U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2017, 06:46 AM

15,511 posts, read 13,274,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I have one question, directed primarily to Woodrow LI; isn't the lack of any organizational structure at all at a severe tension with participating in the modern world? Isn't it true, as we speak, that some renegades are committing horrible atrocities in the name of Islam and Islam is helpless to intervene and guide followers on the right path?If even an imam shouldn't preach and teach, who should?
This is where the "laws of the Land" need to be enforced. A Muslim is obligated to live by the laws of the nation he/she is in. Every nation has some form of government and part of that government is laws.

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks

MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2017, 04:30 PM

15,865 posts, read 6,242,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
This is where the "laws of the Land" need to be enforced. A Muslim is obligated to live by the laws of the nation he/she is in. Every nation has some form of government and part of that government is laws.
The problem there is that every civilized government wants good relations with every monotheistic religion. The lack of any organizational structure makes it difficult to shame the people who aid and abet the horrific violence. And the governments are stuck for obvious reasons.

Old 01-18-2017, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
The problem there is that every civilized government wants good relations with every monotheistic religion. The lack of any organizational structure makes it difficult to shame the people who aid and abet the horrific violence. And the governments are stuck for obvious reasons.
The same could be said about criminals in every nation. Terrorism is a criminal act and no different from any other criminal act. No criminal obeys any religious teaching. Organized Religion has not been able to control the Mexican drug cartels, which commit numerous acts of terrorism in Mexico and the USA. Virtually every member of Mexican drug cartels are Roman Catholic, which is very strongly organized.

Also keep in mind, world wide the majority of people killed by "Islamic" terrorists have been Muslims. They are very much anti-Islam. They would never listen to a Muslim cleric. If they have a unified goal that goal seems to be the destruction of Islam and an elimination of all Muslims.

Although Islam is not an organization, Muslims world wide do frequently rise up and condemn terrorists, especially those who claim to be Muslim.

Some examples:

Paris Attacks: Muslims Speak Out Against Terrorism

How 70,000 Muslim Clerics Are Standing Up To Terrorism | The Huffington Post

Teen Makes Spreadsheet Of Muslim Groups Denouncing Terrorism | Teen Vogue

American Muslims denounce Orlando shooting, extremism - CNN.com

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poste...=.564121a5162b

The terrorists do not pay any attention to Muslims, because they do not perform Islam. They are criminals no different than the terrorists in the Mexican drug cartels and they will not abide by any religious rules or guidelines.

Old 01-18-2017, 08:04 PM

2,050 posts, read 660,682 times
https://dawaalhaq.com/post/61943

Old 01-18-2017, 08:06 PM

This photo is from the news of Islamist
And the Islamic verdicts and those ruled by the Koran,
See the picture well
And you will know that in the future will become mosques America so

Old 01-18-2017, 08:08 PM

Islamic State staying fairly killings Murad Sep God Almighty in the southern countryside Manbej

Old 01-18-2017, 08:10 PM

They rule in the law of God, which you studied in Muslim mosques in America
Do you like this landscape

Old 01-18-2017, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahasn sawresho View Post
They rule in the law of God, which you studied in Muslim mosques in America
Do you like this landscape
Sorry I never studied Islam in an American Mosque. Much of what I first learned about Islam came from studying in a Christian seminary and after accepting Islam from my own studies and with the help of Muslim friends.

How do you know those are not radical non-Muslims trying to make Muslims look bad?

Old 01-18-2017, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Sorry I never studied Islam in an American Mosque. Much of what I first learned about Islam came from studying in a Christian seminary and after accepting Islam from my own studies and with the help of Muslim friends.

How do you know those are not radical non-Muslims trying to make Muslims look bad?
What is the difference between a mosque in America and the mosque in Mecca or in Syria or in Iraq
This picture is clear, from an Islamist Web site
Do you want to question in the picture too
They apply the law of the Koran
One spoiler in the ground
The word spoiler year and you can also become a spoiler in the ground
In the past, the sword
Today, the gun and the gun
Note that Saudi Arabia carried out beheadings by the sword to this day
If you have studied Christianity
I think that you should look for these words in the Koran Does God love

Old 01-19-2017, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahasn sawresho View Post
What is the difference between a mosque in America and the mosque in Mecca or in Syria or in Iraq
This picture is clear, from an Islamist Web site
Do you want to question in the picture too
They apply the law of the Koran
One spoiler in the ground
The word spoiler year and you can also become a spoiler in the ground
In the past, the sword
Today, the gun and the gun
Note that Saudi Arabia carried out beheadings by the sword to this day
If you have studied Christianity
I think that you should look for these words in the Koran Does God love
I studied Christianity for over 40 years as a Christian lay person and a Minister. Not only on my own but also in college and seminary. I spent a large part of my life preaching Christianity from the pulpit and teaching the Bible to non-Christians.

I find the Qur'an to be more beautiful, honest and more peaceful than the Bible.

But, I will not bash the Bible nor demean Christianity. I will only speak of the love, beauty and peace I have found in Islam and the Qur'an. One will never convert a person by belittling and espousing hatred of what the person believes.

A person who speaks hatred and disdain of another person's religion shows ignorance of their own religion and dishonors their own religion. They are a terrorist attempting to use hateful words as a weapon of destruction.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or