U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 04-25-2017, 01:53 PM
 
5,733 posts, read 4,635,786 times
Reputation: 1860

Advertisements

Does anyone on this Forum hold to the beliefs of the NOI - Nation of Islam - or is this forum just a tool of the white devil? Even though this organization has only approx. 50,000 members I wonder if some of their concepts and beliefs are held by other - 'so-called-negroes.' I found this interesting after recently watching the movie Malcolm X and did some research on this organization and felt that their beliefs are just plain ole wacky. How can anyone believe this stuff?

 
Old 04-25-2017, 03:33 PM
 
1,666 posts, read 769,499 times
Reputation: 841
The NOI is a separate religion, with separate beliefs and a separate theology. Primarily what takes them out of the fold of Islam is their belief that Warith Deen Muhammad was God incarnate and that his successor Elijah Muhammad was the last and final Prophet. That is antiethical to Islam.
 
Old 04-25-2017, 04:24 PM
 
5,733 posts, read 4,635,786 times
Reputation: 1860
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXNative2Houston View Post
The NOI is a separate religion, with separate beliefs and a separate theology. Primarily what takes them out of the fold of Islam is their belief that Warith Deen Muhammad was God incarnate and that his successor Elijah Muhammad was the last and final Prophet. That is antiethical to Islam.
Yeah, I am aware that certain sects of Islam do not consider them part of the community. Nevertheless those that follow the teachings of NOI believe otherwise.
 
Old 04-25-2017, 04:39 PM
 
Location: Groznia
205 posts, read 137,641 times
Reputation: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
Does anyone on this Forum hold to the beliefs of the NOI - Nation of Islam - or is this forum just a tool of the white devil? Even though this organization has only approx. 50,000 members I wonder if some of their concepts and beliefs are held by other - 'so-called-negroes.' I found this interesting after recently watching the movie Malcolm X and did some research on this organization and felt that their beliefs are just plain ole wacky. How can anyone believe this stuff?
...If you are a WANNABE Muslim, who believes that the devil is white then please be respectful to "CAUCASIAN" Muslims and please refrain from referring to the Devil as "White;" Shaytan has many colors, shapes, and forms...your identity and racial politics won't help you here...get a clue
 
Old 04-25-2017, 08:06 PM
 
1,666 posts, read 769,499 times
Reputation: 841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
Yeah, I am aware that certain sects of Islam do not consider them part of the community. Nevertheless those that follow the teachings of NOI believe otherwise.
Not "certain sects". The entire body of Islam considers them outside the fold.

The number one belief in Islam is that God is one, completely seperate from his creation, with no partners, no beginning and no end. The NOI violates that belief and therefore are *not* Muslims.
 
Old 04-25-2017, 08:52 PM
 
5,733 posts, read 4,635,786 times
Reputation: 1860
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXNative2Houston View Post
Not "certain sects". The entire body of Islam considers them outside the fold.

The number one belief in Islam is that God is one, completely seperate from his creation, with no partners, no beginning and no end. The NOI violates that belief and therefore are *not* Muslims.
Bro I get it! The fact is that they think they are Muslims. I could not care less what they call themselves and the comparison to others - I am more interested in the kooky beliefs and wondering if any on here belief it.
 
Old 04-25-2017, 11:42 PM
 
4,417 posts, read 1,643,607 times
Reputation: 1533
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
Does anyone on this Forum hold to the beliefs of the NOI - Nation of Islam - or is this forum just a tool of the white devil? Even though this organization has only approx. 50,000 members I wonder if some of their concepts and beliefs are held by other - 'so-called-negroes.' I found this interesting after recently watching the movie Malcolm X and did some research on this organization and felt that their beliefs are just plain ole wacky. How can anyone believe this stuff?
Looks like you didn't close the loop on it?

Malcolm X left NOI after he found the truth and accepted Islam 3 months before his death. His name was Malik Shahbaz.
 
Old 04-26-2017, 12:25 AM
 
5,733 posts, read 4,635,786 times
Reputation: 1860
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
Looks like you didn't close the loop on it?

Malcolm X left NOI after he found the truth and accepted Islam 3 months before his death. His name was Malik Shahbaz.
Yeah, at least he saw the light about the NOI after he made his pilgrimage to Mecca and then accepted Sunni Islam.
 
Old 04-26-2017, 02:08 AM
 
3,167 posts, read 1,037,948 times
Reputation: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
Yeah, at least he saw the light about the NOI after he made his pilgrimage to Mecca and then accepted Sunni Islam.
When he made his pilgrimage to Mecca, he realized the true Islam. That's when he moved from NOI to Muslim Ummah by changing his views regarding racism.

This is what he had written from Mecca:

"We were truly all the same (brothers)--because their belief in one God had removed the white from their minds, the white from their behavior, and the white from their attitude."

malcolm x - documents > letter from mecca
 
Old 04-26-2017, 10:41 AM
 
5,733 posts, read 4,635,786 times
Reputation: 1860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalif View Post
When he made his pilgrimage to Mecca, he realized the true Islam. That's when he moved from NOI to Muslim Ummah by changing his views regarding racism.

This is what he had written from Mecca:

"We were truly all the same (brothers)--because their belief in one God had removed the white from their minds, the white from their behavior, and the white from their attitude."

malcolm x - documents > letter from mecca
Well the white from NOI is still in effect. I can understand from a psychological, historical, and other aspect the racism. That is not one of the wacky beliefs I was thinking about. Some of the stuff I am thinking of are in regard to things like Yakub, General Muk-Muk, the Mother Plane, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top