U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2016, 03:30 AM

3,167 posts, read 1,040,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
What is critical is to get the meaning into context of the whole Quran.

The meaning is if there is any mention of god[ilah] it can only be Allah [The God], which is he same as there is no god but Allah.
As I had stated there is a problem with translating word for word, thus we need to tune the meaning with the other language.
Continuum,

The whole Qur'aan is rejecting other gods. Do you need me to quote all those verses?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2016, 09:03 PM

3,440 posts, read 1,585,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalif View Post
Continuum,

The whole Qur'aan is rejecting other gods. Do you need me to quote all those verses?
There are ton of verses rejecting other gods but the main and substance is to ya'budu Allah alone.
This is why I insist we must always go for the ultimate message and not its various forms.
The ultimate is for that All humans must ya'budu Allah alone.
The mentions of 'other gods' partners, deities, sons, idols, etc. are secondary to the above ultimate message.

Example;
With normal human nature, two new lovers would expect the other to focus his/her love on oneself.
It is very natural for a man who fell in love - especially the first time - the man would expect his girlfriend to put all her romantic love and attention on himself at all times.
This should be the main focus and the main intend from both sides.

It is only the very jealous with low self-esteem who would tell the other spouse to focus on him/her and specifically dictate to her to reject others. Some men has such low self-esteem and are so jealous to the extent they want to control every move of their girlfriend for fear she may love or be seduced by another man. This is very common.

The Quran issues very terrible threats [in the world and hereafter] to believers and non-Muslims if they do not worship Allah alone. Those who worship other gods beside Allah are threatened with hell-fire and be burnt eternally. This is a reflection of a jealous and person with very low self-esteem.
This is another evidence to support the Quran was written by humans as only humans are vulnerable to experience jealousy and low self-esteem.

An all-powerful, all knowing, compassionate God would never be jealous, display low esteem traits and threatens with terrible evils and violence on those who disbelieve.

Old 12-24-2016, 01:56 AM

3,167 posts, read 1,040,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
There are ton of verses rejecting other gods but the main and substance is to ya'budu Allah alone.
This is why I insist we must always go for the ultimate message and not its various forms.
Why only "worship Me" but never "do not worship other gods"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or