U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-23-2016, 03:21 AM
 
Location: Not-a-Theist
3,440 posts, read 1,582,067 times
Reputation: 461

Advertisements

Quote:
God talks in the Qur’an about the concept of “Kitab (Book)”. This term denotes a special kind of knowledge that is revealed to a prophet in the form of a book, i.e. the revelations form one unit as opposed to separate revelations that, even if collected together, do not have a hidden or visible theme linking them all together. The prophet receives such revelations in his language, which means that they can be written down to form a physical “Book.” The “Torah” and the “Injil” — which God revealed to prophets Moses and Jesus, respectively — are two examples of divine Books.
The “Qur’an,” which was revealed to Prophet Muhammad, is another. So the term “Qur’an” refers to the verses that the Prophet received from God in the form of 114 distinct “suras (chapters)”. The longest chapter has 286 “ayas(verses)” whereas the shortest three chapters consist of 3 verses each.

The term Qur’an is derived from the same root of the Arabic word “qara’a (read).” Indeed, the first word of the Qur’an to be revealed was “iqra’” or “read.” The name of this particular divine Book, “Qur’an,” is derived from the fact that it was “read” to the Prophet by the archangel Gabriel.

“Mushaf” (plural is “masahif) is another Arabic term that is related to “Qur’an” but is slightly different from it. This term is derived from the Arabic term “sahifa.” This word is not found in the Qur’an, but its plural, “suhuf,” occurs 8 times. In all of its 8 occurrences “suhuf” means “written pages” of something. Note that “page” in modern Arabic is “safha,” which is clearly the same word as “sahifa.”

So, the literal meaning of “mushaf” is “collection of pages.” Its technical meaning is, therefore, the “compiled, written pages of the Qur’an.”
In other words, the term “Qur’an” refers to the specific “revelation that was read to Prophet Muhammad” whereas the term “mushaf” denotes the “written form” of that revelation.

http://www.quranicstudies.com/quran/...an-and-mushaf/
So Specifically;

Quran is the revelations of Allah that are read/recited only,

Mushaf is the pages/chapters/sections of revelations that are in writing

Al-Kitab the whole revelation in written book form.

Views?

Another reference:
https://www.al-islam.org/mushaf-fati...mushaf-fatimah
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-27-2016, 03:08 AM
 
3,166 posts, read 1,036,848 times
Reputation: 289
Mushaf is simply notes made by some companions who were not the scribes with the prophet Muhammad. These are individual's personal notes. These cannot be accepted as manuscripts of the Qur'an unless confirmed to be true word by word and letter by letter by more than one hafiz. That's how they were sorted out when the Qur'an was compiled originally under the care of Abu Bakr.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-31-2017, 04:51 AM
 
23 posts, read 8,672 times
Reputation: 10
In available reading Quran we people can education additional about Islam and can get more information about Islam and Quran.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-01-2017, 12:43 AM
 
2,050 posts, read 660,944 times
Reputation: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmedfarhan View Post
In available reading Quran we people can education additional about Islam and can get more information about Islam and Quran.
Do you know the meaning of the word Koran and the source of the original
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-01-2017, 12:52 AM
 
2,050 posts, read 660,944 times
Reputation: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
So Specifically;

Quran is the revelations of Allah that are read/recited only,

Mushaf is the pages/chapters/sections of revelations that are in writing

Al-Kitab the whole revelation in written book form.

Views?

Another reference:
https://www.al-islam.org/mushaf-fati...mushaf-fatimah
Meaning of the word Koran
Is reading
The source of the word of Aramaic, Syriac, Assyrian and Chaldean language
You can review and book a pastor and prophet
And a full explanation to the meaning of the word Koran and linguistic origin
But the word Msahhv
It means the Koran written
And used after Muhammad's death
Where there were more than thirty written copy of the Koran
And burned the Caliph Uthman bin Affan Islamic
The current version is that you do not burn Othman bin Affan
But the word book in the Koran refers to previous books on the Koran
It is the Gospel and the Torah
The so-called psalms nominate Zubbor
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-01-2017, 01:36 AM
 
3,166 posts, read 1,036,848 times
Reputation: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahasn sawresho View Post
Meaning of the word Koran
Is reading
Meaning of the word Qur'aan is reading and reciting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahasn sawresho View Post
The source of the word of Aramaic, Syriac, Assyrian and Chaldean language
The source of the word is in the first word revealed to the Prophet Muhammad ("Iqra").

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahasn sawresho View Post
You can review and book a pastor and prophet
And a full explanation to the meaning of the word Koran and linguistic origin
Some people like to google it or wiki it but these are not the best pastors or the prophets.


Quote:
Originally Posted by mahasn sawresho View Post
But the word Msahhv
It means the Koran written
It means part of the writing. For example, some companions had written down part of the Qur'aan for their own readings. These were not complete Qur'aan but only a part of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahasn sawresho View Post
And used after Muhammad's death
All the written material was compiled and confirmed by at least two Hafis for their accuracy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahasn sawresho View Post
Where there were more than thirty written copy of the Koran
And burned the Caliph Uthman bin Affan Islamic
The current version is that you do not burn Othman bin Affan
There was only one approved copy kept with one of the prophet's wives for safe keeping and for reference. Caliph Uthmaan merely added pronunciation marks with each word. The actual text was never changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahasn sawresho View Post
But the word book in the Koran refers to previous books on the Koran
The word "book" applies to each set of revelations. The Taurat is a book. The Injeel is a book. The Qur'aan is a book. All these books are from the Mother Book. And the Mother Book is with Allah.

[3.3] He has revealed to you the Book with truth, verifying that which is before it, and He revealed the Tavrat and the Injeel aforetime, a guidance for the people, and He sent the Furqan.

[13:39] Allah eliminates what He wills or confirms, and with Him is the Mother of the Book.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-01-2017, 11:50 PM
 
2,050 posts, read 660,944 times
Reputation: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalif View Post
Meaning of the word Qur'aan is reading and reciting.

The source of the word is in the first word revealed to the Prophet Muhammad ("Iqra").

Some people like to google it or wiki it but these are not the best pastors or the prophets.


It means part of the writing. For example, some companions had written down part of the Qur'aan for their own readings. These were not complete Qur'aan but only a part of it.

All the written material was compiled and confirmed by at least two Hafis for their accuracy.

There was only one approved copy kept with one of the prophet's wives for safe keeping and for reference. Caliph Uthmaan merely added pronunciation marks with each word. The actual text was never changed.

The word "book" applies to each set of revelations. The Taurat is a book. The Injeel is a book. The Qur'aan is a book. All these books are from the Mother Book. And the Mother Book is with Allah.

[3.3] He has revealed to you the Book with truth, verifying that which is before it, and He revealed the Tavrat and the Injeel aforetime, a guidance for the people, and He sent the Furqan.

[13:39] Allah eliminates what He wills or confirms, and with Him is the Mother of the Book.

You have the Arabic language dictionaries
And I dare you to prove that the word Koran
It is the Arabic word
اقراء -يقراء -يقراؤن
قراءة
If audited was the origin of the Koran close more Aramaic and means (prayer book), because it was at that time the Arabic letters characters only 15 and it has a drip or resettlement written in Kufic script
Which is closer to the line of the Aramean
And God reward you
The equivalent word in the source of the Syriac word "Qriana" which means "to read the Bible" or "lesson." Although most Western scholars attribute the origin of the word to the Syriac word, but the majority of Muslim scholars attribute the word to the Arab source "read"
--------------------------
For this reason, linguists trying to hide the truth by manipulating the rules of the Arabic language also
When you take the word Read the discharges
The word Koran is not from within the Arabic grammar
Only if used Syriac language rules, the word Koran be true
------------------------
For your information I am a Chaldean In my tell Qgari
Qryayaa
Qriyona
While the Arab says
اقراء -قراء -يقراء -قراءة

Note
Use the Arabic translator to the difficulty of proper form and especially to this word
Because the Arabic name قاريء
And the actor قراء
And where it اقراء

I apologize
-----------------
And can not utter utter the word Koran properly only through the language that you speak with an original
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2017, 10:36 AM
 
3,166 posts, read 1,036,848 times
Reputation: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahasn sawresho View Post
You have the Arabic language dictionaries
And I dare you to prove that the word Koran
It is the Arabic word
اقراء -يقراء -يقراؤن
قراءة
If audited was the origin of the Koran close more Aramaic and means (prayer book), because it was at that time the Arabic letters characters only 15 and it has a drip or resettlement written in Kufic script
Which is closer to the line of the Aramean
And God reward you
The equivalent word in the source of the Syriac word "Qriana" which means "to read the Bible" or "lesson." Although most Western scholars attribute the origin of the word to the Syriac word, but the majority of Muslim scholars attribute the word to the Arab source "read"
--------------------------
For this reason, linguists trying to hide the truth by manipulating the rules of the Arabic language also
When you take the word Read the discharges
The word Koran is not from within the Arabic grammar
Only if used Syriac language rules, the word Koran be true
------------------------
For your information I am a Chaldean In my tell Qgari
Qryayaa
Qriyona
While the Arab says
اقراء -قراء -يقراء -قراءة

Note
Use the Arabic translator to the difficulty of proper form and especially to this word
Because the Arabic name قاريء
And the actor قراء
And where it اقراء

I apologize
-----------------
And can not utter utter the word Koran properly only through the language that you speak with an original
Here you go again, arguing with us about the word قُرْآن Qur'aan. As you can see, it is Qur'aan and not Koran.

كِتَابٌ فُصِّلَتْ آيَاتُهُ قُرْآنًا عَرَبِيًّا لِقَوْمٍ يَعْلَمُونَ

It is a book the verses of which are made plain, an Arabic Qur'aan for people who know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2017, 09:30 PM
 
2,050 posts, read 660,944 times
Reputation: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalif View Post
Here you go again, arguing with us about the word قُرْآن Qur'aan. As you can see, it is Qur'aan and not Koran.

كِتَابٌ فُصِّلَتْ آيَاتُهُ قُرْآنًا عَرَبِيًّا لِقَوْمٍ يَعْلَمُونَ

It is a book the verses of which are made plain, an Arabic Qur'aan for people who know.
I think you enter the impasse declaratory
If the Koran is read here
It is here indicates that he read the book was known before Islam
And I think you are weak in the Arabic language
For the word of people who know لقوم يعلمون
He is to present continuous
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-03-2017, 01:24 AM
 
3,166 posts, read 1,036,848 times
Reputation: 289
It says, "Qur'aan" قُرْآن and not Koran. Your Arabic is very poor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top