U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-07-2017, 04:50 PM
 
Location: Logan Township, Minnesota
15,511 posts, read 13,320,105 times
Reputation: 7407

Advertisements

How does a person perform Islam?

That is/or can be quite difficult to explain.

The most direct and simplist answer is to do the 5 pillars of Islam to the best of your ability.

Shahadah: sincerely reciting the Muslim profession of faith.
Salat: performing ritual prayers in the proper way five times each day.
Zakat: paying an alms (or charity) tax to benefit the poor and the needy.
Sawm: fasting during the month of Ramadan.
Hajj: pilgrimage to Mecca.


anyone who does those 5 things is performing Islam. Notice the things that are not obligated

Reading and studying the Qur'an
Attending a Mosque
Paying for the construction of a Mosque
tithing
Joining an organization

In addition there are 6 beliefs most Muslims share in common. The first one being essential, without out that belief it is pointless to go through the motions of performing Islam nor would a person not holding that belief be a Muslim as without it they could not recite the Shadah with sincerity.

The 6 basic beliefs being:

Belief in Allah as the one and only God.
Belief in angels.
Belief in the holy books.
Belief in the Prophets... e.g. Adam, Ibrahim (Abraham), Musa (Moses), Dawud (David), Isa (Jesus). ...
Belief in the Day of Judgement... ...
Belief Allaah knows all things that have happened, are happening and will happen

How does one learn how to perform the 5 Pillars of Islam (aka The 5 articles of Faith)

Through Family and or Friends
Through people at a Mosque
Through observation of Muslims
Through self study
Through formal training by an Islamic Instructor

NOTICE THAT IT IS NOT REQUIRED TO READ THE QUR'AN TO LEARN HOW TO PERFORM ISLAM

The longer a person performs Islam the more things they desire to do, such as:

Become Hafiz (A person who, from memory, can recite the Qur'an fully with proper pronunciation of each letter)

Engage in Islamic Studies

Study the Tafsir of recognized scholars

Study the Ahadith

Study Islamic Jurisprudence

Study Islamic History

Engage in Qur'anic Studies

Study Islamic traditions

and many more is we have the desire and abilities to do so.

It only takes a matter of seconds to become a Muslim, but an entire lifetime to be a Muslim.
__________________
When posting as a MOD my posts will be in red

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks


MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-07-2017, 05:09 PM
 
4,432 posts, read 1,660,458 times
Reputation: 1546
Islam has two basic portions.

First, establishing a connection with Allah through worship in the ways of prophet (saw), as mentioned by Woodrow.

Second, establishing a connection with people in the ways of the prophet (saw)
And I guess this is the most difficult part. And the hardest among this part is the control over one's tongue.

A - Abstaining from lies, backbiting, hurtful speech.
Speaking the truth, speaking softly with giving respect to others and speaking less.
These are perhaps the toughest challenges. And we can try our best to copy the way our prophet (saw) laid examples for us.

B - is patience. This is one of the greatest lessons from the life of our prophet (saw) - practicing patience and forgiving those who have done injustice to you even if you have a command and power over them.

C - is, people must safe from the hand of a Muslim. There should not be any unjustified action from a Muslim that hurt others.

D - Taking care of your parents with immense respect.

Unfortunately there is A LOT of stress on the first portion of Islam during the sermons of our imams.
Hardly anyone puts any emphasis on the second portion of Islam.

Last edited by GoCardinals; 01-07-2017 at 05:21 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2017, 05:48 PM
 
Location: Logan Township, Minnesota
15,511 posts, read 13,320,105 times
Reputation: 7407
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
Islam has two basic portions.

First, establishing a connection with Allah through worship in the ways of prophet (saw), as mentioned by Woodrow.

Second, establishing a connection with people in the ways of the prophet (saw)
And I guess this is the most difficult part. And the hardest among this part is the control over one's tongue.

A - Abstaining from lies, backbiting, hurtful speech.
Speaking the truth, speaking softly with giving respect to others and speaking less.
These are perhaps the toughest challenges. And we can try our best to copy the way our prophet (saw) laid examples for us.

B - is patience. This is one of the greatest lessons from the life of our prophet (saw) - practicing patience and forgiving those who have done injustice to you even if you have a command and power over them.

C - is, people must safe from the hand of a Muslim. There should not be any unjustified action from a Muslim that hurt others.

D - Taking care of your parents with immense respect.

Unfortunately there is A LOT of stress on the first portion of Islam during the sermons of our imams.
Hardly anyone puts any emphasis on the second portion of Islam.
Thank you for adding the second part.
__________________
When posting as a MOD my posts will be in red

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks


MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2017, 07:08 PM
 
Location: Not-a-Theist
3,440 posts, read 1,592,701 times
Reputation: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
How does a person perform Islam?

That is/or can be quite difficult to explain.

The most direct and simplist answer is to do the 5 pillars of Islam to the best of your ability.

Shahadah: sincerely reciting the Muslim profession of faith.
Salat: performing ritual prayers in the proper way five times each day.
Zakat: paying an alms (or charity) tax to benefit the poor and the needy.
Sawm: fasting during the month of Ramadan.
Hajj: pilgrimage to Mecca.
anyone who does those 5 things is performing Islam. Notice the things that are not obligated

Reading and studying the Qur'an
Attending a Mosque
Paying for the construction of a Mosque
tithing
Joining an organization

In addition there are 6 beliefs most Muslims share in common. The first one being essential, without out that belief it is pointless to go through the motions of performing Islam nor would a person not holding that belief be a Muslim as without it they could not recite the Shadah with sincerity.

The 6 basic beliefs being:

Belief in Allah as the one and only God.
Belief in angels.
Belief in the holy books.
Belief in the Prophets... e.g. Adam, Ibrahim (Abraham), Musa (Moses), Dawud (David), Isa (Jesus). ...
Belief in the Day of Judgement... ...
Belief Allaah knows all things that have happened, are happening and will happen

How does one learn how to perform the 5 Pillars of Islam (aka The 5 articles of Faith)

Through Family and or Friends
Through people at a Mosque
Through observation of Muslims
Through self study
Through formal training by an Islamic Instructor

NOTICE THAT IT IS NOT REQUIRED TO READ THE QUR'AN TO LEARN HOW TO PERFORM ISLAM
The longer a person performs Islam the more things they desire to do, such as:
Become Hafiz (A person who, from memory, can recite the Qur'an fully with proper pronunciation of each letter)
Engage in Islamic Studies
Study the Tafsir of recognized scholars
Study the Ahadith
Study Islamic Jurisprudence
Study Islamic History
Engage in Qur'anic Studies
Study Islamic traditions
and many more is we have the desire and abilities to do so.

It only takes a matter of seconds to become a Muslim, but an entire lifetime to be a Muslim.
I don't agree the above is the efficient method to study, understand and perform Islam 100% as Allah intended.
In the above one merely jumped into details without grasping the basic mechanic and principle to account for 'what is Islam?' How do one know one is doing right unless the Quran [Allah's sole words] is understood completely. There is no guarantee the scholars-of-old can be 100% right and corrupting the intent of Allah.

What is Allah's intent of "What is Islam" to be learned, understood and performed [practiced] in a 100% package is within the MESSAGE delivered via messenger[s] in the Quran-ONLY and no where else.

THE MESSAGE of Allah within the Quran is 100% represented by the following;
1. 320,015 letters, [per Ibn Katheer]
2. 77,934 words
3. appx. 18,700 sentences [say 6,236 x average 3]
4. 6,236 verses
5. 114 Chapters
6. 1 Book
Note: Above 1, 2 and 4 are 95% accurate depending some nuances on how they are counted.
The number of sentences is highly estimated.
The point is 100% of Allah's MESSAGE which represent 'What is Islam' is contained within 1 to 6 above and no where else. This can only be the 100% starting point and no where else.
5:3. [O ye Muslims] ... ... This day have I [Allah] Perfected your religion [deenakum] for you [Muslims] and completed My favour unto you [Muslims], and have chosen for you [Muslims] as religion [deenan] AL-ISLAM. [al-islama deenan] Whoso is forced by hunger, not by will, to sin: (for him) lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
Anything outside 1 to 6 is pseudo-Islam and it is not Allah's Islam as in 5:3.

The term how to "Perform" Islam is very misleading and this perspective is not the most critical element in Islam.
What is most critical with Islam and as per Allah intent within 1-6 above is in PRINCIPLE [not in practice] 'one must be a 100% Muslim' to ya'budu Allah only [51:56].
What is a 100% Muslim and how to be a 100% Muslim is completely and fully detailed within the Quran [elements 1 -6 above]. A Muslim must have 100% trust on this message [5:3].

Therefore, in PRINCIPLE, for any one to meet Allah's expectation 100% as a Muslim, the person must comply 100% with whatever is within the Quran-Only [100%] and no where else. There is no other ways about it as with this PRINCIPLE as conveyed in the MESSAGE.
This PRINCIPLE cannot be compromised principle wise.

However in the Quran [Message] Allah recognized human nature.
4:28. Allah would make the burden light for you [Muslims], for man was created weak.
Thus to adapt to the person's capability, Allah state the following;
2:286. [Part] Allah tasketh not a soul beyond its scope. For it (is only) that which it hath earned, and against it (only) that which it hath deserved. ..
The result is each Muslim's achievements as a "Muslim per Allah's Message" will be in different degrees, rank and grades.
46:19. And for ALL [jinn & mankind] there will be ranks [grades and degrees of achievement] from what they do, that He may pay [recompense, repay, compensate] them [jinn & mankind] for their deeds! and they will not be wronged [fairly judged].
The most critical matter here is how can a Muslim be the best Muslim he possibly can.
The only way is to understand and comply with as much as possible what is supposed to be Islam completely within the Quran [elements 1 to 6] and no where else. Any other source can only be pseudo-Islam

One real constraint is how to understand the Quran completely [100%] so that one can comply with the terms therein as much as possible.
The Quran [320,015 letters, 77,934 words, appx. 18,700 sentences & 6,236 verses] as it is presented is in a very big mess within 114 uncoordinated chapters with no head-to-tail theme.

Therefore to be a true Muslim [to the best of one ability] there must be an effort to understand the Quran [100%] in an efficient thematic form to facilitate compliance [as best as possible].

If one do not start with understanding 100% of the Quran-Only, one will not even know if one has gone astray as there is no 'compass' for one to check. This is what is likely to happen with the proposals in the OP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-08-2017, 12:42 AM
 
2,050 posts, read 666,260 times
Reputation: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
How does a person perform Islam?

That is/or can be quite difficult to explain.

The most direct and simplist answer is to do the 5 pillars of Islam to the best of your ability.

Shahadah: sincerely reciting the Muslim profession of faith.
Salat: performing ritual prayers in the proper way five times each day.
Zakat: paying an alms (or charity) tax to benefit the poor and the needy.
Sawm: fasting during the month of Ramadan.
Hajj: pilgrimage to Mecca.


anyone who does those 5 things is performing Islam. Notice the things that are not obligated

Reading and studying the Qur'an
Attending a Mosque
Paying for the construction of a Mosque
tithing
Joining an organization

In addition there are 6 beliefs most Muslims share in common. The first one being essential, without out that belief it is pointless to go through the motions of performing Islam nor would a person not holding that belief be a Muslim as without it they could not recite the Shadah with sincerity.

The 6 basic beliefs being:

Belief in Allah as the one and only God.
Belief in angels.
Belief in the holy books.
Belief in the Prophets... e.g. Adam, Ibrahim (Abraham), Musa (Moses), Dawud (David), Isa (Jesus). ...
Belief in the Day of Judgement... ...
Belief Allaah knows all things that have happened, are happening and will happen

How does one learn how to perform the 5 Pillars of Islam (aka The 5 articles of Faith)

Through Family and or Friends
Through people at a Mosque
Through observation of Muslims
Through self study
Through formal training by an Islamic Instructor

NOTICE THAT IT IS NOT REQUIRED TO READ THE QUR'AN TO LEARN HOW TO PERFORM ISLAM

The longer a person performs Islam the more things they desire to do, such as:

Become Hafiz (A person who, from memory, can recite the Qur'an fully with proper pronunciation of each letter)

Engage in Islamic Studies

Study the Tafsir of recognized scholars

Study the Ahadith

Study Islamic Jurisprudence

Study Islamic History

Engage in Qur'anic Studies

Study Islamic traditions

and many more is we have the desire and abilities to do so.

It only takes a matter of seconds to become a Muslim, but an entire lifetime to be a Muslim.
I believe in God
But I do not believe in Muhammad
Is my testimony is acceptable
2-
Prayer Do you mean insulting and cursing others
You are in your prayers as a Muslim says
Is not wrath, and who astray من غير المغضوب عليهم ولا الضالين
3-
But detest impure انما المشركون نجس
Do you think that this verse lead to raising the benefit humans
Each polytheists impure
Do you think that this verse, a reluctance to your prayers invites you to Assurance procedure
4-Pray to your Lord and sacrifice that Hanik is an amputeeصلي الى ربك وانحر ان شائنك هو الابتر
Are these the words of God
They responded insults
In the same style
The meaning of the word sacrifice وانحر
5-Visit Kaaba
Do you think that kiss the Black Stone forgive sins
Why Mohammed did not reject the traditions of the Arabs before Islam, including the circumambulation around the Kaaba and kiss the Black Stone
6-But the identification of the Koran Here is a big problem
Do you publish states fighting and beheadings
7-Or publishes states of discrimination between men and women
And that women are like feces and prevent ablution ان كنتم على غائط او لامستم النساء
8-Or you want to publish the actions of Muhammad with his wives and the story of his betrayal Aisha
And the marriage of the wife of slain Mohammed
9-God in Islam is the enemy of human beings
Do you think that God created man in order to be his enemy ترهبون به عدو الله وعدوكم
Terrorism, the enemy of Allah and your enemy
Fighting Allah and His Messenger
لذين يحاربون الله ورسوله 10-
10-Is it a contradiction of Islam published in the verses
And that God forgetsا وما ننسخ من اية او ننسها
11-And the abolition of freedom of thought
12-And do not ask questions about things
A lot
It will publish the fact of Islam as it is
Or just published which side you want to be put, which is not a fact
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-08-2017, 02:50 AM
 
3,168 posts, read 1,046,413 times
Reputation: 289
A very simple way of performing Islam is to obey Allah. When one obeys Allah, one is performing Islam.

Islam is all about obeying Allah. This is how one is either a Muslim or not a Muslim.

When Abraham obeyed Allah, he became a Muslim. Obeying the Messenger is the same as obeying Allah because the message that is delivered by the Messenger is not from the Messenger himself but from Allah.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-08-2017, 09:19 AM
 
Location: Logan Township, Minnesota
15,511 posts, read 13,320,105 times
Reputation: 7407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
I don't agree the above is the efficient method to study, understand and perform Islam 100% as Allah intended.
In the above one merely jumped into details without grasping the basic mechanic and principle to account for 'what is Islam?' How do one know one is doing right unless the Quran [Allah's sole words] is understood completely. There is no guarantee the scholars-of-old can be 100% right and corrupting the intent of Allah.

What is Allah's intent of "What is Islam" to be learned, understood and performed [practiced] in a 100% package is within the MESSAGE delivered via messenger[s] in the Quran-ONLY and no where else.

THE MESSAGE of Allah within the Quran is 100% represented by the following;
1. 320,015 letters, [per Ibn Katheer]
2. 77,934 words
3. appx. 18,700 sentences [say 6,236 x average 3]
4. 6,236 verses
5. 114 Chapters
6. 1 Book
Note: Above 1, 2 and 4 are 95% accurate depending some nuances on how they are counted.
The number of sentences is highly estimated.
The point is 100% of Allah's MESSAGE which represent 'What is Islam' is contained within 1 to 6 above and no where else. This can only be the 100% starting point and no where else.
5:3. [O ye Muslims] ... ... This day have I [Allah] Perfected your religion [deenakum] for you [Muslims] and completed My favour unto you [Muslims], and have chosen for you [Muslims] as religion [deenan] AL-ISLAM. [al-islama deenan] Whoso is forced by hunger, not by will, to sin: (for him) lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
Anything outside 1 to 6 is pseudo-Islam and it is not Allah's Islam as in 5:3.

The term how to "Perform" Islam is very misleading and this perspective is not the most critical element in Islam.
What is most critical with Islam and as per Allah intent within 1-6 above is in PRINCIPLE [not in practice] 'one must be a 100% Muslim' to ya'budu Allah only [51:56].
What is a 100% Muslim and how to be a 100% Muslim is completely and fully detailed within the Quran [elements 1 -6 above]. A Muslim must have 100% trust on this message [5:3].

Therefore, in PRINCIPLE, for any one to meet Allah's expectation 100% as a Muslim, the person must comply 100% with whatever is within the Quran-Only [100%] and no where else. There is no other ways about it as with this PRINCIPLE as conveyed in the MESSAGE.
This PRINCIPLE cannot be compromised principle wise.

However in the Quran [Message] Allah recognized human nature.
4:28. Allah would make the burden light for you [Muslims], for man was created weak.
Thus to adapt to the person's capability, Allah state the following;
2:286. [Part] Allah tasketh not a soul beyond its scope. For it (is only) that which it hath earned, and against it (only) that which it hath deserved. ..
The result is each Muslim's achievements as a "Muslim per Allah's Message" will be in different degrees, rank and grades.
46:19. And for ALL [jinn & mankind] there will be ranks [grades and degrees of achievement] from what they do, that He may pay [recompense, repay, compensate] them [jinn & mankind] for their deeds! and they will not be wronged [fairly judged].
The most critical matter here is how can a Muslim be the best Muslim he possibly can.
The only way is to understand and comply with as much as possible what is supposed to be Islam completely within the Quran [elements 1 to 6] and no where else. Any other source can only be pseudo-Islam

One real constraint is how to understand the Quran completely [100%] so that one can comply with the terms therein as much as possible.
The Quran [320,015 letters, 77,934 words, appx. 18,700 sentences & 6,236 verses] as it is presented is in a very big mess within 114 uncoordinated chapters with no head-to-tail theme.

Therefore to be a true Muslim [to the best of one ability] there must be an effort to understand the Quran [100%] in an efficient thematic form to facilitate compliance [as best as possible].

If one do not start with understanding 100% of the Quran-Only, one will not even know if one has gone astray as there is no 'compass' for one to check. This is what is likely to happen with the proposals in the OP.
I appreciate the effort you have put into your reply. It is always a pleasure to deal with intelligence even if there is disagreement.

I have addressed each of your comments.

Quote:
I don't agree the above is the efficient method to study, understand and perform Islam 100% as Allah intended.
to account for 'what is Islam?' How do one know one is doing right unless the Quran [Allah's sole words] is understood completely. There is no guarantee the scholars-of-old can be 100% right and corrupting the intent of Allah.

What is Allah's intent of "What is Islam" to be learned, understood and performed [practiced] in a 100% package is within the MESSAGE delivered via messenger[s] in the Quran-ONLY and no where else.
I understand you will disagree with me. Perhaps you believe the Qur'an was sent to teach Islam?

The Qur'an is the reasons for Islam, not the method of how.




Quote:
THE MESSAGE of Allah within the Quran is 100% represented by the following;
1. 320,015 letters, [per Ibn Katheer]
2. 77,934 words
3. appx. 18,700 sentences [say 6,236 x average 3]
4. 6,236 verses
5. 114 Chapters
6. 1 Book
Note: Above 1, 2 and 4 are 95% accurate depending some nuances on how they are counted.
The number of sentences is highly estimated.
The point is 100% of Allah's MESSAGE which represent 'What is Islam' is contained within 1 to 6 above and no where else. This can only be the 100% starting point and no where else.
5:3. [O ye Muslims] ... ... This day have I [Allah] Perfected your religion [deenakum] for you [Muslims] and completed My favour unto you [Muslims], and have chosen for you [Muslims] as religion [deenan] AL-ISLAM. [al-islama deenan] Whoso is forced by hunger, not by will, to sin: (for him) lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
The concept of having perfected Islam, does not mean it is contained in the Qur'an. We are also required to follow the word's of Muhammad(saws) who is the teacher on how to perform Islam

The "Message of the Qur'an" is very simple. "There is only one God(swt) who has no equals, partners nor progeny. Only He is to be worshiped" The Qur'an reiterates that many times and gives example of what happens to those who fail to do so and examples what can be gained by doing so. It also tells of the trials Muslims will face and how to overcome them. It is also a guide as to how we can live life in the most productive manner.

Quote:
Anything outside 1 to 6 is pseudo-Islam and it is not Allah's Islam as in 5:3.

The term how to "Perform" Islam is very misleading and this perspective is not the most critical element in Islam.
What is most critical with Islam and as per Allah intent within 1-6 above is in PRINCIPLE [not in practice] 'one must be a 100% Muslim' to ya'budu Allah only [51:56].
What is a 100% Muslim and how to be a 100% Muslim is completely and fully detailed within the Quran [elements 1 -6 above]. A Muslim must have 100% trust on this message [5:3].

Therefore, in PRINCIPLE, for any one to meet Allah's expectation 100% as a Muslim, the person must comply 100% with whatever is within the Quran-Only [100%] and no where else. There is no other ways about it as with this PRINCIPLE as conveyed in the MESSAGE.
This PRINCIPLE cannot be compromised principle wise.

However in the Quran [Message] Allah recognized human nature.
4:28. Allah would make the burden light for you [Muslims], for man was created weak.
While compliance with the Qur'an is an essential requirement of Islam, that in itself is not the performance of Islam.

Quote:
Thus to adapt to the person's capability, Allah state the following;
2:286. [Part] Allah tasketh not a soul beyond its scope. For it (is only) that which it hath earned, and against it (only) that which it hath deserved. ..
A reminder that we will not be judged for that which is beyond out control


Quote:
The result is each Muslim's achievements as a "Muslim per Allah's Message" will be in different degrees, rank and grades.
46:19. And for ALL [jinn & mankind] there will be ranks [grades and degrees of achievement] from what they do, that He may pay [recompense, repay, compensate] them [jinn & mankind] for their deeds! and they will not be wronged [fairly judged].
I agree that is a bit difficult to understand. But it does not mean that all Muslims are not equal, it means we will be rewarded and punished in accordance to our deeds. One is either Muslim or not Muslim no levels of Muslimness implied

Quote:
The most critical matter here is how can a Muslim be the best Muslim he possibly can.
The only way is to understand and comply with as much as possible what is supposed to be Islam completely within the Quran [elements 1 to 6] and no where else. Any other source can only be pseudo-Islam
Wrong. In order to know how to perform Islam, one must know what Muhammad(saws) taught.

Quote:
One real constraint is how to understand the Quran completely [100%] so that one can comply with the terms therein as much as possible.
The Quran [320,015 letters, 77,934 words, appx. 18,700 sentences & 6,236 verses] as it is presented is in a very big mess within 114 uncoordinated chapters with no head-to-tail theme.
One can be the most knowledgeable Qur'an Scholar and never know how to be a Muslim. There probably have been and continue to be non-Muslims better versed in the Qur'an than most Muslim and they have no concept on how to perform Islam

Quote:
Therefore to be a true Muslim [to the best of one ability] there must be an effort to understand the Quran [100%] in an efficient thematic form to facilitate compliance [as best as possible].
If one do not start with understanding 100% of the Quran-Only, one will not even know if one has gone astray as there is no 'compass' for one to check. This is what is likely to happen with the proposals in the OP.
This is the purpose for Sharia. It behooves an individual to follow the instructions of the 4 madhabs (Sharia) until one has sufficient knowledge to make an informed choice on their own.

A novice chef follows the advice of a Master chef until he achieves the ability to create acceptable cuisine on his own
__________________
When posting as a MOD my posts will be in red

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks


MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-08-2017, 05:58 PM
 
2,050 posts, read 666,260 times
Reputation: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalif View Post
A very simple way of performing Islam is to obey Allah. When one obeys Allah, one is performing Islam.

Islam is all about obeying Allah. This is how one is either a Muslim or not a Muslim.

When Abraham obeyed Allah, he became a Muslim. Obeying the Messenger is the same as obeying Allah because the message that is delivered by the Messenger is not from the Messenger himself but from Allah.
In obedience to God be positive and not negative
When God tells you to Kill
Here obedience negative
Because God does not order the killings
When God tells you the law of the captives and that women have of captives
Here obedience negative
Because God does not accept the concept of war captives

When God says that the spoils are yours
These negative obedience
Because God refuses booty
Because they steal money and assaulted
And when you kill a man and his wife to marry it war booty
These negative obedience
You know that Mohammed was killed Jewish and married his wife
Is obedience to God accept these negative
So Muhammad and Islam do not know obedience to God
Only pleasing to the worldly desires
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-08-2017, 06:18 PM
 
2,050 posts, read 666,260 times
Reputation: 204
to -Woodrow LI
This talk Muslim thinker

Do you want to destroy a democratic country also
-----------
The term governance, to express the principle of the sovereignty of God, and imposed from having the rule of Islamic law, as Mawdudi sees «the governorship in Islam purely for Allah alone, the Quran explains monotheism explanation shows that Allah alone is not a partner, not a religious sense, but in the political sense and legal as well ... the point of view of the Islamic faith says: the right Almighty alone is the ruling itself and its origin, though the rule elsewhere talented and granted, though human no luck to him of governance at all ... and succession rights of God in the land does not give the right for Khalifa at work indicating its whims and required by the will of the person, because his work and mission of implementing the will of the owner and his desire .. it is not for any individual atom of government authorities ... and any person or group claiming to himself or others gubernatorial whole or in part under this central cosmic order, which contrive all the relevant authorities and one is no doubt in reckless lie and slander .. God is not just the creator of all, but it is also the governor of the order, and he has created the universe did not blowing anyone the right to implement the rule them.
As seen Mawdudi «Islam is contradictory to oppose kingdoms based on contradictory principles of Islam, and wanted to stop them, and feel free to use military force to it, he does not want this campaign to hate from the exclusion of the idea to leave the faith and belief in the principles of Islam, but he wants to clinch reins matter who believe in the principles and systems of false, even restored it to a campaign banner right, and therefore Islam has no -mn this Alugeh- Dar limited geographical boundaries upholds and defends it, but have the principles and assets, dissolve it, and desperately in its defense, until persecution is no more, and be the whole religion of God. »
«God's kingdom on earth ... do not do it, but remove the regimes and governments that are based on the gubernatorial humans, and destroy the ruling political regimes or coerced even pay tribute and declare its surrender and the vacuum between the audiences and this doctrine, espoused or not fully embraced her freedom
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-08-2017, 07:58 PM
 
Location: Logan Township, Minnesota
15,511 posts, read 13,320,105 times
Reputation: 7407
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahasn sawresho View Post
to -Woodrow LI
This talk Muslim thinker

Do you want to destroy a democratic country also
-----------
The term governance, to express the principle of the sovereignty of God, and imposed from having the rule of Islamic law, as Mawdudi sees «the governorship in Islam purely for Allah alone, the Quran explains monotheism explanation shows that Allah alone is not a partner, not a religious sense, but in the political sense and legal as well ... the point of view of the Islamic faith says: the right Almighty alone is the ruling itself and its origin, though the rule elsewhere talented and granted, though human no luck to him of governance at all ... and succession rights of God in the land does not give the right for Khalifa at work indicating its whims and required by the will of the person, because his work and mission of implementing the will of the owner and his desire .. it is not for any individual atom of government authorities ... and any person or group claiming to himself or others gubernatorial whole or in part under this central cosmic order, which contrive all the relevant authorities and one is no doubt in reckless lie and slander .. God is not just the creator of all, but it is also the governor of the order, and he has created the universe did not blowing anyone the right to implement the rule them.
As seen Mawdudi «Islam is contradictory to oppose kingdoms based on contradictory principles of Islam, and wanted to stop them, and feel free to use military force to it, he does not want this campaign to hate from the exclusion of the idea to leave the faith and belief in the principles of Islam, but he wants to clinch reins matter who believe in the principles and systems of false, even restored it to a campaign banner right, and therefore Islam has no -mn this Alugeh- Dar limited geographical boundaries upholds and defends it, but have the principles and assets, dissolve it, and desperately in its defense, until persecution is no more, and be the whole religion of God. »
«God's kingdom on earth ... do not do it, but remove the regimes and governments that are based on the gubernatorial humans, and destroy the ruling political regimes or coerced even pay tribute and declare its surrender and the vacuum between the audiences and this doctrine, espoused or not fully embraced her freedom
I have found no hindrance of performing Islam where I live.

There is no real conflict between Islam and democracy. Democracy is rule by the majority. If a Democracy was composed of Majority Muslims the Democracy would require for it to be an Islamic Nation.
__________________
When posting as a MOD my posts will be in red

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks


MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top