U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2016, 01:31 AM

3,440 posts, read 1,597,945 times

Advertisements

Within the Quran I noted there are more than 200 verses where Allah put fears and terrors into the hearts of believers if they ever failed to believe and worship Allah deservedly. Here is one example of a set of verse amongst the >200 verses.
39:15. Then worship what [partners, idols] ye [infidels] will beside Him.
Say [O Muhammad]: The losers will be those [infidels] who lose themselves and their housefolk on the Day of Resurrection. Ah, that will be the manifest loss!

39:16. They [infidels] have an awning of fire above them and beneath them [infidels] a dais (of fire).
With this doth Allah appall [to terrify, to imbue fear, yukhawwifu يُخَوِّفُ خ و ف] His bondmen [Muslims]. O My bondmen, therefor fear Me!
The synonyms for the root word, يُخَوِّفُ خ و ف , are;
To fear, to be afraid/frightened/terrified, to put fear into another,

Other translators translate يُخَوِّفُ variously as the following;

God imbue His servants with fear
Allah appal His bondmen
Allah makes His servants to fear,
God puts fear into the hearts of His servants
God puts fear into His worshipers
Allah affrighteth His bondmen
Allah strikes fear into His slaves
Allah frightens His bondmen
Allah threatens His servants
This is (the torment) with which Allah warns His servants
God scares His servants with it
God makes His servants fearful
God thus warns His servants of the awful consequence of their wrongdoings
Allah scares His bondmen with this
God puts fear into His servants' hearts
I believe Allah instill, imbue and put so much fright, fears and terrors into the hearts of Muslims to ensure believers will worship Allah absolutely and obey ALL his commands without questions.

The problem is within the terms and conditions [including commands of Allah] of the covenant, there are tons of evil laden verses in the Quran.

I understand the Torah which also contain evil laden elements and in Injil [some] also instil fears into their believers but the difference is the Torah and Injil has an absolute moral maxim of 'Thou Shall Not Kill' period! no ifs! and thus absolute. The Quran on the other hand do not have an absolute moral maxim on killing but rather has only a conditional precept.

Because Muslims as believers are so terrified with fright, fears and terrors in their hearts, and since there is no absolute moral maxim as ceiling control, SOME evil prone Muslims [unfortunately born with active evil tendencies] will be heavily influenced and inspired by the evil laden elements to commit terrible evils and violence on non-believers and other Muslims.
This hypothesis is clearly supported by glaring evidence and one can claim the above point is a proven theory and fact.

Views?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2016, 01:41 AM

Note this earlier statistic from this post;

http://www.city-data.com/forum/44923451-post6.html
From the statistics re frequency of words in the Quran;
-DAY 497
-punishment 350
-fear 281

Old 08-02-2016, 04:40 AM

3,169 posts, read 1,051,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
Within the Quran I noted there are more than 200 verses where Allah put fears and terrors into the hearts of believers if they ever failed to believe and worship Allah deservedly. Here is one example of a set of verse amongst the >200 verses.
39:15. Then worship what [partners, idols] ye [infidels] will beside Him.
Say [O Muhammad]: The losers will be those [infidels] who lose themselves and their housefolk on the Day of Resurrection. Ah, that will be the manifest loss!

39:16. They [infidels] have an awning of fire above them and beneath them [infidels] a dais (of fire).
With this doth Allah appall [to terrify, to imbue fear, yukhawwifu يُخَوِّفُ خ و ف] His bondmen [Muslims]. O My bondmen, therefor fear Me!
The synonyms for the root word, يُخَوِّفُ خ و ف , are;
To fear, to be afraid/frightened/terrified, to put fear into another,

Other translators translate يُخَوِّفُ variously as the following;

God imbue His servants with fear
Allah appal His bondmen
Allah makes His servants to fear,
God puts fear into the hearts of His servants
God puts fear into His worshipers
Allah affrighteth His bondmen
Allah strikes fear into His slaves
Allah frightens His bondmen
Allah threatens His servants
This is (the torment) with which Allah warns His servants
God scares His servants with it
God makes His servants fearful
God thus warns His servants of the awful consequence of their wrongdoings
Allah scares His bondmen with this
God puts fear into His servants' hearts
I believe Allah instill, imbue and put so much fright, fears and terrors into the hearts of Muslims to ensure believers will worship Allah absolutely and obey ALL his commands without questions.
There are several points for you to note about what is written in the Qur'an:

SERVANTS

The word in Arabic for servant is "abd". Every person is born, dies and will be resurrected as servant of Allah. It is human being, through his freewill, during his/her life, decides to be either believing servant or an ungrateful and unbeliever.

[19.93] There is no one in the heavens and the earth but will come to the Beneficent God as a servant.

[19.94] Certainly He has a comprehensive knowledge of them and He has numbered them a
(comprehensive) numbering.

[19.95] And every one of them will come to Him on the day of resurrection alone.

FEAR

Fear is of several kind; not just terror. Several verses have the word "fear" when it simply means just thinking about something happening that is not according to someone's wishes such as possibility of you losing your job, falling ill or not getting high grades in exams. Even such minor worries are "fear" rather than terror.

The fear mentioned during the life of a believer is not terror but of doing something "wrong" (in his freewill) such as killing an innocent person, robbing someone, stealing from someone etc. etc. This fear is in ALL law-abiding citizens in every civilized society.

[33.72] Surely We offered the trust to the heavens and the earth and the mountains, but they refused to be unfaithful to it and were afraid of it, and man has turned unfaithful to it; surely he is unjust, ignorant.

The trust accepted by humans is freewill and responsibility for one's actions through this freewill. It is this fear of responsibility and accountability that unbelievers do not have in this life. The same goes for thieves, burglars, robbers and murderers. They do not have fear of going to jail when the others do have fear of going to jail that they do no such crimes. Therefore, there is difference in such fear of doing wrong and being terrified.

As for believers, there are several verses in which it is clearly stated that they will have no fear. Here are most of them for your information:

2:62, 2:112, 2:262, 2:274, 2:277, 3:170, 5:69, 6:48, 7:35, 7:49, 10:62, 20:112, 41:30, 43:68, 46:13, 72:13.

Quote:
The problem is within the terms and conditions [including commands of Allah] of the covenant, there are tons of evil laden verses in the Quran.
These tons of verses are tons of justice laden verses as guidance for those who mind; the reason I am guided not to do evil actions.

Quote:
I understand the Torah which also contain evil laden elements and in Injil [some] also instil fears into their believers but the difference is the Torah and Injil has an absolute moral maxim of 'Thou Shall Not Kill' period! no ifs! and thus absolute. The Quran on the other hand do not have an absolute moral maxim on killing but rather has only a conditional precept.
It's because the Qur'an deals with reality (real situation in this life). An Absolute Moral Maxim is relevant only during peace situation and useless during war situation. You are deliberately refusing to accept that the Qur'an deals with both situation.

Quote:
Because Muslims as believers are so terrified with fright, fears and terrors in their hearts, and since there is no absolute moral maxim as ceiling control, SOME evil prone Muslims [unfortunately born with active evil tendencies] will be heavily influenced and inspired by the evil laden elements to commit terrible evils and violence on non-believers and other Muslims.
This is senseless comment unless you admit that there is no terror/fear from these verses from Allah for these believers who commit evil acts.

Are you saying that evil prone Muslims do not have fear because of these verses?

Quote:
This hypothesis is clearly supported by glaring evidence and one can claim the above point is a proven theory and fact.
Your hypothesis is clearly rejecting the claim of yours about fear in believers and supporting my view that these verses have no fear for the evil ones. If anything, by your hypothesis, these verses about fear prevent the 80% (your figure) from committing evil acts. Thus the Qur'an is right and you wrong.

Old 08-02-2016, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalif View Post
There are several points for you to note about what is written in the Qur'an:

SERVANTS

The word in Arabic for servant is "abd". Every person is born, dies and will be resurrected as servant of Allah. It is human being, through his freewill, during his/her life, decides to be either believing servant or an ungrateful and unbeliever.

[19.93] There is no one in the heavens and the earth but will come to the Beneficent God as a servant.

[19.94] Certainly He has a comprehensive knowledge of them and He has numbered them a
(comprehensive) numbering.

[19.95] And every one of them will come to Him on the day of resurrection alone.
To instill in any one that s/he is a servant in relation to a 'slave' to any thing is to take away the dignity of that human person, erode the person's self-esteem, dehumanize the person and make the person depend on external crutches, i.e. the security and commands of Allah in this case.

It when one is a slave that is suppressed with evil laden verses and especially if that slave is evil prone, that is a problem for humanity

Quote:
FEAR

Fear is of several kind; not just terror. Several verses have the word "fear" when it simply means just thinking about something happening that is not according to someone's wishes such as possibility of you losing your job, falling ill or not getting high grades in exams. Even such minor worries are "fear" rather than terror.

The fear mentioned during the life of a believer is not terror but of doing something "wrong" (in his freewill) such as killing an innocent person, robbing someone, stealing from someone etc. etc. This fear is in ALL law-abiding citizens in every civilized society.

[33.72] Surely We offered the trust to the heavens and the earth and the mountains, but they refused to be unfaithful to it and were afraid of it, and man has turned unfaithful to it; surely he is unjust, ignorant.

The trust accepted by humans is freewill and responsibility for one's actions through this freewill. It is this fear of responsibility and accountability that unbelievers do not have in this life. The same goes for thieves, burglars, robbers and murderers. They do not have fear of going to jail when the others do have fear of going to jail that they do no such crimes. Therefore, there is difference in such fear of doing wrong and being terrified.

As for believers, there are several verses in which it is clearly stated that they will have no fear. Here are most of them for your information:

2:62, 2:112, 2:262, 2:274, 2:277, 3:170, 5:69, 6:48, 7:35, 7:49, 10:62, 20:112, 41:30, 43:68, 46:13, 72:13.
Your above views are way off course with reality as intended in the Quran.

You as usual is ignorant of the subject of 'fear' in human beings. Fears is one of the strongest emotion within ALL human beings. I have done very extensive readings and research in the subject of fear as an emotion.

The fear emotion is not something that one can get rid off and have no fear. The neural circuitry for fear is a critical necessity for all humans and it is 'permanently' embedded in the basement of one mind/brain. When a person feels no fear it does not mean the fear is not there at all, rather what happens when there is a stimuli that the fear emotion, the fear will always emerged within the brain BUT it is often suppressed and not brought up to one's consciousness for the person to be aware that s/he is actually in fear at the subconscious level.
This is a proven fact by neuroscientists that you cannot deny.

As I had mentioned, there are more than 200 verses that are related to 'fear' in the Quran and the most significant is the fear of death. In fact Allah kept reminding Muslims of this as threat of death to stir up their fear emotions. Then Allah promised he can give eternal life to Muslim if they worship him and obey all his command by entering into a covenant with Allah.

Now the point is when someone is assured of immortality [eternal life in heaven], that person is comforted [eased] from the fear of the fact of inevitable death and feel no fear but the actual fear is still within the brain except that fear is "suppressed" by the promise of eternal life assured by Allah in the Quran.
To ensure that fear is "suppressed" at all times, a believer MUST obey ALL of Allah's command otherwise that 'suppressed fear' will escape and manifest into one consciousness and SOME will feel the terror of it.
Note this this thread in the Philosophy Section;
I am afraid of death / eternal oblivion.

To suppress the actual fears a believer MUST obey ALL of Allah's command, but there are tons of commands that has evil laden elements. Therefore it is inevitable that SOME from the pool of potential evil prone Muslims of 300 millions who are really terrified of death will be influenced and motivated to carry out and commit terrible evils and violence on non-Muslims and other Muslims. Note the real evidence of the consequences of the above; [28,935] [I think it has already increased from my last posting of this total]

Quote:
These tons of verses are tons of justice laden verses as guidance for those who mind; the reason I am guided not to do evil actions.
Note my presentation of the 'DUCK-RABBIT' experiment. What you see is 'Rabbit' which is good, but when the evil prone read the same Quran they see 'Rabbits' which is also "good" but results in evil and violence to non-Muslims and other Muslims. Note the real evidence is in the statistics above and other statistics of evil acts by SOME Muslims.

Quote:
It's because the Qur'an deals with reality (real situation in this life). An Absolute Moral Maxim is relevant only during peace situation and useless during war situation. You are deliberately refusing to accept that the Qur'an deals with both situation.
I have discussed how an effective Moral System MUST have absolute moral Laws and maxims to oversee the practical world of peace, war and all conditions.
Even Allah issued a 'Perfected' [absolute] Quran but overall it is a mess because there are no perfect absolute maxims for killing therein.

Quote:
This is senseless comment unless you admit that there is no terror/fear from these verses from Allah for these believers who commit evil acts.
Are you saying that evil prone Muslims do not have fear because of these verses?
You missed my point. Read again. My statement meant ALL Muslims [including the evil prone] are so terrified with fright, fears and terrors in their hearts, and the evil prone [not the moderates] are influenced by the evil laden verses to commit the terrible evils.

Quote:
Your hypothesis is clearly rejecting the claim of yours about fear in believers and supporting my view that these verses have no fear for the evil ones. If anything, by your hypothesis, these verses about fear prevent the 80% (your figure) from committing evil acts. Thus the Qur'an is right and you wrong.
The Quran with its threat are only effective with the borderline cases which may be about 5% but the rest of the 80% are naturally born with good tendencies and strong inhibitors to keep the fear of death to a minimum.

The 20% of evil prone comprised those who has weak control of their terrified fears of death and they thus obeyed piously those 'RABBIT' verses [evil laden] that culminated in the real evils and violence as in the above statistics and others.

The critical factor is there should be no open-ended evil laden elements and verses as commands or words from a God that promised eternal life to suppress the natural inevitable fear of death. Unfortunately such a situation exists PARTLY [not wholly] within the Quran and Islam.

Old 08-02-2016, 09:47 PM

15,511 posts, read 13,342,916 times
A Muslim wants to be a slave of Allaah(swt). They choose the title of Abd of their own free will and of their own desire.

As for the natural fear of death, I doubt that is universal. I believe it has been shown in several studies that the death penalty is not an effective deterrent to crime. People that enjoy high risk activities probably do not have sufficient fear of death to cause them to cease their activities.

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks

MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's

Old 08-02-2016, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
A Muslim wants to be a slave of Allaah(swt). They choose the title of Abd of their own free will and of their own desire.

As for the natural fear of death, I doubt that is universal. I believe it has been shown in several studies that the death penalty is not an effective deterrent to crime. People that enjoy high risk activities probably do not have sufficient fear of death to cause them to cease their activities.
The natural fear of death is imperatively universal in ALL humans and all living things.

The algorithm to survive at all cost, reproduce and avoid [thus must fear] death [till the inevitable] is fundamental to all living things.
No species of living things emerge with the purpose to be extinct. Therefore they must avoid death based on the fear of death, reproduce, survive as long as possible till the inevitable.
Show me one exception?

Thus the algorithm and neural circuit of fearing and avoiding death is fundamental in all humans.
There is no way for humans to get rid of such a fear of death neural circuit because it is deeply embedded in the basement of the brain as an instinct.

However to avoid being paralyzed by fear of death, humans are endowed with neural inhibitors [Inhibitors-A] to suppress it so that all can get on with life without much worry about death. However the fear of death is not totally inhibited by left open slightly so that human can avoid death in the face of dangers. That is why people look left and right before they cross the road and take other precautions to avoid premature death.

It is because the fear of death cannot be total shut off for good reason that the slight opening enable leakages that manifest SUBLIMINAL as angst, anxieties, hopelessness, emptiness, despairs in the majority of human. These are the mental pains associated with the fear of death manifesting unconsciously from the depths of the brain.

To deal with the subliminal mental pains, humans invented religions and other non-religious measures. What is fortunate is the religious approach works very effectively to suppress the fear of death impulses. This is why the majority of humans are religious.

The problem with certain religion is while it facilitate to suppress the fears of death, is it has tons of evil elements that influenced SOME evil prone believers to commit terrible evils to ensure their suppression of the fears of death is maintained.

Those who seemingly ignore the death penalty are those whose lust for the associated crimes are stronger which also suppress their fear of death impulses. In many cases, the natural fear of death neural circuits are damaged due to various reasons.

That is the same of those who are risk seekers [explorers, mountain climbers, danger seekers, etc.]. Their natural fear of death impulses are not working effectively and strongly due to various reasons.

As for the jihadist suicide bombers their psychology are a bit more complex.
1. Like all humans, they have a fear of death.
2. Like the average person their fear of death impulse is higher.
3. Like all humans they seek religions to alleviate their mental pains related to the fear of death [eternal].
4. Unfortunately the potential jihadist happen to adopt a religion that has tons of evil laden elements.
5. The potential jihadist is naturally evil prone from birth.
6. To achieve the state in 3, the jihadist must comply with the verses of the religion.
7. Because the jihadist is naturally evil prone, the jihadist will be inclined naturally towards the evil elements [killing and suicide] in the holy texts.
8. Naturally the jihadist will be influenced to kill and commit suicide so that s/he can go to heaven with eternal life and avoid 3.
From the above, one can infer, if the religious texts do not contain any evil elements at all, any believer who is evil prone will not be influenced by the evil elements to commit evil.

Last edited by Continuum; 08-02-2016 at 10:35 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or