U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-03-2016, 02:45 AM
 
Location: Logan Township, Minnesota
15,511 posts, read 13,282,205 times
Reputation: 7407

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahasn sawresho View Post
Yes, the punishment is fair
But God did not put laws so that puts us in the fire
God gave us the mind
For example, adultery is from mistakes
Stealing
Rape
the kill
And all these things do Prophet Muhammad
Do you think he would go to the fire also
Mohammed kill Jews
Mohammed raped girl
Mohammed stole his adopted son wife
Mohammed married after Samarra that killed her husband
Muhammad forgave spoils a robbery in the war
Do you think that the prophet is not held accountable for his
As that is not the topic, the topic is are the penalty of Hell fair and Just.

Yes I believe they are fair and just. I believe so because the punishment anyone receives is in accordance with their intentions, ability to understand, their understanding of the consequences and the level of severity of the crime.

There are different levels of Hell. Not everyone receives the same punishment. No one will ever be punished beyond that which they them self know is what they earned.
__________________
When posting as a MOD my posts will be in red

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks


MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-03-2016, 10:55 PM
 
2,050 posts, read 661,499 times
Reputation: 204
The idea of hell and eternity are not new ideas
Ancient civilizations and ancient religions, I have known that idea
The epic of Gilgamesh and his well-known in the search for immortality
The idea of hell and heaven are not invent Islam also believes
Islam is distorted transfer to that idea
God in human enemy of Islam and trying to send it to hell
Only faith in Muhammad is the messenger of God saves man
Note that Muhammad committed a lot of sins
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-04-2016, 05:26 AM
 
Location: Logan Township, Minnesota
15,511 posts, read 13,282,205 times
Reputation: 7407
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahasn sawresho View Post
The idea of hell and eternity are not new ideas
Ancient civilizations and ancient religions, I have known that idea
The epic of Gilgamesh and his well-known in the search for immortality
The idea of hell and heaven are not invent Islam also believes
Islam is distorted transfer to that idea
God in human enemy of Islam and trying to send it to hell
Only faith in Muhammad is the messenger of God saves man
Note that Muhammad committed a lot of sins
I do not think you will find any Muslim who thinks Heaven and Hell are inventions of Islam. Every message in the Qur'an is found in the earlier scriptures.

Muhammad(saws) is not an intercessor nor savior. He is only the Messenger, repeating what hat been given in the past. The Qur'an is the last time the message will be revealed, there will be no new Prophets.
__________________
When posting as a MOD my posts will be in red

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks


MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-05-2016, 11:12 PM
 
2,050 posts, read 661,499 times
Reputation: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
I do not think you will find any Muslim who thinks Heaven and Hell are inventions of Islam. Every message in the Qur'an is found in the earlier scriptures.

Muhammad(saws) is not an intercessor nor savior. He is only the Messenger, repeating what hat been given in the past. The Qur'an is the last time the message will be revealed, there will be no new Prophets.
I pity you very much
Of the most important pillars of Islam
The message Muhammad nothing to do with the other religions
In other words, Muhammad did not know the other religions
And that the revelation came to him in an ad hoc
And that Muhammad is the relationship with Gabriel only
You are here and you say that Mohammed is not a new message
Here contradicts your words with your faith
I hope that the decline in yourself well
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2016, 09:48 AM
 
Location: Logan Township, Minnesota
15,511 posts, read 13,282,205 times
Reputation: 7407
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahasn sawresho View Post
I pity you very much
Of the most important pillars of Islam
The message Muhammad nothing to do with the other religions
In other words, Muhammad did not know the other religions
And that the revelation came to him in an ad hoc
And that Muhammad is the relationship with Gabriel only
You are here and you say that Mohammed is not a new message
Here contradicts your words with your faith
I hope that the decline in yourself well
I am not alone in that opinion some well noted scholars with more education than me have come to the same conclusion:

However, if we discard all labels (Judaism, Christianity, Islam) and inspect the ideology of any of these divine revelations we would note the following relevant issues:

1- Contrary to what many believe, the word Islam is never used in the Quran as a title for the religion belonging only in the Quran nor a religion that is exclusive to the prophet Muhammad! The word Islam simply means Submission to God. It is necessary thus to stop thinking of Islam as the religion exclusive to the Quran, and in stead recognise Islam as a spiritual state of submitting to God alone.

2- All the prophets of God submitted to Almighty God and called their people to submit to the One and only God. The only true religion as far as God is concerned (after discarding the labels) is Submission to God (Islam).

3- It can also be said that all the labels we know today like Judaism and Christianity, with all their sub-divisions, are man made. They are not religions approved by God. God does not call them religions, but creeds:

Quran-Islam.org - True Islam

So if we use the Qur’an we realise that Muhammed (saws) is not being put forward as the first ever Muslim as the Qur’an (elsewhere) refers to earlier Prophets who are believers. Hence we realise that the Quranic references (6:163, 6:14) do not teach us that Muhammed is the first ever Muslim.

‘Allah took a covenant from the prophets, saying, “I will give you the scripture and wisdom. Afterwards, a messenger (Muhammad) will come to confirm all existing scriptures (Torah, Gospel). You shall believe in him and support him.” He said, “Do you agree with this, and pledge to fulfill this covenant?” They said, “We agree.” He said, “You have thus borne witness, and I bear witness along with you.” [Qur’an 3:81]

https://answeringchristian.wordpress...-new-religion/

Islam is not a new religion because “submission to the will of God”, i.e. Islam, has always been the only acceptable religion in the sight of God. For this reason, Islam is the true “natural religion”, and it is the same eternal message revealed through the ages to all of God’s prophets and messengers. Muslims believe that all of God’s prophets, which include Abraham, Noah, Moses, Jesus and Muhammad, brought the same message of Pure Monotheism. For this reason, the Prophet Muhammad was not the founder of a new religion, as many people mistakenly think, but he was the final Prophet of Islam. By revealing His final message to Muhammad, which is an eternal and universal message for all of mankind, God finally fulfilled the covenant that He made with Abraham, who was one of the earliest and greatest prophets.

A Brief Introduction to Islam
__________________
When posting as a MOD my posts will be in red

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks


MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2016, 06:55 PM
 
2,050 posts, read 661,499 times
Reputation: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
I am not alone in that opinion some well noted scholars with more education than me have come to the same conclusion:

However, if we discard all labels (Judaism, Christianity, Islam) and inspect the ideology of any of these divine revelations we would note the following relevant issues:

1- Contrary to what many believe, the word Islam is never used in the Quran as a title for the religion belonging only in the Quran nor a religion that is exclusive to the prophet Muhammad! The word Islam simply means Submission to God. It is necessary thus to stop thinking of Islam as the religion exclusive to the Quran, and in stead recognise Islam as a spiritual state of submitting to God alone.

2- All the prophets of God submitted to Almighty God and called their people to submit to the One and only God. The only true religion as far as God is concerned (after discarding the labels) is Submission to God (Islam).

3- It can also be said that all the labels we know today like Judaism and Christianity, with all their sub-divisions, are man made. They are not religions approved by God. God does not call them religions, but creeds:

Quran-Islam.org - True Islam

So if we use the Qur’an we realise that Muhammed (saws) is not being put forward as the first ever Muslim as the Qur’an (elsewhere) refers to earlier Prophets who are believers. Hence we realise that the Quranic references (6:163, 6:14) do not teach us that Muhammed is the first ever Muslim.

‘Allah took a covenant from the prophets, saying, “I will give you the scripture and wisdom. Afterwards, a messenger (Muhammad) will come to confirm all existing scriptures (Torah, Gospel). You shall believe in him and support him.” He said, “Do you agree with this, and pledge to fulfill this covenant?” They said, “We agree.” He said, “You have thus borne witness, and I bear witness along with you.” [Qur’an 3:81]

https://answeringchristian.wordpress...-new-religion/

Islam is not a new religion because “submission to the will of God”, i.e. Islam, has always been the only acceptable religion in the sight of God. For this reason, Islam is the true “natural religion”, and it is the same eternal message revealed through the ages to all of God’s prophets and messengers. Muslims believe that all of God’s prophets, which include Abraham, Noah, Moses, Jesus and Muhammad, brought the same message of Pure Monotheism. For this reason, the Prophet Muhammad was not the founder of a new religion, as many people mistakenly think, but he was the final Prophet of Islam. By revealing His final message to Muhammad, which is an eternal and universal message for all of mankind, God finally fulfilled the covenant that He made with Abraham, who was one of the earliest and greatest prophets.

A Brief Introduction to Islam
The word Islam means surrender

It does not mean submission to God
But means admission to Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah
Here is a word of surrender
And the word worship is used in worship to God
Now that Mohammed is the last prophet, this talk is not acceptable
The teachings of Muhammad to prove it
And Jesus said
By their fruits you will know them
Mohammed is the fruits of terrorism and hatred
God does not need a prophet of last resort
Because the full attributes of God in the Torah
And humanity do not need a man to drink from Paul camel
Ibrahim had belonged to the ancient nation
Chaldeans are
Abraham came from Ur of the Chaldeans
Mohammed belonged to the desert nomads
Allah in Islam is the one who carried out the wishes of Mohamed nationality
Allah in Islam is the one who allowed him to marry a wife Zaid
Does God works in this post
God in Islam is a cunning and deceitful
God in Islam forget
Lying in Islam is distorting the image of God announced by Jesus
Christianity declares that God is love
Buddhism declares that love is the essence of respect to the cow
While Islam says that man is the enemy of God
And that terrorism is one of the duties of Muslims
And developed the principles them what force you can and horses Trhabon strap him the enemy of Allah and your enemy
It is man the enemy of God
But the myths of revelation
to Mohammed
Read the how the angel came to Mohammed, in the embrace of his first wife Khadija
Oh angel who brings this to your bedroom until the message of God and you are asleep in the arms of your spouse
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2016, 11:20 PM
 
2,826 posts, read 1,865,480 times
Reputation: 991
Woodrow at one point tried to quote compare Jewish, Muslim, Christian Hell. Sorry, but... Hell is not biblical. Gehenna and Sheol exists in the Jewish tradition, but it was basically almost for everyone, because the standards were impossibly high. The Law was impossible to follow. Most people mentioned simply went Sheol which a shadowy world analogous to being in a grave. Gehenna was for really vile people, and the closest thing to Heaven, residing with God, was almost unheard of except for a rare few, most of which did not technically die (such as Elijah)

In the Bible however, Hell is not named. Its name comes from a corruption of Norse influence, and artistic equivalents of Hades. However, the belief of the Nicene Creed has one little line "he descended into the dead." Jesus visited the land of the dead ("Hell") before rising again. But why?

The Harrowing of Hell. According to Christian lore, Jesus preached to those in this land, effectively flinging wide the gates and letting everyone out, before leaving himself. Hell is not something to fear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top