U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-18-2016, 02:25 AM
 
3,167 posts, read 1,042,559 times
Reputation: 289

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
Btw, what is your level of knowledge of the Quran and Ahadith?

If you have not read the Quran more than 10 times, preferable a minimum of 50 times at one go, then, your views on ISIS and any serious matters related to Islam and Muslims are not credible. In addition if you read the English translation, then you must cross reference with at least 30 English translations of the Quran.
O.A.Bachlow does not need to read the Qur'an 50 times to understand ISIS. Obama, Trump or Clinton haven't read the Qur'an 50 times to understand ISIS. Even you haven't understood ISIS after reading the Qur'an 60 times.

To understand ISIS, you read ISIS and not the Qur'an or the Bible..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-18-2016, 05:46 AM
 
Location: Logan Township, Minnesota
15,511 posts, read 13,302,730 times
Reputation: 7407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
I do not agree ISIS and other terror groups seek non-Muslims. If any those are the exceptions rather than the norm.

There is no doubt that Muslims of ISIS and other Islamic terror groups are well versed with Islam and practiced Islam zealously.

However it is very likely ISIS will take advantage of Muslims who are not serious practitioners of the religions, especially the very sinful and guilty ones then show them what Allah expect of them within the Quran. These leaders will direct these vulnerable Muslims to the appropriate verses in the Quran that exhort them to be truer Muslims with greater rewards in Paradise.

Why these terror leaders are able to exploit the vulnerable Muslims to commit terrible evils and violence is because the evil laden elements as sanctioned by Allah are already in the Quran. I am confident the leaders will also act in accordance to the expectations of Allah because they are terrified of Hell and want eternal life in Paradise. It is not likely they will act on their own against Allah's words.

Nice wide open space full of fields. I love the countryside. Envious, wish I could live in places like that.
Except there is considerable evidence ISIS is primarily targeting non-Muslims and uneducated recent reverts, as recruits.

The Islamic State group's recruitment campaign in Western countries is attracting converts who intelligence officials and experts say are the most fanatical adherents to radical Islam.

Islamic State Recruiting Christians? Muslim Converts Joining ISIS Militant Fighters


Even though the Islamic State’s ideology is explicitly at odds with the West, the group is making a relentless effort to recruit Westerners into its ranks, eager to exploit them for their outsize propaganda value. Through January this year, at least 100 Americans were thought to have traveled to join jihadists in Syria and Iraq, among nearly 4,000 Westerners who had done so.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/28/wo...ican.html?_r=0


One of the most sophisticated and influential recruiters today of young, troubled Muslims is the Islamic State group. The group has created a powerful recruitment machine that skillfully exploits adolescent vulnerabilities. While there is no set profile of an Islamic State recruit, experts have identified common psychological traits among Western adolescents that Islamic State and other radical groups tap into: the search for an identity and community, stemming from alienation.

The personality that's most vulnerable to Islamic State recruitment in the West | Deseret News National


So what is it about ISIS and its uncanny ability to recruit Westerners? Here are five methods the group employs:
It preys on a recruit's sense of identity

Why is ISIS so successful at luring Westerners? - CNN.com


Probably the main reason ISIS concentrates on recruiting those with little knowledge of Islam, is because ISIS is killing Muslims.

Muslims Are the VICTIMS of “Between 82 and 97% of Terrorism-Related Fatalities”: US Government

http://www.globalresearch.ca/muslims...rnment/5516565

ISIS’s Gruesome Muslim Death Toll

The group’s killing of Westerners gets attention. But ISIS has killed far more Muslims, and publicizing that fact would harm it more.
Last Thursday, the United Nations released a report that could provide us with one of the keys to defeating ISIS. Unfortunately, it received almost zero media attention.
What makes this 26-page report (PDF) so powerful is that it describes to us the gruesome circumstances in which ISIS has killed fellow Muslims. We are talking beheadings, killing of women for objecting to ISIS’ policies, and executing Sunni Muslim clerics for refusing to swear allegiance to ISIS.
ISIS

According to a 2011 report by the National Counterterrorism Center, Muslims are the most likely victims of Islamist militancy.
“In cases where the religious affiliation of terrorism casualties could be determined, Muslims suffered between 82 and 97 percent of terrorism-related fatalities over the past five years,” the report said.
https://thinkprogress.org/isis-musli...c62#.vmm1o9k1z
__________________
When posting as a MOD my posts will be in red

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks


MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2016, 07:04 AM
 
352 posts, read 308,854 times
Reputation: 54
Bismillaah ir Rahmaan ir Rahiim. As salaamu alaykum. What I have observed about ISIS, is the fact that they have a counterpart. In the West, it is known as Dog!! I find them to be stupidly heartless, just like ISIS. They are [both ISIS, and dog] irreligious, terrorist minded, anti-humanity, and sex crazed. Study them for yourselves.

But, ISIS does not hide anything that they do. They appeal to the lowest forms of character in any person. That is the reason for their success in recruiting the socially inferior or uncouth.

ISIS Burns Alive Four Prisoners in Grisly Revenge Flick


The Islamic State's (ISIS, ISIL) Magazine Dabiq Magazine



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mBWMbuDp-s Wahhabism: The School of Ibn Taymiyyah - The Root of Terrorism?


http://www.globalresearch.ca/america...-group/5402881 America Created Al-Qaeda and the ISIS Terror Group By Garikai Chengu



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rtZN652OAo ISIS: ON THE FRONTLINE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2016, 10:59 PM
 
Location: Not-a-Theist
3,440 posts, read 1,588,795 times
Reputation: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Except there is considerable evidence ISIS is primarily targeting non-Muslims and uneducated recent reverts, as recruits.

The Islamic State group's recruitment campaign in Western countries is attracting converts who intelligence officials and experts say are the most fanatical adherents to radical Islam.

Islamic State Recruiting Christians? Muslim Converts Joining ISIS Militant Fighters


Even though the Islamic State’s ideology is explicitly at odds with the West, the group is making a relentless effort to recruit Westerners into its ranks, eager to exploit them for their outsize propaganda value. Through January this year, at least 100 Americans were thought to have traveled to join jihadists in Syria and Iraq, among nearly 4,000 Westerners who had done so.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/28/wo...ican.html?_r=0


One of the most sophisticated and influential recruiters today of young, troubled Muslims is the Islamic State group. The group has created a powerful recruitment machine that skillfully exploits adolescent vulnerabilities. While there is no set profile of an Islamic State recruit, experts have identified common psychological traits among Western adolescents that Islamic State and other radical groups tap into: the search for an identity and community, stemming from alienation.

The personality that's most vulnerable to Islamic State recruitment in the West | Deseret News National


So what is it about ISIS and its uncanny ability to recruit Westerners? Here are five methods the group employs:
It preys on a recruit's sense of identity

Why is ISIS so successful at luring Westerners? - CNN.com


Probably the main reason ISIS concentrates on recruiting those with little knowledge of Islam, is because ISIS is killing Muslims.

Muslims Are the VICTIMS of “Between 82 and 97% of Terrorism-Related Fatalities”: US Government

http://www.globalresearch.ca/muslims...rnment/5516565

ISIS’s Gruesome Muslim Death Toll

The group’s killing of Westerners gets attention. But ISIS has killed far more Muslims, and publicizing that fact would harm it more.
Last Thursday, the United Nations released a report that could provide us with one of the keys to defeating ISIS. Unfortunately, it received almost zero media attention.
What makes this 26-page report (PDF) so powerful is that it describes to us the gruesome circumstances in which ISIS has killed fellow Muslims. We are talking beheadings, killing of women for objecting to ISIS’ policies, and executing Sunni Muslim clerics for refusing to swear allegiance to ISIS.
ISIS

According to a 2011 report by the National Counterterrorism Center, Muslims are the most likely victims of Islamist militancy.
“In cases where the religious affiliation of terrorism casualties could be determined, Muslims suffered between 82 and 97 percent of terrorism-related fatalities over the past five years,” the report said.
https://thinkprogress.org/isis-musli...c62#.vmm1o9k1z
I stated I do not agree ISIS is recruiting non-Muslims directly. If any they are exceptions.

As most of the reports above indicated ISIS are attracting Muslims converts, i.e. they are already Muslims when they joined ISIS.

The fact that ISIS can attract new converts so easily is because of Islam [Quran] itself.
ISIS is merely using what is stated by Allah [in the Quran & Ahadith] to attract converted Muslims.

Btw, it is not only ISIS, but any group of evil prone Muslims can use the verses of the Quran to attract other evil prone Muslims to commit terrible evils and violence in accordance to what is sanctioned by the Quran.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-19-2016, 12:10 AM
 
Location: Logan Township, Minnesota
15,511 posts, read 13,302,730 times
Reputation: 7407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
I stated I do not agree ISIS is recruiting non-Muslims directly. If any they are exceptions.

As most of the reports above indicated ISIS are attracting Muslims converts, i.e. they are already Muslims when they joined ISIS.

The fact that ISIS can attract new converts so easily is because of Islam [Quran] itself.
ISIS is merely using what is stated by Allah [in the Quran & Ahadith] to attract converted Muslims.

Btw, it is not only ISIS, but any group of evil prone Muslims can use the verses of the Quran to attract other evil prone Muslims to commit terrible evils and violence in accordance to what is sanctioned by the Quran.
I believe they are such recent recruits, they had never read the Qur'an and converted for the purpose of Joining ISIS not because they believe. Nothing is required to show they have converted, they need to only say they are Muslim to be considered a convert. Looking at their families, often the families were not even aware they had any interest in Islam.

If a person actually believes the Qur'an they should be aware that the Qur'an condemns aggression and the harming of those that are not physically attacking. even then one is to only use sufficient force to stop the attack.

But it is true that despots such as al-Baghdadi will use deceit to convince the gullible and evil prone that the Qur'an justifies violence.

You may be aware that peaceful Muslims use the very same Qur'an to show that Islam forbids aggression/ A few notable pacifist Muslims

Khan Abdul Ghaffar Khan: The Muslim Gandhi | Asia | DW.COM | 06.10.2011

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Muslim_pacifists

http://peace.maripo.com/p_peacemakers_muslims.htm

The American Muslim (TAM)
__________________
When posting as a MOD my posts will be in red

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks


MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-19-2016, 12:23 AM
 
Location: Not-a-Theist
3,440 posts, read 1,588,795 times
Reputation: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
I believe they are such recent recruits, they had never read the Qur'an and converted for the purpose of Joining ISIS not because they believe. Nothing is required to show they have converted, they need to only say they are Muslim to be considered a convert. Looking at their families, often the families were not even aware they had any interest in Islam.

If a person actually believes the Qur'an they should be aware that the Qur'an condemns aggression and the harming of those that are not physically attacking. even then one is to only use sufficient force to stop the attack.

But it is true that despots such as al-Baghdadi will use deceit to convince the gullible and evil prone that the Qur'an justifies violence.

You may be aware that peaceful Muslims use the very same Qur'an to show that Islam forbids aggression/ A few notable pacifist Muslims

Khan Abdul Ghaffar Khan: The Muslim Gandhi | Asia | DW.COM | 06.10.2011

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Muslim_pacifists

http://peace.maripo.com/p_peacemakers_muslims.htm

The American Muslim (TAM)
I believe there will NOT be many [if any are exceptions] who will join ISIS directly as a non-Muslim.

Quote:
But it is true that despots such as al-Baghdadi will use deceit to convince the gullible and evil prone that the Qur'an justifies violence.

You may be aware that peaceful Muslims use the very same Qur'an to show that Islam forbids aggression/ A few notable pacifist Muslims
Note my DUCK-RABBIT explanation.

The point is good and evil elements exist in the Quran and those with ACTIVE evil tendencies will perceive and be inclined to act out the evil laden elements in the believe they are doing their duty as Muslims.

Now the fact is no one on Earth can judge whether al-Baghdadi and his likes are right or wrong.
If they [evil prone Muslims] believe [with justifications] non-Muslims are a threat and has been committing fitna against Islam and Muslims, then kill non-Muslims, who can judge they are wrong?
The bottom line is they are confident Allah will be very pleased with what they are doing as a Muslim [mumin, muttagin,].

There is no way you or any one else can convince the evil prone Muslims are wrong.
Can you?
You can argue with Al-Badhdadi or Anjem Choudary and his likes till the cows come home, you will never ever be able to convince them they are wrong.

The point is, if the evil laden elements were not included in the Quran in the first place by humans, then there would not be such a problem at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-19-2016, 12:49 AM
 
3,167 posts, read 1,042,559 times
Reputation: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
The fact that ISIS can attract new converts so easily is because of Islam [Quran] itself.
Well, if you use the same logic, you will understand that they should be able to attract people like me and Woodrow LI too because of Islam (Qur'an) itself. They can't attracts us because of Islam (Qur'an) itself; we do understand Islam (Qur'an) itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
ISIS is merely using what is stated by Allah [in the Quran & Ahadith] to attract converted Muslims.
It does not say so in the Qur'an. Stop making false claims about the Qur'an and Allah!

Also, hadith books are not from Allah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
Btw, it is not only ISIS, but any group of evil prone Muslims can use the verses of the Quran to attract other evil prone Muslims to commit terrible evils and violence in accordance to what is sanctioned by the Quran.
That is a blatant lie against the Qur'an. The Qur'an hasn't sanctioned to commit terrible evils and violence. Not even one verse commands me to commit evil acts.

This lie is no better than the Crusade against Iraq sanctioned by God of GWB. WMDs in Iraq has been proven to be a lie. This has resulted in creation of DAESH otherwise known as ISIS..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-19-2016, 12:53 AM
 
3,167 posts, read 1,042,559 times
Reputation: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
Note my DUCK-RABBIT explanation.
It's a crap!

The Qur'an sanctions committing evil is neither DUCK nor RABBIT but CRAP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-19-2016, 12:57 AM
 
3,167 posts, read 1,042,559 times
Reputation: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
The point is, if the evil laden elements were not included in the Quran in the first place by humans, then there would not be such a problem at all.
The point that you can't understand is that if Bush and Blair hadn't declared a crusade against Saddam and his non-existing WMDs and attacked Iraq, there would have been no ISIS today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-19-2016, 05:43 AM
 
352 posts, read 308,854 times
Reputation: 54
Bismillaah ir Rahmaan ir Rahiim. As salaamu alaykum. There are rumors that state Al Baghdadi was killed in a bombing attack in June 2016.


A shorter version of this letter was originally circulated. This extended version, should be studied for its wise content, which has been thought out by serious scholars.

A letter to Al Baghdadi (pdf)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top