Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2016, 02:54 PM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,561,490 times

Advertisements

Everyone is born honest and non-indoctrinated and non-religious. Unfortunately, honesty is lost by most (through fear of one sort or another) and desperate religion is gained instead. Its a shame.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2016, 04:35 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,078,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soUlwounD View Post
How a person who states such imaginary things is able to be a moderator?

That is huge insult by all ways to state that all people are something without their concent.

Especially what comes to religions, which should be free for all and not insulted. You personal insult everyone who does not choose to be muslim, please warn yourself, 3 days.
We all are born with things without our consent. I had no say about my being born into a Christian Family. I had no say about having white skin and blue eyes. It was not with my consent I grew up speaking English in a small Connecticut town. but I have no complaints about any of that. Although I never understood where the blue eyes came from as many of my relatives have brown or hazel eyes.

Eventually I came to the age of being able to make my own choices. At the age of 65 I chose to revert back to Islam and upon doing so felt like I had returned to what I was born as.

Perhaps no one has free choice about being born Muslim, but everyone has the ability to make their own choices after reaching the age of understanding. My Catholic parents, if they were still living, would have told you I was born Catholic. It is pretty much a general belief among Catholics that all people are born Catholics. It is also a common belief among Atheists that all people are born Atheist. Should I be offended because some people believe I was born Atheist?

I have no ill feelings towards all the Catholics that say I was born Catholic. It is their right to believe what they find to be a teaching of their religion. As do all people have the right to believe what their religion teaches.

Every person has some beliefs that other people will find to be offensive.

so far there have not been many complaints from the Judaic forum I strive to moderate with impartiality and go by the TOS not personal beliefs. (On a personal note, I like and respect Jews, they have many admirable qualities and I am blessed to have some Jewish relatives.)

Old 06-02-2016, 05:46 PM

1,601 posts, read 1,165,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
We all are born with things without our consent. I had no say about my being born into a Christian Family. I had no say about having white skin and blue eyes. It was not with my consent I grew up speaking English in a small Connecticut town. but I have no complaints about any of that. Although I never understood where the blue eyes came from as many of my relatives have brown or hazel eyes.
You are dropping context! You cannot compare an ideology with physical attributes. You can't equate ideology and race, eye color, place of birth.

And, like it or not, we are born as a blank slate with POTENTIAL to learn and choose an ideology. You were born with white skin and blue eyes? Obviously you were born a Nazi and white Supremacist.

Old 06-02-2016, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juju33312 View Post
You are dropping context! You cannot compare an ideology with physical attributes. You can't equate ideology and race, eye color, place of birth.

And, like it or not, we are born as a blank slate with POTENTIAL to learn and choose an ideology. You were born with white skin and blue eyes? Obviously you were born a Nazi and white Supremacist.
I have no issues with people saying what they believe or don't believe. My desire is that all people will always be able to believe what they have found to be true through their own free-will and with knowledge.

During some of my Atheist years I was a David Duke supporter and lived in Louisiana, I guess I was a ?White Supremacist" at that time.

A brief run down of my Religious beliefs, the year between beliefs are approximations as it was more like a transition periodwith the exception of 2009 when I accepted Islam. Up to 3 days before I accepted Islam I was adamantly anti-Islam and did not believe a thing about Islam. I pretty much hated Islam and all, I thought, it stood for. I was very content as an Atheist and saw no reason to believe in the existence of any god.

1940-1965--Roman Catholic

1965- 1985 ---Fundamentalist, Evangelical Christian (Assembly of God) `

1985-2005 Atheist

2005 to Present-- Muslim

Old 06-02-2016, 08:29 PM

Quote:
I have no issues with people saying what they believe or don't believe.
I do if they are teaching nonsense to, and destroying the minds of children.

Old 06-02-2016, 11:33 PM

2,049 posts, read 1,066,281 times
Quote:
If you look deeper you will find that is political differences and not religious. In the Mideast most Shi'a are Iranians (aryans, like the Germans) Most Sunni are Arab ( Semitic like the Jews) Aryans and Semitics have a long history of not playing well together. Also they has been a war over land between Arabs and Iranians that dates back to even pre-Christianity. The discovery of oil in the region did not help matters.
Arabs were unable to create any civilization
Persia was in conflict with the Assyrians and Chaldeans BC

Old 06-02-2016, 11:43 PM

2,049 posts, read 1,066,281 times
Quote:
I have no issues with people saying what they believe or don't believe. My desire is that all people will always be able to believe what they have found to be true through their own free-will and with knowledge.

During some of my Atheist years I was a David Duke supporter and lived in Louisiana, I guess I was a ?White Supremacist" at that time.

A brief run down of my Religious beliefs, the year between beliefs are approximations as it was more like a transition periodwith the exception of 2009 when I accepted Islam. Up to 3 days before I accepted Islam I was adamantly anti-Islam and did not believe a thing about Islam. I pretty much hated Islam and all, I thought, it stood for. I was very content as an Atheist and saw no reason to believe in the existence of any god.

1940-1965--Roman Catholic

1965- 1985 ---Fundamentalist, Evangelical Christian (Assembly of God) `

1985-2005 Atheist

2005 to Present-- Muslim
Profile your history is not a perfect model
But call you a sincere invitation
To offer us four words from the Koran
A loving word

Old 06-03-2016, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juju33312 View Post
I do if they are teaching nonsense to, and destroying the minds of children.
some Theists are of the opinion that is what Atheists are doing. Every human believes his own fleas are gazelles.(Old African proverb) which so far I have found to be true.

I believe all children should be taught as many different opinions as they can comprehend. to me the seeking of truth requires a study of as many views as we can find.No matter how much we believe something is true or false. We are Human and have human limitations. ' we owe it to our self to learn all we can, including the views of people we disagree with. No statement made by a human including this one, is 100% true or 100% false. We should always seek to verify all things, no matter how much we believe it is true or how much we believe it is false.

To claim someone's teaching something to destroy children;s minds one must be prepared to state specifics as to who is doing the teaching. what it is they are teaching and give proof of specific children who had their minds destroyed..

Old 06-03-2016, 09:02 AM

Quote:
some Theists are of the opinion that is what Atheists are doing. Every human believes his own fleas are gazelles.(Old African proverb) which so far I have found to be true.

I believe all children should be taught as many different opinions as they can comprehend. to me the seeking of truth requires a study of as many views as we can find.No matter how much we believe something is true or false. We are Human and have human limitations. ' we owe it to our self to learn all we can, including the views of people we disagree with. No statement made by a human including this one, is 100% true or 100% false. We should always seek to verify all things, no matter how much we believe it is true or how much we believe it is false.

To claim someone's teaching something to destroy children;s minds one must be prepared to state specifics as to who is doing the teaching. what it is they are teaching and give proof of specific children who had their minds destroyed..
Every Islamic terrorist had their mind destroyed.

Every man who murdered his child (honor killings) had his mind destroyed.

The child who is being taught that A is not A is having their mind destroyed.

The fundamental (and only) purpose of education is to teach a student how to live his life by developing his mind and equipping him to deal with reality. It's not a matter of an overload of indiscriminate information.

A person will be exposed to many different ideologies, but the question is: will that person have been taught the proper tools to evaluate that ideology? What are those tools? Logic and induction and deduction? Or blind faith?

There certainly are statements that are 100% true or false. I exist. 100% true. Initiation of force against others is evil. 100% true. Michael Jackson had work done on his face. 100% true. There is no god. 100% true. You want to manufacture possibilities without evidence. You are advocating a life of continual self doubt.

Old 06-03-2016, 09:45 AM

3,298 posts, read 2,474,064 times
Quote:
Perhaps no one has free choice about being born Muslim, but everyone has the ability to make their own choices after reaching the age of understanding.
More likely no one is "born" any particular religion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam