U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2016, 01:35 AM

3,440 posts, read 1,583,862 times

Advertisements

Here is one video from youtube that posited Muhammad was a white male based on readings from the Ahadith.
If that is the case Muhammad's ancestors must have originated from the more Northern regions or Europe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZxH4QYLRQY

According to a hadith, any one who called Muhammad black shall be killed.

It the above true?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2016, 11:26 AM

15,511 posts, read 13,284,120 times
I have not ever heard nor read that hadithl

As for any pnysical description of Muhammad(saws) we are not to attempt to make a images of him or any other person. The description of him in the ahadith are quite vague and it probably is not likely we can determine much from them

Quote:
Saheeh Muslim

Book 030, Hadith Number 5770.

------------------------------

Chapter : Concerning the characteristic features of Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him), and he was the most handsome of the people.

Al-Bara' reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) was of medium height, having broad shoulders, with his hair hanging down on the lobes of his ears. He put on a red mantle over him, and never have I seen anyone more handsome than Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him).

Book 030, Hadith Number 5771.

Chapter : Concerning the characteristic features of Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him), and he was the most handsome of the people.

Al-Bara' reported: Never did I see anyone more handsome than Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) in the red mantle. His hair had been hanging down on the shoulders and his shoulders were very broad, and he was neither very tall nor short-statured. Ibn Kuraib said he had hair.

Book 030, Hadith Number 5772.

Al-Bara' reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) had the most handsome face amongst men and he had the best disposition and he was neither very tall nor short-statured.

Book 030, Hadith Number 5773.

Qatada reported: I asked Anas b. Malik: How was the hair of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him)? Thereupon he said: His hair was neither very curly nor very straight, and they hung over his shoulders and earlobes.

Book 030, Hadith Number 5774.

Chapter : Pertaining to the characteristic features of the face of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) and his eyes and his heels.

Anas reported that the hair of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) came upon his shoulders.

Book 030, Hadith Number 5775.

Chapter : Pertaining to the characteristic features of the face of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) and his eyes and his heels.

Anas reported that the hair of Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) reached half of the earlobe.

Book 030, Hadith Number 5776.

Jabir b. Samura reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) had a broad face with reddish (wide) eyes, and lean heels. Shu'ba reported: I said to Simak: What does this dali-ul-fam mean? And he said: This means broad face. I said: What does this ashkal mean? He said: Long in the slit of the eye. I said: What is this manhus-ul-aqibain? He said: It implies little flesh at the heels.

Book 030, Hadith Number 5777.

Chapter : Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) had a white elegant face.

Jurairi reported: I said to Abu Tufail: Did you see Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him)? He said: Yes, he had a white handsome face. Muslim b. Hajjaj said: Abu Tufail who died in 100 Hijra was the last of the Companions of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him).

Book 030, Hadith Number 5778.

Abu Tufail reported: I saw Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) and there is one amongst the people of the earth who (are living at the present time and) had seen him except me. I said to him: How did you find him? He said: He had an elegant white colour, and he was of an average height.

Saheeh Bukhari

Volume 004, Book 056, Hadith Number 744.

-----------------------------------------

Narated By Isma'il bin Abi Khalid : I heard Abii Juhaifa saying, "I saw the Prophet, and Al-Hasan bin 'Ali resembled him." I said to Abu- Juhaifa, "Describe him for me." He said, "He was white and his beard was black with some white hair. He promised to give us 13 young she-camels, but he expired before we could get them."

Volume 004, Book 056, Hadith Number 745.

Narated By Wahb Abu Juhaifa As-Sawwai : I saw the Prophet and saw some white hair below his lower lip above the chin.

Volume 004, Book 056, Hadith Number 746.

Narated By Hariz bin 'Uthman : That he asked 'Abdullah bin Busr (i.e. the companion of the Prophet), "Did you see the Prophet when he was old?" He said, "He had a few white hairs between the lower lip and the chin."

Volume 004, Book 056, Hadith Number 747.

Narated By Rabia bin Abi Abdur-Rahman : I heard Anas bin Malik describing the Prophet saying, "He was of medium height amongst the people, neither tall nor short; he had a rosy colour, neither absolutely white nor deep brown; his hair was neither completely curly nor quite lank. Divine Inspiration was revealed to him when he was forty years old. He stayed ten years in Mecca receiving the Divine Inspiration, and stayed in Medina for ten more years. When he expired, he had scarcely twenty white hairs in his head and beard." Rabi'a said, "I saw some of his hairs and it was red. When I asked about that, I was told that it turned red because of scent."

Volume 004, Book 056, Hadith Number 748.

Narated By Anas : Allah's Apostle was neither very tall nor short, neither absolutely white nor deep brown. His hair was neither curly nor lank. Allah sent him (as an Apostle) when he was forty years old. Afterwards he resided in Mecca for ten years and in Medina for ten more years. When Allah took him unto Him, there was scarcely twenty white hairs in his head and beard.

Volume 004, Book 056, Hadith Number 749.

Narated By Al-Bara : Allah's Apostle was the handsomest of all the people, and had the best appearance. He was neither very tall nor short.

Volume 004, Book 056, Hadith Number 750.

Narated By Qatada : I asked Anas, "Did the Prophet use to dye (his) hair?" He said, "No, for there were only a few white hairs on his temples."

Volume 004, Book 056, Hadith Number 751.

Narated By Al-Bara : The Prophet was of moderate height having broad shoulders (long) hair reaching his ear-lobes. Once I saw him in a red cloak and I had never seen a more handsome than him."

Volume 004, Book 056, Hadith Number 752.

Narated By Abu Ishaq : Al-Bara' was asked, "Was the face of the Prophet (as bright) as a sword?" He said, "No, but (as bright) as a moon."

Volume 005, Book 059, Hadith Number 432.

Narated By Al-Bara : When it was the day of Al-Ahzab (i.e. the clans) and Allah's Apostle dug the trench, I saw him carrying earth out of the trench till dust made the skin of his abdomen out of my sight and he was a hairy man. I heard him reciting the poetic verses composed by Ibn Rawaha while he was carrying the earth, "O Allah! Without You we would not have been guided, nor would we have given in charity, nor would we have prayed. So, (O Allah), please send Sakina (i.e. calmness) upon us and make our feet firm if we meet the enemy, as they have rebelled against us. And if they intend affliction (i.e. want to frighten us, and fight against us) then we would not (flee but withstand them)." The Prophet would then prolong his voice at the last words.

Volume 007, Book 072, Hadith Number 787.

Narated By Anas bin Malik : The Prophet was neither conspicuously tall, nor short; neither, very white, nor tawny. His hair was neither much curled, nor very straight. Allah sent him (as an Apostle) at the age of forty (and after that) he stayed for ten years in Mecca, and for ten more years in Medina. Allah took him unto Him at the age of sixty, and he scarcely had ten white hairs on his head and in his beard.

Volume 007, Book 072, Hadith Number 788.

Narated By Al-Bara' : I did not see anybody in a red cloak looking more handsome than the Prophet Narrated Malik: The hair of the Prophet used to hang near his shoulders. Narrated Shu'ba: The hair of the Prophet used to hang down to the earlobes.

Volume 007, Book 072, Hadith Number 791.

Narated By Qatada : I asked Anas bin Malik about the hair of Allah's Apostle. He said, "The hair of Allah's Apostle was neither much straight, nor much curly, and it used to hang down till between his shoulders and his earlobes.

Volume 007, Book 072, Hadith Number 792.

Narated By Anas : The Prophet had big hands, and I have never seen anybody like him after him. The hair of the Prophet was wavy, neither curly nor straight.

Volume 007, Book 072, Hadith Number 793.

Narated By Anas : The Prophet had big hands and feet, and I have not seen anybody like him, neither before nor after him, and his palms were soft.

Volume 007, Book 072, Hadith Number 794.

Narated By Abu Huraira : The Prophet had big feet and a good-looking face and l have not seen anybody like him after him. Narrated Anas: The Prophet had big feet and hands. Narrated Anas or Jabir bin 'Abdullah The Prophet had big hands and feet and I have not seen anybody like him after him.

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks

MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's

Old 06-11-2016, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
I have not ever heard nor read that hadithl

As for any pnysical description of Muhammad(saws) we are not to attempt to make a images of him or any other person. The description of him in the ahadith are quite vague and it probably is not likely we can determine much from them
Did you read all the hadith you listed. This is from your listing;

Saheeh Bukhari
Volume 004, Book 056, Hadith Number 744.
Narated By Isma'il bin Abi Khalid : I heard Abii Juhaifa saying, "I saw the Prophet, and Al-Hasan bin 'Ali resembled him." I said to Abu- Juhaifa, "Describe him for me." He said, "He was white and his beard was black with some white hair. He promised to give us 13 young she-camels, but he expired before we could get them."

Saheeh Muslim
Book 030, Hadith Number 5778.
Abu Tufail reported: I saw Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) and there is one amongst the people of the earth who (are living at the present time and) had seen him except me. I said to him: How did you find him? He said: He had an elegant white colour, and he was of an average height.

Book 030, Hadith Number 5777.
-----------------------------
Jurairi reported: I said to Abu Tufail: Did you see Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him)? He said: Yes, he had a white handsome face. Muslim b. Hajjaj said: Abu Tufail who died in 100 Hijra was the last of the Companions of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him).

If one is a believer of the Ahadith, then from the above it would seem there is sufficient evidence to claim that Muhammad was likely to be 'white.'
Thus Muhammad is likely to be genetically European or of those of European stock.
This imply Muhammad was not genetically an Arab who basically are brown.

Agree?

Old 06-11-2016, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
I have not ever heard nor read that hadith
But you cannot deny Book 63 of Bukhari quoted by Wood do not exists.
Here it is;
Bukhari :: Book 1 :: Volume 3 :: Hadith 63
Narrated Anas bin Malik:

While we were sitting with the Prophet in the mosque, a man came riding on a camel. He made his camel kneel down in the mosque, tied its foreleg and then said: "Who amongst you is Muhammad?" At that time the Prophet was sitting amongst us (his companions) leaning on his arm.
We replied, "This white man reclining on his arm."
The an then addressed him, "O Son of 'Abdul Muttalib."
Bukhari :: Knowledge :: [1.3.63]
I believe the other hadiths quoted by Wood are also in the Hadith.

If you believe in the Ahadith, surely you accept that Bukhari's hadith are authentic.

Personally I do believe the Ahadith carry any divine authority and the sole authority of Islam rest on the Quran alone and nothing else.

Old 06-12-2016, 02:46 AM

2,050 posts, read 661,767 times
Dtnah Koutaiba bin Said and Abu Bakr ibn Abi Shaybah and Amr critic and Zuhair ibn Harb and pronunciation of Koutaiba They told us Sufian bin appointment for syphilis for Saeed bin Musayyib from Abu Hurayrah said a man from Bani Fazarah came to the Prophet, peace be upon him, he said that my wife was born a boy, Black said the Prophet God's peace be upon him Do you Ebel said yes he said what colors he Hamar said is it of securities he said that where the Orka said How then Otaha it said may be that removed a sweat, said this may be that removed a sweat and told of Isaac, the son of Abraham and Mohammed bin Rafie Abdul bin Hamid son Rafe said to us and said the other two were told Abdul Razak told us Muammar h and told me my son Rafe narrated by Ibn Abi Vedic told us Ibn Abi all wolf from syphilis, this attribution about Ibn Uyaynah However, in an interview with Muammar said: O Messenger of God was born my wife, boy, black, which then displays that denies, and has increased in the last talk was not authorized to him in Alantvae

Old 06-15-2016, 01:19 AM

5,733 posts, read 4,636,428 times
Ha! Don't tell the NOI that - they may turn white.

Old 06-15-2016, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
Ha! Don't tell the NOI that - they may turn white.
Good one. You should be a stand up comedian or be a writer for them.

Old 06-15-2016, 02:24 AM

5,667 posts, read 2,870,063 times
Could that not mean he was an albino?

Old 06-15-2016, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Could that not mean he was an albino?
Cannot be, because elsewhere in the Ahadith it was reported Muhammad had long dark hair. Muhammad participated in many caravan raids and some battles in the Arabian Desert and this would be tough for an albino even if they covered all up and there were no sunglasses then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or