U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-02-2016, 09:14 AM
 
2,826 posts, read 1,867,213 times
Reputation: 991

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
The original purpose of the written Qur'an was to serve as a memory tool to assist the Hafiz. The written Qur'an is basically a secondary method to preserve the accuracy of the recitation.

The purpose of the recitation is to return people back to that which had already been revealed to them, but what they strayed from. There was no new religion formed. It is a warning and reason to return to what had already been revealed through the prior Prophets(PBUT)
As usual, this is a textbook answer. You don't do too much internal examining of your religion do you?

The Quran is, based on your definition, and its own definition as a "final testament", as a book that supposedly isn't fallible and cannot be questioned or changed. A book that heavily borrows from other religion, even those that are in contradiction of its own teaching (that is, most of the passages that preach peace or love are actually ripped from Jewish or Christian source material). A book that is based on old bad teachings, mixed with new stolen ideas, which it tends to ignore because the old bad ones were "written later."

This is a non-answer actually, what you have said is that the purpose of Quran is mainly to uphold traditions of the Muslim people, some of which involve rigid law, outright cruelty, and are not in the interest of justice, freedom, or real peace.

Which begs the question. Sorry, asks the question, why is the Quran a tradition we need to return to?

The world is steadily coming closer to a world of peace and love, without the "help" of Islam. The only people left standing in the way of this are oppressive governments, multinational companies, and religious extremists. It is doing so, in fact, as a result of the Jewish and Christian population which have an actual purpose, to build a kingdom of Heaven on Earth. Also, in Christianity, to move beyond this life into a better one, but its end times goal is a New Heaven and a New Earth. A better world.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Jerusalem

This from the last 2000 years, we went from Roman excesses to its fall, from the fall of Rome to early Christian civilization, which brought with it the advent of medicine, trade, and culture. The effect of such religion is evident in Nordic culture, which was previously rather warlike raider Vikings, but gradually became a hard-working and peaceful culture. On the other hand, countries occupied by Islamic culture became more warlike, more violent, and more infested with slavery, poverty, and disease.

Quran, according to the definition you just gave, doesn't want the world to be any better, but move things back to the way they were. People always complain about how violent the Bible is. That's because that's how things were. But the Bible moved forward toward peace. The Quran moved backward.

Your religion has no purpose. It's overdue for a reformation.

Last edited by bulmabriefs144; 11-02-2016 at 09:28 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-02-2016, 10:48 AM
 
Location: Logan Township, Minnesota
15,511 posts, read 13,294,416 times
Reputation: 7407
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
As usual, this is a textbook answer. You don't do too much internal examining of your religion do you?

The Quran is, based on your definition, and its own definition as a "final testament", as a book that supposedly isn't fallible and cannot be questioned or changed. A book that heavily borrows from other religion, even those that are in contradiction of its own teaching (that is, most of the passages that preach peace or love are actually ripped from Jewish or Christian source material). A book that is based on old bad teachings, mixed with new stolen ideas, which it tends to ignore because the old bad ones were "written later."

This is a non-answer actually, what you have said is that the purpose of Quran is mainly to uphold traditions of the Muslim people, some of which involve rigid law, outright cruelty, and are not in the interest of justice, freedom, or real peace.

Which begs the question. Sorry, asks the question, why is the Quran a tradition we need to return to?

The world is steadily coming closer to a world of peace and love, without the "help" of Islam. The only people left standing in the way of this are oppressive governments, multinational companies, and religious extremists. It is doing so, in fact, as a result of the Jewish and Christian population which have an actual purpose, to build a kingdom of Heaven on Earth. Also, in Christianity, to move beyond this life into a better one, but its end times goal is a New Heaven and a New Earth. A better world.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Jerusalem

This from the last 2000 years, we went from Roman excesses to its fall, from the fall of Rome to early Christian civilization, which brought with it the advent of medicine, trade, and culture. The effect of such religion is evident in Nordic culture, which was previously rather warlike raider Vikings, but gradually became a hard-working and peaceful culture. On the other hand, countries occupied by Islamic culture became more warlike, more violent, and more infested with slavery, poverty, and disease.

Quran, according to the definition you just gave, doesn't want the world to be any better, but move things back to the way they were. People always complain about how violent the Bible is. That's because that's how things were. But the Bible moved forward toward peace. The Quran moved backward.

Your religion has no purpose. It's overdue for a reformation.
You and I have very different opinions as to what the Qur'an and Islam are. I do not see Islam as an organized religion, I see it as an individual act of submission to the best of one's ability and knowledge. Not the following of a religious hierarchy.

I see the Qur'an as being a summation of all previous scriptures with a warning of why we are to return to the original message which is to worship only the One God(swt) who is without equals, partners or progeny.

I see Islam as being a life long quest of questioning, searching and validating all things. I do not see the study of Islam as being limited to the Qur'an. To comprehend and develop a view of what is Islam I personally engage in studies of Islamic Jurisprudence, Ahadith, Tafsir of various classical and modern scholars, and any available sources of Sunnah I come across and with looking at the opinions of non-Muslims. This forum has become a very good source at finding the opinions of those who disagree with Islam and their reasons why.

While the Qur'an is the "final Testament" it is not a new or original message. The same message was given to all Prophets(pbut) and is the same message that was given in the Torah, Psalms and Gospel of Jesus. (The Gospel of Jesus does not mean the NT Gospels of Matthew, John, Mark and Luke)

For my own personal worship I follow the methodology of the Hanafi Madhab, which stresses the importance of logic and reasoning.

The purpose of the Qur'an is to fell us to return to the original message of "Worship God Alone" and gives us reasons why we should do so. Other things outside the Qur'an such as Ahadith, Sunnah, and Madhabs give us the methodology.

With that said, my words like the words of all Muslims are personal opinions. No Muslim can speak for any other Muslim and there is no central, Authoritative opinion. We alone must search and verify and not believe except what we our self have found reason to be true. We have no form of Membership nor any Hierarchy of clergy as we have no ordained clergy.

The primary transmission and preservation of the Qur'an has been and continues the be the oral recitation of the Hafiz. The purpose of the written Qur'an was to serve as a memory tool for those learning to be Hafiz. The actual Qur'an is the oral recitation in Tajweed.
__________________
When posting as a MOD my posts will be in red

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks


MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's

Last edited by Woodrow LI; 11-02-2016 at 11:00 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-02-2016, 11:30 PM
 
2,050 posts, read 663,200 times
Reputation: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
We do agree on one point.

Those that teach hate are not from God(swt) and are from Shaytan.

But also keep in mind the most dangerous and deceptive shaytan we will ever meet is our self. the greater Jihad is the battle we each fight against our own evil thoughts.
These words of the Koran and not from my own ideas
Hatred
When you say that every human being is not a Muslim is unclean and impure here in the sense feces
I refuse this education and this hatred written in the Koran
Every Muslim who believes in the Koran is also believed that education
So do you think that education produces a man loves a man
If the Koran says that the infidels are unclean
I invite you to think of this verse well
And know that we are not saying falsehood
But prove the verses of the Koran
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2016, 10:23 AM
 
Location: Logan Township, Minnesota
15,511 posts, read 13,294,416 times
Reputation: 7407
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahasn sawresho View Post
These words of the Koran and not from my own ideas
Hatred
When you say that every human being is not a Muslim is unclean and impure here in the sense feces
I refuse this education and this hatred written in the Koran
Every Muslim who believes in the Koran is also believed that education
So do you think that education produces a man loves a man
If the Koran says that the infidels are unclean
I invite you to think of this verse well
And know that we are not saying falsehood
But prove the verses of the Koran
Quote where I ever said "every human being is not a Muslim is unclean and impure here in the sense feces "

I never said any such words.
__________________
When posting as a MOD my posts will be in red

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks


MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-04-2016, 09:56 AM
 
1,601 posts, read 753,037 times
Reputation: 435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Hatred is the first step toward radical action. the more adamant a person becomes about a group they hate the closer they get to becoming what they hate. It is a very thin line that separates a vocal hater of a group from a terrorist attacker. A line that can easily become a physical action.
You make me laugh!!

Quran 40:35
Those who dispute concerning the signs of Allah without an authority having come to them - great is hatred [of them] in the sight of Allah and in the sight of those who have believed. Thus does Allah seal over every heart [belonging to] an arrogant tyrant.

Quran 2:65
And ye know of those of you who broke the Sabbath, how We said unto them: Be ye apes, despised and hated!

Quran 2:216
Fighting has been enjoined upon you while it is hateful to you. But perhaps you hate a thing and it is good for you; and perhaps you love a thing and it is bad for you. And Allah Knows, while you know not.

Quran 4:22
And do not marry those [women] whom your fathers married, except what has already occurred. Indeed, it was an immorality and hateful [to Allah ] and was evil as a way.

Quran 7:166
Therefore when they revoltingly persisted in what they had been forbidden, We said to them: Be (as) apes, despised and hated.

Quran 9:33
It is He Who has sent His Messenger (Muhammad SAW) with guidance and the religion of truth (Islam), to make it superior over all religions even though the Mushrikun (polytheists, pagans, idolaters, disbelievers in the Oneness of Allah) hate (it).
Allah causing hate if people do not submit to Islam.


And if they had been willing to go out (among you), they would indeed have made some preparation (Literally: prepared a preparation) for it; but Allah hated that they should be sent forth, so He discouraged them, and it was said to them, "Sit with the ones sitting back.".

Quran 17:38
All the bad aspects of these (the above mentioned things) are hateful to your Lord.

Quran 28:42
And We made a curse to follow them in this world, and on the Day of Resurrection they will be among the hated

Quran 60:4
Indeed there has been an excellent example for you in Ibrahim (Abraham) and those with him, when they said to their people: "Verily, we are free from you and whatever you worship besides Allah, we have rejected you, and there has started between us and you, hostility and hatred for ever, until you believe in Allah Alone,"...

61:3
It is most hateful in the sight of Allah that ye say that which ye do not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-04-2016, 10:03 AM
 
1,601 posts, read 753,037 times
Reputation: 435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Quote where I ever said "every human being is not a Muslim is unclean and impure here in the sense feces "

I never said any such words.
He's not saying you said it, he's saying it is in the Quran.

Two Examples:
Therefore (for) whomsoever Allah intends that He would guide him aright, He expands his breast for Islam, and (for) whomsoever He intends that He should cause him to err, He makes his breast strait and narrow as though he were ascending upwards; thus does Allah lay uncleanness on those who do not believe.


Quran 9:28
O you who believe (in Allah's Oneness and in His Messenger (Muhammad SAW)! Verily, the Mushrikun (polytheists, pagans, idolaters, disbelievers in the Oneness of Allah, and in the Message of Muhammad SAW) are Najasun (impure).

Also see the verses on hate I just posted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-04-2016, 12:40 PM
 
Location: Logan Township, Minnesota
15,511 posts, read 13,294,416 times
Reputation: 7407
Quote:
Originally Posted by juju33312 View Post
You make me laugh!!

Quran 40:35
Those who dispute concerning the signs of Allah without an authority having come to them - great is hatred [of them] in the sight of Allah and in the sight of those who have believed. Thus does Allah seal over every heart [belonging to] an arrogant tyrant.

Quran 2:65
And ye know of those of you who broke the Sabbath, how We said unto them: Be ye apes, despised and hated!

Quran 2:216
Fighting has been enjoined upon you while it is hateful to you. But perhaps you hate a thing and it is good for you; and perhaps you love a thing and it is bad for you. And Allah Knows, while you know not.

Quran 4:22
And do not marry those [women] whom your fathers married, except what has already occurred. Indeed, it was an immorality and hateful [to Allah ] and was evil as a way.

Quran 7:166
Therefore when they revoltingly persisted in what they had been forbidden, We said to them: Be (as) apes, despised and hated.

Quran 9:33
It is He Who has sent His Messenger (Muhammad SAW) with guidance and the religion of truth (Islam), to make it superior over all religions even though the Mushrikun (polytheists, pagans, idolaters, disbelievers in the Oneness of Allah) hate (it).
Allah causing hate if people do not submit to Islam.


And if they had been willing to go out (among you), they would indeed have made some preparation (Literally: prepared a preparation) for it; but Allah hated that they should be sent forth, so He discouraged them, and it was said to them, "Sit with the ones sitting back.".

Quran 17:38
All the bad aspects of these (the above mentioned things) are hateful to your Lord.

Quran 28:42
And We made a curse to follow them in this world, and on the Day of Resurrection they will be among the hated

Quran 60:4
Indeed there has been an excellent example for you in Ibrahim (Abraham) and those with him, when they said to their people: "Verily, we are free from you and whatever you worship besides Allah, we have rejected you, and there has started between us and you, hostility and hatred for ever, until you believe in Allah Alone,"...

61:3
It is most hateful in the sight of Allah that ye say that which ye do not.
I believe you have no concept of the Qur'an nor what any of those ayyats relate to. However, I do thank you for your contributions to this forum and bringing up what seem to be wide spread misconceptions about Muslims, Islam and the Qur'an and I am very grateful you are opening the doors so others may learn what are the actual views Muslims have.

Addressing and explaining the ayyats you quoted:


Surah 40 This Surah is interesting in that it is known by 2 names Al-Mumim (The Believer) and also by Al Ghafir (The forgiver) It was revealed in Mecca at a time of great harships for the Muslims of the time. There were many lies being spread about Islam and numerous conspiracies to kill Muhammad(saws) In the Surah the people were reminded of Moses and how God(swt) punished Pharoh and those who persecuted the Jews and Moses. 40:35 was part of this reminder.

Quran 40:35
Those who dispute concerning the signs of Allah without an authority having come to them - great is hatred [of them] in the sight of Allah and in the sight of those who have believed. Thus does Allah seal over every heart [belonging to] an arrogant tyrant.

It must be remembered the people of Mecca were predominantly Jewish and ayyats 25-38 would have been recognizable to them and their origin in the Torah understood.

And when he brought them the Truth from Our presence, they said: Slay the sons of those who believe with him, and spare their women. But the plot of disbelievers is in naught but error. - 40:25 (Picktall)


Ghafir (The Forgiver) - 40:26
And Pharaoh said: Suffer me to kill Moses, and let him cry unto his Lord. Lo! I fear that he will alter your religion or that he will cause confusion in the land. - 40:26 (Picktall)


Ghafir (The Forgiver) - 40:27
Moses said: Lo! I seek refuge in my Lord and your Lord from every scorner who believeth not in a Day of Reckoning. - 40:27 (Picktall)


Ghafir (The Forgiver) - 40:28
And a believing man of Pharaoh's family, who hid his faith, said: Would ye kill a man because he saith: My Lord is Allah, and hath brought you clear proofs from your Lord? If he is lying, then his lie is upon him; and if he is truthful then some of that wherewith he threateneth you will strike you. Lo! Allah guideth not one who is a prodigal, a liar. - 40:28 (Picktall)


Ghafir (The Forgiver) - 40:29
O my people! Yours is the kingdom today, ye being uppermost in the land. But who would save us from the wrath of Allah should it reach us? Pharaoh said: I do but show you what I think, and I do but guide you to wise policy. - 40:29 (Picktall)


Ghafir (The Forgiver) - 40:30
And he who believed said: O my people! Lo! I fear for you a fate like that of the factions (of old); - 40:30 (Picktall)


Ghafir (The Forgiver) - 40:31
A plight like that of Noah's folk, and Aad and Thamud, and those after them, and Allah willeth no injustice for (His) slaves. - 40:31 (Picktall)


Ghafir (The Forgiver) - 40:32
And, O my people! Lo! I fear for a Day of Summoning, - 40:32 (Picktall)


Ghafir (The Forgiver) - 40:33
A day when ye will turn to flee, having no preserver from Allah: and he whom Allah sendeth astray, for him there is no guide. - 40:33 (Picktall)


Ghafir (The Forgiver) - 40:34
And verily Joseph brought you of old clear proofs, yet ye ceased not to be in doubt concerning what be brought you till, when he died, he said: Allah will not send any messenger after him. Thus Allah deceiveth him who is a prodigal, a doubter. - 40:34 (Picktall)


Ghafir (The Forgiver) - 40:35
Those who wrangle concerning the revelations of Allah without any warrant that hath come unto them, it is greatly hateful in the sight of Allah and in the sight of those who believe. Thus doth Allah print on every arrogant, disdainful heart. - 40:35 (Picktall)


Ghafir (The Forgiver) - 40:36
And Pharaoh said: O Haman! Build for me a tower that haply I may reach the roads, - 40:36 (Picktall)


Ghafir (The Forgiver) - 40:37
The roads of the heavens, and may look upon the God of Moses, though verily I think him a liar. Thus was the evil that he did made fair seeming unto Pharaoh, and he was debarred from the (right) way. The plot of Pharaoh ended but in ruin. - 40:37 (Picktall)


Ghafir (The Forgiver) - 40:38
And he who believed said: O my people! Follow me. I will show you the way of right conduct. - 40:38 (Picktall)



Surah 2 is not only the longest Surah it is the most complex and was revealed in 10 discourses. Each ayyat must first be understood in it’s context of the Discourse it is part of..

Quran 2:65
And ye know of those of you who broke the Sabbath, how We said unto them: Be ye apes, despised and hated!

Is from the fourth discourse which is ayyats 40-120 and is directed primarily to Jews. It is a strong criticism of how they stopped following the Torah and Tanakh. Which may be noticeable by reading it along with the surrounding ayyats?

And when Moses asked for water for his people, We said: Smite with thy staff the rock. And there gushed out therefrom twelve springs (so that) each tribe knew their drinking place. Eat and drink of that which Allah hath provided, and do not act corruptly, making mischief in the earth. - 2:60 (Picktall)


And when ye said: O Moses! We are weary of one kind of food; so call upon thy Lord for us that he bring forth for us of that which the earth groweth of its herbs and its cucumbers and its corn and its lentils and its onions. He said: Would ye exchange that which is higher for that which is lower? Go down to settled country, thus ye shall get that which ye demand. And humiliation and wretchedness were stamped upon them and they were visited with wrath from Allah. That was because they disbelieved in Allah's revelations and slew the prophets wrongfully. That was for their disobedience and transgression. - 2:61 (Picktall)


Lo! those who believe (in that which is revealed unto thee, Muhammad), and those who are Jews, and Christians, and Sabaeans whoever believeth in Allah and the Last Day and doeth right surely their reward is with their Lord, and there shall no fear come upon them neither shall they grieve. - 2:62 (Picktall)


And (remember, O children of Israel) when We made a covenant with you and caused the Mount to tower above you, (saying): Hold fast that which We have given you, and remember that which is therein, that ye may ward off (evil). - 2:63 (Picktall)

Then, even after that, ye turned away, and if it had not been for the grace of Allah and His mercy ye had been among the losers. - 2:64 (Picktall)

And ye know of those of you who broke the Sabbath, bow We said unto them: Be ye apes, despised and hated! - 2:65 (Picktall)


And We made it an example to their own and to succeeding generations, and an admonition to the God fearing. - 2:66 (Picktall)


And when Moses said unto his people: Lo! Allah commandeth you that ye sacrifice a cow, they said: Dost thou make game of us? He answered: Allah forbid that I should be among the foolish! - 2:67 (Picktall)



They said: Pray for us unto thy Lord that He make clear to us what (cow) she is. (Moses) answered: Lo! He saith, Verily she is a cow neither with calf nor immature; (she is) between the two conditions; so do that which ye are commanded. - 2:68 (Picktall)

They said: Pray for us unto thy Lord that He make clear to us of what color she is. (Moses) answered: Lo! He saith: Verily she is a yellow cow. Bright is her color, gladdening beholders. - 2:69 (Picktall)


They said: Pray for us unto thy Lord that He make clear to us what (cow) she is. Lo! cows are much alike to us; and lo! if Allah wills, we may be led aright. - 2:70 (Picktall)


Ayyat 216 is from The 7th discourse which was revealed to the new Muslims and points out the responsibilities of Islam and what it means to be a Muslim

Quran 2:216
Fighting has been enjoined upon you while it is hateful to you. But perhaps you hate a thing and it is good for you; and perhaps you love a thing and it is bad for you. And Allah Knows, while you know not.

----I need to point out fighting is reference to a specific time that the Muslims were engaged in. Many were ready to surrender and stop performing Islam. This discourse is essentially a “Pep Talk” for a very discouraging time.

Beautified is the life of the world for those who disbelieve; they make a jest of the believers. But those who keep their duty to Allah will be above them on the Day of Resurrection. Allah giveth without stint to whom He will. - 2:212 (Picktall)


Mankind were one community, and Allah sent (unto them) Prophets as bearers of good tidings and as warners, and revealed therewith the Scripture with the truth that it might judge between mankind concerning that wherein they differed. And only those unto whom (the Scripture) was given differed concerning it, after clear proofs had come unto them, through hatred one of another. And Allah by His will guided those who believe unto the truth of that concerning which they differed. Allah guideth whom He will unto a Straight path. - 2:213 (Picktall)


Or think ye that ye will enter Paradise while yet there hath not come unto you the like of (that which came to) those who passed away before you? Affliction and adversity befell them, they were shaken as with earthquake, till the messenger (of Allah) and those who believed along with him said: When cometh Allah's help? Now surely Allah's help is nigh. - 2:214 (Picktall)


They ask thee, (O Muhammad), what they shall spend. Say: That which ye spend for good (must go) to parents and near kindred and orphans and the needy and the wayfarer. And whatsoever good ye do, lo! Allah is Aware of it. - 2:215 (Picktall)

Warfare is ordained for you, though it is hateful unto you; but it may happen that ye hate a thing which is good for you, and it may happen that ye love a thing which is bad for you. Allah knoweth, ye know not. - 2:216 (Picktall)


They question thee (O Muhammad) with regard to warfare in the sacred month. Say: Warfare therein is a great (transgression), but to turn (men) from the way of Allah, and to disbelieve in Him and in the Inviolable Place of Worship, and to expel his people thence, is a greater with Allah; for persecution is worse than killing. And they will not cease from fighting against you till they have made you renegades from your religion, if they can. And whoso becometh a renegade and dieth in his disbelief: such are they whose works have fallen both in the world and the Hereafter. Such are rightful owners of the Fire: they will abide therein. - 2:217 (Picktall)

Lo! those who believe, and those who emigrate (to escape the persecution) and strive in the way of Allah, these have hope of Allah's mercy. Allah is Forgiving, Merciful. - 2:218 (Picktall)


They question thee about strong drink and games of chance. Say: In both is great sin, and (some) utility for men; but the sin of them is greater than their usefulness. And they ask thee what they ought to spend. Say: That which is superfluous. Thus Allah maketh plain to you (His) revelations, that haply ye may reflect-- - 2:219 (Picktall)


Upon the world and the Hereafter. And they question thee concerning orphans. Say: To improve their lot is best. And if ye mingle your affairs with theirs, then (they are) your brothers. Allah knoweth him who spoileth from him who improveth. Had Allah willed He could have overburdened you. Allah is Mighty, Wise. - 2:220 (Picktall)




Surah 4 was revelaed in 9 discourses ayyat 22 is in the first ayyat which was revealed as means to establish harmony in the Family. Prior to this there were no family laws in Arabia. There was no restriction as to who could marry who, no rights for women or children, no limitation as to how many wives a man could have.

Quran 4:22
And do not marry those [women] whom your fathers married, except what has already occurred. Indeed, it was an immorality and hateful [to Allah ] and was evil as a way---(The exception was for this era alone as many of the new Muslims had already married women that had previously married to their father, it would not have been fair to force the men to cast those innocent women aside)

Surah 7 consists of 9 Discourses. Ayyat 166 is from the 7th discourse and is a paraphrasing of the Jewish Prophets and the warning they had given to those who stopped obeying the Torah and Tanakh. Ayyat 166 is directed specifically at the Jews that had stopped honoring the Scriptures. You can search in the Bible to see what God(swt) did to the Jews that stopped following the Holy Scriptures.


Quran 7:166
Therefore when they revoltingly persisted in what they had been forbidden, We said to them: Be (as) apes, despised and hated.

Ask them (O Muhammad) of the township that was by the sea, how they did break the sabbath, how their big fish came unto them visibly upon their sabbath day and on a day when they did not keep sabbath came they not unto them. Thus did We try them for that they were evil-livers. - 7:163 (Picktall)


And when a community among them said: Why preach ye to a folk whom Allah is about to destroy and punish with an awful doom, they said: In order to be free from guilt before your Lord, and that haply they may ward off (evil). - 7:164 (Picktall)

And when they forgot that whereof they had been reminded, We rescued those who forbade wrong, and visited those who did wrong with dreadful punishment because they were evil livers. - 7:165 (Picktall)


So when they took pride in that which they had been forbidden, We said unto them: Be ye apes despised and loathed! - 7:166 (Picktall)


And (remember) when thy Lord proclaimed that He would raise against them till the Day of Resurrection those who would lay on them a cruel torment. Lo! verily thy Lord is swift in prosecution and lo! verily He is Forgiving, Merciful. - 7:167 (Picktall)

And We have sundered them in the earth as (separate) nations. Some of them are righteous, and some far from that. And We have tried them with good things and evil things that haply they might return. - 7:168 (Picktall)



That is about all I have time to address at the Moment. I will attempt to come back the remainder after I recover from writer’s cramp.

If you ever decide to show any kindness, it would be an act of kindness to just post 1 or 2 ayyats at a time. The “Shotgun approach” is both overkill and renders a post difficult to reply to.
__________________
When posting as a MOD my posts will be in red

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks


MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-05-2016, 10:14 PM
 
2,050 posts, read 663,200 times
Reputation: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by juju33312 View Post
He's not saying you said it, he's saying it is in the Quran.

Two Examples:
Therefore (for) whomsoever Allah intends that He would guide him aright, He expands his breast for Islam, and (for) whomsoever He intends that He should cause him to err, He makes his breast strait and narrow as though he were ascending upwards; thus does Allah lay uncleanness on those who do not believe.


Quran 9:28
O you who believe (in Allah's Oneness and in His Messenger (Muhammad SAW)! Verily, the Mushrikun (polytheists, pagans, idolaters, disbelievers in the Oneness of Allah, and in the Message of Muhammad SAW) are Najasun (impure).

Also see the verses on hate I just posted.
Thank you for the clarification
Repeat the question
Are all the infidels are unclean are Najasun (impure).

Are the Chinese, Indian and Buddhist
The Christian and Jewish unclean are Najasun (impure)
Why this talk
Every man is not a Muslim is unclean Najasun (impure).
Is this a good education
He teach hatred
For this reason
i am Type
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-05-2016, 10:34 PM
 
2,050 posts, read 663,200 times
Reputation: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post

That is about all I have time to address at the Moment. I will attempt to come back the remainder after I recover from writer’s cramp.

If you ever decide to show any kindness, it would be an act of kindness to just post 1 or 2 ayyats at a time. The “Shotgun approach” is both overkill and renders a post difficult to reply to.
Verses provided by worthless to prove anything
For example
That Haman built a tower
While this is a great historic mis
Who built the Tower of Babel is the Nebuchadnezzar
Not
Haman
The story of Moses in the Holy confused
And it does not involve any historical fact
I mean Moses, as in the books of the Jews
The followers of Moses were the Hebrews
Moses did not enter Palestine
Moses died on Mount Horeb
Moses had the privilege of his upbringing Pharaonic
And Moses did not preach in Egypt
Moses was a function is to go to Palestine with his people
And people Qlstin was the island of Crete
This is the correct date
Does the Koran knows this simple information
And now I offer you the following question
If Muslims believe that Moses, Jesus, the prophets of God
Why declared war on them
Why announced his hostility to them the Koran
Supposed to be respected
And not to kill them
So suit Koran believes in the prophets are false lawsuit
I do not believe in Muhammad
But I believe in Christ
Why believe in an infidel builder
Jewish believes in God in the full qualities
It is written by the Koran more than two thousand years
So the goal of the Quran is not faith in God
But the purpose of the Koran is the faith in Mohammed partner with God
This is rejected by the Jewish and Christian
Even other people
Rejects a man came from the desert
Do you believe in the teachings of Muhammad finest from the teachings of Plato
Or it is the finest of the teachings of Christ
Christ declared the law of love
While Mohammed declared the law of hatred, war and fighting
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2017, 04:58 AM
 
23 posts, read 8,711 times
Reputation: 10
Quran is the Word of Allah. Can Muhammad (peace be upon him) wrote this kind of book with scientific precision 1400 years ago?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top