Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2016, 06:47 AM

3,640 posts, read 42,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
Note your original translation was

Note 25:52
فَلَا تُطِعِ الْكَافِرِينَ وَجَاهِدْهُم بِهِ جِهَادًا كَبِيرًا
Fala tutiAAi alkafireena wajahidhum bihi jihadan kabeeran
So (do) not obey the disbelievers and strive (against) them with it, a striving great.
There is no mention of "Qu'ran" therein.
I had made it easy for you to understand. In the verse "bihi" ("with it"} is "with the Qur'aan" or with the Qur'aanic guidance. Literally, "the Qur'aan" is not in the verse but by "bihi" is meant "with the Qur'aan".

Quote:
"Kabeeran" could mean more forceful [more "evilish"] especially when infidels are already dehumanized in 25:44 as "cattle" and condemned with contempt and enmity all over the Quran.
You are imagining too much and going too far.

There are 2 kind of "jihad". One is "striving" in your private and everyday life (related to Self/Nafs) and the other "striving" to stay alive when under attack. This striving is defensive. The former is known in Islam as "major jihad" ("greater or greatest jihad) and the latter is known as minor jihad. The minor jihad is struggling to survive when war is waged against us. This jihad must stop when the war stops. The major jihad (striving) is throughout the life. For example, I find someone's money outside my house. I know the guy who has just dropped it. The shaytan in my nafs (evil potential to you) will tell me to keep the money. I am now in a struggle (jihad) with the shaytanic side of my nafs. My good side of the nafs (good potential) tells me to go to the guy and give his money back to him. The guidance in the Qur'aan is to do the latter. This is where the greater jihad comes into our lives.

You are imagining soft aggression and hard aggression as minor and major jihad in war situation only.

Quote:
In addition the overall context of chapter 9 is in a warfare context.
The first dozen or so verses are the last verses on fighting between Meccans and Muslims. In fact the war situation ended with these verse and there wasn't even one more war from Meccans after these verses were revealed.

Judging by your understanding of these verses, particularly the 9:5 (so-called sword verse), there would have been bloodshed of Quraish idol worshipers in Mecca. But nothing like that ever happened there after these verses were revealed.

Quote:
Note the details of the background story as you claim for 60:1 is not stated in the Quran.
When you resort to historical records especially those from more than 1000 years ago, the truth credibility is very diluted.
For me, there are enough details in 60:1-3 to understand the background. What can you see in those details in 60:1-3?

Quote:
You, as a moderate good Muslim may veer towards to the good elements, but you are not in a position at all to judge and prevent the evil prone Muslims to interpret more directly based on the principles from the Quran.
We all have the same potential. The Qur'aan is as open to them as open to me. I have learnt from the Qur'aan and so can they and you.

Quote:
In the context of the whole Quran, 60:1 convey the principle that Muslims are not to befriend infidels [who jihad to idols are to be condemned with contempt].
Not befriending infidels is not the same as attacking infidels. It means, do not trust those who have already expelled you from your homes (in Mecca).

Quote:
If Muslims befriend infidels even in secret, Allah, all knowing will know it and they will be sent to Hell.
Or the infidels will kill you for your believing in One God instead of 360 gods.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2016, 07:32 AM

633 posts, read 581,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvbostons7489 View Post
I have a friend who is Muslim and she was raised in Yemen or something. Sometimes I can't really understand a word she is saying sometimes. Today i asked her is there Radical Islam..or is Isis muslims?

She told me the Muslim religion is totally against killing anybody. I know she doesn't eat pork.

PLus along time ago she said Sudan Hussein was a good guy so my coworker and I reminded her that he killed his own people she then told us don't believe everything we hear or read.

So i am just confused. I mean i love my friend but just completely confused.

What is radical islam?
what is Isis?
What is the sharia law?
Moderator cut: This is not the Politics forum.
But at same time they have not taken any steps to stop radical Islam.

for instance lets say some lunitic Catholic was killing in the name of religion, the Pope would step in and denounce it but Muslims turn a blind eye which kinda validates it.

Old 12-27-2016, 08:48 AM

2,049 posts, read 1,066,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaBeachBum View Post

for instance lets say some lunitic Catholic was killing in the name of religion, the Pope would step in and denounce it but Muslims turn a blind eye which kinda validates it.
I suggest you hold the following test

When you talk to a Muslim friend

Show him ask him

this question

)peace be upon him said: «ordered to fight the people until they testify that there is no god but Allah and that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah, and establish prayer, and pay zakat, and if they did Asmoa me blood and money only to the right of Islam and the self-employed on God. » [LEFT]
Read more: Questions for Muslim?
If denied the words of the Prophet

It is disingenuous
If he said that the Koran does not say so
Show him the following verse
Fight those who do not believe in God and the last day

If he said this is not true
Gave him a question
Do whichever is the best
State law or the law of the Koran
In this simple questions you will know that your friend
Trying to mislead

There is not in Koran the word of love and clear of humans

The Koran says that you impure
But detest impure
And given to him in the Arab انما المشركون نجس [SIZE=2]( يا أيها الذين آمنوا إنما المشركون نجس فلا يقربوا المسجد الحرام بعد عامهم هذا وإن خفتم عيلة فسوف يغنيكم الله من فضله إن شاء إن الله عليم حكيم ( 28 ) ) [/SIZE]
One of the verses of the Koran that call for hatred of the human race
[/LEFT]

Old 12-27-2016, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccabee 2A View Post
That poor boy just behind the executioner is going to be scarred for life. Just because someone dared to question Islam.
You see that kid
Watching stock decapitation
And you have to notice the joy on the faces
Something sickening

Old 12-27-2016, 09:09 AM

1,666 posts, read 1,018,050 times
Quote:

This a common misperception in the USA. There has been an immense outpouring from Islamic leaders condemning the actions of ISIS and Al-Qaeda. In fact there was a letter signed by nearly the entire spectrum of modern Islamic thought doing so.

Old 12-27-2016, 09:21 AM

Quote:
There is only one Islam; Islam. Radical, militant, terrorism, criminal drivers, gin drinking suicide bombers, prostitutes visitors, who never go to pray are not Islam. They are presented by politiciansand media as this islam and that islam, making everything Islam in their ignorance about Islam.

Quote:
Muslim Pope can't do the same to lunatic, who is lunatic in the name of Islam, because some lunatics killed the Muslim Pope a long time ago.

Old 12-27-2016, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXNative2Houston View Post
This a common misperception in the USA. There has been an immense outpouring from Islamic leaders condemning the actions of ISIS and Al-Qaeda. In fact there was a letter signed by nearly the entire spectrum of modern Islamic thought doing so.
They follow a structured approach
It is to be needy and nice
After that you can have the power to control and impose couches
They follow the pious
It is a kind of deception
They are known in the Koran
Jesus said
Wolves wear clothes Lambs
And offering you a handy address book in the English language
Book name crucified again
exposing islam s
new war on christians
aurther
raymond ibrahim
Muslim Radical Muslim real
The moderate Muslim dangerous than radical
Because it provides little to you the truth of the Islamic
Radical Muslim announce explicitly
While moderate Muslim trying to lies and deception
The two are two sides of the same coin which is the Koran and the teachings of the Koran

Old 12-27-2016, 09:36 AM

Quote:
They are brainwashed in USA by people like Trump to believe that ALL Mosleums are terrorists. And vote for him is proof that they too think the same twisted way. And then they wonder why the war on terror has not eliminated terrorism.

You can't win if you are trying to eliminate Islam.

Terrorists have killed more Muslims than non-Muslims but this is ignored by the non-Muslims in USA. That is a kind of approval of Muslims being killed by terrorists of ISIS, Al-Qaida and the Taliban.

This kind of thinking has nothing to do with ISLAM.

Old 12-27-2016, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Muslims in your country does not believe in democracy
This is a threat to the US Your Community
American society is a democratic society
Believes in the power of the people is
But Islam believes that power is God
This is a dangerous concept

Moderate Muslim believes that Islamic Sharia is better than all the constitutions of the world
And it believes that the Koran is the word of God
It is not so different from the radical Muslim
Muslims in the country is trying to apply the Sharia
This threat to the US Damqratitk
I invite you to ask a Muslim friend
Which is better the laws of the United States
Or the law of the Koran

Old 12-27-2016, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahasn sawresho View Post
impose couches
follow the pious
Koran

Wolves wear clothes Lambs

the English language
Book name
christians
aurther

coin which is the Koran

of the Koran
Does anyone

have a spare

English

dictionary please?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam