U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2016, 12:58 AM

3,166 posts, read 1,036,278 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
After today's shooting in Orlando a friend of mine texted me that the shooter choose the gay night club because Islam and the Quran teach Homosexuals should be killed. I don't know anything about Islam.
Islam is whatever is described as Islam in the Qur'an, and perfected when the revelation of the Qur'an was complete.

Any hadith books were written at least 150 years later and are not approved by the Qur'an, Allah or even the messenger of Allah.

The Qur'an does not tell Muslims to kill the homosexuals. The Qur'an does tell us that Lot's people were homosexuals and were destroyed in an earthquake for their such behavior.

In other words, it is up to Allah to do something for their behavior and not Muslims. There is no law in the Qur'an that requires Muslims to kill homosexuals. The consequences of the Qur'anic story is that WE are not to do homosexual act rather than kill those who do it.

The only case I have known during my childhood in an Islamic country was when a married man did this act with another man after telling him that he may do it too in return but did not keep his promise. So the other man made it known to others. The matter went to an Islamic judge (Mufti) of the area and he decided that the guilty guy should feed a number of poor people and not to do it again. There was no order to kill the man for his homosexual behavior.

Old 06-13-2016, 07:20 AM

1,601 posts, read 750,644 times
"Hadith are second only to the Quran in developing Islamic jurisprudence,[4] and regarded as important tools for understanding the Quran and commentaries (tafsir) written on it. Some important elements of traditional Islam, such as the five salat prayers, are mentioned in hadith."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hadith

Because the hadiths tell about Muhammed having sex with a child, owning and trading slaves, attacking unarmed villages with his 'army' and slaughtering the men and boys and then mass raping women and girls and then enslaving them or selling them, and many other evil things....some Muslims try to downplay the hadiths and claim verses that make Islam sound bad are 'unreliable'.

Old 06-13-2016, 07:23 AM

2,371 posts, read 1,500,940 times
Incompatible with Western secular liberal values - or what? The mere voicing of the same by the father - considering the circumstance suggests a lack of development ...

Orlando gunman

Old 06-13-2016, 07:32 AM

15,265 posts, read 12,566,166 times
Found this interesting.. Figuring out Radical Islam :: Middle East Forum

Old 06-13-2016, 08:00 AM

1,601 posts, read 750,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Also interesting:

FrontPage Magazine - What Islam Isn't

Old 06-13-2016, 01:01 PM

3,166 posts, read 1,036,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juju33312 View Post
"Hadith are second only to the Quran in developing Islamic jurisprudence,[4] and regarded as important tools for understanding the Quran and commentaries (tafsir) written on it. Some important elements of traditional Islam, such as the five salat prayers, are mentioned in hadith."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hadith
As I stated in my last post, hadith books and ahadith were written at least 150 years after Islam was perfected through the revelation of the Qur'an. Hadith books were not available during the first two centuries of Islam being perfected. Any deviation from the right path of Islam can be traced to hadith books being available.

How did they develop Islamic jurisprudence during those first 200 years? With only the Qur'an.

How did they know that there are five salat prayers in a day during those first 150 years after the revelation of the Qur'an? Because of the Qur'an.

How does one understand the Qur'an? By studying the Qur'an. Everything needed to be in Islam is explained in the Qur'an. That's how it was perfected.

Hadith books do not make anyone understand the Qur'an but misunderstand both the Qur'an and Islam because these books are not approved by Allah, His messenger or the Qur'an.

In fact, the Qur'an tells us not to believe any other hadith after the Hadith of Allah (the Qur'an), the best Hadith.

[39.23] Allah has revealed the best Hadith, a book conformable in its various parts, repeating, whereat do shudder the skins of those who fear their Lord, then their skins and their hearts become pliant to the remembrance of Allah; this is Allah's guidance, He guides with it whom He pleases; and (as for) him whom Allah makes err, there is no guide for him.

Many Muslims have gone astray simply because they have forsaken the Qur'an, the best Hadith, and begun to believe and rely on inferior hadith books. This was actually predicted in the Qur'an long before the judgment day when the Messenger will cry on the behavior of his people forsaking the Qur'an:

[25.30] And the Messenger cried out: O my Lord! Surely my people have treated this Qur'an as a forsaken thing.

They were told not to believe any other hadith after the Qur'an:

[45.6] These are the ayat of Allah which We recite to you with truth; then in what hadith would they believe after Allah and His ayat?

[77.50] In what hadith, then, after it, will they believe?

Allah sent these ayat (verses of the Qur'an) because He did not want them to believe in any other hadith after the Qur'an.

You cannot learn about Islam from wikipedia or hadith books but only from the Qur'an.

Quote:
Because the hadiths tell about Muhammed having sex with a child, owning and trading slaves, attacking unarmed villages with his 'army' and slaughtering the men and boys and then mass raping women and girls and then enslaving them or selling them, and many other evil things....some Muslims try to downplay the hadiths and claim verses that make Islam sound bad are 'unreliable'.
What is written in the hadith books are not "verses" but most of what you describe here is nonsense never approved by Allah, Messenger or the Qur'an. Hadith books are not from Allah but from men who never lived even close to the messenger. They had no authority from Allah to write these books.

Old 06-13-2016, 01:25 PM

11,174 posts, read 10,991,690 times
Thread temporarily closed pending moderator consideration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or