U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2016, 08:34 AM

1,601 posts, read 767,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Are you aware that not all the RECENT MIDDLE EASTERN REFUGEES are Muslim.
Which of the other RECENT MIDDLE EASTERN REFUGEES are slaughtering innocent people in the name of their ideology? Which other RECENT MIDDLE EASTERN REFUGEES are mass raping women, bringing in children as wives, rioting, etc?

Sweden: est 77% of rapes committed by 2% Muslim male population – Crime statistics

Europe’s Muslim rape epidemic: ‘Cologne is every day’

Germany: Muslim migrants linked to 69,000 crimes in first three months of 2016

Belgium: 35% of prison population is Muslim, who make up only 6% of population

Brussels: 90% of Muslim teens call jihad murderers heroes

Nigeria’s Anti-Christian Jihad in Numbers: 11,500 Dead, 13,000 Churches Destroyed

Sweden: 2015 Muslim hordes to cost 14x the National Defence budget

Germany: Merkel Muslim crimes increased by 79% in 2015, or 208,344 incidents

Germany: Merkel creates a €1 Bn shortfall in health services by 2017 due to Muslim migrant policy

Muslim migrant ‘crisis’ (hijrah Jihad) to cost Germany €50 Bn by 2017

UK: Muslims fill 44% of high security prisons, out of a 5% Muslim population

Only 33% of Muslims in India work

Sweden is forced to apply for EU emergency aid to afford basic needs for Muslim ‘refugees’

Denmark: Muslim men most likely to be criminals – Report

Germany: Statistics show majority of Muslim ‘refugees’ will never work

Toronto Sun reported that “hundreds of [Greater Toronto Area] Muslim men in polygamous marriages — some with a harem of wives — are receiving welfare and social benefits for each of their spouses

UK: Muslim men are having ’20 children each’ because of polygamy

Germany: Public is kept in the dark about Muslim migrant crime wave – Association of Criminal Police

Shall I go on?

And the Muslim terrorist attacks against the west are coming faster and faster now. Some examples:

Just yesterday: GERMANY BOMB HORROR: 12 injured as Syrian asylum seeker blows himself up outside wine bar ... Syrian suicide bomber had recorded video on his phone pledging allegiance to Islam before blowing himself up, injuring 12

2016.07.19 France Garda-Colombe 0 4 A mother and her three young daughters are stabbed by a Muslim man during breakfast for not being sufficiently clothed.

2016.07.18 Germany Wuerzburg 0 5 A 'refugee' with an axe hacks at people on a train while screaming 'Allah Akbar'.

2016.07.14 France Nice 84 202 A Muslim migrant mows down eighty-four Bastille Day revellers (including ten children) with a truck while shouting praises to Allah.

2016.06.30 Israel Netanya 0 2 A mother shopping for her daughter's wedding dress is among two civilians stabbed by Muslim terrorists.

2016.06.30 Israel Kiryat Arba 1 1 A 13-year-old girl is stabbed to death in her bedroom by a Muslim terrorist.

And there are dozens more MUSLIM terrorist attacks in the middle east. Shall I list them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2016, 10:41 AM

1,706 posts, read 1,511,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
I am always accused of reading Islam or Muslims hate sites and I note there is a prevalent reference to "Islam or Muslims Hate Sites."

I note whichever sites that said something that is not in favor of Islam are condemned as a "Islam or Muslims Hate Site." I view those sites [most*] that do not speak favorably of Islam [the ideology] as sites that are critical and critiques of Islam [not Muslims btw].
* there may be sites that condemned Islam blindly and baselessly and are not based on intellectual criticisms, but these are rare and so obvious no critical and rational person will bother with them.

On the other hand I do not read of many Buddhists, Taoists, Hindus, etc., [except rare ones] complaining endlessly of hate sites against their respective religions. Where there are anti-Buddhists, anti-Taoist sites, they are mostly [if not all] are from Muslims who are arrogant their Islam prevails over all other religions per Quran 9:33

Can any one justify on what basis is a site condemned and deserved the name as a "Islam or Muslims Hate Site"?
I am a critic of all religions. I am most critical of Islam because of the size of its membership and the level of problems its doctrine cause globally. But criticizing an ideology, especially a religious ideology, is kind of tricky. I turn thumbs down on any religious criticism that just barks out some thoughtless pronouncement, something like "Islam is for morons". There is no reasoning there. I figure it must be a 14 year-old shouting mindlessly via a computer keyboard. Then there are those who are critical of Muslims more than the religious belief. I give those a big thumbs down and usually a response, for they express bigotry. Then there are those people who are on the other side of the coin. They think that a criticism of Islam is a criticism of Muslims. They too get the Galileo Smith thumbs down and often a response. Ideologies are fair game be they a political party, a social organization like Greenpeace, or a religion. It's generally hands off their peaceful, law-abiding followers.

Old 07-25-2016, 11:59 AM

15,511 posts, read 13,426,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juju33312 View Post
Which of the other RECENT MIDDLE EASTERN REFUGEES are slaughtering innocent people in the name of their ideology? Which other RECENT MIDDLE EASTERN REFUGEES are mass raping women, bringing in children as wives, rioting, etc?

Sweden: est 77% of rapes committed by 2% Muslim male population – Crime statistics

Europe’s Muslim rape epidemic: ‘Cologne is every day’

Germany: Muslim migrants linked to 69,000 crimes in first three months of 2016

Belgium: 35% of prison population is Muslim, who make up only 6% of population

Brussels: 90% of Muslim teens call jihad murderers heroes

Nigeria’s Anti-Christian Jihad in Numbers: 11,500 Dead, 13,000 Churches Destroyed

Sweden: 2015 Muslim hordes to cost 14x the National Defence budget

Germany: Merkel Muslim crimes increased by 79% in 2015, or 208,344 incidents

Germany: Merkel creates a €1 Bn shortfall in health services by 2017 due to Muslim migrant policy

Muslim migrant ‘crisis’ (hijrah Jihad) to cost Germany €50 Bn by 2017

UK: Muslims fill 44% of high security prisons, out of a 5% Muslim population

Only 33% of Muslims in India work

Sweden is forced to apply for EU emergency aid to afford basic needs for Muslim ‘refugees’

Denmark: Muslim men most likely to be criminals – Report

Germany: Statistics show majority of Muslim ‘refugees’ will never work

Toronto Sun reported that “hundreds of [Greater Toronto Area] Muslim men in polygamous marriages — some with a harem of wives — are receiving welfare and social benefits for each of their spouses

UK: Muslim men are having ’20 children each’ because of polygamy

Germany: Public is kept in the dark about Muslim migrant crime wave – Association of Criminal Police

Shall I go on?

And the Muslim terrorist attacks against the west are coming faster and faster now. Some examples:

Just yesterday: GERMANY BOMB HORROR: 12 injured as Syrian asylum seeker blows himself up outside wine bar ... Syrian suicide bomber had recorded video on his phone pledging allegiance to Islam before blowing himself up, injuring 12

2016.07.19 France Garda-Colombe 0 4 A mother and her three young daughters are stabbed by a Muslim man during breakfast for not being sufficiently clothed.

2016.07.18 Germany Wuerzburg 0 5 A 'refugee' with an axe hacks at people on a train while screaming 'Allah Akbar'.

2016.07.14 France Nice 84 202 A Muslim migrant mows down eighty-four Bastille Day revellers (including ten children) with a truck while shouting praises to Allah.

2016.06.30 Israel Netanya 0 2 A mother shopping for her daughter's wedding dress is among two civilians stabbed by Muslim terrorists.

2016.06.30 Israel Kiryat Arba 1 1 A 13-year-old girl is stabbed to death in her bedroom by a Muslim terrorist.

And there are dozens more MUSLIM terrorist attacks in the middle east. Shall I list them?

Could very well be you are looking at cases to selected statistics geared to validate a preconceived conclusion.

Using the stats regarding Sweden as an example. Rape reports in Sweden began sky-rocketing in 1975 as a result of Sweden redefining legal description of Rape.

https://www.quora.com/Why-are-there-...t-of-the-world

Although the reports are astronomical, convictions are rare

https://www.greennet.org.uk/network/...-record-europe

The question arises Why is it that convictions are more likely if the accused is Muslim and non-Muslim are not likely to be convicted?

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks

MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's

Old 07-25-2016, 03:00 PM

2,050 posts, read 679,945 times
Quote:
Could very well be you are looking at cases to selected statistics geared to validate a preconceived conclusion.

Using the stats regarding Sweden as an example. Rape reports in Sweden began sky-rocketing in 1975 as a result of Sweden redefining legal description of Rape.

https://www.quora.com/Why-are-there-...t-of-the-world

Although the reports are astronomical, convictions are rare

https://www.greennet.org.uk/network/...-record-europe

The question arises Why is it that convictions are more likely if the accused is Muslim and non-Muslim are not likely to be convicted?
Westerners believed that Muslims can integrate into Western societies
This is not true
Because the Muslim always longed to his law and considers it the best
For that conveys some of the provisions of his law with him to the West
With the passage of time demanding the application of laws
So Islam and Muslims can not integrate into Western societies
The best example of his Turkey
After the First World War had been canceled the Islamic Ottoman + system and the establishment of a Turkish secular regime
But with the return of health and wellness to the Turks returned to the Islamic religious origins
The Turks of the most adherent of the Islamic peoples in the Islamic religion
And their hatred to other religions
The same logic applies to Muslim immigrants
And it added that Muslims believe in the breeding and reproduction as a means to impose their hegemony and power
This is happening now in Europe and elsewhere and add to that win people who suffer from psychological crises to Islam
The Muslims also used oil money to spread the faith
Saudi Arabia supports all build large Alhawwama in Europe, America and Canada Activities
And also finance the construction of Islamic schools
Lying and camouflage the fact that the teachings of Islam, terror and racism, which spread hate

Old 07-25-2016, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahasn sawresho View Post
This is not true
Because the Muslim always longed to his law and considers it the best
For that conveys some of the provisions of his law with him to the West
With the passage of time demanding the application of laws
So Islam and Muslims can not integrate into Western societies
The best example of his Turkey
After the First World War had been canceled the Islamic Ottoman + system and the establishment of a Turkish secular regime
But with the return of health and wellness to the Turks returned to the Islamic religious origins
The Turks of the most adherent of the Islamic peoples in the Islamic religion
And their hatred to other religions
The same logic applies to Muslim immigrants
And it added that Muslims believe in the breeding and reproduction as a means to impose their hegemony and power
This is happening now in Europe and elsewhere and add to that win people who suffer from psychological crises to Islam
The Muslims also used oil money to spread the faith
Saudi Arabia supports all build large Alhawwama in Europe, America and Canada Activities
And also finance the construction of Islamic schools
Lying and camouflage the fact that the teachings of Islam, terror and racism, which spread hate

Although the demographics are changing the majority of American Muslims were born here and have ancestors here dating back to before the Civil War and earlier. Very few American Muslims have any ties to Saudi or the Mideast. Most (about 2/3 ) Arab Americans are Christian, not Muslim.

Old 07-25-2016, 03:45 PM

3,215 posts, read 1,074,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahasn sawresho View Post
This is not true
mahasn sawresho,

What do you mean by "integrate"?

What do Muslims have to do to "integrate" into Western societies?

Give me a few lessons so that I can "integrate" into the Western society in which I have been living for more than half a century.

.................................................. .................................................. ..............

Woodrow LI,

Is this guy, mahasn sawresho, making no sense or you and I can never integrate into a Western society?

Old 07-25-2016, 03:57 PM

3,215 posts, read 1,074,978 times
The discussion on demand of “welfare” in USA began here and carried on something like this:

Quote:
I care because Muslims come here and demand welfare and set up terrorist training camps and plan terrorist attacks.
(This was accusation of “Muslims” coming to USA and demanding welfare)

(I responded with the following comment)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalif View Post
As for the welfare, there are far less Muslims demanding it in your country than are the number of non-Muslims doing that in YOUR country.
(juju33312 realizing her clanger, changed the context from “Muslims” to the “RECENT MIDDLE EASTERN REFUGEES”)
Quote:
(When reminded by Woodrow LI):

Quote:
Are you aware that not all the RECENT MIDDLE EASTERN REFUGEES are Muslim.
(She changes her tune again from “welfare” in USA to “slaughtering innocent people” (in USA?), “mass raping women” (in USA?), “bringing in children as wives” (in USA?) and “rioting” (in USA?)

Quote:
Woodrow LI,

Claim of “Muslims” demanding welfare in USA was just to spread hate against Muslims in the USA. She stooped so low in that claim that she used Middle Eastern refugees to make people believe that all refugees coming to USA are Muslims demanding welfare and setting up terrorist camps.
Therefore, her real purpose is not to talk about the welfare benefits or even refugees but to spread hate against Muslims because they are Muslims and in Islam. It is obviously hate against the entire group of people irrespective of whether they demand welfare benefits in USA or not.

Old 07-25-2016, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalileoSmith View Post
I am a critic of all religions. I am most critical of Islam because of the size of its membership and the level of problems its doctrine cause globally. But criticizing an ideology, especially a religious ideology, is kind of tricky. I turn thumbs down on any religious criticism that just barks out some thoughtless pronouncement, something like "Islam is for morons". There is no reasoning there. I figure it must be a 14 year-old shouting mindlessly via a computer keyboard. Then there are those who are critical of Muslims more than the religious belief. I give those a big thumbs down and usually a response, for they express bigotry. Then there are those people who are on the other side of the coin. They think that a criticism of Islam is a criticism of Muslims. They too get the Galileo Smith thumbs down and often a response. Ideologies are fair game be they a political party, a social organization like Greenpeace, or a religion. It's generally hands off their peaceful, law-abiding followers.

One thing many do not understand, Islam is not organized. Islam is quite individual with no ordained clergy, no religious hierarchy and no central leader. We do not pay dues or tithes to some mysterious chief bigwig, we do not have any central authority that builds Mosques or assigns Imams. Every Muslim has his own personal mosque, which is the area covered by his prayer rug when he prays. No building required. No ordained clergy required as all Muslims are clergy and considered equal. No living Muslim has any religious authority over any other Muslim. The oldest and/or most knowledgeable Sheikh has no more religious authority than a new born baby. But we are Human and among us we do have our share of lazy, worthless idiots that refuse to search and blindly follow vile, evil despots that claim some level of religious leadership. Any Muslim who blindly follows any human religious leader, is an idiot and is not performing Islam, which demands personal responsibility and sincere investigating of what one believes. Islam is not for blind followers or those that do not question all things.

Old 07-25-2016, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Although the demographics are changing the majority of American Muslims were born here and have ancestors here dating back to before the Civil War and earlier. Very few American Muslims have any ties to Saudi or the Mideast. Most (about 2/3 ) Arab Americans are Christian, not Muslim.
Why is that?

"Anyone not Muslim is the focus of a lot of negative attention in many of these (Muslim) countries," he said. "They are not able to live out their lives as they did in the past, and minorities are persecuted. You'll also see Muslim-on-Muslim violence where Christians get caught in the middle. Eventually they choose to leave these situations. That trend has given the U.S. a high percentage of Arab Christians."

Roy Oksnevad, director of the Department of Ministries to Muslims at Wheaton College

Old 07-25-2016, 04:58 PM

Quote:
One thing many do not understand, Islam is not organized. Islam is quite individual with no ordained clergy, no religious hierarchy and no central leader. We do not pay dues or tithes to some mysterious chief bigwig, we do not have any central authority that builds Mosques or assigns Imams. Every Muslim has his own personal mosque, which is the area covered by his prayer rug when he prays. No building required. No ordained clergy required as all Muslims are clergy and considered equal. No living Muslim has any religious authority over any other Muslim. The oldest and/or most knowledgeable Sheikh has no more religious authority than a new born baby. But we are Human and among us we do have our share of lazy, worthless idiots that refuse to search and blindly follow vile, evil despots that claim some level of religious leadership. Any Muslim who blindly follows any human religious leader, is an idiot and is not performing Islam, which demands personal responsibility and sincere investigating of what one believes. Islam is not for blind followers or those that do not question all things.
The leader of Islam is allah and the ideology is straight from the quran, the unchangeable and direct word from your god. The law is Shariah, and the prophet and perfect example of conduct is muhammed per allah. The hadiths tell what muhammed did and said. That's pretty darn organized. There is a wide range of Muslim politicians, from theocratic leaders such as Ruhollah Khomeini, dictators such as Saddam Hussain, and democratic leaders such as Benazir Bhutto and Mohammad Khatami.

Then there are the religious leaders:

Alim[edit]
(ʿĀlim). Ulama (/ˈuːləˌmɑː/; Arabic: علماء ʿUlamāʾ, singular عالِم ʿĀlim, "scholar", literally "the learned ones", also spelled ulema; female is alimah (singular) and uluma (plural)), is defined as "those recognized as scholars or authorities" in the "religious hierarchy" of the Islamic religious sciences.

Allamah[edit]
Main article: Allamah
Allamah is an honorary and prestigious title carried by only the very highest scholars of Islamic thought, jurisprudence, and philosophy. It is used as an honorific in Sunni Islam as well as in Shia Islam.

Almami[edit]
Main article: Almami
"Almami" is a title of West African Muslim rulers, used especially in the conquest states of the 19th century.

Caliph[edit]
Main article: Caliph
Caliph was first used for Abu Bakr, who was elected head of the Muslim community after Muhammad's death.

Imam[edit]
Main article: Imam
Imam is an Arabic word meaning "Leader". The ruler of a country might be called the Imam, for example. The term, however, has important connotations in the Islamic tradition especially in Shia Beliefs . In Sunni belief, the term is used for the founding scholars of the four Sunni madhhabs, or schools of religious jurisprudence (fiqh).

Grand Imam[edit]
Main article: Grand Imam of Al-Azhar
The "Grand Imam" or "Imam of imams" (Arabic: الإمام الأكبر) of the Al-Azhar Mosque and Al-Azhar University is a prestigious Sunni Islam title and a prominent official title in Egypt. It is considered by some Muslims to indicate the highest authority in Sunni Islam for Islamic jurisprudence, The grand Imam holds a great influence on followers of the theological Ash'ari and Maturidi traditions worldwide, while the defenders of the Athari and Salafi ideologies find their leaders in the Arabian Peninsula. The concept of IMAM has its origins in the Quran. Hazrat Ibrahim was promoted as Imam after his successful sacrifice. Every person at the day of judgement will also be called by his Imam. And there is an Imam e Mubeen who encompasses the whole universe as per the teachings of the Holy Book. Noble Imperial Sheik is the title for the Grand Imam of Al Hakika Mizaan Mizaani Sufi Order.

Grand Mufti[edit]
Main article: Grand Mufti
The title of "Grand Mufti" (Arabic: مفتي عام) refers to the highest official of religious law in Sunni Muslim community.[1][2]

Muezzin[edit]
Main article: Muezzin
Muezzin (the word is pronounced this way in Turkish, Urdu, etc.; in Arabic, it is muathi [mu-a-thin] مؤذن [mʊʔæðːɪn]) is any person at the mosque who makes the adhan, or athan (call to prayer) for the Friday prayer service and the five daily prayers, or salat. Some mosques have specific places for the adhan to be made from, such as a minaret or a designated area in the mosque. Major mosques usually have a person who is called the "servant of the mosque". He usually is the person who performs the athan. In the case of small mosques, the imam of the mosque would perform the athan.

Mujtahid[edit]
Main article: Mujtahid
An interpreter of the Qur'an and Hadith, the Islamic scriptures. These were traditionally Muftis who used interpretation (ijtihad) to clarify Islamic law, but in many modern secular contexts, Islamic law is no longer the law of the land. In that case, the traditional Mufti may well be replaced by a university or madrasa professor who informally functions as adviser to the local Muslim community in religious matters such as inheritance, divorce, etc.

Kyai[edit]
Kyai or Kiai is a title originally used in Javanese culture. Only a male person is called with this appellation. His wife is called 'nyai'. In early modern times it is mainly used for the headmaster of a pondok pesantren. However, nowadays it is common in Indonesia to call any elderly preacher from any cultural background with this title.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or