Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2016, 12:28 AM

2,049 posts, read 1,065,161 times

Advertisements

O Children of Israel, remember My favor which I have bestowed upon you and fulfill My covenant [upon you] that I will fulfill your covenant [from Me], and be afraid of [only] Me.surat -al-bakra-40

Verse is the word of God to the children of Israel
He tells them
You fulfill Covenants
Even the fulfillment I'm also with you Covenants

the question is
What is the covenant between God and the children of Israel?????

Required logical answer
From the Koran
It is back to Israeli women or Torah
Because the Koran the word of God and him know his words
It does not have a special Balraschan in science

Old 07-27-2016, 09:02 AM

3,640 posts, read 39,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahasn sawresho View Post
Did the water come down from heaven
Or rain
When I need water to water Rhododendrons and Camellias in my garden, I use water that comes down from the sky. It was raining about ten minutes ago so I collected the rain water for my ericaceous plants.

Perhaps you do not understand the difference between half a dozen and six. How old are you?

Old 07-27-2016, 09:19 AM

Quote:
O Children of Israel, remember My favor which I have bestowed upon you and fulfill My covenant [upon you] that I will fulfill your covenant [from Me], and be afraid of [only] Me.surat -al-bakra-40

He tells them
You fulfill Covenants

the question is

Required logical answer
From the Koran
[2.40] O children of Israel! Call to mind My favor which I bestowed on you and be faithful to (your) covenant with Me, I will fulfill (My) covenant with you; and of Me, Me alone, should you be afraid.

Their side of the covenant: They will obey God.
His side of the covenant: I will be with you and you will inherit the holy land.

It was a two-way covenant. If they ever disobey, they have broken their side of the covenant.

Old 07-27-2016, 10:03 AM

1,601 posts, read 1,163,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalif View Post
[2.40] O children of Israel! Call to mind My favor which I bestowed on you and be faithful to (your) covenant with Me, I will fulfill (My) covenant with you; and of Me, Me alone, should you be afraid.

His side of the covenant: I will be with you and you will inherit the holy land.

It was a two-way covenant. If they ever disobey, they have broken their side of the covenant.
A problem. What if some or many people do not even believe in this god. You can't force belief. I can't force you to believe in Scientology. Never gonna happen. Should you be punished for that?

It is totally evil to try to force belief on people and then punish them when they do not believe and follow some stupid commands. You would HATE it of it was done to you.

Then we have your supposed god ranting on about all the torture he's doing and will be doing to all the many unbelievers/disbelievers. It's sickening and certainly inspires violence in Muslims against non-Muslims.

If your all powerful allah was so intent on owning the souls of all humans, why not just make us all Muslim. That would be NOTHING for such an all powerful being. But instead there is so much game playing and torture of souls. Horrible, never ending torture. Makes Hannibal Lecter look like a saint!!

Islam is so stinking evil!

And this:

The term "covenant" is of Latin origin (con venire), meaning a coming together. It presupposes two or more parties who come together to make a contract, agreeing on promises, stipulations, privileges, and responsibilities.

Covenant. - Definition and Meaning, Bible Dictionary

Show where this was a covenant. Where did the Children of Israel ask for this? And there should never be physical threats in an AGREEMENT!

Old 07-27-2016, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juju33312 View Post
A problem. What if some or many people do not even believe in this god. You can't force belief. I can't force you to believe in Scientology. Never gonna happen. Should you be punished for that?

It is totally evil to try to force belief on people and then punish them when they do not believe and follow some stupid commands. You would HATE it of it was done to you.

Then we have your supposed god ranting on about all the torture he's doing and will be doing to all the many unbelievers/disbelievers. It's sickening and certainly inspires violence in Muslims against non-Muslims.

If your all powerful allah was so intent on owning the souls of all humans, why not just make us all Muslim. That would be NOTHING for such an all powerful being. But instead there is so much game playing and torture of souls. Horrible, never ending torture. Makes Hannibal Lecter look like a saint!!

Islam is so stinking evil!

And this:

The term "covenant" is of Latin origin (con venire), meaning a coming together. It presupposes two or more parties who come together to make a contract, agreeing on promises, stipulations, privileges, and responsibilities.

Covenant. - Definition and Meaning, Bible Dictionary

Show where this was a covenant. Where did the Children of Israel ask for this? And there should never be physical threats in an AGREEMENT!
We are talking here of the covenant with Bani Israel. It is only mentioned in the Qur'an but its fuller details are in the OT. You may go and read all about threats too in there. Here is a sample:

Exodus 24:7
Then he took the Book of the Covenant and read it to the people. They responded, “We will do everything the Lord has said; we will obey.”

Leviticus 26:25-39
And I will bring the sword on you to avenge the breaking of the covenant. When you withdraw into your cities, I will send a plague among you, and you will be given into enemy hands. When I cut off your supply of bread, ten women will be able to bake your bread in one oven, and they will dole out the bread by weight. You will eat, but you will not be satisfied.

“‘If in spite of this you still do not listen to me but continue to be hostile toward me, then in my anger I will be hostile toward you, and I myself will punish you for your sins seven times over. You will eat the flesh of your sons and the flesh of your daughters. I will destroy your high places, cut down your incense altars and pile your dead bodies on the lifeless forms of your idols, and I will abhor you. I will turn your cities into ruins and lay waste your sanctuaries, and I will take no delight in the pleasing aroma of your offerings. I myself will lay waste the land, so that your enemies who live there will be appalled. I will scatter you among the nations and will draw out my sword and pursue you. Your land will be laid waste, and your cities will lie in ruins. Then the land will enjoy its sabbath years all the time that it lies desolate and you are in the country of your enemies; then the land will rest and enjoy its sabbaths. All the time that it lies desolate, the land will have the rest it did not have during the sabbaths you lived in it.

“‘As for those of you who are left, I will make their hearts so fearful in the lands of their enemies that the sound of a windblown leaf will put them to flight. They will run as though fleeing from the sword, and they will fall, even though no one is pursuing them. They will stumble over one another as though fleeing from the sword, even though no one is pursuing them. So you will not be able to stand before your enemies. You will perish among the nations; the land of your enemies will devour you. Those of you who are left will waste away in the lands of their enemies because of their sins; also because of their ancestors’ sins they will waste away.

Old 07-28-2016, 11:50 PM

Quote:

Well the answer is good
The children of Israel shall inherit the Holy Land
The question is why Muslims deny the right of Jews to Palestine
That era and an agreement between God and the children of Israel
Do you support the right of Israel to live among Muslims, according to the concept of this verse from the Koran explicit

Old 07-29-2016, 01:12 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,066,949 times
Quote:
Well the answer is good
The children of Israel shall inherit the Holy Land
The question is why Muslims deny the right of Jews to Palestine
That era and an agreement between God and the children of Israel
Do you support the right of Israel to live among Muslims, according to the concept of this verse from the Koran explicit
What of the Children of Israel that reverted to Islam as many did in Palestine? Many Palestinian Muslims have Jewish Ancestors. Palestine did not become Muslim through Invasion, it became Muslim through conversion.

Old 07-29-2016, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
What of the Children of Israel that reverted to Islam as many did in Palestine? Many Palestinian Muslims have Jewish Ancestors. Palestine did not become Muslim through Invasion, it became Muslim through conversion.
That is just one factor. There is another, the main, factor.

In reality, if we go into the deeper details, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob (Israel) and his children were not Jews but Muslims.They were of course not Muhammadans but Muslims. Muslims are those who submit to Allah. Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph and Moses had all submitted to Allah. The holy land was given to a group of people who were expected to submit to Allah.

There is absolutely no proof anywhere, even in the OT, that the holy land was given to "Jews" simply because they were "Jews". The holy land was given to a group of people for submitting to Allah. Submission to Allah (by obeying Him) was the requirement and not just being "Jews" (a name given to them probably by the Romans). The proof for that is actually in the OT.

No adult Jew, who had left Egypt with Moses, was allowed by Allah to reach the Holy Land because they did not submit to Allah during those 40 years in the desert. Had the holy land been given to Jews for being Jews, none of those coming from Egypt would have been prevented from entering the Holy Land.

Thus the Children of Israel are reminded in the Qur'an that it was because of their submitting to Allah that they were given the Holy Land and, therefore, they are still required to submit to Allah for His favours promised for such submission.

In other words, the Holy Land was, and still is, for those who submit to Allah. Right now, the only people who are submitting to Allah every day on the Masjid Mount are the Muslims. Jews have never worshiped on that Mount for anywhere near as long as Muslims have. In fact, the Mount was a garbage dump when Muslims got there after the destruction of the second temple. They cleared the garbage, cleaned the place, and made it fit for prostrating there in worship to Allah again. They then even let the Jews back in Jerusalem after the Christians had expelled them from there previously.

Old 07-29-2016, 10:57 PM

[quote=Khalif;44945963]That is just one factor. There is another, the main, factor.

In reality, if we go into the deeper details, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob (Israel) and his children were not Jews but Muslims.They were of course not Muhammadans but Muslims. Muslims are those who submit to Allah. Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph and Moses had all submitted to Allah. The holy land was given to a group of people who were expected to submit to Allah.

Quote:
There is absolutely no proof anywhere, even in the OT, that the holy land was given to "Jews" simply because they were "Jews". The holy land was given to a group of people for submitting to Allah. Submission to Allah (by obeying Him) was the requirement and not just being "Jews" (a name given to them probably by the Romans). The proof for that is actually in the OT.
Your words about the nature of this covenant between the children of Israel and God
Why contradict yourself
07-27-2016 08:19 AM
Khalif Quote:
Originally Posted by mahasn sawresho

He tells them
You fulfill Covenants

the question is

Required logical answer
From the Koran

It was a two-way covenant. If they ever disobey, they have broken their side of the covenant

Old 07-29-2016, 11:02 PM

3,440 posts, read 2,642,465 times
Quote:
That is just one factor. There is another, the main, factor.

No adult Jew, who had left Egypt with Moses, was allowed by Allah to reach the Holy Land because they did not submit to Allah during those 40 years in the desert. Had the holy land been given to Jews for being Jews, none of those coming from Egypt would have been prevented from entering the Holy Land.

Thus the Children of Israel are reminded in the Qur'an that it was because of their submitting to Allah that they were given the Holy Land and, therefore, they are still required to submit to Allah for His favours promised for such submission.

In other words, the Holy Land was, and still is, for those who submit to Allah. Right now, the only people who are submitting to Allah every day on the Masjid Mount are the Muslims. Jews have never worshiped on that Mount for anywhere near as long as Muslims have. In fact, the Mount was a garbage dump when Muslims got there after the destruction of the second temple. They cleared the garbage, cleaned the place, and made it fit for prostrating there in worship to Allah again. They then even let the Jews back in Jerusalem after the Christians had expelled them from there previously.
The above is rhetoric at its worst as employed by most politicians and con-artists.

Your trick and deception is to play on the word 'submit'.

All those who submit to God are Muslims.
Abraham, Isaac, Jacob (Israel) and his children Abraham, Isaac, Jacob (Israel) and his children, submit to god.
Therefore Abraham, Isaac, Jacob (Israel) and his children Abraham, Isaac, Jacob (Israel) and his children, are Muslims.

Hindus who submit to God [monotheistic] are Muslims.
ABC who submit to God [monotheistic] are Muslims.

What you ignore is the context.

You are cheating!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam