U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2017, 08:39 AM

10,531 posts, read 15,586,917 times

Advertisements

Someone asked if marriage between cousins is allowed in Islam. Not sure why topic was closed as non-Islamic as, according to very Islamic Law of Sharia, marriage between cousins is permitted.

Prohibited marriage partners

• Marriage between people of the same sex
  • Marriage between a man and his sister, half-sister, foster sister, mother, stepmother, foster mother, wife's mother, aunt, grandmother, great aunt, great-grandmother, etc.
  • Marriage between a woman and her father, stepfather, husband's biological father, uncle, grandfather, great uncle, great-grandfather, etc.
  • Marriage of a man with women who are sisters or stepsisters or foster sisters of each other (except if marrying one who was separated from her husband by divorce or death)
Note: Marriage between cousins is not prohibited.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marria...hibit_marriage

Law of Sharia used to be the absolute base for various aspects of Muslim life and is law based in Q'Uran. It had many changes done to it over the ages and now is greatly debated, as usual, whose Sharia is more right.

Sharia, Sharia law, or Islamic law (Arabic: شريعة‎‎ (IPA: [ʃaˈriːʕa])) is the religious law forming part of the Islamic tradition.[1] It is derived from the religious precepts of Islam, particularly the Quran and the Hadith. In Arabic, the term sharīʿah refers to God's divine law and is contrasted with fiqh, which refers to its scholarly interpretations.[2][3][4] The manner of its application in modern times has been a subject of dispute between Muslim traditionalists and reformists.[1]

Old 04-23-2017, 09:27 AM

1,666 posts, read 769,305 times
Don't know what the argument is here or what you're digging for. Marrying a cousin in Islam is allowed. It is also permitted in other religions. Local cultures and social stigma will determine if it is practiced or not.

Old 04-23-2017, 01:06 PM

4,415 posts, read 1,642,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Someone asked if marriage between cousins is allowed in Islam. Not sure why topic was closed as non-Islamic as, according to very Islamic Law of Sharia, marriage between cousins is permitted.

Prohibited marriage partners

• Marriage between people of the same sex
  • Marriage between a man and his sister, half-sister, foster sister, mother, stepmother, foster mother, wife's mother, aunt, grandmother, great aunt, great-grandmother, etc.
  • Marriage between a woman and her father, stepfather, husband's biological father, uncle, grandfather, great uncle, great-grandfather, etc.
  • Marriage of a man with women who are sisters or stepsisters or foster sisters of each other (except if marrying one who was separated from her husband by divorce or death)
Note: Marriage between cousins is not prohibited.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marria...hibit_marriage

Law of Sharia used to be the absolute base for various aspects of Muslim life and is law based in Q'Uran. It had many changes done to it over the ages and now is greatly debated, as usual, whose Sharia is more right.

Sharia, Sharia law, or Islamic law (Arabic: شريعة‎‎ (IPA: [ʃaˈriːʕa])) is the religious law forming part of the Islamic tradition.[1] It is derived from the religious precepts of Islam, particularly the Quran and the Hadith. In Arabic, the term sharīʿah refers to God's divine law and is contrasted with fiqh, which refers to its scholarly interpretations.[2][3][4] The manner of its application in modern times has been a subject of dispute between Muslim traditionalists and reformists.[1]
Cousin marriage is also allowed in 26 U.S states under the umbrella of U.S. Law, and cousin marriage is also allowed by the European Union law.

So what's the point of OP?

Old 04-23-2017, 03:08 PM

If you carefully read the post, it says "someone here (Islam sub forum) asked about marraige between cousins. That thread was closed as "not related to Islam".
So I simply posted answer to the question.
What is not prohibited is allowed. That's IT.

If you feel it's "digging" or "angling" or else, you should look DEEP inside of yourself and find out why you feel disturbed with a simple post of Sharia law. As I sense certain inhibitions in you, sensitive areas.
Don't bother me at all. Dura lex - sed lex.

Old 04-23-2017, 03:09 PM

Marriage between cousins

Better now?

Old 04-23-2017, 05:24 PM

1,666 posts, read 769,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
If you carefully read the post, it says "someone here (Islam sub forum) asked about marraige between cousins. That thread was closed as "not related to Islam".
So I simply posted answer to the question.
What is not prohibited is allowed. That's IT.

If you feel it's "digging" or "angling" or else, you should look DEEP inside of yourself and find out why you feel disturbed with a simple post of Sharia law. As I sense certain inhibitions in you, sensitive areas.
Don't bother me at all. Dura lex - sed lex.
It doesn't bother me that it's allowed. From your post history however I understand you come here to argue and I'm trying to figure out what your point of contention is. Marriage to a cousin is allowed in Islam. Point. Blank.

It's like coming in here and making a post that says, "Muslims are allowed to eat beef!". Or "Islam allows a Muslim to pray in everything but a graveyard or bathroom!" So what?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam