U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 04-26-2017, 11:12 AM
 
3,166 posts, read 1,036,278 times
Reputation: 289

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
Well the white from NOI is still in effect. I can understand from a psychological, historical, and other aspect the racism. That is not one of the wacky beliefs I was thinking about. Some of the stuff I am thinking of are in regard to things like Yakub, General Muk-Muk, the Mother Plane, etc.
Nothing to do with Islam. This is the first time I am reading about these beliefs of NOI.

In Islam, the nearest you would get to the word "Yakub" is "Yaqub" ("Jacob"), the son of Isaac and the grandson of Abraham. Therefore, "Yakub" of NOI has nothing to do with Islamic belief of mainstream Muslims.

 
Old 04-26-2017, 11:25 AM
 
5,733 posts, read 4,633,699 times
Reputation: 1860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalif View Post
Nothing to do with Islam. This is the first time I am reading about these beliefs of NOI.

In Islam, the nearest you would get to the word "Yakub" is "Yaqub" ("Jacob"), the son of Isaac and the grandson of Abraham. Therefore, "Yakub" of NOI has nothing to do with Islamic belief of mainstream Muslims.
Yes, I know the differences. They also hold to certain tenets of Islam. So what? This is not a discussion about whether they are truly Islam. Stop being so threatened by it.
 
Old 04-27-2017, 12:31 AM
 
3,166 posts, read 1,036,278 times
Reputation: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
Yes, I know the differences. They also hold to certain tenets of Islam. So what?
Holding only "certain tenets of Islam" does not mean holding all the tenets of Islam. To be in Islam, one must hold all the tenets of Islam. Racism is not a part of tenets of Islam. And even the Jewish people believe in One God (the main tenet of Islam), the same as Muslims. That doesn't mean the Jewish people are in Islam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
This is not a discussion about whether they are truly Islam. Stop being so threatened by it.
What! They are not a threat?

Why did they kill Malcolm X AFTER he joined true Islam?
 
Old 04-27-2017, 09:56 AM
 
5,733 posts, read 4,633,699 times
Reputation: 1860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalif View Post
Holding only "certain tenets of Islam" does not mean holding all the tenets of Islam.
Did I try and argue for the idea that holding SOME tenets means holding ALL tenets? Where did you get that strawman. I am not even trying to argue any such thing but simply pointing out that they refer to themselves as Muslim and it is precisely because they hold to certain aspects that clearly are Islamic. That is just a fact! People have been arguing what is true in every sect of Islam - I could not care less Khalif.

This is not a thread about that. The fact that you have been told this, by me numerous times already in this thread and keep acting as if I need to know something about it, as if I am ignorant on such issues, tells me that you are trying very desperately to make this thread into something it is not for the sake of protecting your own ideas about what Islam truly is or is not.

You act as if I am arguing for something and needing to be set straight or some BS like that - you obviously feel threatened in some manner. I am here to discuss some of their wacky beliefs and whether anyone on here holds to them not whether they are truly Islamic.
 
Old 04-27-2017, 10:34 AM
 
3,166 posts, read 1,036,278 times
Reputation: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
Did I try and argue for the idea that holding SOME tenets means holding ALL tenets? Where did you get that strawman. I am not even trying to argue any such thing but simply pointing out that they refer to themselves as Muslim and it is precisely because they hold to certain aspects that clearly are Islamic. That is just a fact! People have been arguing what is true in every sect of Islam - I could not care less Khalif.

This is not a thread about that. The fact that you have been told this, by me numerous times already in this thread and keep acting as if I need to know something about it, as if I am ignorant on such issues, tells me that you are trying very desperately to make this thread into something it is not for the sake of protecting your own ideas about what Islam truly is or is not.

You act as if I am arguing for something and needing to be set straight or some BS like that - you obviously feel threatened in some manner. I am here to discuss some of their wacky beliefs and whether anyone on here holds to them not whether they are truly Islamic.
And you have been told that their so-called "wacky beliefs" are not the beliefs in Islam discussed in this Islam forum. What else are you looking for in this forum? Do you want me to repeat it many times before you can understand it?
 
Old 04-27-2017, 01:11 PM
 
3,166 posts, read 1,036,278 times
Reputation: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
Where have I been told that those wacky beliefs are not the beliefs in Islam discussed on this forum?
Did you read the following?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXNative2Houston View Post
The NOI is a separate religion, with separate beliefs and a separate theology. Primarily what takes them out of the fold of Islam is their belief that Warith Deen Muhammad was God incarnate and that his successor Elijah Muhammad was the last and final Prophet. That is antiethical to Islam.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countess Capital View Post
...If you are a WANNABE Muslim, who believes that the devil is white then please be respectful to "CAUCASIAN" Muslims and please refrain from referring to the Devil as "White;" Shaytan has many colors, shapes, and forms...your identity and racial politics won't help you here...get a clue
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXNative2Houston View Post
Not "certain sects". The entire body of Islam considers them outside the fold.

The number one belief in Islam is that God is one, completely seperate from his creation, with no partners, no beginning and no end. The NOI violates that belief and therefore are *not* Muslims.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
Malcolm X left NOI after he found the truth and accepted Islam 3 months before his death. His name was Malik Shahbaz.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
Well the white from NOI is still in effect. I can understand from a psychological, historical, and other aspect the racism. That is not one of the wacky beliefs I was thinking about. Some of the stuff I am thinking of are in regard to things like Yakub, General Muk-Muk, the Mother Plane, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalif View Post
Nothing to do with Islam. This is the first time I am reading about these beliefs of NOI.

In Islam, the nearest you would get to the word "Yakub" is "Yaqub" ("Jacob"), the son of Isaac and the grandson of Abraham. Therefore, "Yakub" of NOI has nothing to do with Islamic belief of mainstream Muslims.
Therefore, you have been told about those "wacky beliefs" having nothing to do with Islam discussed in this forum.

Do you want to accept the explanation given above or you now want something else to argue about?
 
Old 04-27-2017, 01:46 PM
 
3,166 posts, read 1,036,278 times
Reputation: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
No, those post are commenting on what they think true Islam is not what is or what should be discussed on this forum.
You are to discuss Islam in this forum. If you want to discuss wacky beliefs such as "Yakub", "General Muk-Muk", and "the Mother Plane", you need to find appropriate forum for those beliefs. Islam forum is not the appropriate forum for such beliefs as these are not Islam beliefs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
You said that I was told that those beliefs are not discussed on this forum - those post do no such thing - they are saying what Islam is and is not - not what is discussed on the forum.
The beliefs such as "Yakub", "General Muk-Muk", and "the Mother Plane" are neither Islam beliefs nor discussed here in this forum. If you still haven't understood it, you are wasting your time here; you will never understand it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
It has nothing to do with excepting anything - I am not arguing about what Islam is or is not - YOU ARE! And you are arguing with me as if I am or I give a **** when I don't. Hence my question, that you have still not answered twice now - here it is a third time:

Did I try and argue for the idea that holding SOME tenets means holding ALL tenets? Why did you not answer that - are you a lair or were you mistaken in presenting that strawman? Tell us!

You want to have some integrity here of just ignore it and act like you know it all!
With that kind of attitude, and comprehension ability, you are not going to get any answers from now on.
 
Old 04-27-2017, 02:17 PM
 
5,733 posts, read 4,633,699 times
Reputation: 1860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalif View Post
You are to discuss Islam in this forum. If you want to discuss wacky beliefs such as "Yakub", "General Muk-Muk", and "the Mother Plane", you need to find appropriate forum for those beliefs. Islam forum is not the appropriate forum for such beliefs as these are not Islam beliefs.

The beliefs such as "Yakub", "General Muk-Muk", and "the Mother Plane" are neither Islam beliefs nor discussed here in this forum. If you still haven't understood it, you are wasting your time here; you will never understand it.

With that kind of attitude, and comprehension ability, you are not going to get any answers from now on.
Says you, I did not know you were the guardian of what should be on this forum or what is true Islam.

The facts are that there is a group of people that call themselves Muslims and they hold to certain tenets of Islam. I am sure they would argue with you endlessly that they are true Muslims - who cares! This thread is not about your predilections and desire to control such things. I am not here to argue for or against whether they are truly Islam or not so take your problem to another thread and argue endlessly over it.

And I am still waiting for you to address the false claims about me and my posts here. Like I said you are either a liar or an idiot. Stop intentionally misrepresenting my posts in order to draw me into a stupid debate over your desire to uphold what you think pure Islam is.
 
Old 04-27-2017, 02:29 PM
 
Location: Pikeville, Ky.
13,570 posts, read 21,712,120 times
Reputation: 18110
This thread is closed.

This sub forum was given so our Islam members would have a place to discuss their religion and answer questions of others who are interested. Any other threads about other religions NOT Islam will be closed and heavily moderated
__________________
Moderator of:
Non Romantic Relationships
Parenting and sub forums
Dayton, Akron-Canton in Ohio
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top