U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-25-2016, 01:37 AM
 
Location: Not-a-Theist
3,440 posts, read 1,584,535 times
Reputation: 461

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalif View Post
This is where your 60+ readings of the Qur'an have been useless and a complete waste of time.

You must understand that One or Two verse (say 60:8-9) of the Qur'an could be overriding ALL the rest on the same issue. The rest are situational but One or Two could be overriding the situational ones. And in this case, the Two are.

The threat is WAR. There is no threat if there is no WAR. 60:8-9 makes it clear but your mind is closed to the overall context of the Qur'an. Complying with all the other verses will make such compliance either in ignorance or in kufr if 60:8-9 is not complied with. Understand?

This is the most stupid understanding of the Qur'an so far. 60:8-9 do not contradict the Qur'an. These verses are there so that the Qur'an is not misunderstood. ISIS twist some verses and ignore the others completely. You do the same because you keep reading the Qur'an but do not study it.
Note my earlier post where I refute your 60:8-9 claims.
As I had mentioned many times there is a TSUNAMI of evil laden verses that overwhelm 60:8-9 to influence evil prones in fighting and killing non-Muslims

Quote:
Are you a king that you can do it but not I?
I have stated many times, i.e. YOU, ME and no humans on Earth can judge on behalf of Allah in relation to his words in the Quran.
The objective fact is there are evil laden elements in the Quran that influenced and inspired the evil prone Muslims to commit terrible evils and violence. The end result of their compliance with these evil laden elements in the Quran is this solid evidence. Note "solid evidence" not imaginary figures! [29,088]



The consequences and the causes speak for themselves.

Quote:
A load of nonsense and ignorance about the verses of the Qur'an!

I read the same Qur'an and I am not to do evil according to the Qur'an.
I have already explained this 'umpteens times' [maybe hundred++], i.e. not every human will be influenced nor inspired to commit evil and violence when they read or are exposed to evil laden elements anywhere.
But the problem is the existence of the evil laden elements themselves that influence the ~20% of evil prone Muslims [not you] to commit terrible evils and violence.
IF I am God now, I will straight away make the evil laden elements in the Quran disappear and instantly that will prevent Islamic-inspired violence.
Just because it is your conclusion in the project, does not mean that it is the correct conclusion. I would throw it in the rubbish bin if I were to moderate your project. I will know the conclusion inside out through experience that you are utterly wrong in your conclusion.[/quote]It is so easy to test my hypothesis theoretically based on logic and rational objectivity.

Note my above, this is a theoretical test;
If I am God now, I will straight away make the evil laden elements in the Quran disappear immediately and instantly that will prevent Islamic-inspired violence.
In this case, no evil prone Muslims will be able to justify any evils and violent act from the Quran because there are none [Zero] evil laden verses for them to quote.
No zealous Muslims [evil prone] will dare to go against Allah's words which now do not contain any evil laden elements at all.
As far as self-defense war or whatever, it will be left to secular laws and political armies of the individual Nation.
The central purpose of the believer is to manage his/her own state-of-ease. [lil'yus'rā لِلْيُسْرَى ى س ر] on a private and personal basis.

Therefore the conclusion of my project is confirmed to be at least theoretical correct.
What remain is how feasible can it be implemented and applied in practice.

The solution is not feasible at present, but I have solutions on how to implement it in the future [next ~75 years] without shaking that necessary state-of-ease of any believers at all.

Last edited by Continuum; 08-25-2016 at 01:45 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-26-2016, 05:58 AM
 
3,167 posts, read 1,038,942 times
Reputation: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
Note my earlier post where I refute your 60:8-9 claims.
As I had mentioned many times there is a TSUNAMI of evil laden verses that overwhelm 60:8-9 to influence evil prones in fighting and killing non-Muslims.
60:8-9 is the TSUNAMI that overrides your misrepresentation of the other verses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
I have stated many times, i.e. YOU, ME and no humans on Earth can judge on behalf of Allah in relation to his words in the Quran.
His words in the Qur'an are for us all. We must ponder over them and understand them. You do not understand them but only count them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
The objective fact is there are evil laden elements in the Quran that influenced and inspired the evil prone Muslims to commit terrible evils and violence.
I reject the point that there are evil verses in the Qur'an that command anyone to commit evil. Your parroting "evil elements" is misrepresenting the Qur'an. If the verses do not command Muslims to commit evil then there are no verses that are evil elements in the Qur'an otherwise most Muslims would be committing evil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
The end result of their compliance with these evil laden elements in the Quran is this solid evidence. Note "solid evidence" not imaginary figures! [29,088]
First of all, you must prove that there is solid evidence in the Qur'an that there are verses in the Qur'an that command them to do evil. In absence of such verses, you have no proof that the evil is committed because of the Qur'an.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
The consequences and the causes speak for themselves.
Deaf can't hear that it is politics and not the Qur'an that speak for these evils. No leader of the civilized country will ever blame the Qur'an just as they won't blame their politics. You can carry on doing so for another century, it won't change a thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
I have already explained this 'umpteens times' [maybe hundred++], i.e. not every human will be influenced nor inspired to commit evil and violence when they read or are exposed to evil laden elements anywhere.
Then it is the humans who do wrong or do good. They have potential to do both but many have learnt from the Qur'an not to do evil by controlling their Self (Nafs).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
But the problem is the existence of the evil laden elements themselves that influence the ~20% of evil prone Muslims [not you] to commit terrible evils and violence.
It is not the problem but your understanding is the problem and their understanding is the problem. When you or them can't understand the Qur'an you blame the Qur'an but not yourself. I will not blame the Qur'an because the Qur'an forbids doing of the evil and exhorts me and all others to do good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
IF I am God now, I will straight away make the evil laden elements in the Quran disappear and instantly that will prevent Islamic-inspired violence.
If you were such God, you would fail to stop political violence from Muslims.

The problem with you, as God, would be that you would not understand that most Muslims do not see the Qur'an exhorting them to do evil. Therefore, you would be unable to understand that it is not the vers4es of the Qur'an that are the problem but your failure to understand that evil doers do not understand the Qur'an.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
It is so easy to test my hypothesis theoretically based on logic and rational objectivity.
I have tested it and found it wanting. There is no logic or rationality in it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-31-2016, 07:35 PM
 
1,244 posts, read 710,100 times
Reputation: 1196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post


It is not a question of whether ISIS represent Islam or not.
Rather we must find out whether ISIS members individually and collective perform Islam in accordance to the terms and conditions in the Quran and no where else.

This meant do they perform the following;
1. 5 pillars of Islam
2. 6 pillars of Imam
3. x pillars of Ihsan
4. Comply with other terms and conditions in the Quran

Without going into details, based on what I have read, I believe many members has perform a majority of the above pillars and comply with more terms and conditions than the ordinary non-ISIS Muslims.

What is critical here is whether the members of ISIS commit any unpardonable sin like attributing partners to Allah. I have not read they have committed unpardonable sins.
Whatever sins they have committed are forgivable and pardonable and they will go to Paradise.

If we are to use the 6,236 verses as a checklist of compliance as a truer Muslim, I believe many of the Muslims of ISIS are truer Muslims in comparison to the majority of moderates.

If the Muslims of ISIS are truer Muslims and they commit so much terrible evils and violence, then we must look at the Quran [in part] seriously.
I am posting in this somewhat old thread to add information that will answer the above post. You are correct in your observation that many isis members appear to be more religious than the average muslim. This was adressed by the Prophet peace and blessing upon him, when he prophesized the arrival of extremists within the community :


At the end of times, there will appear some people among you who are young in age, immature and senseless; they will use the best of the speech of the people in their claims, and they will leave Islam just as the arrow pierces the body of the game and then abandons it. Their faith will not go past their throats, so wherever you see them, kill them; for their killing will be recompensed and rewarded on the Day of Judgement. (Bukhari)

The Messenger of Allah said: Your prayer does not compare to their prayer, nor does your fasting compare to their fasting, nor does your recitation compare to their recitation (Muslim). And in another narration, he said: You will slight your prayers in comparison to theirs (Bukhari and Muslim).

They were described in the hadiths as appearing to be more religious than the rest of the community. As the words "their faith will not go past their throats" mean their faith does not reach their hearts.

As to whether they are promised to Heaven, read this hadith :

Abu Ghalib reported: Abu Umamah said, “The rebels (meaning the radicals) are the worst of those slain under the heavens, and the best of those slain are those who were killed by them. They are the dogs of the Hellfire. They were Muslims but they became stubborn unbelievers.” I said, “O Abu Umamah, is this something you say?” Abu Umamah said, “No, rather I heard it from the Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him.”

Source: Sunan Ibn Majah 176
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-31-2016, 10:18 PM
 
Location: Not-a-Theist
3,440 posts, read 1,584,535 times
Reputation: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorel36 View Post
I am posting in this somewhat old thread to add information that will answer the above post. You are correct in your observation that many isis members appear to be more religious than the average muslim. This was adressed by the Prophet peace and blessing upon him, when he prophesized the arrival of extremists within the community :


At the end of times, there will appear some people among you who are young in age, immature and senseless; they will use the best of the speech of the people in their claims, and they will leave Islam just as the arrow pierces the body of the game and then abandons it. Their faith will not go past their throats, so wherever you see them, kill them; for their killing will be recompensed and rewarded on the Day of Judgement. (Bukhari)

The Messenger of Allah said: Your prayer does not compare to their prayer, nor does your fasting compare to their fasting, nor does your recitation compare to their recitation (Muslim). And in another narration, he said: You will slight your prayers in comparison to theirs (Bukhari and Muslim).

They were described in the hadiths as appearing to be more religious than the rest of the community. As the words "their faith will not go past their throats" mean their faith does not reach their hearts.

As to whether they are promised to Heaven, read this hadith :

Abu Ghalib reported: Abu Umamah said, “The rebels (meaning the radicals) are the worst of those slain under the heavens, and the best of those slain are those who were killed by them. They are the dogs of the Hellfire. They were Muslims but they became stubborn unbelievers.” I said, “O Abu Umamah, is this something you say?” Abu Umamah said, “No, rather I heard it from the Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him.”

Source: Sunan Ibn Majah 176
The point here a Muslim must comply 100% with whatever is in the Quran, if not, then the best they can do within their capability.

The Quran exhort Muslims to compete with each other to be the best Muslims;
3:200. O ye [Muslims] who believe! Endure, outdo all others in endurance, be ready, and observe your duty to Allah, in order that ye [Muslims] may succeed.

5:48. [part]... But that He [Allah] may try you by that [revelation & traced out way] which He hath given you (He hath made you as ye are). So vie one with another in good works. Unto Allah ye [people] will all return, and He will then inform you of that wherein ye differ.
So what is wrong if a Muslim prays more than the others.
In 76:26 Allah mentioned additional [non-obligatory] prayers and prostrations.

Therefore as long as a Muslim do not do anything outside the scope of the Quran, it should be acceptable by Allah.

In addition, whatever is in the Ahadith but outside the scope of the Quran, that hadith do not has divine authority and thus invalid for consideration on Judgment Day.

The Hadiths above seem to discourage Muslims to do more on what is within the Quran add confusions to Muslims.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2017, 04:38 AM
 
3,167 posts, read 1,038,942 times
Reputation: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
The point here a Muslim must comply 100% with whatever is in the Quran, if not, then the best they can do within their capability.
What if someone does not comply with 60:8, 60:9, 2:190, 2:191 and 2:193?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
The Quran exhort Muslims to compete with each other to be the best Muslims;
Not with each other but with those who were given other books (revelations).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
3:200. O ye [Muslims] who believe! Endure, outdo all others in endurance, be ready, and observe your duty to Allah, in order that ye [Muslims] may succeed.
"outdo all others" is addition in translation. It is not in the verse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
5:48. [part]... But that He [Allah] may try you by that [revelation & traced out way] which He hath given you (He hath made you as ye are). So vie one with another in good works. Unto Allah ye [people] will all return, and He will then inform you of that wherein ye differ.
Here is full verse in context:

[5.47] And the followers of the Injeel should have judged by what Allah revealed in it; and whoever did not judge by what Allah revealed, those are they that are the transgressors.

[5.48] And We have revealed to you the Book with the truth, verifying what is before it of the Book and a guardian over it, therefore judge between them by what Allah has revealed, and do not follow their low desires (to turn away) from the truth that has come to you; for every one of you did We appoint a law and a way, and if Allah had pleased He would have made you (all) a single people, but that He might try you in what He gave you, therefore strive with one another to hasten to virtuous deeds; to Allah is your return, of all (of you), so He will let you know that in which you differed;

It is not for Muslims to compete in doing good deeds with other Muslims but with people who were given earlier revelation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
So what is wrong if a Muslim prays more than the others.
In 76:26 Allah mentioned additional [non-obligatory] prayers and prostrations.
Those were for the messenger. Allah is telling messenger to pray during the night. It is the same as in the following verses:

[17.78] Keep up prayer from the declining of the sun till the darkness of the night and the morning recitation; surely the morning recitation is witnessed.

[17.79] And during a part of the night, pray Tahajjud beyond what is incumbent on you; maybe your Lord will raise you to a position of great glory.

The messenger used to pray during Tahajjad (a period before dawn rather than after dawn as for Fajr prayer).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
Therefore as long as a Muslim do not do anything outside the scope of the Quran, it should be acceptable by Allah.
It is not acceptable by Allah to kill those people who are not waging war on you, not expelling you from your home on the grounds that you worship One God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
In addition, whatever is in the Ahadith but outside the scope of the Quran, that hadith do not has divine authority and thus invalid for consideration on Judgment Day.
You are partly correct. I believe the hadith mentioned complies with this verse of the Qur'an, regarding the scene to come on the judgment day, as to why the messenger would have cried on that day:

[25.30] And the messenger cried out: O my Lord! Surely my people (Muslims) have treated this Qur'an as a forsaken thing.

The messenger was obviously aware in his lifetime that the later Muslims (his people) will abandoned the teachings such as 60:8-9 of the Qur'aan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
The Hadiths above seem to discourage Muslims to do more on what is within the Quran add confusions to Muslims.
No. It reminds Muslims not to go against any verse of the Qur'aan or else they will be Muslims in name only and not in reality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2017, 10:23 PM
 
Location: Not-a-Theist
3,440 posts, read 1,584,535 times
Reputation: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalif View Post
What if someone does not comply with 60:8, 60:9, 2:190, 2:191 and 2:193?
What I had stated it is the default standard that a Muslim cannot comply 100% but in practice it is only natural no one will be able to comply 100% at all times. Thus what they need to do to the best of their ability and prevailing circumstances.
Out of 1.5 billion some will comply with 60:8, 60:9, 2:190, 2:191 and 2:193 within their interpretations and some will just ignore it.
However SOME [not all], a potential of 300 millions Muslims who has active evil tendencies will be influenced and comply with the other thousands of evil laden verses and be triggered to commit evils and violence based on what they deemed to be justified based on those verses in the Quran.
For example, SOME [not all] Muslims went on a rampage to vent their rage and killed many non-Muslims and caused a lot of damage around the world because the drawings of the cartoons of Muhammad posed a threat to Islam and thus these Muslims are fighting in defense of Islam.
Now who on earth can decide what they are wrong in the eyes of Allah.

Note the drawings of cartoon is merely an example, but there are so many situations where SOME Muslims who are influenced by verses from the Quran to fight as a defense of Islam.

Quote:
Not with each other but with those who were given other books (revelations).

"outdo all others" is addition in translation. It is not in the verse.
Agree and noted. Pickthall stated "outdo all others" is his sense.

Quote:
Here is full verse in context:
[5.47] And the followers of the Injeel should have judged by what Allah revealed in it; and whoever did not judge by what Allah revealed, those are they that are the transgressors.

[5.48] And We have revealed to you the Book with the truth, verifying what is before it of the Book and a guardian over it, therefore judge between them by what Allah has revealed, and do not follow their low desires (to turn away) from the truth that has come to you;

for every one of you did We appoint a law and a way,
and if Allah had pleased He would have made you (all) a single people,
but that He might try you in what He gave you, therefore strive with one another to hasten to virtuous deeds; to Allah is your return, of all (of you), so He will let you know that in which you differed;
It is not for Muslims to compete in doing good deeds with other Muslims but with people who were given earlier revelation.
Your interpretation is too narrow.
Note the relevant subject here is "every one" so the command is to strive with one another among those who had been given the revelation [old or new].
Those who are given the old or new revelation are supposed to be Muslims.

In general Allah is always exhorting Muslims to vie and compete with each other for Allah to assess who is best in conduct. Note the many verses related to the point, e.g.
2. Who hath created life and death that He may try [yablu] you, which of you is best in conduct; and He is the Mighty, Forgiving,
2:148. And each one [Muslim] hath a goal toward which he turneth; so vie with one another [Muslims] in good works. Wheresoever ye [Muslim] may be, Allah will bring you [Muslims] all together. [on J-DAY] Lo! Allah is Able to do all things.
The resulting is who is foremost in the race;
56:10. And [3rd] the foremost in the race, the foremost in the race: [Waalssabiqoona alssabiqoona ]
In reality the above verses are only to benefit those humans who authored the Quran and at present those who rely on Quranic verses to exploit the masses.

Quote:
Those were for the messenger. Allah is telling messenger to pray during the night. It is the same as in the following verses:

[17.78] Keep up prayer from the declining of the sun till the darkness of the night and the morning recitation; surely the morning recitation is witnessed.

[17.79] And during a part of the night, pray Tahajjud beyond what is incumbent on you; maybe your Lord will raise you to a position of great glory.

The messenger used to pray during Tahajjad (a period before dawn rather than after dawn as for Fajr prayer).
That is my point. If the messenger can do it as stated by Allah, why can't the other Muslims do the same if they can do it. There is no special verse to say they cannot do it.

Quote:
It is not acceptable by Allah to kill those people who are not waging war on you, not expelling you from your home on the grounds that you worship One God.
Note my explanation above.
2:190 may say "begin not hostilities. Lo! Allah loveth not, aggressors. " but there are lots of other verses that triggers some [not all] a potential of 300 millions Muslims who has active evil tendencies who will be influenced and comply with the other thousands of evil laden verses and be triggered to commit evils and violence based on what they deemed to be justified based on those verses in the Quran.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-02-2017, 02:38 AM
 
3,167 posts, read 1,038,942 times
Reputation: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
What I had stated it is the default standard that a Muslim cannot comply 100% but in practice it is only natural no one will be able to comply 100% at all times. Thus what they need to do to the best of their ability and prevailing circumstances.
Out of 1.5 billion some will comply with 60:8, 60:9, 2:190, 2:191 and 2:193 within their interpretations and some will just ignore it.
They will not ignore them if they have read them. They can only refuse to obey them if they have read them. Only a kafir will refuse to obey them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
Note the drawings of cartoon is merely an example, but there are so many situations where SOME Muslims who are influenced by verses from the Quran to fight as a defense of Islam.
They had refused to obey a verse in the Qur'aan that tells them to move away from the mockery and the mockers.

Your parroting "in defense of Islam" means there is attack on Islam first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
Agree and noted. Pickthall stated "outdo all others" is his sense.

Your interpretation is too narrow.
Note the relevant subject here is "every one" so the command is to strive with one another among those who had been given the revelation [old or new].
Those who are given the old or new revelation are supposed to be Muslims.
The "Muslims of old" are clearly identified in term "People of the Book". "Every one" here means each Jew, Christian and Muslim who has guidance and law from Allah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
In general Allah is always exhorting Muslims to vie and compete with each other for Allah to assess who is best in conduct. Note the many verses related to the point, e.g.
2. Who hath created life and death that He may try [yablu] you, which of you is best in conduct; and He is the Mighty, Forgiving,
It is up to Allah to judge which one of us is best in conduct, Netanyahu, Bush or Khalif.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
2:148. And each one [Muslim] hath a goal toward which he turneth; so vie with one another [Muslims] in good works. Wheresoever ye [Muslim] may be, Allah will bring you [Muslims] all together. [on J-DAY] Lo! Allah is Able to do all things.
After adding "Muslim" and "Muslims" in brackets, you are now believing it to be true. Only Muslims are not going to be brought together on the Day of Judgment but ALL Jews, Christians and Muslims. None will be absent on that Day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
The resulting is who is foremost in the race;
56:10. And [3rd] the foremost in the race, the foremost in the race: [Waalssabiqoona alssabiqoona ]
In reality the above verses are only to benefit those humans who authored the Quran and at present those who rely on Quranic verses to exploit the masses.
That is a crazy interpretation of "best in conduct".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
That is my point. If the messenger can do it as stated by Allah, why can't the other Muslims do the same if they can do it. There is no special verse to say they cannot do it.
What did messenger do that other Muslims are also told to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
Note my explanation above.
2:190 may say "begin not hostilities. Lo! Allah loveth not, aggressors. " but there are lots of other verses that triggers some [not all] a potential of 300 millions Muslims who has active evil tendencies who will be influenced and comply with the other thousands of evil laden verses and be triggered to commit evils and violence based on what they deemed to be justified based on those verses in the Quran.
Quote just one verse that says begin hostilities on peaceful infidels. That's another challenge you asked for. You keep making these claims against the verses of the Qur'aan. Let's see if you even understand the Qur'aan!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-02-2017, 10:26 PM
 
2,050 posts, read 662,085 times
Reputation: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalif View Post
They will not ignore them if they have read them. They can only refuse to obey them if they have read them. Only a kafir will refuse to obey them

They had refused to obey a verse in the Qur'aan that tells them to move away from the mockery and the mockers.

Your parroting "in defense of Islam" means there is attack on Islam first.

The "Muslims of old" are clearly identified in term "People of the Book". "Every one" here means each Jew, Christian and Muslim who has guidance and law from Allah.

It is up to Allah to judge which one of us is best in conduct, Netanyahu, Bush or Khalif.

After adding "Muslim" and "Muslims" in brackets, you are now believing it to be true. Only Muslims are not going to be brought together on the Day of Judgment but ALL Jews, Christians and Muslims. None will be absent on that Day.

That is a crazy interpretation of "best in conduct".

What did messenger do that other Muslims are also told to do?

Quote just one verse that says begin hostilities on peaceful infidels. That's another challenge you asked for. You keep making these claims against the verses of the Qur'aan. Let's see if you even understand the Qur'aan!
1-Are you able to define the word infidel كافر
Because this word comes in the Koran so much
Who is the infidel الكافر
----------------------------------
2-who is he gentile
------------------
Is Islam calls for a truce infidels and gentile الكفار والمشركين
-------------------------------------
Is it permissible for a Muslim to be recognized Religions other mind equal to Islam
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-02-2017, 11:02 PM
 
Location: Not-a-Theist
3,440 posts, read 1,584,535 times
Reputation: 461
Re the following points;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalif View Post
After adding "Muslim" and "Muslims" in brackets, you are now believing it to be true. Only Muslims are not going to be brought together on the Day of Judgment but ALL Jews, Christians and Muslims. None will be absent on that Day.
If you read the few verses in context, my reference specifically to 'Muslim' and "Muslims" is correct especially the term 'good works' which definitely do not refer to infidels.

Your views are too wide in this case, thus wrong.
It cannot be ALL Jews and Christians as most Jews and Christians then were not following the original revelations from Allah [as claimed] but the corrupted texts.
If any Jew and Christians are following their original revelations from Allah, they are also Muslim [i.e. proto-Muslims]. So in this case my use of "Muslim" is correct anyway. So I am believing that is true.


Quote:
Quote just one verse that says begin hostilities on peaceful infidels. That's another challenge you asked for. You keep making these claims against the verses of the Qur'aan. Let's see if you even understand the Qur'aan!
Note I stated this;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum
Note my explanation above.
2:190 may say "begin not hostilities. Lo! Allah loveth not, aggressors. " but there are lots of other verses that triggers some [not all] a potential of 300 millions Muslims who has active evil tendencies who will be influenced and comply with the other thousands of evil laden verses and be triggered to commit evils and violence based on what they deemed to be justified based on those verses in the Quran.
I did not state there are "direct" verses that exhort Muslims to initiate hostilities on peaceful infidels.
I stated there are lots of other indirect verses that indirectly trigger SOME [not all] Muslims to commit evils and violence.

I have explained using 2:193 where "wrongdoings" can be any act by infidels that is against Islam.
Islam is supposed to be the most superior religion and Islam will conquer and dominate all other religions.
Any act that hinder the above is a 'wrongdoing.'

Quoting a few verses, even 50 are never sufficient to explain how some Muslims [potentially 300 millions] will commit evils and violence of various degrees against the infidels.
To give a sufficient explanation we need to compile the 3,400++ verses with evils of different degrees and organize them [with knowledge of human nature] effectively to conclusion that prove how these evil elements in the Quran combine together to inspire the evil prone Muslims to commit terrible evils and violence.

Here is a something that is parallel with the Quran.
http://www.apa.org/about/gr/pi/advoc...kunkel-tv.aspx
Hearing before the U.S. Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
Presented by APA Member Dale Kunkel, PhD
Professor of Communications
University of Arizona


The Effects of Television Violence
Concern on the part of the public and Congress about the harmful influence of media violence on children dates back to the 1950s and 1960s, and remains strong today.
The legitimacy of that concern is corroborated by extensive scientific research that has accumulated over the past 40 years. Indeed, in reviewing the totality of empirical evidence regarding the impact of media violence, the conclusion that exposure to violent portrayals poses a risk of harmful effects on children has been reached by the U.S. Surgeon General, the National Institutes of Mental Health, the National Academy of Sciences, the American Medical Association, the American Psychological Association, the American Academy of Pediatrics, and a host of other scientific and public health agencies and organizations.

These harmful effects are grouped into three primary categories:
(1) children’s learning of aggressive attitudes and behaviors;
(2) desensitization, or an increased callousness towards victims of violence; and
(3) increased or exaggerated fear of being victimized by violence.
While all of these effects reflect adverse outcomes, it is the first – an increased propensity for violent behavior – that is at the core of public health concern about televised violence.
The statistical relationship between children’s exposure to violent portrayals and their subsequent aggressive behavior has been shown to be stronger than
the relationship between asbestos exposure and
the risk of laryngeal cancer;
the relationship between condom use and the risk of contracting HIV; and
exposure to second-hand smoke in the workplace and the risk of lung cancer.
There is no controversy in the medical, public health, and social science communities about the risk of harmful effects from children’s exposure to media violence.
Rather, there is strong consensus that exposure to media violence is a significant public health concern.
In the above case exposure to too much violence in the media, even in case where the hero always win, the violent and evil elements will still have an effect on children.

My hypothesis is,
In parallel to the above research studies,
exposure to the evil and violence element within 3,400++ verses i.e. 55% of the Quran will have adverse effect on some Muslims who are naturally born with an active evil tendency to trigger them to commit evils and the violence to please Allah with the hope to go to Paradise expeditiously.

Any counter argument for the above?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-03-2017, 04:13 AM
 
3,167 posts, read 1,038,942 times
Reputation: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahasn sawresho View Post
1-Are you able to define the word infidel كافر
Because this word comes in the Koran so much
Who is the infidel الكافر
----------------------------------
The word "infidel" is not from Muslims but probably from Christian Crusaders.

In the Qur'aan, the word "kuffar" (plural of kafir) is reserved for those who understood what was meant by Allah but knowingly tried to cover the truth plus they were hostile and offensive to Muslims both in words and in action. This is why not all the Jews are called "kuffar" in the Qur'aan but only those who were offensive both in words and actions to the revelation of the Qur'aan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahasn sawresho View Post
2-who is he gentile
------------------
Is Islam calls for a truce infidels and gentile الكفار والمشركين
They were mainly one group that was offensive towards the Qur'aan.
-------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahasn sawresho View Post
Is it permissible for a Muslim to be recognized Religions other mind equal to Islam
Religion of Abraham, Jacob, Moses, David, Jesus and Muhammad was the same, "islam", submitting to Allah.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top