Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2016, 09:50 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,078,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
The point here is humanity must addressed ALL types of violence.

At present it is very obvious ALL [100%] the evils and violence can be categorized into the main two categories;
1. Secular based evils and violence
2. Religious related [Islam] evils and violence.
As for 1. Secular based evils and violence, we can trace the root causes to
A. 20% of evil prone humans
B. Secular evil laden elements that trigger the above to commit evils.

As for 2. Religious related [Islam] evils and violence, we can trace the root causes to
A. 20% of evil prone Muslims.
B. Evil laden elements in the Quran that trigger the above to commit evils.

Since we have already identify and trace the root causes of all the evils and violence in the world at present there is no need to go into your proposals which is a diversion.

The solution for 2. Religious related [Islam] evils and violence is to get rid of the evil laden elements in the Quran so there is nothing from the Quran to trigger the evil prone Muslims. While this resolved the sources of evil from the religion, it does not cure the inherent evil tendencies of the evil prone Muslims.

The evil prone Muslims will not be above to commit Quran-inspired-violence when we get rid of the evil laden elements in the Quran, but they will continue to commit secular evils.

Once we get rid of the root cause of Quran-inspired-violence, then humanity can focus on preventing ALL secular evils.

Then humanity must address the root causes of all secular evils, i.e.
A. 20% of evil prone humans
B. Secular evil laden elements that trigger the above to commit evils.

In the short run humanity must deal and get rid of all secular evil laden elements that triggers the evil prone to commit evils and violence. This will not be a 100% because the very hardcore evil prone will find ways to satisfy their lusts for evil.

Thus humanity must find ways to get rid [actually totally suppress] of the active evil tendencies within the brain of the evil prone. This is quite impossible at present without drugs and their side effects, but I am optimistic humanity will in the near future be able to suppress the evil tendencies in the evil prone without side effects.

Then there will be greater peace on Earth.
The real question is does the Qur'an result in a reduction of the Total violence done by a people? If you check the total rate of violence (Combined from all causes) by Nation I believe you will find that for the Most part the Islamic Nations have a lower rate of violence.

I do not believe you can eliminate all root causes of violence, without removing free will choices.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2016, 11:04 AM

3,640 posts, read 42,142 times
Quote:
That is a straw man. I have already told you I do not rely on individual verses but rather take the individual and group of verses in the context of the whole Quran.
You are not being honest here. You take 60:8-9 out of the context of the whole Qur'an on non-Muslims.

Quote:
Note your persistence in quoting those very rare verse 60:8-9 to support that the Quran is just is evidence you are merely relying on individual and rare verses which are not in line with the overall context of the Quran.
They are IN CONTEXT OF THE QUR'AN. They must be included in the "OVERALL CONTEXT OF THE QUR'AN". I do, you do not.

Quote:
That is the problem with you because you have only read the Quran 6-7 times at one go. In addition you are so ignorant of human nature and your own inherent nature.
You are talking nonsense about me and my inherent nature.

Quote:
Btw, you did not provide answers for what you see in the images I posted?
This is not fooling around but serious knowledge based on personal experience.
Your images are just images and certainly not from the Qur'an. Therefore, these images are off topic.

Quote:
I disagree with you that the majority of evil prone Muslims do not pray.
It is true some Muslims [evil prone and good Muslims] are not serious Muslims but once they become serious Muslims they will pray 5 times a day otherwise they will fear not going to Paradise. When the evil prone Muslims get serious, then they become potential killers when influenced by the evil laden verses.
You are wrong here. I have lived in Muslims of all kind. There are Muslims who do not pray and it is these Muslims who do not read the Qur'an. Question any Muslim who does not pray and you will find that he does not read the Qur'an either. Most people who do pray regularly in the countries such as Afghanistan, Pakistan and India do read the Arabic Qur'an but do not know what is the message of the Qur'an. They just read Arabic but do not understand it. Such people do not even know what is said in 60:8-9. Therefore, you are wrong to disagree with me.

Quote:
Note as I said, I am very voracious reader and I have read hundreds of articles where the jihadist and other evil doers support their evil deeds with verses from the Quran and Ahadith [not4you].
Not many actual jihadists even read the Qur'an. They push only other ignorant ones to do their dirty political work and even blow themselves up.

Quote:
What I did not do is to compile all these evidence to throw them at you.

However I bet the root cause of the following statistics can be traced to the Quran; [28,899]! it was 28,895 a few hours ago.
There is no way you are correct!

I can trace the route cause of almost all of them to the politics of Middle East and Muslims' expulsion from their homes in the Middle East. The root cause is always persecution, oppression, expulsion from their homes, politics of Middle East and war waged on Muslims. Therefore, the root cause of violence can always be traced to injustice. And you are blind to this fact.

Quote:
I suggest you retract this personal attack "Your friend Baghdadi does the same" because Al Baghadi is not my friend.
If he sees the verses the same way as you see them and ignores 60:8-9 as you do then you have a great friendship at least in terms of thinking about the verses of the Qur'an. I regard you two friends on such basis rather than the friendship you know to be.

Quote:
Note I am not blind as you and this why I suggest you do the RABBIT-DUCK experiment with other images and understand the full picture of the Quran and Islam, i.e. the good, the evil, the bad, the ugly and the whole picture of Islam.
Only a blind person will not read 60:8-9 even after claiming to read the Qur'an 50+ times. I have read ALL the verses because I am not blind.

Quote:
The point is believers will always have a bias towards their religion and that is worse when the religion contain evil laden elements that spur their evil prone believers to commit terrible evils and violence in the name of their religions as in Islam [part].
And you can't understand, due to your bias as unbeliever, the points I am making. There are no evil verses in the Qur'an or else I would be committing evils and violence.

It's about time that you learnt that all are born with evil potential as well as good potential but not all learn to control their Self (Nafs). All have potential to control their Nafs. It is just that they need education to control it. If you do not understand this, you do not understand human nature. There is nobody born with only evil potential and with no potential to control his Nafs.

Quote:
I am a non-theist why should I bother about an illusional Shaytan. If you insist, prove God and Shaytan exist in the first place.
Why are you even bothered about my comment "sitting duck for the Shaytan" if you have proof that there is no Shaytan?

Quote:
As for understanding of the Quran, it is obvious [assuming both of us are average people] that my >50 reading of the Quran [one go] enable me a greater understanding of the Quran than your ONLY 6-7 reading [one go] of the Quran.
You are too much into number of basic readings of translations but ignorant about studying the Qur'an. My reading 6-7 times with deeper study of the Arabic Qur'an is far better learning about the Qur'an than your 50+ just fast reading of only translations.

Quote:
In addition as a believer you MUST be bias when reading the Quran and that restraint you from knowing the whole truth of the Quran within the reality box.
Your comment makes no sense when you have no idea what is inside the box. When you are outside, you are just as ignorant about the Qur'an as a jihadist who does not read the Qur'an and acts differently than those believers who understand the Qur'an.

Old 07-29-2016, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
The real question is does the Qur'an result in a reduction of the Total violence done by a people? If you check the total rate of violence (Combined from all causes) by Nation I believe you will find that for the Most part the Islamic Nations have a lower rate of violence.

I do not believe you can eliminate all root causes of violence, without removing free will choices.
Continuum is talking nonsense. He has no idea that the only root cause of violence is INJUSTICE. Get rid of INJUSTICE wherever it may be on earth and we will have greater peace on earth.

Take any civilized society on earth with almost no violence. As soon as they protest against any INJUSTICE, there is likely to be violence. This must be proof enough that it is INJUSTICE that is the root cause of almost all violence.

Old 07-29-2016, 11:16 PM

3,440 posts, read 2,645,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post

Regardless of what you claim of a lower rate of evils and violence in Islamic Nations which is not the point here. The point here is this fact;

plus the whole range of evils and violence committed by SOME evil prone Muslims all around the world that is hijacking every one attention.

Why do you need to deflect the above - which is very critical to humanity overall - to some Islamic Nations like Dubai, Kuwait, etc.

I have stated the following earlier;
At present it is very obvious ALL [100%] the evils and violence can be categorized into the main two categories;
1. Secular based evils and violence
2. Religious related [Islam] evils and violence.
If humanity can suppressed [which possible with advance knowledge in the future] the evil laden elements in the Quran, then there will be no more Quran-inspired violence at all.

I believe and is very optimistic humanity will be able to suppress the impulses of the root causes in the near future when advanced knowledge and technologies emerged. This is based on the trend of the exponential expansion of knowledge that is actually happening at present. I am very up to date with these advancements, are you?

I am very confident the natural truth of good will definitely prevail over the evil laden elements in the Quran when we address the problems that infect the minds of the evil prone Muslims.

Old 07-29-2016, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalif View Post
You are not being honest here. You take 60:8-9 out of the context of the whole Qur'an on non-Muslims.

They are IN CONTEXT OF THE QUR'AN. They must be included in the "OVERALL CONTEXT OF THE QUR'AN". I do, you do not.

You are talking nonsense about me and my inherent nature.

Your images are just images and certainly not from the Qur'an. Therefore, these images are off topic.

You are wrong here. I have lived in Muslims of all kind. There are Muslims who do not pray and it is these Muslims who do not read the Qur'an. Question any Muslim who does not pray and you will find that he does not read the Qur'an either. Most people who do pray regularly in the countries such as Afghanistan, Pakistan and India do read the Arabic Qur'an but do not know what is the message of the Qur'an. They just read Arabic but do not understand it. Such people do not even know what is said in 60:8-9. Therefore, you are wrong to disagree with me.

Not many actual jihadists even read the Qur'an. They push only other ignorant ones to do their dirty political work and even blow themselves up.

There is no way you are correct!

I can trace the route cause of almost all of them to the politics of Middle East and Muslims' expulsion from their homes in the Middle East. The root cause is always persecution, oppression, expulsion from their homes, politics of Middle East and war waged on Muslims. Therefore, the root cause of violence can always be traced to injustice. And you are blind to this fact.

If he sees the verses the same way as you see them and ignores 60:8-9 as you do then you have a great friendship at least in terms of thinking about the verses of the Qur'an. I regard you two friends on such basis rather than the friendship you know to be.

Only a blind person will not read 60:8-9 even after claiming to read the Qur'an 50+ times. I have read ALL the verses because I am not blind.

And you can't understand, due to your bias as unbeliever, the points I am making. There are no evil verses in the Qur'an or else I would be committing evils and violence.

It's about time that you learnt that all are born with evil potential as well as good potential but not all learn to control their Self (Nafs). All have potential to control their Nafs. It is just that they need education to control it. If you do not understand this, you do not understand human nature. There is nobody born with only evil potential and with no potential to control his Nafs.

Why are you even bothered about my comment "sitting duck for the Shaytan" if you have proof that there is no Shaytan?

You are too much into number of basic readings of translations but ignorant about studying the Qur'an. My reading 6-7 times with deeper study of the Arabic Qur'an is far better learning about the Qur'an than your 50+ just fast reading of only translations.

Your comment makes no sense when you have no idea what is inside the box. When you are outside, you are just as ignorant about the Qur'an as a jihadist who does not read the Qur'an and acts differently than those believers who understand the Qur'an.
I have responded to the above in the other posts so I will not waste time on them.

Old 07-29-2016, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Continuum is talking nonsense. He has no idea that the only root cause of violence is INJUSTICE. Get rid of INJUSTICE wherever it may be on earth and we will have greater peace on earth.

Take any civilized society on earth with almost no violence. As soon as they protest against any INJUSTICE, there is likely to be violence. This must be proof enough that it is INJUSTICE that is the root cause of almost all violence.
Your views are based on ignorance of reality.
"Injustice" is a serious matter but in most cases the evil prone Muslims are using it as an excuse to display their false arrogance from the brainwashing in the Quran.

Note the terrible evils by SOME evil prone Muslims associated with cultural genocides, drawings of cartoons, education [Malala, Boko Haram] and many other non-political issues. What has these to do with "injustice".

I read the Church of the 85 years old priest who was killed gave land to Muslims to build their Mosque and yet he was killed for merely being a Christian.
Elsewhere if a religious building is taller than a mosque SOME Muslims will go berserk into tantrums and threaten violence.
What injustice is that?

The problem with Islam [in part] and the Quran is, the religion motivate, influence and inspire SOME Muslims to take [rightly or wrongly] the Law into their own hands without restraints. This is a grave and serious mistake on the part of the Quran.
I can understand if such acts happen once-in-a-blue-moon but not this almost daily if not weekly series of terrible evils;

Old 07-30-2016, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Your views are based on ignorance of reality.
"Injustice" is a serious matter but in most cases the evil prone Muslims are using it as an excuse to display their false arrogance from the brainwashing in the Quran.
You have now completely closed your mind to INJUSTICE as the root cause.

The Qur'an has many verses that are against INJUSTICE but you cannot understand them because of the reason I have just described.

There is no way one is going to get rid of any violence in the world unless attention is paid to INJUSTICE in the world and something is done abut it.

Old 07-30-2016, 07:28 PM

Quote:
You have now completely closed your mind to INJUSTICE as the root cause.

The Qur'an has many verses that are against INJUSTICE but you cannot understand them because of the reason I have just described.

There is no way one is going to get rid of any violence in the world unless attention is paid to INJUSTICE in the world and something is done abut it.
For the average person, the concept of injustice is easily understood any where.
But for any believer, they must be bias on this concept where it concern their religion.

Injustice is merely a pre-penultimate root cause.
The ultimate root cause to all the evil and violence by SOME evil prone Muslims are;

1. 20% of evil prone Muslims [exist naturally as with all humans]
2. The tons of evil laden elements in the Quran [& Ahadith]

You have in fact close your mind to the above truths.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam