U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: According to you, who is the most popular?
Abu Bakr 0 0%
Omar 0 0%
Uthman 0 0%
Khalid 0 0%
Aisha 0 0%
Don't know or don't want to answer (if you're not a Sunni Muslim, pick this option please) 2 100.00%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2016, 05:24 AM

20 posts, read 14,646 times

Advertisements

Assalam Alaykoum,

Could you please sort these Muslims from the most popular to the least popular: Abu Bakr, Omar, Uthman, Khalid, Aisha.

Last edited by Omega Force; 11-15-2016 at 05:34 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2016, 07:45 AM

4,416 posts, read 1,643,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Force View Post
Assalam Alaykoum,

Could you please sort these Muslims from the most popular to the least popular: Abu Bakr, Omar, Uthman, Khalid, Aisha.
Sorry, not interested or qualified to do this.

It's quite offensive, IMO, to rate anyone of them ahead or after each other. That's Allah's job.

What is our worth to judge and then rate them?

Old 11-15-2016, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
Sorry, not interested or qualified to do this.

It's quite offensive, IMO, to rate anyone of them ahead or after each other. That's Allah's job.

What is our worth to judge and then rate them?
It seems you didn't read my question properly. I asked who is the most popular/famous. I didn't ask who is the best, the more deserving of Jannah. Only Allah knows who is the best. But anyone can say who is the most popular/famous.

Old 11-15-2016, 09:07 AM

Quote:
It seems you didn't read my question properly. I asked who is the most popular/famous. I didn't ask who is the best, the more deserving of Jannah. Only Allah knows who is the best. But anyone can say who is the most popular/famous.
To form such an opinion, one should have a criteria. And it's since it's an OPINION BASED poll, each and every person may have a different criteria UNLESS you provide the criteria AND THEN be the first one to vote.

It will be deragorty and offensive either way.

If you place A before B, what does it mean? B lacks somewhere in something that makes A superior and hence more popular than B.

What did you just do? You JUDJED A and B.

If you wanna go ahead and do that then go ahead.

I don't have the qualification and dare to involve in such a useless and fruitless endevour, and then take the risk of being responsible and answerable in front of Allah.

This will be quite unwise thing to do.

Old 11-15-2016, 09:41 AM

2,279 posts, read 1,561,293 times
Popularity in terms of how knowledgeable todays people are of these 5 personal & not their contribution or iman.. I would say in order below

• Aisha - is a name even non-Muslim's today know. They might not know the full story but it is a name our society is familiar with whether one is Muslim or not. Even those who never read a book on Islam have an opinion about her life, thanks to the media.
  • Abu Bakr - This is a name/personality every Muslim is familiar with, even those who have very little knowledge and are not practicing will still have some knowledge about him. Some non-Muslims who have looked into Islam 101 are familiar with Abu Bakr as well.
  • Omar and Uthman - One has to learn a little bit more about Islam to be familiar with these names. It might be in Islam 101 course but Omar and Uthman are mentioned few chapters in that most tend to not remember too well.
  • Khalid - Similar to Omar and Uthamn, knowledge about Khalid is not obvious. One needs to study Islamic history a little bit to who Khalid is and what his contributions were.

Someone who is strong in their religion will know all of them and value all of them but I am saying in terms of people with little knowledge, will they know these personalities.

Old 11-15-2016, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keraT View Post
Popularity in terms of how knowledgeable todays people are of these 5 personal & not their contribution or iman.. I would say in order below

• Aisha - is a name even non-Muslim's today know. They might not know the full story but it is a name our society is familiar with whether one is Muslim or not. Even those who never read a book on Islam have an opinion about her life, thanks to the media.
  • Abu Bakr - This is a name/personality every Muslim is familiar with, even those who have very little knowledge and are not practicing will still have some knowledge about him. Some non-Muslims who have looked into Islam 101 are familiar with Abu Bakr as well.
  • Omar and Uthman - One has to learn a little bit more about Islam to be familiar with these names. It might be in Islam 101 course but Omar and Uthman are mentioned few chapters in that most tend to not remember too well.
  • Khalid - Similar to Omar and Uthamn, knowledge about Khalid is not obvious. One needs to study Islamic history a little bit to who Khalid is and what his contributions were.

Someone who is strong in their religion will know all of them and value all of them but I am saying in terms of people with little knowledge, will they know these personalities.
Looks like you fell for it.

We live an era of paid bloggers.

Whether intentional or unintentional but notice how the OP has a strong potential of instigating a shia vs sunni divide.

Did you see he intentionally or unintentionally omitted Ali (ra) from the list, and then put more stuff in brackets? "(if you're not a Sunni Muslim, pick this option please)"

And here is an example of how this divide could start and get deeper.

You placed Aisha (ra), the beloved mother of our ummah, on top of the list.

An extremist shia may not agree with it and he may start typing all sort of lies against her (ra) - he may even end up using profanity and derogatory remarks against her (ra) or Abu Bakr (ra) nauzubillah.

This may hurt your feeling and you may retaliate or some other forum member will.

What will be the end result? More fuel added to the fire of hate. And the OP will meet his goal.

IMO, the OP is totally useless and fruitless effort to bring any positive vibe to our faith.

As Muslims, we should look FORWARD and see how we can better use our energy, time and resources to bring improvement in our day to day life and work towards peace for ALL.

No point in digging up the history and involve in something that really doesn't serve any purpose. That's my opinion and I may be wrong.

Old 11-15-2016, 12:25 PM

@GoCardinals:
You’re the exact reason why I don’t talk often in Forums: a normal people ask some normal random questions, and then some lunatic believes that it’s some kind of evil plot with the hidden goal of causing something malevolent.
First you accuse me of wanting to offend some sahabas by rating some below others… Now you accuse me of wanting to offend Shias… Which is it? You can’t accuse me of both since these accusations are mutually contradictory.
I only wanted to hear the opinions of Sunnis specifically because the names listed were Sunni names, and were hated by most Shias so I didn’t want this thread to turn into a Sunni-Shia war.

Anyway, I had an interesting follow up question, but this thread is getting hijacked by GoCardinals so I won’t even bother wasting more of my time, I’ll just ask the question someplace else.

Old 11-15-2016, 02:34 PM

Quote:
@GoCardinals:
You’re the exact reason why I don’t talk often in Forums: a normal people ask some normal random questions, and then some lunatic believes that it’s some kind of evil plot with the hidden goal of causing something malevolent.
First you accuse me of wanting to offend some sahabas by rating some below others… Now you accuse me of wanting to offend Shias… Which is it? You can’t accuse me of both since these accusations are mutually contradictory.
I only wanted to hear the opinions of Sunnis specifically because the names listed were Sunni names, and were hated by most Shias so I didn’t want this thread to turn into a Sunni-Shia war.

Anyway, I had an interesting follow up question, but this thread is getting hijacked by GoCardinals so I won’t even bother wasting more of my time, I’ll just ask the question someplace else.
See the problem above in blue text?

You start off on the wrong foot when you ASSUME that all these figures were "Sunnis" - not they were NOT!

They were Muslims.

Did Abu Bakr (ra) or Umar (ra) claim that we are Sunnis?
Did Ali (ra) claim that he was a Shia?

See what's wrong with your mindset?

Old 11-15-2016, 05:09 PM

@GoCardinals:
"Sunni names" are just names used often by Sunnis but disliked by Shias.
You want to go on a crusade to promote peace between Shias and Sunnis? Great. Then make your own threads about this. But please don’t hijack threads of other people with your fanaticism.

Old 11-15-2016, 05:20 PM

Quote:
@GoCardinals:
"Sunni names" are just names used often by Sunnis but disliked by Shias.
You want to go on a crusade to promote peace between Shias and Sunnis? Great. Then make your own threads about this. But please don’t hijack threads of other people with your fanaticism.
So you are OK if shia vs sunni hate flares up. And anyone who tries to unite the two groups in a fanatic?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam