U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2016, 09:34 PM

1,666 posts, read 772,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Even if I wanted more than one wife (which I don't) i would not meet the conditions to enable me to have more than one.

The allowance of 4 wives and the conditions required actually promotes monogamy. The Qur'aan is the only religious scripture that limits the number of wives a man can have.

The world actually has "pseudo-polygamy" in most nations it is permissible for consenting adults to engage in sex. In most nations there is nothing illegal for unmarried consenting adults to have as many sex partners as they can handle.
End of subject.

Anyone who has actually been married knows that it is hard work and a difficult thing to commit to, especially with more than one wife. To follow desires and lusts would have been for Muhammad (saw) to adopt the way of the common westerner... free sex for all, open relationships, swinging and one night stands.

Old 12-21-2016, 11:28 PM

2,050 posts, read 666,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXNative2Houston View Post
End of subject.

Anyone who has actually been married knows that it is hard work and a difficult thing to commit to, especially with more than one wife. To follow desires and lusts would have been for Muhammad (saw) to adopt the way of the common westerner... free sex for all, open relationships, swinging and one night stands.
This information we provide to Muslims
But they refuse to admit it
This is a big problem
The words of the Koran and clear
So why Muslims refuse to recognize it
I think that psychologists should look at the Muslim character
Color blindness disease
The disease is also thought blindness
That is why the scientists must search in the intellectual blindness

Old 12-22-2016, 01:40 PM

3,168 posts, read 1,046,924 times
Quote:
Anyone who has actually been married knows that it is hard work and a difficult thing to commit to, especially with more than one wife.
Intellectively blind, Muslim haters, think that marrying more than one woman is for lust.

Old 12-22-2016, 11:01 PM

3,440 posts, read 1,593,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalif View Post
Intellectively blind, Muslim haters, think that marrying more than one woman is for lust.
The above is a blind and narrow view.
I did not say, All men married more than one wife due to lust.
Men marry [where it is 'legal'] more than one wife for many reasons, but the most common reason is for lust with legal sanction.

Old 12-22-2016, 11:52 PM

1,666 posts, read 772,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
The above is a blind and narrow view.
I did not say, All men married more than one wife due to lust.
Men marry [where it is 'legal'] more than one wife for many reasons, but the most common reason is for lust with legal sanction.
Proof?

Again I don't see how anyone who has been married would say they would marry more wives for lust.

Old 12-23-2016, 12:36 AM

Quote:
This strange and wondrous question
Should he marry a man in order to put his wife in the coated ball and enjoy the view
A man can marry up to marry his wife
Polygamy is an ongoing and Advanced ****
Islamic law
Allowed in marriage
Mohammed had a high standard in the number of wives
Is Muhammad married his wives friendly to them
Meaning it was merciful
Gender does not exercise them

Old 12-23-2016, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Proof?
Again I don't see how anyone who has been married would say they would marry more wives for lust.
Proof?
Any proofs to show all people do not marry more wives for lust?

From the views you posted you seem to be very ignorant about human nature.
As human being that is irresponsible not to understand human nature. Know Thyself.

Here are some articles related to polygamy;
(you have to read the full article to understand)

Quote:
The independence of these emotion systems may have evolved among our ancestors to enable males and females to take advantage of several mating strategies simultaneously. With this brain architecture, they could form a pair bond with one partner and practice clandestine adultery too, thereby taking advantage of rare “extra” mating opportunities. They could also practice polygamy if the opportunity arose. But for modern humans, these distinct brain circuits have enormously complicated life, contributing to today’s worldwide patterns of adultery and divorce; the high incidence of sexual jealousy, stalking, and spouse battering; and the prevalence of homicide, suicide, and clinical depression associated with romantic rejection.
Brains Do It: Lust, Attraction, and Attachment
Quote:
Lust
As with anger, the evolutionary function of lust is obvious. Our drive to mate ensures the continuation of the species. As with several of the other sins, lust becomes a problem only when it is unconstrained or aroused by inappropriate targets. In part this is culturally determined. Although monogamy is widely practised, or at least aspired to, in mainstream Western culture, polygamy is also found globally, from Mormon societies in the United States to Islamic nations like Sudan, where it has been actively encouraged by the President as a way to increase the population. Polygamy is also practised by some of our primate cousins, especially the bonobo chimpanzee.
https://thepsychologist.bps.org.uk/v...-2/deadly-sins
To get a thorough understanding of the issue you need to read at least 20 articles related to polygamy from the psychology, neuroscience, evolutionary psychology perspective.

The polygamous tendency is inherent in all humans and active in a large percentage of humans.

Now if it permitted by divine decree than obviously those who are driven by such a lust will take advantage of it. The likely consequences is sufferings to some women, children and even the husbands.

A wise God should not condone such an immoral act like polygamy in a immutable eternal divine book.

Old 12-23-2016, 03:07 AM

Quote:
Proof?

As human being that is irresponsible not to understand human nature. Know Thyself.

To get a thorough understanding of the issue you need to read at least 20 articles related to polygamy from the psychology, neuroscience, evolutionary psychology perspective.

The polygamous tendency is inherent in all humans and active in a large percentage of humans.

Now if it permitted by divine decree than obviously those who are driven by such a lust will take advantage of it. The likely consequences is sufferings to some women, children and even the husbands.

A wise God should not condone such an immoral act like polygamy in a immutable eternal divine book.
The problem here
That which claims to prophethood, Muhammad
It has the right to marry this huge number of women
God has two criteria
First to Muslims
Particularly in the second and the Prophet Muhammad
Muslim has the right to four wives at one time
While Muhammad owned a nine wives at one time
In addition to slaves and women Coptic Maria

Polygamy refers to the sensuality of the unruly man
And also a great injustice to women

Old 12-23-2016, 03:18 AM

3,168 posts, read 1,046,924 times
Quote:
Proof?

Reading what others have written will not give you thorough understanding of the issue.

Even by getting married to up to 4 wives will give you only 50% understanding of the issue.

Quote:
Why are most Muslims married to only one woman when you think that they can marry up to 4 women?

Quote:
Why have I not done it? Because I am without lust and without polygamous tendency?

I haven't done it because I understand the Qur'aan better than many.

Quote:
A Wise God has explained the reason of situation at the time and set the condition that must be met for it. OTHERWISE just one wife is clearly stated. The condition now can't be met, so just one.

Old 12-23-2016, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Why are most Muslims married to only one woman when you think that they can marry up to 4 women?
Even if a bank leave its doors and vault open without guards, not 100% of people will try to steal the money there in.
This is why you have to understand human nature and the Normal Distribution re human variables.

Allowing Muslim men to marry up to 4 is like leaving all the doors and lock open without guards to the public at large.

The point is humanity must not provide any opportunity at all for any one to commit immorality such as polygamy in the present era.

Quote:
Why have I not done it? Because I am without lust and without polygamous tendency?
This where you do not understand human nature thoroughly and the Normal Distribution of human variables.
All humans has the potential for polygamous tendencies. It is just that many [like yourself] has better self-control or they are law-abiding where polygamy is illegal.
Polygamy by present standard is very immoral and its consequences for many allow manifest sufferings for women, children and even the guilty husband.
It is very natural, there are many people at the other portion of the Normal Distribution on this point who are not able to control their sexual lusts.
Therefore if they are legally by divine decree permitted to do so, they will find ways and means to comply with that law and the results is sufferings.

Quote:
I haven't done it because I understand the Qur'aan better than many.
A Wise God has explained the reason of situation at the time and set the condition that must be met for it. OTHERWISE just one wife is clearly stated. The condition now can't be met, so just one.
Note normal distribution. If you are 6 feet tall, you cannot expect all humans to be 6 feet tall.
It is naturally and at all times, there will be humans with varying height and build.
Therefore if you can control your polygamous lusts, it not necessary that all humans can be like you.

If you understand human nature and the Normal Distribution, you will understand there will always be humans who are born with very weak control of their lusts [impulse] unlike you.

A wise God who understand human nature should also understand there will be a % of people who cannot control their lusts. Thus a wise God would never permit men to marry up to 4 wives and decreed it as an immutable eternal law.

A wise God who is omniscience [knows all that is past and future] would never have introduce a law that permit Muslim men to marry up to 4 wives on an immutable and eternal basis.

This is evidence that the Quran was authored by a person or group of persons who did not understand human nature deeply and the natural Normal Distribution relating to sexual lusts, plus that conditions will change in the future. This is why they made a law perhaps ok for 700AD, e.g. only Muslim men can marry up to 4 wives as immutable and eternal.

Note the moral mistake here is making the Law immutable and eternal. This is proof the Quran was authored by human[s] as a supposed God [if exists] would never make such a basic mistake.

If I am God [and because I am omniscience, all knowing and all powerful] and revealed the Quran in 632AD I would have stated;
'Muslim men can marry up to 4 wives for the next 1,000 years only' and marry only one wife after the 1,000 years is over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam