U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2016, 02:09 PM

15,511 posts, read 13,282,205 times

Advertisements

Hell is a concept found in most of the World's religions. Here is a comparison of Hell in 7 of the major religions.

Quote:
1. Hell: Judaism

As with their view of heaven, Jews have an ambiguous version of hell. The Hebrew Bible makes little mention of it except as a place where the spirits of the dead reside (Sheol). There is, however, the term Gehinnom, which refers to a valley in which children were reportedly sacrificed to the god Molech. Eventually, this valley became a refuse dump that was constantly burning, which provided a powerful metaphor for a place to send sinners. In later Judaism, hell is a place of punishment for unbelievers, but according to the rabbinical texts, they will probably stay there for no more than a year.

2. The Chinvat Bridge: Zoroastrianism

The Bridge of Separation, as it’s also known, is the one that all people must walk after they die. For the righteous it broadens and leads to a beautiful maiden, but for the less than righteous, it turns on its side and becomes like a razor. The ancient god Mithra is there with a scale to balance the good and evil deeds done during one’s lifetime, and if evil deeds prevail, then the soul is tormented by an old hag before it falls off the bridge into hell. The torments of the evil go well beyond Dante’s imagination and focus on punishment directly related to their evil deeds. Zoroastrian hell may be the most horrific of all, and a text called the Vision of Arda Viraf describes it in all its gory glory. Fortunately, everyone eventually leaves Zoroastrian hell. They are purified and join the righteous in the reign of the god Ahura Mazda.

3. Hades: Greek

Hades is actually the name of the lord of the dead and ruler of the netherworld, but the name became so associated with the place that the two merged, so Hades is also the place the dead go. Hades rules this world with Persephone – whom he abducted from the earth-goddess Demeter – and a number of other figures such as Thanatos, Hypnos, Charon, and Cerberus. Hades represents the place of eternal punishment for evildoers, where the sinners are put on horrifying display. Such example include Tityos bound while a vulture eats his liver, Tantalus thirsty and hungry but unable to eat the fruit just above his head or drink the water at his feet, and Sisyphus forced to push a rock up a hill only to have it roll back again for eternity.

4. Hell: Christianity

Christian hells seems at one level to be a combination of the Jewish idea of Gehinnom, where there is eternal burning, and Hades, where there is eternal punishment. In fact, the Greek word for hell in the New Testament is often hades, and Jesus used the word Gehenna (a version of Gehinnom) to indicate the place for sinners where the fire is not quenched and the worm does not die. The Book of Revelation indicates that those whose name are not found written in the Book of Life are thrown into the lake of fire. In fact, Death and Hades themselves are thrown into the lake of fire in the end. In addition to these texts, Dante did much to embellish the Christian notion of hell in his Inferno.

5. Hell: Islam

The Quran, the sacred text of Islam, usually speak of heaven and hell in the same passage, perhaps in order to provide a dramatic contrast. Hell is often described as “an evil resting place” and the “Fire.” But fire is just the beginning of the torment in hell because the fire is like a wall enclosing the wicked, and when they cry out, they are showered with water as “hot as molten brass,” which scalds their faces. It gets worse. The unbelievers wear garments of fire and are lashed with rods of iron, and if they try to escape, they are dragged back and told to “taste the torment of the Conflagration.”

6. Samsara: Hinduism

Again, the Eastern religions have a very different notion of the afterlife, although in some sects of Hinduism, Buddhism, and Taoism, there are heavens and hells that are similar to Western ideas of the same. Hindu hell, however, is traditionally a continuation of life on earth called samsara. Samsara is the endless cycle of death and rebirth that is the result of our ignorance of the ultimate reality of the universe. The word means “to wander across,” as in lifetimes, and samsara is the result of karma or actions taken in this life that will determine the nature of one’s rebirth and the caste one is born into.

7. The Bardo: Tibetan Buddhism

One of the most detailed and elaborate depictions of the afterlife is from the Tibetan Buddhist text Bardo Thodol, or the Tibetan Book of the Dead. As the title suggests, the book deals with dying or, more accurately, with the state of Between, and there are many “betweens”: birth and death, sleeping and waking, walking and trance, and three others within the death-rebirth between. The Bardo Thodol teaches that after death, the soul exists in the Bardo for 49 days in a between that can lead to Nirvana or back into rebirth. One of the factors that influences the soul’s ultimate location is the dying itself. A good death tends to push the soul toward enlightenment, while a bad death can move it toward rebirth in the world. Tibetan Buddhists thus spend a lot of time and energy in helping the dying.

Heaven and Hell, According to Various Religions - Neatorama

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks

MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2016, 03:23 PM

2,050 posts, read 661,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
To begin with Let us look at your rendition of Surah 19 ayyats 71-72

(وَإِن مِّنكُمْ إِلَّا وَارِدُهَا -يعني النار-كَانَ عَلَى رَبِّكَ حَتْمًا مَّقْضِيًّا*ثُمَّ نُنَجِّي الَّذِينَ اتَّقَوا وَّنَذَرُ الظَّالِمِينَ فِيهَا جِثِيًّا) (71-72) سورة مريم.

A word for word translation is almost nonsensical as it comes out to be:
(If you only normal result I mean, fire-was the Lord inevitably doomed * Then shall save those who fear and vow oppressors where Jthia) (71-72) Maryam.

Looking at what you have posted as Mariam 71-72 does not look much like what is found in the Qur'an
From the Quran it is:

وَإِن مِّنكُمْ إِلَّا وَارِدُهَا كَانَ عَلَى رَبِّكَ حَتْمًا مَّقْضِيًّا (19:71)

ثُمَّ نُنَجِّي الَّذِينَ اتَّقَوا وَّنَذَرُ الظَّالِمِينَ فِيهَا جِثِيًّا (19:72)

With a direct word for word translation being:

If you only had a normal result of your Lord inevitably doomed (19:71)

Then we shall save those who fear and vow oppressors where Jthia (19:72)

apparently you are using an online translator and are unaware of how poor the translations are. I assume your intentions are good, but you do not speak English and whatever translator you use is doing a very poor job.

19: 71-72 can not be translated, they have to be interpreted. Here are 3 Interpretations. I agree they only approximate the actual meaning, but are much closer than what any online translator does:

And every one of you will come within sight of it: [55] this is, with thy Sustainer, a decree that must be fulfilled. - 19:71 (Asad)
And once again: [56] We shall save [from hell] those who have been conscious of Us; but We shall leave in it the evildoers, on their knees. [57] - 19:72 (Asad)

Not one of you but will pass over it: this is, with thy Lord, a Decree which must be accomplished. - 19:71 (Y. Ali)
But We shall save those who guarded against evil, and We shall leave the wrong-doers therein, (humbled) to their knees. - 19:72 (Y. Ali)

There is not one of you but shall approach it. That is a fixed ordinance of thy Lord. - 19:71 (Picktall)
Then We shall rescue those who kept from evil, and leave the evil-doers crouching there. - 19:72 (Picktall)

While this is all very interesting, it does not answer the question of if you Think the Punishments of Hell are Fair and Justified.
My friend
I speak Arabic
Ward and the word means entry

This verse of the ruling Verses
In any other meaning
This verse can not be interpreted
The verses in the Koran many ruling
And if you want to search for the meaning of a word contained
Including this provision will know
The accessing of hell is of orders and the provisions of the Koran
I think AHA will be happy trip
arrival ; arriving ; coming ; incoming ; newcomer =وارد
enter=وارد

Old 10-29-2016, 03:39 PM

He said Abdullah bin Mubarak, al-Hasan al-Basri said: A man said to his brother: Do you Attac Ward fire? He said: Yes. He said: Will you release the story about? He said: No. He said: Vfim laughter? He said: What felt even laughing right with God.

The books of Islamic Heritage for word normal result
Any inside her
I believe that the ancient Arab Muslims know well

Old 10-29-2016, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahasn sawresho View Post
My friend
I speak Arabic
Ward and the word means entry

This verse of the ruling Verses
In any other meaning
This verse can not be interpreted
The verses in the Koran many ruling
And if you want to search for the meaning of a word contained
Including this provision will know
The accessing of hell is of orders and the provisions of the Koran
I think AHA will be happy trip
arrival ; arriving ; coming ; incoming ; newcomer =وارد
enter=وارد
Quote:
He said Abdullah bin Mubarak, al-Hasan al-Basri said: A man said to his brother: Do you Attac Ward fire? He said: Yes. He said: Will you release the story about? He said: No. He said: Vfim laughter? He said: What felt even laughing right with God.

The books of Islamic Heritage for word normal result
Any inside her
I believe that the ancient Arab Muslims know well
I am not questioning if you speak Arabic.

I do not believe you speak English and your English is not understandable.

The Question asked is:

Do you believe the Punishments of Hell are fair and justified ?

Old 10-30-2016, 01:19 AM

Yeah
I am a Christian I believe in punishment
But we do not know how punishment
The picture provided by the Koran awesome way
We Christians do not believe in this kind of divine punishment
Christianity offers a different proposition
Which is that God is love
The love of God has given us in the person of Christ
This concept differs from Islam

Old 10-30-2016, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Yeah
I am a Christian I believe in punishment
But we do not know how punishment
The picture provided by the Koran awesome way
We Christians do not believe in this kind of divine punishment
Christianity offers a different proposition
Which is that God is love
The love of God has given us in the person of Christ
This concept differs from Islam
Actually the Bible also defines Gehanna as being an eternal fire, the same as the Qur'an describe Jahahhah as being an eternal fire. The Christian and Islamic beliefs of Hell are nearly identical.

Old 11-01-2016, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Actually the Bible also defines Gehanna as being an eternal fire, the same as the Qur'an describe Jahahhah as being an eternal fire. The Christian and Islamic beliefs of Hell are nearly identical.
Koran transferred from previous books
A leader not a reliable evidential
For he that is built on falsehood is false

I told you that the Koran call transfer from other languages, and this word is jehnam
Note that the Koran says that Arabic and he came down the language of Quraish
Christianity believes in hell, but differently
And based on the principle of salvation
This principle is not defined by Islam
Provided you state from the Koran to prove that every Muslim will enter Hell
If you're looking for a friend what I write to you
Look for the meaning of the word واردها
And you thought Bmasirk written in the Koran
For thou believe it is the word of God
Christianity is not a hell details
Because it does not know
But it's certainly to the death of the wicked
Who commit Jerim
For example, the crime of murder
That did Prophet Muhammad
The crime of rape and that he did Prophet Muhammad when he assaulted the girl
The rape of the wife of the Jewish rightful
When he married them after the murder of her husband
The crime of stealing money which is called the spoils of war
Mohammed said the spoils of war Halal for Muslims
That's why you said that you will enter Mohammad fire for a short visit
As announced verse وان منكم الا واردها

Old 11-01-2016, 10:39 PM

Koran has made strange Mbda
That good deeds are working to abolish the evil deeds
In the Day of Judgment is the account on the balance of advantages and disadvantages
for example
If you collected money from crime
And then spend that money on good deeds, the final calculation, according to the good deeds and not according to the crime

[SIZE=5](إِنَّ الْحَسَنَاتِ يُذْهِبْنَ السَّيِّئَاتِ)surat -hod -114
[/SIZE]
Muslims are trying to blackout on this education in the Koran
Because in fact redeployed from Zoroastrianism

Old 11-01-2016, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Koran has made strange Mbda
That good deeds are working to abolish the evil deeds
In the Day of Judgment is the account on the balance of advantages and disadvantages
for example
If you collected money from crime
And then spend that money on good deeds, the final calculation, according to the good deeds and not according to the crime

[SIZE=5](إِنَّ الْحَسَنَاتِ يُذْهِبْنَ السَّيِّئَاتِ)surat -hod -114
[/SIZE]
Muslims are trying to blackout on this education in the Koran
Because in fact redeployed from Zoroastrianism
You still have not answered the Question. The Question is:

Are the punishments of Hell fair and Justified?

Old 11-02-2016, 11:37 PM

Yes, the punishment is fair
But God did not put laws so that puts us in the fire
God gave us the mind
For example, adultery is from mistakes
Stealing
Rape
the kill
And all these things do Prophet Muhammad
Do you think he would go to the fire also
Mohammed kill Jews
Mohammed raped girl
Mohammed stole his adopted son wife
Mohammed married after Samarra that killed her husband
Muhammad forgave spoils a robbery in the war
Do you think that the prophet is not held accountable for his
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or