circle is not a priori because as a contradiction it is an empirical impossibility.

It is the same for God which cannot be a priori because God is an empirical impossibility almost like a speculating on a square-circle.

Btw, I don't have an issue with people who want to believe in God. They should go ahead, but they should keep it personal and not infringe on the rights of others who are in alignment with reality.

Old 05-31-2016, 11:21 PM

Quote:
If you believe God exists based on faith, i.e. beliefs without proofs nor justifiable reasons then you should not insists non-theists produce proofs God does not exist.

As I had stated I have no qualms on any one believing in God based on faith or whatever without proofs. In fact I fully understand it is critical for theists to believe in God otherwise they will face mental and psychological chaos.

Now if you believe in God based on faith, then you don't have the support to infringe on the rights of others nor argue dogmatically against reality and rationality, e.g. you cannot insist I am born a Muslim.
My friend Esquire
I am a human Belief in God
But Islam does not accept this kind of faith
I believe in God with all the good qualities
A Muslim does not accept my faith
Jews have declared the unification, and know that God is one
You have to believe in Muhammad
That is why Islam does not know the absolute uniformity
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam