U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2016, 11:54 AM

15,511 posts, read 13,279,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
In context, you need to take into account the many negative elements that are directed at the women in contrast to the overall superior attribute related to the man in the Quran.

The fact the above overall context of negativity against women is reflected in practice within the Muslim community.
You will have to look at individual Muslim communities and nations. There are differences. Pakistanis, which are predominant Punjab, tend to follow Punjab culture and have an almost identical culture as the neighboring State of Punjab in India and is predominately Sikh. Honor killings are epidemic in both although one is Muslim and the other is Sikh, but both are culturally Punjab.

More than 1000 honour killings in India every year: Experts - Times of India

You will also find that the various national cultures tend to form their own communities. Here in the US you will find Somali communities, Iraqi communities, Pakistani communities, Indonesian Communities, Arab communities etc. Each with it's own traditions although all are predominately Muslim.
You will also find that each group forms very distinctive individualistic communities.

It should also be noted that in some Muslim nations female college graduates now out number male college graduates.

Why women graduates outnumber men in the UAE | GulfNews.com

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/pers...-ministry.html

The fact is that the United States falls behind thirteen Muslim countries in the percentage of women graduating in science to the total science graduate population. The countries whose ratio of women science graduates exceeds that of the United States include Bahrain, Brunei Darussalam, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Qatar and Turkey. Morocco exceeds the United States in the ratio of women engineering graduates as a percentage of the science graduate population.

Read more: http://newsrescue.com/13-muslim-countries-produce-higher-percentage-women-science-graduates-than-united-states-unesco-report/#ixzz4HWED2eyF

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks

MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2016, 12:33 PM

3,166 posts, read 1,037,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
In context, you need to take into account the many negative elements that are directed at the women in contrast to the overall superior attribute related to the man in the Quran.

The fact the above overall context of negativity against women is reflected in practice within the Muslim community.
Utter nonsense!

There has never been any negativity in my family against women. They have right to be provided by their husbands in a Muslim community. Husbands have no right to be provided by their wives. That means, women are, in such an issue, treated like Queens and men the slaves. How about that for positive element for women?

Old 08-16-2016, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
You will have to look at individual Muslim communities and nations. There are differences. Pakistanis, which are predominant Punjab, tend to follow Punjab culture and have an almost identical culture as the neighboring State of Punjab in India and is predominately Sikh. Honor killings are epidemic in both although one is Muslim and the other is Sikh, but both are culturally Punjab.
Absolutely true!

Old 08-16-2016, 02:33 PM

1,601 posts, read 751,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalif View Post
Utter nonsense!

There has never been any negativity in my family against women. They have right to be provided by their husbands in a Muslim community. Husbands have no right to be provided by their wives. That means, women are, in such an issue, treated like Queens and men the slaves. How about that for positive element for women?
How does that fit in with the quran saying men can beat their wives?

Quran 4:34
Men are in charge of women by [right of] what Allah has given one over the other and what they spend [for maintenance] from their wealth. So righteous women are devoutly obedient, guarding in [the husband's] absence what Allah would have them guard. But those [wives] from whom you fear arrogance - [first] advise them; [then if they persist], forsake them in bed; and [finally], strike them. But if they obey you [once more], seek no means against them. Indeed, Allah is ever Exalted and Grand.

Kind of makes your assertion a pile of nonsense.

What about all the Muslims on welfare. Is the husband providing? Nope.

"Half of global poverty reside in Muslim world while the Muslim population is 24% of the total global population, if the dangerously increasing poverty in the Muslim community is not controlled soon then it will be alarming. "

Poverty in Muslim World is Rapidly Increasing: Zubair Mughal

The whole Arab world translates about three hundred books annually–one fifth the number that Greece alone translates; investment in research and development is less than one seventh the world average; and Internet connectivity is worse than in sub-Saharan Africa.
Rima Khalaf Hunaidi, Abdel Latif Youssef El Hamed, Nader Fergany - Arab Human Development Report 2002 - United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), ISBN 9211261473

Fifty-seven Muslim majority countries have an average of ten universities each for a total of less than 600 universities for 1.4 billion people; India has 8,407 universities, the U.S. has 5,758.
. . .
Of the 1.4 billion Muslims 800 million are illiterate (6 out of 10 Muslims cannot read). In Christendom, adult literacy rate stands at 78 percent

Large numbers of children in African and Arab countries are still shut out of classrooms, with primary school participation at below 60% in 17 OIC countries. More than half the adult population is illiterate in some countries, and the proportion is as high as 70% among women. Four out of 10 children in the African sub-region are out of school, as are a quarter of children in Arab member states.
. . .
Only 26 out of 57 OIC members are on course to achieve the primary education gender equality targets for 2005.

Nearly one in three people in the Arab world is illiterate, including nearly half of all women in the region, the Tunis-based Arab League Educational Cultural and Scientific Organisation (Alecso) said Monday.
Three-quarters of the 100 million people unable to read or write in the 21 Arab countries are aged between 15 and 45 years old, Alecso said in a statement.

Equally alarming, some 46.5% of women in the region are illiterate, the organisation reported, urging governments to put the fight against illiteracy at the top of their agendas.

Senator Haji Muhammad Adeel while addressing the inaugural ceremony showed his concern over the literacy rate in Pakistan which he said is amongst the lowest in the world. The actual literacy rate in Pakistan is hovering around 30% while this rate is around 15% in the tribal areas and the female literacy rate in tribal areas is around 5%.

Pakistan ranks second in the global ranking of countries with the highest number of out-of-school children with the figure estimated to be about 25 million. Seven million have yet to receive some form of primary schooling. As many as 9,800 schools were reportedly affected in Sindh and Balochistan due to floods. Around 600,000 children of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa are reported to have missed one or more years of education due to ongoing militancy.

etc, etc, etc.....

https://wikiislam.net/wiki/Muslim_St...and_Employment

Treated like queens? Are you joking??

Rigid Muslim socieites have the highest rape scales in the world – Study
https://themuslimissue.wordpress.com...-in-the-world/

Old 08-16-2016, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juju33312 View Post
How does that fit in with the quran saying men can beat their wives?

Quran 4:34
Men are in charge of women by [right of] what Allah has given one over the other and what they spend [for maintenance] from their wealth. So righteous women are devoutly obedient, guarding in [the husband's] absence what Allah would have them guard. But those [wives] from whom you fear arrogance - [first] advise them; [then if they persist], forsake them in bed; and [finally], strike them. But if they obey you [once more], seek no means against them. Indeed, Allah is ever Exalted and Grand.

Kind of makes your assertion a pile of nonsense.
My assertion would be pile of senseless to senseless people.

[4.34] Men are the maintainers of women because Allah has made some of them to excel others and because they spend out of their wealth; the good women are therefore obedient, guarding the unseen as Allah would have them guard; and (as to) those on whose part you fear rebellion, [first option] admonish them, and [then if they persist] leave them alone in the sleeping-places and [last option] strike them; then if they obey you, do not seek a way against them [as above]; surely Allah is High, Great.

[4.35] And if you fear a breach between the two, then appoint judge from his people and a judge from her people; if they both desire agreement, Allah will effect harmony between them, surely Allah is Knowing, Aware.

I have never feared rebellion or arrogance from my wife. End of story. No option for me to ever strike her.

In other words, the Qur'an has given me no option to strike my wife as she is not an arrogant or rebellious woman.

Old 08-16-2016, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Pakistan ranks second in the global ranking of countries with the highest number of out-of-school children with the figure estimated to be about 25 million. Seven million have yet to receive some form of primary schooling. As many as 9,800 schools were reportedly affected in Sindh and Balochistan due to floods. Around 600,000 children of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa are reported to have missed one or more years of education due to ongoing militancy.
This is true. It is not because of Islam but the fault of the Pakistan government not making the parents send their children to school.

Old 08-16-2016, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Treated like queens? Are you joking??
No.

My wife has lived like a queen, and is happy. The same goes for my daughters and the daughter-in-law. That's 6 queens. I feel sorry for you if you never lived like a queen.

Old 08-16-2016, 05:20 PM

Quote:
No.

My wife has lived like a queen, and is happy. The same goes for my daughters and the daughter-in-law. That's 6 queens. I feel sorry for you if you never lived like a queen.
I'm providing proof of what Islam says and what research has turned up. You give an arbitrary assertion which is meaningless. Prove these women live like queens.

Old 08-18-2016, 03:27 AM

Quote:
I'm providing proof of what Islam says and what research has turned up. You give an arbitrary assertion which is meaningless. Prove these women live like queens.
You are not providing proof of Islam but proof of your misunderstanding of Islam. I am speaking from experience of having a Muslim wife and daughters and daughter-in-law who are also Muslim wives living in their respective homes with their Muslim husbands. They have not left Islam. Do you have any experience yourself of being a Muslim wife?

If you want to see how the six Muslim wives I mentioned live, the only way is to see them yourself as to how they live. In this forum, all I can say is that they are living in the West and are happy to be Muslim wives. They are not in a Muslim majority country and, therefore, they can easily leave Islam if they were being beaten as you think they should be beaten according to the Qur'an.

Old 08-20-2016, 11:47 PM

Quote:
You are not providing proof of Islam but proof of your misunderstanding of Islam. I am speaking from experience of having a Muslim wife and daughters and daughter-in-law who are also Muslim wives living in their respective homes with their Muslim husbands. They have not left Islam. Do you have any experience yourself of being a Muslim wife?

If you want to see how the six Muslim wives I mentioned live, the only way is to see them yourself as to how they live. In this forum, all I can say is that they are living in the West and are happy to be Muslim wives. They are not in a Muslim majority country and, therefore, they can easily leave Islam if they were being beaten as you think they should be beaten according to the Qur'an.
I have the experience of having an employee who was married to a Muslim. He was quite nice until he started beating her and threatening to take the baby to Pakistan so she could never see the baby again/ And then it came out that he brought his brother to the west after the brother and his friend raped a little girl and then murdered her. This great husband also said (i was there) that if his son was gay, he would kill his son. His wife (a westerner) had just had the baby. I met his parents. His mother was a beaten down hag of a woman in her 50's. The husband barely spoke to her. This was before I knew the truth about Islam.

I've provided a mountain of proof. Islam is pure evil. No good person chooses to follow an evil ideology like Islam.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam