U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2016, 09:38 PM

15,511 posts, read 13,317,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
You are kicking your own backside by stating and using the term 'ALL terrorism is related to Islam.'
I have always insisted all terrorism, evils and violence related to Islam are due to SOME evil prone Muslims being influenced evil laden elements which are a part of Islam.

The meter is a fact, truth and reflect reality.
Boring is subjective and you dislike it because it reflect an aspect of truth of your religion, albeit you are not a part of this evil.

The point is you definitely need evidence from me to support my views, otherwise you will complain my views are merely conjectures. This meter is a fact and a very necessary evidence to support my views objectively.

It is like some one in a court hearing who complain of being boring hearing the list of 29,000 crimes committed by the defendant, but that evidence is critically necessary on a legal basis to justify the accusation of his crimes.
While the meter may be of some use, it is an accumulation of raw data over a 15 year period. Raw data is just a starting point and not a statistical study.

What would be more helpful would be a meter that shows if the rate of attacks are increasing or decresing each year rather than a fifteen year accumulation. We can calculate from the meter that there has been an average of 2,000 attacks per year, what would be more beneficial is to show if the annual attacks are rising or declining.

When one reads the data for each year, I think it is significant that there were 4,685 deaths attributed to terrorists in 1983-2001, 418 in 2002, 58 in 2009, 768 in 2013 and 2011 in 2014.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...rorist_attacks

There seems to be a steady decline and then a rapid increase as ISIS rose in power.

Data like that does a better job at showing what is happening than an accumulating meter. Which may be for the purpose of instilling fear. The accumulating meter will always show a horrific number. Even if all terrorist attacks one is going to see a large number and no evidence if things are improving.

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks

MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2016, 12:51 AM

3,440 posts, read 1,592,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
While the meter may be of some use, it is an accumulation of raw data over a 15 year period. Raw data is just a starting point and not a statistical study.

What would be more helpful would be a meter that shows if the rate of attacks are increasing or decresing each year rather than a fifteen year accumulation. We can calculate from the meter that there has been an average of 2,000 attacks per year, what would be more beneficial is to show if the annual attacks are rising or declining.

When one reads the data for each year, I think it is significant that there were 4,685 deaths attributed to terrorists in 1983-2001, 418 in 2002, 58 in 2009, 768 in 2013 and 2011 in 2014.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...rorist_attacks

There seems to be a steady decline and then a rapid increase as ISIS rose in power.

Data like that does a better job at showing what is happening than an accumulating meter. Which may be for the purpose of instilling fear. The accumulating meter will always show a horrific number. Even if all terrorist attacks one is going to see a large number and no evidence if things are improving.
I agree the more detailed analysis of any total data from various perspectives, criteria, etc. is more useful.

If I can have a more detailed analysis I would definitely grab that.

In the meantime what I have is only the one below and it is very convenient to link, so I will use it till I have more detailed analysis; [29,037] was 29,014 only yesterday.

For more detail of the above listing, read this;
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pa.../the-list.aspx

A few points therefrom;

Quote:
The point of this list is not to convince anyone that they are in mortal danger or that Muslims are innately dangerous people (they are not, of course). Rather it is to point out that Islam is different. No other religion inspires the sort of terrorism that the "Religion of Peace" produces. It should be acceptable to question and critique the teachings, particularly those that are supremacist in nature.

We also hope that this list offers moral perspective against so-called "Islamophobia" and other complaints from Muslim identity groups that are petty by comparison. Who knows - perhaps one day these groups will decide to take the sort of action expected of those who truly believe that it is wrong to kill in the name of their religion.
The listing is also conservative;
Quote:
In 2014, the BBC did a thorough analysis of Islamic terror attacks occurring during the month of November. They found 664 attacks and 5,042 deaths. Our list has only 284 attacks and 2,515 deaths for that month, meaning that we undercounted the true extent of Islamic terror by a significant margin.

Old 08-17-2016, 10:39 AM

Quote:
I agree the more detailed analysis of any total data from various perspectives, criteria, etc. is more useful.

If I can have a more detailed analysis I would definitely grab that.

In the meantime what I have is only the one below and it is very convenient to link, so I will use it till I have more detailed analysis; [29,037] was 29,014 only yesterday.

For more detail of the above listing, read this;
About the List of Islamic Terror Attacks

A few points therefrom;

The listing is also conservative;
One thing that can be determined is is the average number of daily attacks of the past 15 years and reveal the years in which they were the highest. It is readily noted that the average b per year is almost exactly 2,000 which relates to abut 6 per day. so looking at that we can see yesterday with 23 attacks is nearly 4 times the average. The question now comes to be why the spike and who is responsible. What differentiate them from the majority of the World's Muslims? If we can answer that we may be able to ascertain a probable cause.

Old 08-17-2016, 02:23 PM

3,168 posts, read 1,045,849 times
Quote:
One thing that can be determined is is the average number of daily attacks of the past 15 years and reveal the years in which they were the highest. It is readily noted that the average b per year is almost exactly 2,000 which relates to abut 6 per day. so looking at that we can see yesterday with 23 attacks is nearly 4 times the average. The question now comes to be why the spike and who is responsible. What differentiate them from the majority of the World's Muslims? If we can answer that we may be able to ascertain a probable cause.
Easy! The more attacks on Islam the more will get angry and do evil acts. But I am sure many on both sides will not understand what they are doing. Both sides are hell bent on fighting fire with fire. Only the intelligent people fight fire with water.

Old 08-17-2016, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalif View Post
Easy! The more attacks on Islam the more will get angry and do evil acts. But I am sure many on both sides will not understand what they are doing. Both sides are hell bent on fighting fire with fire. Only the intelligent people fight fire with water.
True

Too many people in this world believe you fight fire with gasoline and the result is everybody gets burned.

Old 08-18-2016, 12:51 AM

Quote:
In this case of the counter, resorting to the average should only be a secondary consideration. I don't have the actual but it is possible there are periods of time where the attacks are 50 five or ten years ago. Such spikes are not very helpful except to understand the cause for the individual spike.

What is primary is to focus on the total and do an analysis of the breakdown into various categories.
Then we trace the root cause of these various categories.
In addition we should do all possible types of analysis that will be helpful to get to the ultimate roots of the problem.

The fact is whichever categories or even considering your spikes and average, the ultimate root causes will lead the following;
1. 20% of evil prone Muslims
2. The evil [besides the good] laden elements in the Quran.
The majority of incidents in that counter are related to political issues, but what ultimately prompted these evil prone Muslims to fight and spread terror [outside conventional limits] is because Allah sanctioned such acts within the Quran.

Here is one example to show how the Quran is the critical factor;

1. The Russians captured Afghanistan.
2. The CIA nudged SOME evil prone Muslims reminding them of verses in the Quran that exhort Muslims to fight infidels who occupy Islamic lands.
3. So it is the Quran and its verses that is the critical factor that trigger Al Qaeda to emerge.
4. After the Russians were booted out, the Americans are not the target of the evil prone Muslims who are driven by the ethos of Islam to fight infidels who occupy Islamic land.
5. So as you can see the critical factors are the verses from the Quran [i.e. Islam] which happen to be evil laden without any overriding limits on killing.
Note in contrast, China occupied Tibetan [Buddhists' Land] but the Tibetan Buddhists have no exhortation from the Buddhist texts at all to fight or kill non-Buddhists who occupy Buddhists' land. We don't hear of Buddhists from all over the world going to Tibet to fight the communists.

See the difference, in both cases, the problem is political but what aggravated the situation further into real terrible evils are the evil laden verses in the Quran that end up with 911 and all the coward evils and violent acts around the world.

Therefore the ultimate root cause of all the terrible evils related to Islamists are the lots of evil laden elements in the Quran influencing and inspiring SOME evil prone Muslims to commit evils and violence around the world.
I don't believe you can counter my logical argument above.

Last edited by Continuum; 08-18-2016 at 01:07 AM..

Old 08-18-2016, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalif View Post
Yes,
"Easy! The more attacks on Islam the more [of SOME evil prone Muslims] will get angry and do evil acts" as exhorted by the evil laden verses in the Quran.

You don't seem to understand reality.

Why is there so much criticisms and condemnation of Islam from non-Muslims in comparison to the condemnation against other non-Muslims religions?
Don't give me the silly excuse non-Muslims are jealous of Islam for whatever the reasons.

Why is it, no one has bother to do a counter and maintain one like the following for Buddhists, Christians, Taoists, Jainists, etc. [29,045]

Old 08-18-2016, 01:10 AM

3,168 posts, read 1,045,849 times
Quote:
In this case of the counter, resorting to the average should only be a secondary consideration. I don't have the actual but it possible a period of time where the attacks are 50 five or ten years ago. Such spikes are not very helpful except to understand the cause for the individual spike.

What is primary is to focus on the total and do an analysis of the breakdown into various categories.
Then we trace the root cause of these various categories.

The fact is whichever categories or even considering your spikes and average, the ultimate root causes will lead the following;

1. 20% of evil prone Muslims
2. The evil [besides the good] laden elements in the Quran.

The majority of incidents in that counter are related to political issues, but what ultimately prompted these evil prone Muslims to fight and spread terror [outside conventional limits] is because Allah sanctioned such acts within the Quran.
Only a person ignorant of what Allah has sanctioned in the Qur'an will think in this way despite being well aware that the majority incidents are related to "political issues".

Why?

Because the Qur'an and Islam, and not the political issues, must attacked.

Old 08-18-2016, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Yes,
"Easy! The more attacks on Islam the more [of SOME evil prone Muslims] will get angry and do evil acts" as exhorted by the evil laden verses in the Quran.

You don't seem to understand reality.

Why is there so much criticisms and condemnation of Islam from non-Muslims in comparison to the condemnation against other non-Muslims religions?
Don't give me the silly excuse non-Muslims are jealous of Islam for whatever the reasons.

Why is it, no one has bother to do a counter and maintain one like the following for Buddhists, Christians, Taoists, Jainists, etc. [29,045]
Because such a counter would not present what the average reader wants to see. Not even an act like this would ever be called Christian Terrorism

Anti-Muslim Hatred Blamed for Christian Man’s Death

Old 08-18-2016, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Because such a counter would not present what the average reader wants to see.
Nah, because there are insignificant and a non-threatening numbers of evil and violent incident by other non-Muslims believers.

If there are non-Muslims who are evils and violent and are associated with their religions, the fact is their influence to commit evils is not directly inspired by verses from their holy texts at all.

Quote:
Not even an act like this would ever be called Christian Terrorism

Anti-Muslim Hatred Blamed for Christian Man’s Death
Obvious this is a serious crime and a terror to Muslims. Such crime and terror must be dealt with an addressed.
Because it has nothing to do with Christianity, i.e. Jesus teachings, there is nothing to worry about in in terms of the religion of Christianity.

The only worry is Muslims are to worry about is some perverted weirdo Christians will do the mad thing. Thus people must be on the look out for such mad Christians.

Another point is what is happening at present is these mad Christians or non-Muslims are reacting to the violence committed by SOME Muslims who are evil prone and who are influenced by the evil laden elements in the Quran.

This is what has happened to the violent prone Buddhists in Myanmar [their violence are to be condemned] who insisted they are responding with evil to Muslims only because they view Islam as a threat to their religion as proven by evils and violence committed by SOME evil prone Muslims around the world.
The question is why do these evil prone Buddhist attack ONLY Muslims and not other non-Buddhists.
On the other hand the SOME Muslims who are evil prone will target and attack any and all non-Muslims.
So reflect on this point.

All evils and violence must be addressed and dealt with without exceptions.
However what is critical here is, Islamic-inspired evils and violence can be traced to the evil laden elements in the Quran.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or