U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2016, 10:55 PM

3,440 posts, read 1,580,662 times

Advertisements

[quote=Woodrow LI;44939483]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
What is the purpose of the Qur'an?
The purpose of the Quran can be inferred by the distribution of words within the Quran.

Note the following statistics from the thread on word frequency.
http://www.city-data.com/forum/44923526-post8.html
Understand the source is not totally reliable, thus should be viewed with reservations.

From the statistics above:
-DAY 497
-punishment 350
-fear 281

I believe the above words will be voluminous from other sources, albeit in different numbers.
My analysis show there are 1,969 verses that are related to Judgment Day.
There are 413 verses related to Paradise and its rewards to Muslims.

From the above one can infer the purpose of the Quran from Allah's and Muslims' point of view is related to Judgment Day and one's salvation to Paradise with eternal life and avoiding Hell.

This is supported by 1:4 [Day of Judgment] in the Al-Fatiha [the mother of the Quran]. The presence of 'the Day of Judgment' in the Al-Fatiha signify its critical importance which is at the mercy of Allah.

Therefore the purpose of the Quran is focused on Judgment Day and what Muslims must do to get their passport to Paradise on J-DAY.

What results from the Quran is;
1. Good Muslims will do certain deeds in compliance with the Quran according to their perspectives and there are no issues with humanity.
2. Evil prone Muslims will do certain deeds in compliance with the Quran according to their perspectives and the results of their deeds are untold sufferings, evils and violence on the whole of humanity.

Quote:
Before that can be answered one needs to answer the following questions.
What is Mankind?
Why was mankind created?
What is the purpose of Man?

What does man need in order to fulfill his purpose through his own free will and yet have full responsibility for his choices?
How wide of a range of choice is required in order to have true free choice?
Fair questions if one do not research them with the wrong and bias perspective.
I believe if one starts with the Quran in hand, then one will straight away be lead into the wrong bias path.

To answer the above one must study human nature within the 7 billion humans on Earth. From this study we will be to extract and abstract the Principles of human nature that are easily justifiable.
I will not go into the details on this but if any one is to be swayed by established theological doctrine in this exercise, then they will be on the wrong path of truth.

Quote:
My own thoughts are that to have free choice we must be aware of all possibilities and all possible outcomes. While we will never become aware of all, all must be available. Where and how we search is our own responsibility. In order to have actual free will we can not have absolute answers given, but rather be given the tools to do our own investigating and verification. We our self have the responsibility to search out what we must learn and how to achieve it. Because it is our responsibility we are given suggestions and guides along with possible consequences. That is what I see the Qur'an as doing, rather than being a legalistic set of absolute commands.
Unfortunately the Quran, i.e. an immutable [cannot be changed] holy text compiled in the 7th century or later is not an efficient basis to comprehend human nature and look for universal solutions that will be effective to stand the test of time and the inevitable changes.

From my research cover all of human nature and spirituality, the more effective approach are from the Eastern religions and spirituality which must be coupled with modern Science. For example note this
Buddha's 4NT-8FP -A Life Problem Solving Technique

Old 07-29-2016, 11:38 PM

2,050 posts, read 660,434 times
[quote=Continuum;44948404]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Quote:
The purpose of the Quran can be inferred by the distribution of words within the Quran.

Understand the source is not totally reliable, thus should be viewed with reservations.

-DAY 497
-punishment 350
-fear 281

I believe the above words will be voluminous from other sources, albeit in different numbers.

From the above one can infer the purpose of the Quran from Allah's and Muslims' point of view is related to Judgment Day and one's salvation to Paradise with eternal life and avoiding Hell.

This is supported by 1:4 [Day of Judgment] in the Al-Fatiha [the mother of the Quran]. The presence of 'the Day of Judgment' in the Al-Fatiha signify its critical importance which is at the mercy of Allah.

Therefore the purpose of the Quran is focused on Judgment Day and what Muslims must do to get their passport to Paradise on J-DAY.
You take one side
All the old people she believed that there are other Khiah
The Epic of Gilgamesh is the guide for humanitarian search for immortality
So immortality are not the targets of the Koran
But the main goal of the Quran is the belief that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah
This is the focus of the Koran
Because faith in God is the one unknown and incomplete in Judaism and Christianity
Faith in Muhammad is the messenger of God is linked to faith in God

Because Muhammad is not a prophet of God has used force to prove his prophecy
This is the Koran sticking to the full truth
Quote:
1. Good Muslims will do certain deeds in compliance with the Quran according to their perspectives and there are no issues with humanity.
2. Evil prone Muslims will do certain deeds in compliance with the Quran according to their perspectives and the results of their deeds are untold sufferings, evils and violence on the whole of humanity.

I believe if one starts with the Quran in hand, then one will straight away be lead into the wrong bias path.

To answer the above one must study human nature within the 7 billion humans on Earth. From this study we will be to extract and abstract the Principles of human nature that are easily justifiable.
I will not go into the details on this but if any one is to be swayed by established theological doctrine in this exercise, then they will be on the wrong path of truth.

Unfortunately the Quran, i.e. an immutable [cannot be changed] holy text compiled in the 7th century or later is not an efficient basis to comprehend human nature and look for universal solutions that will be effective to stand the test of time and the inevitable changes.

From my research cover all of human nature and spirituality, the more effective approach are from the Eastern religions and spirituality which must be coupled with modern Science. For example note this
Buddha's 4NT-8FP -A Life Problem Solving Technique
Islam is a distortion of the Abrahamic religion
It does not belong to them
Abrahamic religion is Judaism and Christianity
Judaism introduced the world to one God
Christianity presented as a God of love and peace
While Islam linking between the Creator and the creature
Between Muhammad and God
You can not be complete faith unless you are told that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah

This is a deviation from the religion of the Jewish and Christian Ibrahimia
But the paradise in Islam, it is the Commission cabarets nationality
And defloration virginity and cheap sex
The concept of paradise in Islam is equal to a small nightclub
Where cheap sex, but in the presence of God
Which provides for a Muslim women even practiced sex with them
This is the biggest insult offered to the Muslim God Ibrahim
Holy
God of Islam is different from the God of Abraham Gunn

Old 07-29-2016, 11:42 PM

[quote=mahasn sawresho;44948604]
Quote:
Between Muhammad and God
You can not be complete faith unless you are told that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah

Holy
Agree.
Seem you are translating your views from Arabic, but the message is easily understood because it is so obvious.

Old 07-29-2016, 11:50 PM

11,591 posts, read 4,907,099 times
Quote:
Like many Muslims I object to the Death Penalty for any Crimes.

Are you Aware that most Islamic Nations have either abolished the death penalty or have not used it within the past 10 years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capita...ent_by_country
Seriously, as a mod, you don't lock/close/black hole this thread? Doesn't this violate TOS you link to in your own signature?

Old 07-30-2016, 03:07 AM

3,166 posts, read 1,035,813 times
Quote:

-DAY 497
-punishment 350
-fear 281

With this kind of way, by number of words in the Qur'an, to understand the Qur'an, the purpose of the Qur'an is to keep saying "say". The most used word in the Arabic Qur'an is not related to either "day" or "punishment" but to "say" ("Qul", "Qala", "Qalu").

Quote:
You are way off as "the Day of Judgment" is not said more times than "Alhamdulillah" by Muslims in their lifetime. So you do not know much about the subject you are talking about here.

Quote:
Wrong!

The purpose of the Qur'an is to guide man to serve the purpose he was created for as described in 2:30.

Quote:
In the latter case, it is not "deeds in compliance with the Qur'an" but "the deeds not in compliance with the Qur'an" because they cross their wires in their brains and the short circuit results in blowing themselves up or be shot by a policeman.

Quote:
I have already proved you wrong. You did not understand the Qur'an 2:30.

Quote:
That is the only path or else you will spend a lifetime here and still not know, on the last day on earth, what was the purpose of you being here.

Quote:
If you understand the whole Qur'an in that manner then you are certainly going to be lost reading it. You keep saying the word "immutable" ("cannot be changed"). The "message" is not going to be changed but understanding of the various narrations in it has changed over time and will keep changing for the better. Truth will always prevail and falsehood expressed by people will perish.

Old 07-30-2016, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalif View Post
With this kind of way, by number of words in the Qur'an, to understand the Qur'an, the purpose of the Qur'an is to keep saying "say". The most used word in the Arabic Qur'an is not related to either "day" or "punishment" but to "say" ("Qul", "Qala", "Qalu").
Your view in this case is based on ignorance and lack in application of intelligence to understanding a book.

In general there are many ways of getting a rough idea of the central importance of the message of a book. One of them is the frequency of critical words. Obviously we have to ignore the various injunctions, general pronouns, etc. which are not critical to the central message of a book.

"Say" - yaqūlu يَقُولُ ق و ل - is merely to indicate someone 'saying' and according to my search in Pickthall it appears 620 times, compare to they 2,882, those [1000++].

I did not state 'day' or 'punishment' are the most used words.
What I posted was there are critical words ['day' or 'punishment'] which appear within the top 50-100 of the many thousands of words used in the Quran.

Quote:
You are way off as "the Day of Judgment" is not said more times than "Alhamdulillah" by Muslims in their lifetime. So you do not know much about the subject you are talking about here.
You are off topic here. The topic is confined to words used by Allah in the Quran not words used by Muslims in their lifetime.
I have analyzed the Quran in details in terms of concepts and ideas and there are 1969 verses related to the 'Day of Judgment'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum
Quote:
Wrong!
The purpose of the Qur'an is to guide man to serve the purpose he was created for as described in 2:30.
That is the problem with your minimal of reading the Quran only 6-7 times at one go. You just cannot get the whole and full contexts and central message of the Quran with such minimal readings.

2:30 do not imply anything significant.
Literally note;
51:56. I [Allah] created the jinn and humankind only that they might worship Me.
92:20. Except as seeking (to fulfil) the purpose of his Lord Most High.
Based on the above, literally one could say the above is the central purpose of the Quran but that would make Allah very selfish and put Allah in bad light.

When we have read the Quran sufficiently [at least 50 times] one will note the central purpose of the Quran in the consideration of one aspect of humanity is focused on Judgment Day, where the expectation is eternal life in Paradise and avoiding hell.
This is why the concept of Judgment Day is so critical and included in the Al Fatiha which unfortunately incorporated anger and ugly words against non-Muslims [1:7].

Quote:
In the latter case, it is not "deeds in compliance with the Qur'an" but "the deeds not in compliance with the Qur'an" because they cross their wires in their brains and the short circuit results in blowing themselves up or be shot by a policeman.
That is what you say from your own 'Rabbit' perspective. The evil prone perceives their respective truths within the words of Allah and act accordingly as true Muslims in compliance with the Quran culminating in the terrible evils and violence.

Quote:
I have already proved you wrong. You did not understand the Qur'an 2:30.
Note my points above on my enlightening your ignorance of 2:30 which VERY general and distant.

Quote:
That is the only path or else you will spend a lifetime here and still not know, on the last day on earth, what was the purpose of you being here.
What last day? That idea is the work of some human[s] relying on an illusional fake God and the reality is the terrible evils and violence humanity is facing at present with possible extinction of the human species when those 20% of evil prone get access to cheap WMDs.

If you understand the whole Qur'an in that manner then you are certainly going to be lost reading it. You keep saying the word "immutable" ("cannot be changed"). The "message" is not going to be changed but understanding of the various narrations in it has changed over time and will keep changing for the better. Truth will always prevail and falsehood expressed by people will perish.[/quote]The concept of immutability, i.e. cannot changed because it is perfected is from many verses in the Quran.
If the central message of the Quran contain and is laden with evil elements, these will not change.
You will note when the evil prone Muslims get more serious and truer with the Quran [& Ahadith] they get more serious with committing more evils and violence.

Old 08-05-2016, 06:29 AM

15,511 posts, read 13,274,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Seriously, as a mod, you don't lock/close/black hole this thread? Doesn't this violate TOS you link to in your own signature?
As I am a Muslim, I do not moderate this forum. For me to moderate it, would leave the door open for possible personal bias.

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks

MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's

Old 08-05-2016, 08:42 AM

11,591 posts, read 4,907,099 times
Quote:
As I am a Muslim, I do not moderate this forum. For me to moderate it, would leave the door open for possible personal bias.
Fair enough, I can understand/respect that.

Old 08-05-2016, 09:32 AM

1,601 posts, read 750,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Fair enough, I can understand/respect that.
The problem would be if Woodrow RI complains about anti-Islamic posts to the moderators of this forum and gets any special weight put on his complaint because he is a moderator on another forum. The principle being: Moderators stick together.

Old 08-06-2016, 04:02 AM

3,166 posts, read 1,035,813 times
[quote=mahasn sawresho;44948604]
Quote:
Between Muhammad and God

Holy
Quote:
Agree.
Seem you are translating your views from Arabic, but the message is easily understood because it is so obvious.
You are insulting your intelligence by agreeing with the above crap.

God of Abraham is God of Muslims.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or