U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2016, 04:23 PM

3,167 posts, read 1,041,478 times

Advertisements

Continuum,

I have been been exchanging posts with you regarding "whom your right hand possess" but I have not gone into details as to what is meant by mā malakat aymānukum (translated as whom your right hand possess). Do you know what is meant by mā malakat aymānukum in Arabic?

Keep in mind that Arabic word for "your slave" is "Aibadikum" and for "captive" (prisoner of war) is "asra".

In the Arabic language (the language in which the Qur'an was revealed) "halal" (opposite of "haram") means lawful (opposite of unlawful) ) and "haram" means forbidden/prohibited/unlawful. Study the verses 4:22-25 very carefully as to which women are "haram" (unlawful) and which women are "halal" (lawful) in these verses. In particular, are mā malakat aymānukum forbidden (unlawful) or lawful?

[4.22-25] And marry not woman whom your fathers married, except what has already passed; this surely is indecent and hateful, and it is an evil way. Forbidden to you are your mothers and your daughters and your sisters and your paternal aunts and your maternal aunts and brothers' daughters and sisters' daughters and your mothers that have suckled you and your foster-sisters and mothers of your wives and your step-daughters who are in your guardianship, (born) of your wives to whom you have gone in, but if you have not gone in to them, there is no blame on you (in marrying them), and the wives of your sons who are of your own loins and that you should have two sisters together (in marriage), except what has already passed; surely Allah is Forgiving, Merciful. And all married women except mā malakat aymānukum (those whom your right hands possess) (this is) Allah's ordinance to you, and lawful for you are besides those, provided that you seek with your property, taking in marriage not committing fornication. Then as to those whom you profit by, give them their dowries as appointed; and there is no blame on you about what you mutually agree after what is appointed; surely Allah is Knowing, Wise. And whoever among you has not within his power ampleness of means to marry free believing women, then (he may marry) of mā malakat aymānukum (those whom your right hands possess) from among your believing maidens; and Allah knows best your faith: you are (sprung) the one from the other; so marry them with the permission of their masters, and give them their dowries justly, they being chaste, not fornicating, nor receiving paramours; and when they are taken in marriage, then if they are guilty of indecency, they shall suffer half the punishment which is (inflicted) upon free women. This is for him among you who fears falling into evil; and that you abstain is better for you, and Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2016, 10:12 PM

3,440 posts, read 1,587,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalif View Post
This is what is stated in the Qur'an:

[4.22-25] And marry not woman whom your fathers married, except what has already passed; this surely is indecent and hateful, and it is an evil way. Forbidden to you are your mothers and your daughters and your sisters and your paternal aunts and your maternal aunts and brothers' daughters and sisters' daughters and your mothers that have suckled you and your foster-sisters and mothers of your wives and your step-daughters who are in your guardianship, (born) of your wives to whom you have gone in, but if you have not gone in to them, there is no blame on you (in marrying them), and the wives of your sons who are of your own loins and that you should have two sisters together (in marriage), except what has already passed; surely Allah is Forgiving, Merciful. And all married women except those whom your right hands possess (this is) Allah's ordinance to you, and lawful for you are besides those, provided that you seek with your property, taking in marriage not committing fornication. Then as to those whom you profit by, give them their dowries as appointed; and there is no blame on you about what you mutually agree after what is appointed; surely Allah is Knowing, Wise. And whoever among you has not within his power ampleness of means to marry free believing women, then (he may marry) of those whom your right hands possess from among your believing maidens; and Allah knows best your faith: you are (sprung) the one from the other; so marry them with the permission of their masters, and give them their dowries justly, they being chaste, not fornicating, nor receiving paramours; and when they are taken in marriage, then if they are guilty of indecency, they shall suffer half the punishment which is (inflicted) upon free women. This is for him among you who fears falling into evil; and that you abstain is better for you, and Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.

YOU read it like this:

[4.22-25] And do not have sex with the woman whom your fathers had sex with, except what has already passed; this surely is indecent and hateful, and it is an evil way. Forbidden to you is to have sex with your mothers and your daughters and your sisters and your paternal aunts and your maternal aunts and brothers' daughters and sisters' daughters and your mothers that have suckled you and your foster-sisters and mothers of your wives and your step-daughters who are in your guardianship, (born) of your those to whom you have had sex with, but if you have not had sex with them, there is no blame on you (in having sex with them), and the wives of your sons who are of your own loins and that you should have sex with two sisters together, except what has already passed; surely Allah is Forgiving, Merciful. And (forbidden to you is to have sex with) all women who are having sex with another man except those whom your right hands possess (this is) Allah's ordinance to you, and lawful for you to have sex are besides those, provided that you seek with your property, taking them for sex and not committing fornication. Then as to those whom you enjoy sex by, give them their dowries as appointed; and there is no blame on you about what you mutually agree after what is appointed; surely Allah is Knowing, Wise. And whoever among you has not within his power ampleness of means to have sex with free believing women, then (have sex with) of those whom your right hands possess from among your believing maidens; and Allah knows best your faith: you are (sprung) the one from the other; so have sex with them with the permission of their masters, and give them their dowries justly, they being chaste, not fornicating, nor receiving paramours; and when they are being used for sex, then if they are guilty of indecency, they shall suffer half the punishment which is (inflicted) upon free women. This is for him among you who fears falling into evil; and that you abstain is better for you, and Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
That is the problem with your understanding. The above is your own interpretation not mine.

I argued that the topic of marriage in this context is by default include the element of sex and the morality of sex.

My reading is this;

4:15. As for those of your women who are guilty of lewdness, call to witness FOUR of you against them. And if they [the 4 witnesses] testify (to the truth of the allegation) then confine them [the guilty women] to the houses until death take them or (until) Allah appoint for them a way (through new legislation).

4:21. How can ye take it (back) after one of you hath gone in unto the other, and they have taken a strong pledge from you?

Note 4:15 and 4:21 incorporated the topic and sex as a moral issue and this element of sex is continued in 4:22-25.

[4.22] And marry not woman whom your fathers married, except what has already passed; this surely is indecent and hateful, and it is an evil way.

Note in 4:22 highlighted in the past Male Muslims even marry their mother or step-mother and obviously there was sex involved which Allah stated is immoral, indecent and hateful, and it is an evil way.
This element of sex is then implicitly carry forward to 4:23.

[4.23] Forbidden to you are your mothers and your daughters and your sisters and your paternal aunts and your maternal aunts and brothers' daughters and sisters' daughters and your mothers that have suckled you and your foster-sisters and mothers of your wives and your step-daughters who are in your guardianship, (born) of your wives to whom you have gone in, but if you have not gone in to them, there is no blame on you (in marrying them), and the wives of your sons who are of your own loins and that you should have two sisters together (in marriage), except what has already passed; surely Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.

In 4:23 the main issue is the morality of sex as in marriage. A Muslim cannot marry the above listed because the inevitable sex that is associated with marriage is immoral. Read carefully and you will note what is most critical is the element of sex not the element of marriage which is secondary in terms of morality.

[4.24] And all married women except those whom your right hands possess (this is) Allah's ordinance to you, and lawful for you are besides those, provided that you seek with your property, taking in marriage not committing fornication. Then as to those whom you profit by, give them their dowries as appointed; and there is no blame on you about what you mutually agree after what is appointed; surely Allah is Knowing, Wise.

In 4:24 in view on the critical and significant issue of sex [inevitable with marriage] Allah permit an exception, i.e. sex is permissible with slaves [what your right hand possess].
The main issue in this context of 4:15 to 4:25 is about the morality of sex and marriage is not the main issue. The main issue of marriage is dealt in other verses where the moral of sex is not the main issue.

[4:25] And whoever among you has not within his power ampleness of means to marry free believing women, then (he may marry) of those whom your right hands possess from among your believing maidens; and Allah knows best your faith: you are (sprung) the one from the other; so marry them with the permission of their masters, and give them their dowries justly, they being chaste, not fornicating, nor receiving paramours; and when they are taken in marriage, then if they are guilty of indecency, they shall suffer half the punishment which is (inflicted) upon free women. This is for him among you who fears falling into evil; and that you abstain is better for you, and Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.

4:25 refer to the those who cannot afford of marry free believing women.
It is not relevant for those who own slaves which presumably would be rich enough to marry free believing women.
For those who are not rich, the probably would not be able to own slaves thus has to pay slave owners to marry the slaves.

Allah recognize SOME men has high sex drives and when they are surrounded by slaves [purchased, owned, captured, etc.] it is very difficult to resist their natural instinctual sex drives. This is why 4:24 provided the exception.

Therefore the first part of 4:24 meant male Muslims cannot have sex with married women [not their spouse] except female slaves [owned, captured, etc.]

The reality is this perspective;
1. Muhammad authored the Quran
2. Muhammad had a high sex drive.
3. Muhammad had sex with many women including slaves and concubines'
4. 4:25 as an exception is based on Muhammad's understanding of his own high sex drive.

Last edited by Continuum; 06-29-2016 at 10:24 PM..

Old 06-29-2016, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Continuum,

I have been been exchanging posts with you regarding "whom your right hand possess" but I have not gone into details as to what is meant by mā malakat aymānukum (translated as whom your right hand possess). Do you know what is meant by mā malakat aymānukum in Arabic?

Keep in mind that Arabic word for "your slave" is "Aibadikum" and for "captive" (prisoner of war) is "asra".

In the Arabic language (the language in which the Qur'an was revealed) "halal" (opposite of "haram") means lawful (opposite of unlawful) ) and "haram" means forbidden/prohibited/unlawful. Study the verses 4:22-25 very carefully as to which women are "haram" (unlawful) and which women are "halal" (lawful) in these verses. In particular, are mā malakat aymānukum forbidden (unlawful) or lawful?
At this state I don't have an issue in understanding 'mā malakat aymānukum' in the context of 4:15-25.

Note, these are what is extracted from the dictionary;

ma
Whom

malakat مَلَكَتْ م ل ك
Miim-Lam-Kaf
to rule/command/reign, be capable, to control, power/authority, king, kingdom.

aymānukum أَيْمَانُكُمْ ى م ن
Ya-Miim-Nun
right side, right, right hand, oath, bless, lead to the right, be a cause of blessing, prosperous/fortunate/lucky.

In the 45++ English translations I refer to 'mā malakat aymānukum' is interpreted variously but the general theme is that which is within one's ownership, control, and rightfully owned i.e. slaves or captured slaves.
Note I believe 'rightfully owned' is more appropriate than 'right-hand possess' which is metaphorical.

In the context of 4:24 'mā malakat aymānukum' refers to female slaves that are legally purchased, owned or captured slaves within the control of the winners, thus lawful to have sex without marriage.

Old 06-29-2016, 11:02 PM

2,050 posts, read 663,513 times
===[quote]
Quote:
Continuum,

I think you do not know the Arabic language
Also you want to hide the facts
I submit to you the meanings of the word
Meaning the right اليمين of the ملك in the dictionary meanings Mosque
Source ملك
Nothing can be owned by its owner to act as he has extensive property,ملك

: (verb) ملك
he was seized in his ability to act in it what he wants,
The ملك of right: slaves
Those on the right: the people of Paradise

"Mothers of the Believers" launches the scholars on each woman held the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, then he went out.

According to the encyclopedia: Taken from the use of jurists that they want to "Mothers of the Believers" each woman held the

Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him and went out, and then he divorced her on the most correct.

Thus, from holding the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him did not come out they are not called the term "Mother of the Believers." It entered the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him on the face of concubinage, not on the face of the marriage, not so-called "Mother of the Believers" Kmarah Coptic. And it is taken from the verse in Surat parties {} and his wives are their mothers. is over.

It turned out that this is not Maria the Coptic mothers of the faithful because God's peace be upon him did not hold them. But apply them bore him Ibrahim, however they are not the mothers of the believers, it is not permissible to marry her after his death, peace be upon him. ==============

Her choice of companions and followers who came after them without a dissenting one of them, and he kept companions and Affiliates struggling for the sake of God and Atsron Balame, we do not know about one of them stopped at that.
============================

This is also the fatwa

And enjoy intercourse and other slave women known project before and after Islam, and to see the king of the provisions of the right see the fatwas: 2372.8720, 6186.26907.

The talk referred narrated by Tabarani in the East and Bayhaqi in his Sunan and Saeed Bin Mansour Daaraqutni: that the Prophet, peace be upon him came Hafsa home did not find them and they had gone out to her father's home, called the Marais him, and came Hafsa I knew the case, she said, O Messenger of God: in on my home and on my bed, he said: I am the families you secretly Vaktmih. Went down the verse: not deny what Allah has permitted you to prohibition {1}. In the term of the modern age at Daaraqutni: The Prophet, peace be upon him and entered the mother and son in the house of Maria Hafsa ... then stalk him. Hafiz said in summarizing Habeer: The total of these methods shows that originally the story. Oh. And talk, so to does not indicate a challenge to the Prophet, peace be upon him, the Prophet, peace be upon him but it was what it was to say to appease Wife Hafsa and not because he is an evil God forbid that.

Old 06-29-2016, 11:14 PM

"O Prophet, did not deny what Allah has permitted to you, seeking to please your wives and God Ghafooraa O Prophet did not deny what Allah has permitted to you, seeking to please your wives and Allah is Forgiving"
-----

It came in the interpretation of an admin increased in the science of interpretation / Jawzi (d. 597 AH) and ranked Checker
The verse: {not deny what God has permitted for you} descent into the cause of two opinions.

One of them: "The Hafsa went to her father speak with him, he sent the Prophet, peace be upon him to a slave, remained with him in the house of Hafsa, and it was the day when Aisha comes, she went back Hafsa, and found in her home, they made waiting to exit, and Gart very jealous. When he entered Hafsah said: I have seen of you had. God has Satna, said the Prophet, peace be upon him «God to Ordenk, and I Egypt you secretly Vahfezah», said: what is it? he said: «I bear witness that my concubine this Ali is haram B, you», and was Aisha and Hafsa Mtzahertyn the wives of the Prophet, peace be upon him, she started to Aisha, Hafsah, she said to her: Obhari, the Prophet, peace be upon him has been denied him his girl, "then this verse Aoufi Narrated Ibn Abbas. It was narrated from Omar about this sense, he said: "She said Hafsa: How to deprive you, a servant ?! swore to her that not closer, and he said to her:« not reminiscent of the one », I reminded him to Aisha, Valley that does not fall on the women of months," then this verse Aldhak said to her: "I do not remember to Aisha what I saw," I reminded him, Vgillt Aisha, and still a prophet of God so that the alliance can not closer, then this verse, and to this sense: he went Saeed bin Jubair, and Mujahid, and tender, PDF and plagiarized, and a fighter, and the majority is.

Old 06-29-2016, 11:16 PM

Note: concubinage in Islam is to take the owner of the nation, including confidential intimate partner cohabiting couples in Islamic law and that the terms and regulations of the law I will address them later, God willing,
We have named the nation selected by the owner of the confidentiality of his called "secret," "because it is the subject of delight, but he makes it in the event pleased with" exclusively, or more than others .. The purpose of concubinage is not just to satisfy the instincts of man, but also the rise of the nation to approximately a lot of rank the wife Free

Old 06-30-2016, 09:48 AM

3,167 posts, read 1,041,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
At this state I don't have an issue in understanding 'mā malakat aymānukum' in the context of 4:15-25.

Note, these are what is extracted from the dictionary;

ma
Whom

malakat مَلَكَتْ م ل ك
Miim-Lam-Kaf
to rule/command/reign, be capable, to control, power/authority, king, kingdom.

aymānukum أَيْمَانُكُمْ ى م ن
Ya-Miim-Nun
right side, right, right hand, oath, bless, lead to the right, be a cause of blessing, prosperous/fortunate/lucky.
Therefore, 'ma malakat aymanukum' cannot be slaves or captives as Arabic words for bought slave or captives in war are different and clearly stated in the Qur'an. This is why I had reminded you to keep in mind that Arabic word for "your slave" is "Aibadikum" and for "captive" (prisoner of war) is "asra".

Male slave is aibadikum and imaikum is female slave.

Quote:
In the 45++ English translations I refer to 'mā malakat aymānukum' is interpreted variously but the general theme is that which is within one's ownership, control, and rightfully owned i.e. slaves or captured slaves.
Slaves or captured slaves is interpretation and not translation. Arabic for "slaves" and "captures" is clear in the Qur'an as aibadikum (your male slaves), imaikum (your female slaves) and asra (captives). Therefore, there has to be some other reason for ma malakat aymanukum.

Quote:
Note I believe 'rightfully owned' is more appropriate than 'right-hand possess' which is metaphorical.
One can be "rightly owned" by God only. A person cannot rightly own another person. A person can be in care or guardianship of another but not owned.

Quote:
In the context of 4:24 'mā malakat aymānukum' refers to female slaves that are legally purchased, owned or captured slaves within the control of the winners, thus lawful to have sex without marriage.
In the Qur'an, "your female slaves" are clearly stated in Arabic as 'imaikum' (24:32).

[24.32] And marry those among you who are single and those who are fit among your male slaves and your female slaves (imaikum); if they are needy, Allah will make them free from want out of His grace; and Allah is Ample-giving, Knowing.

So what's difference in imaikum (female slaves) stated in the Qur'an (24:32) and mā malakat aymānukum that are also assumed to be female slaves?

[24.33] And let those who do not find the means to marry keep chaste until Allah makes them free from want out of His grace. And (as for) those who ask for a writing from "among those whom your right hands possess" ("mimā malakat aymānukum"), give them the writing if you know any good in them, and give them of the wealth of Allah which He has given you; and do not compel your slave girls to prostitution, when they desire to keep chaste, in order to seek the frail good of this world's life; and whoever compels them, then surely after their compulsion Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.

If slave girls/captives want to keep chaste, one can have sex with them only through marriage. They cannot be used as prostitutes.

Old 06-30-2016, 10:46 AM

[quote=Khalif;44598763]
Quote:
Therefore, 'ma malakat aymanukum' cannot be slaves or captives as Arabic words for bought slave or captives in war are different and clearly stated in the Qur'an. This is why I had reminded you to keep in mind that Arabic word for "your slave" is "Aibadikum" and for "captive" (prisoner of war) is "asra".

Read O Khalif
I have provided commentary on the books of Muslims
And you dodge
Muslims say that their meaning slaves and slaves
Islam would not reject slavery system
Muslims can have sex with slaves
Mohammed married the ملكة -right
What is the " of the ملكة right"? Did person must be married to have one of them? And how can you finalize it and get one, and it provides for the right hand of theملكة
the answer
If God Mujahideen Muslims appreciate the infidels warriors: the their men be ordered from murder or redemption or pardoned or slavery and made them slaves, and it will be due to choose one of these four to the Imam as he deems of interest in it.

As for women, they Barn slaves and the right of theملكة , and male children become slaves, and divides the leader and Imam of these veterans between the Mujahideen

Shinqiti may God have mercy on him, said: "The reason for slavery is disbelief, and the fight against Allah and His Messenger, if God appreciate Muslims who are striving everything, and their money and all their strength and what God gave them to be the word of God is supreme on the infidels: make them their own captives unless the ruler chooses or redemption because of the interests of the Muslims. "

"The statement Lights" (3/387).
They must not be married until Mujahid gets a king right, did not say a number of scholars this.

Third:

If you have a struggling nation or a slave, it is permissible for him to Aabiehma, and in both cases - the acquisition of the battle or from the sale - is not permissible for a man to slave until after they menstruate menstrual cycle knows the innocence of her womb in pregnancy, she was pregnant: he has to wait until she gives carry.

For Roaf bin Thabit Al-Ansari said: I heard the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him say on nostalgia he said, "is not permissible for a man who believes in Allah and the Last Day to irrigate one hundred planting other - means: Etienne pregnant - is not permissible for a man who believes in Allah and the Last Day that falls on woman from captivity until Aestbriha, is not permissible for a man who believes in Allah and the Last day to sell the asset, even divides. "

Narrated by Abu Dawood (2158), and classed Sheikh Albani in "Saheeh Abi Dawood" (1890)

the source
al -eslam -Question and Answer
Supervisor General Sheikh Mohammed Salih Al-Munajjid

Old 06-30-2016, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Don't try to pull a fast one me due to my handicap with Arabic.
Within the principles of linguistic there are always synonyms, i.e. similar words for the same thing but used in different context.
Therefore I am sure the referent 'slaves' owned by someone will be worded differently in the various context and "Aibadikum" is merely one general word and there are various synonyms for the referent 'slave'.
'ma malakat aymanukum' is definitely referring to slaves in the various context it is used in the Quran.

Note the various verses where the context of slave is applicable;
(1) Wain khiftum alla tuqsitoo fee alyatama fainkihoo ma taba lakum mina alnnisai mathna wathulatha warubaAAa fain khiftum alla taAAdiloo fawahidatan aw ma malakat aymanukum thalika adna alla taAAooloo
(سورة النساء, An-Nisaa, Chapter #4, Verse #3)

(2) Waalmuhsanatu mina alnnisai illa ma malakat aymanukum kitaba Allahi AAalaykum waohilla lakum ma waraa thalikum an tabtaghoo biamwalikum muhsineena ghayra musafiheena fama istamtaAAtum bihi minhunna faatoohunna ojoorahunna fareedatan wala junaha AAalaykum feema taradaytum bihi min baAAdi alfareedati inna Allaha kana AAaleeman hakeeman
(سورة النساء, An-Nisaa, Chapter #4, Verse #24)

(3) Waman lam yastatiAA minkum tawlan an yankiha almuhsanati almuminati famin ma malakat aymanukum min fatayatikumu almuminati waAllahu aAAlamu bieemanikum baAAdukum min baAAdin fainkihoohunna biithni ahlihinna waatoohunna ojoorahunna bialmaAAroofi muhsanatin ghayra masafihatin wala muttakhithati akhdanin faitha ohsinna fain atayna bifahishatin faAAalayhinna nisfu ma AAala almuhsanati mina alAAathabi thalika liman khashiya alAAanata minkum waan tasbiroo khayrun lakum waAllahu ghafoorun raheemun
(سورة النساء, An-Nisaa, Chapter #4, Verse #25)

(4) WaoAAbudoo Allaha wala tushrikoo bihi shayan wabialwalidayni ihsanan wabithee alqurba waalyatama waalmasakeeni waaljari thee alqurba waaljari aljunubi waalssahibi bialjanbi waibni alssabeeli wama malakat aymanukum inna Allaha la yuhibbu man kana mukhtalan fakhooran
(سورة النساء, An-Nisaa, Chapter #4, Verse #36)

(5) WaAllahu faddala baAAdakum AAala baAAdin fee alrrizqi fama allatheena fuddiloo biraddee rizqihim AAala ma malakat aymanuhum fahum feehi sawaon afabiniAAmati Allahi yajhadoona
(سورة النحل, An-Nahl, Chapter #16, Verse #71)

(6) Illa AAala azwajihim aw ma malakat aymanuhum fainnahum ghayru maloomeena
(سورة المؤمنون, Al-Muminoon, Chapter #23, Verse #6)

(7) Waqul lilmuminati yaghdudna min absarihinna wayahfathna furoojahunna wala yubdeena zeenatahunna illa ma thahara minha walyadribna bikhumurihinna AAala juyoobihinna wala yubdeena zeenatahunna illa libuAAoolatihinna aw abaihinna aw abai buAAoolatihinna aw abnaihinna aw abnai buAAoolatihinna aw ikhwanihinna aw banee ikhwanihinna aw banee akhawatihinna aw nisaihinna aw ma malakat aymanuhunna awi alttabiAAeena ghayri olee alirbati mina alrrijali awi alttifli allatheena lam yathharoo AAala AAawrati alnnisai wala yadribna biarjulihinna liyuAAlama ma yukhfeena min zeenatihinna watooboo ila Allahi jameeAAan ayyuha almuminoona laAAallakum tuflihoona
(سورة النور, An-Noor, Chapter #24, Verse #31)

(8) WalyastaAAfifi allatheena la yajidoona nikahan hatta yughniyahumu Allahu min fadlihi waallatheena yabtaghoona alkitaba mimma malakat aymanukum fakatiboohum in AAalimtum feehim khayran waatoohum min mali Allahi allathee atakum wala tukrihoo fatayatikum AAala albighai in aradna tahassunan litabtaghoo AAarada alhayati alddunya waman yukrihhunna fainna Allaha min baAAdi ikrahihinna ghafoorun raheemun
(سورة النور, An-Noor, Chapter #24, Verse #33)

(9) Ya ayyuha allatheena amanoo liyastathinkumu allatheena malakat aymanukum waallatheena lam yablughoo alhuluma minkum thalatha marratin min qabli salati alfajri waheena tadaAAoona thiyabakum mina alththaheerati wamin baAAdi salati alAAishai thalathu AAawratin lakum laysa AAalaykum wala AAalayhim junahun baAAdahunna tawwafoona AAalaykum baAAdukum AAala baAAdin kathalika yubayyinu Allahu lakumu alayati waAllahu AAaleemun hakeemun
(سورة النور, An-Noor, Chapter #24, Verse #58)

Daraba lakum mathalan min anfusikum hal lakum mimma malakat aymanukum min shurakaa fee ma razaqnakum faantum feehi sawaon takhafoonahum kakheefatikum anfusakum kathalika nufassilu alayati liqawmin yaAAqiloona
30:28

(11) Ya ayyuha alnnabiyyu inna ahlalna laka azwajaka allatee atayta ojoorahunna wama malakat yameenuka mimma afaa Allahu AAalayka wabanati AAammika wabanati AAammatika wabanati khalika wabanati khalatika allatee hajarna maAAaka waimraatan muminatan in wahabat nafsaha lilnnabiyyi in arada alnnabiyyu an yastankihaha khalisatan laka min dooni almumineena qad AAalimna ma faradna AAalayhim fee azwajihim wama malakat aymanuhum likayla yakoona AAalayka harajun wakana Allahu ghafooran raheeman
(سورة الأحزاب, Al-Ahzaab, Chapter #33, Verse #50)

(12) La yahillu laka alnnisao min baAAdu wala an tabaddala bihinna min azwajin walaw aAAjabaka husnuhunna illa ma malakat yameenuka wakana Allahu AAala kulli shayin raqeeban
(سورة الأحزاب, Al-Ahzaab, Chapter #33, Verse #52)

