U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-10-2017, 07:14 PM
 
Location: Not-a-Theist
3,440 posts, read 1,585,301 times
Reputation: 461

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalif View Post
That might be your point but not my point.

Neither the 2,836 is 90% of the 6,236 nor is the 3,236 10% of the 6,236 in my calculation.

This goes to show how poor you are in working out the percentage and how much of the written text you can't understand. You did not understand at all as to what I had written.

I had written:

The "10%" is part of the Qur'aan context that renders "90%" as justice laden verses.

Wrong!

[2] 10% is what makes the rest “justice laden verses”. So that’s out as your evidence to start with.
Re the %, it your fault not mine. The onus is on you to make your points and figures clear.


Quote:
As for [3] all have potential to do evil since the day man was created. That will not change for the worse unless the Qur'aan is taken out of the circulation. The evil will keep happening even more without the Qur’aan.

Such “20% of evil prone Muslims” are part of the “20% of evil prone humans”. Absence of the Qur’aan will push up the figure 20% of evil prone humans. Therefore you are suggesting a negative method that will increase evil rather than reduce evil in the world.
You got it wrong.
The evil potential in humans will not change because it is embedded in the DNA. You have to educate yourself on knowledge of neuroscience and neuro-psychiatry.

If the Quran is taken out of circulation, there will be no more evils and violence committed by evil prone religious people who are triggered by evil laden verses from the Quran.
Then these religious people will definitely turn to other religions.

If there is no Quran and because the other main religions [at present has no evidence of serious violence], there will be no more religious inspired evils and violence.

Let say, if the Quran is taken out of circulation, then the religious prones will all turn to Christianity or other religions. Then the 20% of ex-Muslim will not be commit any evils and violence as there are no opportunity for them to commit evils and violence in the name of Christ.
It would be the same if all of them were to turn to Buddhism, Jainism or other non-Islamic religions.

Note the facts as supported with real evidence;
Islam is the only religion which has evil laden elements in its holy texts that trigger the 20% of evil prone Muslims to commit terrible evils and violence.
Non-Islamic religions DO NOT have evil laden elements in their holy texts that can trigger the 20% of evil prone believers to commit terrible evils and violence.

Quote:
Because it is imbedded in the DNA of humans, you can blame only the humans for their evil acts.
Your thinking is off here.
Example;
It is embedded in the DNA of lions that the lions will naturally kill and eat humans.
Do you blame the lion if any human were to enter into a lion's den and got killed or if the lion has escaped and entered into a residential area and killed humans.

NO! we don't blame the lions.
The blame is on the humans who are ignorant and the careless people who let the lion to escape.
The solution is to get rid of the lion and educate the humans.
In the case of the evil potential in the DNA of humans, you cannot blame the humans because we do not have solutions [yet] to deal with the problem at the DNA level.
What is need to be done is not to introduce elements and catalysts that will trigger the evil prone to commit evils and violence.
In this case, the Quran contains evil laden elements.
The solution is to deal with the evil laden elements in the Quran and prevent them from being exposed to the 20% of evil prone Muslims and even some of the supposedly good Muslims.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum
Therefore the most effective solution is thus to focus and deal directly with [2], the "3,236 [evil laden verses]=10%" in the Quran.
Quote:
That is a foolish “solution” as it will only increase the evil doers. The 10% of the verses are keeping the evil in check. The other 90% are justice laden verses that act as detterent. The net result is less evil in the world as most Muslims are peaceful due to the Qur'aan teachings.
Your problem solving skills are very bad.
Here is one problem solving in dealing with the ultimate root causes.
Example:
Suppose you are an oncologist [cancer specialist].
Your diagnosis indicated your patient has very malignant cancer cells in one non-critical part of the body.
At the present, these malignant cancer cells are being held back by the patient's immune system.
Now what will be your solutions and treatment?
Would you recommend the patient don't do any thing about it because the patient's immune system is healthy at the present? or
Do you follow the universal rule of health, i.e. prevention is better than cure, and thus the solution is to do surgery to cut away that part of the body with the malignant cells?
Based on your most effective solution for the evil prone Muslims, you are suggesting the patient should not do anything about it since the patient's immune system is healthy at present. You are ignoring the fact that the patient's immune system can weaken any time.

My solution would be to deal with the malignant cells and get rid of them so that there is no potential at all for the patient to get cancer in this case.

As with the Quran and unavoidable evil prone Muslims we need to deal with those malignant evil laden verses in the Quran.

Why Muslims are so aggressive and resistant to such preventive measures is because Muslims as believers, naturally has a very strong and aggressive primal psychological stake in it. This is due to lack of control of the nafs [primal impulses].
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-11-2017, 12:43 AM
 
3,167 posts, read 1,039,481 times
Reputation: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
Re the %, it your fault not mine. The onus is on you to make your points and figures clear.
Not my fault but your miscalculation. You did not notice your clanger.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
You got it wrong.
The evil potential in humans will not change because it is embedded in the DNA. You have to educate yourself on knowledge of neuroscience and neuro-psychiatry.
That's why there will always be those who will do evil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
If the Quran is taken out of circulation, there will be no more evils and violence committed by evil prone religious people who are triggered by evil laden verses from the Quran.
Then these religious people will definitely turn to other religions.
Nonsense!

They are not religious in the first place; they just pretend to be religious. They are not triggered by the Qur'aan but by politics. It is the evil politics that turn them to act evil. It is daft to think that them turning to other religions will stop them doing evil. You have no idea why evil prone do the evil acts. The main reason they do evil acts is their disobedience of God. Anyone who obeys God will not do evil act.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
If there is no Quran and because the other main religions [at present has no evidence of serious violence], there will be no more religious inspired evils and violence.
That is another comment in ignorance. Torah is full of violence and killings of infidels. Addition of such evil prone will maintain the violence and killings until they grab the land from one river to the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
Let say, if the Quran is taken out of circulation, then the religious prones will all turn to Christianity or other religions.
They will turn to Judaism, the only other monotheist religion. They will then keep fighting for their land and new settlements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
Then the 20% of ex-Muslim will not be commit any evils and violence as there are no opportunity for them to commit evils and violence in the name of Christ.
They will carry on doing their violent acts because of politics as usual. There would be no change in their case but then present peaceful Muslims will no longer be peaceful if the Qur'aan is not there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
It would be the same if all of them were to turn to Buddhism, Jainism or other non-Islamic religions.
They will carry on as usual when they turn to Judaism, the only other religion they will see nearest to Islam. They already regard Jewish prophets as their prophets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
Note the facts as supported with real evidence;
Islam is the only religion which has evil laden elements in its holy texts that trigger the 20% of evil prone Muslims to commit terrible evils and violence.
You are talking in ignorance about the Torah. Judging by what's in the Torah, there would be only Jews living in the land from the river in Egypt to the Great Euphrates. The first thing they will do is slaughter all Muslims and Christians around the Temple Mount, destroy the Masjid Al-Aqsa and built their third temple there. It will be history repeating all over again with Crusaders doing evil acts in the name of Christianity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
Non-Islamic religions DO NOT have evil laden elements in their holy texts that can trigger the 20% of evil prone believers to commit terrible evils and violence.
Have you read the Torah? My guess is that you have. If you have, you are talking nonsense here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
Your thinking is off here.
Example;
It is embedded in the DNA of lions that the lions will naturally kill and eat humans.
Do you blame the lion if any human were to enter into a lion's den and got killed or if the lion has escaped and entered into a residential area and killed humans.

NO! we don't blame the lions.
The blame is on the humans who are ignorant and the careless people who let the lion to escape.
The solution is to get rid of the lion and educate the humans.
The same way, the solution is get rid of dirty politics and educate the evil doers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
In the case of the evil potential in the DNA of humans, you cannot blame the humans because we do not have solutions [yet] to deal with the problem at the DNA level.
Then there would always be evil acts regardless of any text.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
What is need to be done is not to introduce elements and catalysts that will trigger the evil prone to commit evils and violence.
There are no verses in the Qur'aan that are evil laden. The Qur'aan forbids doing evil. Those who do evil do it when disobeying God. That's why they are identified as Zalimin in the Qur'aan. The Zalimin (whether self-proclaimed Muslims or non-Muslims) are destined for hell for becoming Zalimin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
In this case, the Quran contains evil laden elements.
There is no such case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
The solution is to deal with the evil laden elements in the Quran and prevent them from being exposed to the 20% of evil prone Muslims and even some of the supposedly good Muslims.
You can't do such a silly thing because (a) justice laden elements are not evil laden elements in the Qur'aan and (b) it will certainly turn good Muslims to evil Muslims.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
Your problem solving skills are very bad.
Yours are the worst.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
Here is one problem solving in dealing with the ultimate root causes.
Example:
Suppose you are an oncologist [cancer specialist].
Your diagnosis indicated your patient has very malignant cancer cells in one non-critical part of the body.
At the present, these malignant cancer cells are being held back by the patient's immune system.
Now what will be your solutions and treatment?
Would you recommend the patient don't do any thing about it because the patient's immune system is healthy at the present? or
Do you follow the universal rule of health, i.e. prevention is better than cure, and thus the solution is to do surgery to cut away that part of the body with the malignant cells?
Based on your most effective solution for the evil prone Muslims, you are suggesting the patient should not do anything about it since the patient's immune system is healthy at present. You are ignoring the fact that the patient's immune system can weaken any time.

My solution would be to deal with the malignant cells and get rid of them so that there is no potential at all for the patient to get cancer in this case.
Your solution would be wrong as you are not the cancer specialist you claim to be. You have the diagnosis completely wrong. You should have come to me for an advice. I would have told you that their is no cancer in that patient at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
As with the Quran and unavoidable evil prone Muslims we need to deal with those malignant evil laden verses in the Quran.
There are no evil laden verses in the Qur'aan but justice laden verses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
Why Muslims are so aggressive and resistant to such preventive measures is because Muslims as believers, naturally has a very strong and aggressive primal psychological stake in it. This is due to lack of control of the nafs [primal impulses].
This is a comment in ignorance about these peaceful Muslims and their nafs. Such comments are evil laden because Muslims are bad if they do evil and bad if they don't. You will always find something against Muslims because of your inherent evil potential, listening to the politicians and being exposed to media. Stop the politicians talking in public and have media blackout so that people like you can't be radicalized against Muslims.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2017, 12:49 AM
 
3,167 posts, read 1,039,481 times
Reputation: 289
This brings me to answer your initial question.

Doing something that God has commanded people not to do is "wrongdoing" and the wrongdoers are Zalimin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2017, 09:43 PM
 
Location: Not-a-Theist
3,440 posts, read 1,585,301 times
Reputation: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalif View Post
Not my fault but your miscalculation. You did not notice your clanger.
Start with my figures and explain why there is a clanger as you claimed. My figures [estimate] are acceptable, but somehow you 'clang' along the way.

Quote:
They are not religious in the first place; they just pretend to be religious. They are not triggered by the Qur'aan but by politics.

It is the evil politics that turn them to act evil.

It is daft to think that them turning to other religions will stop them doing evil.

You have no idea why evil prone do the evil acts. The main reason they do evil acts is their disobedience of God. Anyone who obeys God will not do evil act.
How do you know they are not religious?
The fact is ALL humans are born with DNA that will drive them to be religious [soteriological and eschatological] and/or spiritual within the theistic or non-theistic framework. Therefore the majority will always gravitate towards any religion if they don't have a religion.

Take for example, communist Russia and China where religions were suppressed in the past. Now that the communist countries are more relaxed on their restrictions on religion, you will note that the atmosphere of religion is blooming. A good example is China. I foresee 50% of people of China will turn to Christianity within 30 years time and other religions in smaller percentage with Islam the least because of its potential evil and violence.

It is not politics alone that turn them into evil. The shooting of Malala and Boko Haram mission is not politics but education. The drawings of cartoons is not politics. Since Islam claims to be a Way-of-Life, any thing in life that do not please Islam is game for these evil prone Muslims who are inspired by the evil laden verse in the Quran to commit terrible evils and violence on non-Muslims.

Frankly your views and thinking are very shallow.
If the 20% of evil prone Muslims [~300 million] were to turn to other religions, their active evil tendency will not change at all. Such an active evil tendency within them is inborn and some are reinforced during nurture.
What I am emphasizing is there will be no LEADING evil elements in the texts of other religion to trigger them to commit evil and violence in the name of the religion or their founders.


Quote:
That is another comment in ignorance. Torah is full of violence and killings of infidels. Addition of such evil prone will maintain the violence and killings until they grab the land from one river to the other.

They will turn to Judaism, the only other monotheist religion. They will then keep fighting for their land and new settlements.

They will carry on doing their violent acts because of politics as usual. There would be no change in their case but then present peaceful Muslims will no longer be peaceful if the Qur'aan is not there.

They will carry on as usual when they turn to Judaism, the only other religion they will see nearest to Islam. They already regard Jewish prophets as their prophets.

You are talking in ignorance about the Torah. Judging by what's in the Torah, there would be only Jews living in the land from the river in Egypt to the Great Euphrates. The first thing they will do is slaughter all Muslims and Christians around the Temple Mount, destroy the Masjid Al-Aqsa and built their third temple there. It will be history repeating all over again with Crusaders doing evil acts in the name of Christianity.

Have you read the Torah? My guess is that you have. If you have, you are talking nonsense here.
I was hasty here as my mind is not fully on this since I am fighting for time to attend to other more critical projects.
I am aware of the evil laden elements in the Torah as I has mentioned such in my various views.
Where there are Jews committing terrible evils and violence as inspired by the Torah, then they should be condemned. I am not giving excuses on this matter.
Some extreme-right Jews may yearn to quote their Torah to get their way, but in the case of Israel, this is limited by their secular constitution.
The Palestinian problem is a very localized issue which is exploited more by the Muslims than the Jews.
Whatever the conditions, all evils and violence arising from evil laden element in holy texts that inspire evil prone believers must be condemned and dealt with.

As for other main religions, their main drive is a pacifist maxim that override any elements of evil in their holy texts.

Quote:
The same way, the solution is get rid of dirty politics and educate the evil doers.
You are not getting it. I agree humanity must get rid of dirty politics, but this forum is not about politics and dirty politics.
Note the critical point here is SOME Muslims are quoting verses from the Quran and justify their evil deedes based on these verses which they claim are Allah's words.
Other believers who happen to be evil do not quote [they have no evil laden verses to quote] verses from their holy texts to justify their evil deeds.

Quote:
Then there would always be evil acts regardless of any text.
True.
But the moral point is there should not be any evil laden texts in any holy texts of any religion.
Among the main religion is only Islam [& Torah-Judaism] that has evil laden elements in their holy texts.

Quote:
There are no verses in the Qur'aan that are evil laden. The Qur'aan forbids doing evil. Those who do evil do it when disobeying God. That's why they are identified as Zalimin in the Qur'aan. The Zalimin (whether self-proclaimed Muslims or non-Muslims) are destined for hell for becoming Zalimin.

There is no such case.

You can't do such a silly thing because (a) justice laden elements are not evil laden elements in the Qur'aan and (b) it will certainly turn good Muslims to evil Muslims.
Who are you to judge they will go to Hell.
The evil laden elements in the Quran are very obvious. I have a list of 3,400++ verses with evil laden elements of various degrees [minor to serious]. If you take it verse by verse you will not see the serious of it, but it is very dangerous when taken as a whole.
Quote:
Analogy: One evil laden verse [which you argue is not evil] is just like a drop of water, but when trillions and trillions drop of water are combined as a tsunami, it become very dangerous.
It is unfortunate that as a believer you will be an ostrich and deny anything that do not suit your views even it is the truth. That is what we call faith [belief not based on proofs and refined reason].


Quote:
Yours are the worst [Problem-Solver].
Your solution would be wrong as you are not the cancer specialist you claim to be. You have the diagnosis completely wrong. You should have come to me for an advice. I would have told you that their is no cancer in that patient at all.
Even on the basis of theory, you have not displayed you have a good theoretical framework of effective Problem-Solving Techniques.

This is a joke. You don't understand how to use 'analogies.'
In the case of analogies, you don't change the analogy example given. If you disagree, you have to reject it and/or I will bring another analogy that is agreeable.

In my above analogy, it is assumed the cancer specialist has all the best knowledge and his diagnosis is confirm by 1000 others.


Quote:
There are no evil laden verses in the Qur'aan but justice laden verses.
You must not forget the Not Seeing the 500 Pound Gorilla Syndrome suffered by most believers and others.
The related subject to this is Attentive Blindness, Confirmation Bias, and the likes.

Quote:
This is a comment in ignorance about these peaceful Muslims and their nafs. Such comments are evil laden because Muslims are bad if they do evil and bad if they don't. You will always find something against Muslims because of your inherent evil potential, listening to the politicians and being exposed to media. Stop the politicians talking in public and have media blackout so that people like you can't be radicalized against Muslims.
Don't insult me with the above!

Note, I am not a Buddhist, but I adopt the "Boddhisattva Vow" [from Buddhism] to be a concerned-citizen of humanity and the Universe. It is something like you are alluding to a "Khalifahtan" re 2:30.

I don't have the capacity to deal with ALL evils in the World so I zoom in and specialize in Religion-Inspired evils and violence.
It is a fact supported with glaring evidences there are evils and violence committed by SOME believers who are evil prone.
I zoomed in further to find out that it is only Islam mainly [&Torah] that has evil laden verses in their holy text that will inspire SOME evil prone to commit terrible evils and violence [evidence is so glaring].

As for Islam, I noted the evil elements are from the Quran and the Ahadith.
In principle, the Ahadith cannot have any divine rights to represent Islam-proper.

With my problem-solving skills, the above is the basis on how I am focusing on the evil laden verses in the Quran that are inspiring evil prone Muslims [20% potential] to commit terrible evils and violence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2017, 06:43 AM
 
3,167 posts, read 1,039,481 times
Reputation: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
Start with my figures and explain why there is a clanger as you claimed. My figures [estimate] are acceptable, but somehow you 'clang' along the way.
No. It was your clanger in the first place. Go back and check; I am not going to do it for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
How do you know they are not religious?
Just read about them killing peaceful people, drinking alcohol, visiting prostitutes and abusing women in the streets and city centers. These are not the acts of religious people. Does the Qur'aan tell them to do so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
The fact is ALL humans are born with DNA that will drive them to be religious [soteriological and eschatological] and/or spiritual within the theistic or non-theistic framework. Therefore the majority will always gravitate towards any religion if they don't have a religion.
They will still carry on with their evil actions even if they become Jews.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
Take for example, communist Russia and China where religions were suppressed in the past. Now that the communist countries are more relaxed on their restrictions on religion, you will note that the atmosphere of religion is blooming. A good example is China. I foresee 50% of people of China will turn to Christianity within 30 years time and other religions in smaller percentage with Islam the least because of its potential evil and violence.
I foresee them becoming Muslims in about 400 years after becoming Christians.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
It is not politics alone that turn them into evil. The shooting of Malala and Boko Haram mission is not politics but education.
Definitely politics, link with the West to spread democracy and funds from the West to spread education. They wanted to stop the Western political influence in Pakistani Pathan heartland. They attacked school in Peshawar because those children were children of military personnel. Military was attacking them. This was a political decision to attack them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
The drawings of cartoons is not politics. Since Islam claims to be a Way-of-Life, any thing in life that do not please Islam is game for these evil prone Muslims who are inspired by the evil laden verse in the Quran to commit terrible evils and violence on non-Muslims.
Drawings of cartoons may not be political but reaction to it was definitely political rather than due to any verse in the Qur'aan. In fact the guidance from the Qur'aan for Muslims is different in that situation. What they did was an act done by zalimin. Do you know what is the guidance in the Qur'aan for Muslims in such a situation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
Frankly your views and thinking are very shallow.
You are talking in ignorance about such people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
If the 20% of evil prone Muslims [~300 million] were to turn to other religions, their active evil tendency will not change at all. Such an active evil tendency within them is inborn and some are reinforced during nurture.
That's right, they will carry on doing evil. In addition, the other 1500 million will stop doing good and start doing evil because they will see justice elements, the deterrent, being taken out of the Qur'aan. It will also make non-muslims to wage waron Muslims simply because they worship One God and not three or 360. Your idea will solve no problem but increase the problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
What I am emphasizing is there will be no LEADING evil elements in the texts of other religion to trigger them to commit evil and violence in the name of the religion or their founders.
What! Using your logic, Torah in their hands will cause World War III.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
I was hasty here as my mind is not fully on this since I am fighting for time to attend to other more critical projects.
Which other projects?
Does that mean that you would be concluding this one hastily?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
I am aware of the evil laden elements in the Torah as I has mentioned such in my various views.
Then you will have to combine Torah and the Qur'aan in one project/thesis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
Where there are Jews committing terrible evils and violence as inspired by the Torah, then they should be condemned. I am not giving excuses on this matter.
You are talking religion based violence. Why single out the Qur'aan and not the Torah as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
Some extreme-right Jews may yearn to quote their Torah to get their way, but in the case of Israel, this is limited by their secular constitution.
You believe their "secular" con trick? When their UN ambassador relied on the book in his hand to describe the right of Israel to build new settlements in Palestinian areas, he was not only relying on their religious book but effectively demanding ethnic cleansing from the whole of the Middle East between the wadi in Egypt to the Euphrates River deep in Iraq. You can't be blind to their religious claim to the land they are grabbing as "secular" nation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
The Palestinian problem is a very localized issue which is exploited more by the Muslims than the Jews.
Jews have their State; Palestinians are being denied by only the Israel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
Whatever the conditions, all evils and violence arising from evil laden element in holy texts that inspire evil prone believers must be condemned and dealt with.
Deal with Torah as well and not just the Qur'aan text.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
As for other main religions, their main drive is a pacifist maxim that override any elements of evil in their holy texts.
The Qur'aan is no different. It commands doing good and forbids doing evil. Zalimin (the evil doers) are condemned in the Qur'aan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
You are not getting it. I agree humanity must get rid of dirty politics, but this forum is not about politics and dirty politics.
It is about root causes of evil, which is in politics. United Nations is their to deal with political evils. UN has just condemned political evil of new settlements by the Jewish State. This has been the root cause of a lot of evil arising fromthe Middle East since 1948.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
Note the critical point here is SOME Muslims are quoting verses from the Quran and justify their evil deedes based on these verses which they claim are Allah's words.
They don't give the verses as the "reason" for their actions but "politics" and political actions against them. You ignore their given "reason" and focus only on verses that do not qualify their actions but assume so because those evil doers say so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
Other believers who happen to be evil do not quote [they have no evil laden verses to quote] verses from their holy texts to justify their evil deeds.
Then there are no evil laden verses in the Qur'aan that "other believers" can quote or use as reason for their evil action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
True.
But the moral point is there should not be any evil laden texts in any holy texts of any religion.
No religion can get this far if it had evil laden verses in its text.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
Among the main religion is only Islam [& Torah-Judaism] that has evil laden elements in their holy texts.
Any religion in which evil isn't even mentioned in its text is man-made man-created religion to fool the people with its flowery text. Reality isn't a bed of roses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
Who are you to judge they will go to Hell.
The Qur'aan is judging them so. They are identified as "Zalimin" in the Qur'aan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
The evil laden elements in the Quran are very obvious.
They were "obvious" to you even before you had read the Qur'aan. When I read the Qur'aan, I find no verse that command doing evil. To you even the word "evil" mentioned in the Qur'aan nearly 400 times are "evil elements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
I have a list of 3,400++ verses with evil laden elements of various degrees [minor to serious]. If you take it verse by verse you will not see the serious of it, but it is very dangerous when taken as a whole.
When the Qur'aan is read as a whole and understood as a whole without disregarding any single verse, there are no evil element commanded in the Qur'aan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
It is unfortunate that as a believer you will be an ostrich and deny anything that do not suit your views even it is the truth. That is what we call faith [belief not based on proofs and refined reason].
One believer believes in doing evil and the other believer does not believe in doing evil, you would be an ostrich to think that both are doing what they do because of the Qur'aan having evil elements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
Even on the basis of theory, you have not displayed you have a good theoretical framework of effective Problem-Solving Techniques.
Nonsense! I am a living proof that I have solved the problem of evil by sticking to the full guidance of the Qur'aan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
This is a joke. You don't understand how to use 'analogies.'
In the case of analogies, you don't change the analogy example given. If you disagree, you have to reject it and/or I will bring another analogy that is agreeable.

In my above analogy, it is assumed the cancer specialist has all the best knowledge and his diagnosis is confirm by 1000 others.
In case of the Qur'aan, it is not 1000 but millions confirm otherwise.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
You must not forget the Not Seeing the 500 Pound Gorilla Syndrome suffered by most believers and others.
The related subject to this is Attentive Blindness, Confirmation Bias, and the likes.
You see one gorilla and I see a much bigger one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
Don't insult me with the above!
Calm down; it was never an insult but a reminder for you to look at both sides of the coin. You are at the moment looking at only the one side of the coin. The Head is on the other side of the coin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
Note, I am not a Buddhist, but I adopt the "Boddhisattva Vow" [from Buddhism] to be a concerned-citizen of humanity and the Universe. It is something like you are alluding to a "Khalifahtan" re 2:30.
Being Khalifahtan will let you be free from bondage of rituals and the rat race. Humans were never created to be programmed robots but gods on earth working freely under the guidance of Allah. An evil person cannot be god or godly person on earth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
I don't have the capacity to deal with ALL evils in the World so I zoom in and specialize in Religion-Inspired evils and violence.
No religion inspires to do evil. It is when one fails to understand religion or go against the teachings that he goes astray and does evil act and becomes a zalim according to the Qur'aan.

[quote=Continuum;46798453]It is a fact supported with glaring evidences there are evils and violence committed by SOME believers who are evil prone.[/quopte]Read my last point. It is very important point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
I zoomed in further to find out that it is only Islam mainly [&Torah] that has evil laden verses in their holy text that will inspire SOME evil prone to commit terrible evils and violence [evidence is so glaring].
None of these are commanding to do evil but are trying to stop evil. You are zooming on bits here and there out of context. It is the full picture that counts.

[quote=Continuum;46798453]As for Islam, I noted the evil elements are from the Quran and the Ahadith.
In principle, the Ahadith cannot have any divine rights to represent Islam-proper.[/quopte]Wrong! Islam in the hands of today's clerics is mostly hadith books. They have gone as far as saying that it is the hadith books that explain the Qur'aan. Therefore, to the mainstream, it is hadith books that are the Qur'aan explained in. You have no choice but to begin from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
With my problem-solving skills, the above is the basis on how I am focusing on the evil laden verses in the Quran that are inspiring evil prone Muslims [20% potential] to commit terrible evils and violence.
This is definitely not going to solve the problem. Therefore, your problem solving skills are not skills but a cowboy work.

Every element you highlight as "evil element" will be rejected by the Qur'aan itself. And you will have no leg to stand on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top