U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-07-2017, 01:54 AM
 
3,166 posts, read 1,036,278 times
Reputation: 289

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahasn sawresho View Post
My friend, I do not speak about Christianity because the rules of the forum do not allow that and you know it well
If you want dialogue in the Christian faith, I hope to be somewhere else
But the idea of God is one
Yes, it is an idea that you have formed with Abraham
Islam has offered nothing new in this context
Islam offers submitting to One God; not to three gods or any man. Three gods is a pagan idea. It was born in Tower of Babel. And you know well where it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-07-2017, 02:12 AM
 
3,166 posts, read 1,036,278 times
Reputation: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahasn sawresho View Post
I believe that Islam does not say only God
Islam is an action of submitting to God. It does not "say" anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahasn sawresho View Post
But he says faith in Muhammad is the Messenger of God
Who is "he"?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahasn sawresho View Post
Because faith in Islam means faith in one God
"faith in Islam"? What is that?

There are 6 elements in Faith. Faith in God is only One element.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahasn sawresho View Post
And Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah
That's right; Muhammad is not one of the three gods but a messenger of God.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahasn sawresho View Post
If you do not believe that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
Faith is not acceptable
That's why your Faith is not acceptable; you do not believe that Muhammad is messenger of God.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahasn sawresho View Post
That is why we are different
I believe that God is one
I do not believe in Muhammad, the Messenger of Allah
Do you accept my faith?
Wrong question!

You need to think if your faith without accepting Muhammad as messenger of God is acceptable to God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2017, 09:23 AM
 
4,409 posts, read 1,639,451 times
Reputation: 1528
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahasn sawresho View Post
My friend, I do not speak about Christianity because the rules of the forum do not allow that and you know it well
If you want dialogue in the Christian faith, I hope to be somewhere else
But the idea of God is one
Yes, it is an idea that you have formed with Abraham
Islam has offered nothing new in this context
I believe that through discussion you can discover the truth
That is the goal of dialogue
Because we are in a forum for dialogue and we are not in a missionary forum
The free forum has different views
I think that's why I'm here
The message of God has always been the same. Monotheism. Worship ONE God.
Now, in that context, when you say Islam offers nothing new, then I agree with you.

Again, what's the problem with that?
What is it that you want us to do about monotheism?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2017, 12:49 PM
 
3,166 posts, read 1,036,278 times
Reputation: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahasn sawresho View Post
Those who follow the development of religions know that the idea of one God is derived from Abraham
Then came Judaism which proclaimed the attributes of that God
He who reads the Torah knows very well that God is one
This is why Islam did not offer anything new
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
I am not sure what's your problem in this post.

You said, Islam got the idea of monotheism from Judaism. And hence Islam offers nothing new.

OK, so you wanted something new? If yes, then you already got something new in Christianity where God is one in three, and three in one.

What's your problem now?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahasn sawresho View Post
My friend, I do not speak about Christianity because the rules of the forum do not allow that and you know it well
If you want dialogue in the Christian faith, I hope to be somewhere else
But the idea of God is one
Yes, it is an idea that you have formed with Abraham
Islam has offered nothing new in this context
I believe that through discussion you can discover the truth
That is the goal of dialogue
Because we are in a forum for dialogue and we are not in a missionary forum
The free forum has different views
I think that's why I'm here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
The message of God has always been the same. Monotheism. Worship ONE God.
Now, in that context, when you say Islam offers nothing new, then I agree with you.

Again, what's the problem with that?
What is it that you want us to do about monotheism?
Interesting dialogue!

I think he is not comfortable with the monotheism so he wants to blame Islam for his problem which is not clear to himself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2017, 11:02 PM
 
2,050 posts, read 660,682 times
Reputation: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalif View Post
Islam offers submitting to One God; not to three gods or any man. Three gods is a pagan idea. It was born in Tower of Babel. And you know well where it is.
Abraham came out of Ur of the Chaldeans
Abraham announced the idea of one God
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2017, 11:11 PM
 
2,050 posts, read 660,682 times
Reputation: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalif View Post
Islam is an action of submitting to God. It does not "say" anything.
Who is "he"?
"faith in Islam"? What is that?

There are 6 elements in Faith. Faith in God is only One element.

That's right; Muhammad is not one of the three gods but a messenger of God.
That's why your Faith is not acceptable; you do not believe that Muhammad is messenger of God.
Wrong question!

You need to think if your faith without accepting Muhammad as messenger of God is acceptable to God.
So the faith in the one God without the faith in Muhammad is a false faith
What do you call this dualism in faith
If I say that God is one
My faith is not enough
I must believe in Muhammad
So what is unity?
I believe that God did not give birth and was not born
But I do not believe in Muhammad. Do you think I'm going to heaven or hell?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-08-2017, 02:19 AM
 
3,166 posts, read 1,036,278 times
Reputation: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahasn sawresho View Post
Abraham came out of Ur of the Chaldeans
Abraham announced the idea of one God
Abraham came out of Ur of Chaldeans because God told him to do so. Before Abraham, Noah had told his people to serve God.

[23.23] And certainly We sent Noah to his people, and he said: O my people! Serve God, you have no god other than Him; will you not then be conscious (of God)?

[7.59] Certainly We sent Noah to his people, so he said: O my people! Serve God, you have no god other than Him; surely I fear for you the chastisement of a grievous day.

Why are you ignoring these verses?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-08-2017, 02:44 AM
 
3,166 posts, read 1,036,278 times
Reputation: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahasn sawresho View Post
So the faith in the one God without the faith in Muhammad is a false faith
Did God tell you to have faith in God? If not, how come you have faith in One God?

In Islam, it is faith in the messenger who delivers the message from God. If you have no faith in the messenger, you have no faith in God.

We do not have faith in messenger as God but we have faith in messenger as a messenger. Understand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahasn sawresho View Post
What do you call this dualism in faith
You are stuck in your own thinking of dualism and Trinitarianism. Don't bring it here in Islam forum. In Islam, Muhammad is not God but a messenger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahasn sawresho View Post
If I say that God is one
My faith is not enough
I must believe in Muhammad
So what is unity?
God is One and not two or three. Muhammad is not God but a messenger of God. Did you understand that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahasn sawresho View Post
I believe that God did not give birth and was not born
But I do not believe in Muhammad. Do you think I'm going to heaven or hell?
You do not have to believe Muhammad but if you reject messenger of God and the message from God that he delivered, you reject God who sent that messenger with His message.

As you have not seen God, your faith in God is false and hypocrisy if you do not believe any of the messengers of God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-09-2017, 09:34 PM
 
4,409 posts, read 1,639,451 times
Reputation: 1528
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahasn sawresho View Post
Abraham came out of Ur of the Chaldeans
Abraham announced the idea of one God
OK, so you should go after Moses and Jews who carried over the idea of ONE God from Abraham. What are you doing here? We come later in the line.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-10-2017, 01:22 AM
 
2,050 posts, read 660,682 times
Reputation: 204
I sent a clear question
If you believe that God is one and that He has not given birth, He has not been born
Do you accept my faith?
Why do not you accept it?

I think the forum is for dialogue
You have to accept dialogue
If you have the argument and evidence
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top