(13) La junaha AAalayhinna fee abaihinna wala abnaihinna wala ikhwanihinna wala abnai ikhwanihinna wala abnai akhawatihinna wala nisaihinna wala ma malakat aymanuhunna waittaqeena Allaha inna Allaha kana AAala kulli shayin shaheedan
(سورة الأحزاب, Al-Ahzaab, Chapter #33, Verse #55)

(14) Illa AAala azwajihim aw ma malakat aymanuhum fainnahum ghayru maloomeena
(سورة المعارج, Al-Ma'aarij, Chapter #70, Verse #30)
If you note all the verses above re ma malakat aymanuhum they generally refer to slaves in general or captured slaves in their respective context.
Note 33:50 is about sex and captured slaves.
33:50 O Prophet! Lo! We have made lawful unto thee thy wives unto whom thou hast paid their dowries, and those whom thy right hand possesseth of those whom Allah hath given thee as spoils of war,
and the daughters of thine uncle on the father's side and the daughters of thine aunts on the father's side, and the daughters of thine uncle on the mother's side and the daughters of thine aunts on the mother's side who emigrated with thee, and a believing woman if she give herself unto the Prophet and the Prophet desire to ask her in marriage - a privilege for thee only, not for the (rest of) believers -
We are Aware of that which We enjoined upon them concerning their wives and those whom their right hands possess - that thou mayst be free from blame, for Allah is ever Forgiving, Merciful.
Quote:
Slaves or captured slaves is interpretation and not translation. Arabic for "slaves" and "captures" is clear in the Qur'an as aibadikum (your male slaves), imaikum (your female slaves) and asra (captives). Therefore, there has to be some other reason for ma malakat aymanukum.
Don't try to bullsh:t. Note my explanation above in the context of the related verses I provided.

Quote:
One can be "rightly owned" by God only. A person cannot rightly own another person. A person can be in care or guardianship of another but not owned.
Don't bullsh:t again and conflate human rights standard with what is within the Quran-box. If the Quran sanction the purchase of slaves or captured slaves, that meant "owned" i.e. the life of the slave is within one's total control.

Quote:
In the Qur'an, "your female slaves" are clearly stated in Arabic as 'imaikum' (24:32).
Don't insult the Quran as if Allah is stupid and do not use synonyms for different context.

Quote:
[24.32] And marry those among you who are single and those who are fit among your male slaves and your female slaves (imaikum); if they are needy, Allah will make them free from want out of His grace; and Allah is Ample-giving, Knowing.

So what's difference in imaikum (female slaves) stated in the Qur'an (24:32) and mā malakat aymānukum that are also assumed to be female slaves?

[24.33] And let those who do not find the means to marry keep chaste until Allah makes them free from want out of His grace. And (as for) those who ask for a writing from "among those whom your right hands possess" ("mimā malakat aymānukum"), give them the writing if you know any good in them, and give them of the wealth of Allah which He has given you; and do not compel your slave girls to prostitution, when they desire to keep chaste, in order to seek the frail good of this world's life; and whoever compels them, then surely after their compulsion Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.

If slave girls/captives want to keep chaste, one can have sex with them only through marriage. They cannot be used as prostitutes.
Don't insult the Quran as if Allah is stupid and do not use synonyms for different context.

Old 06-30-2016, 10:56 PM

to-Continuum
I'm sorry
Provided evidence of the books of the Muslims
But our friend says that it is not the right
Thus, there are two possibilities
First he did not know Arabic well and this is does not understand the Koran alone
Or he was trying to deception and camouflage
Through the heart of Koranic meanings and misinformation
This technique is used to gain the simple people to Islam
For this reason
I offer it like it is
ملكة of the right means concubines and slaves
ملكة of the property
And right hand grip
Here i Send following question
Why not allow the woman to ملك of right of Muslims as men?????
Where is divine justice??????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or