Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2017, 12:10 PM

5,155 posts, read 4,622,182 times

Advertisements

I wish everyone much success in their fasting this Ramadan.

Unfortunately, as someone with thyroid disease, I found out that I can't fast for more than a few hours. I got really sick. I'll be donating food instead. I feel really bad about this. :\
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2017, 08:34 PM

3,640 posts, read 42,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessxwrites89 View Post

Unfortunately, as someone with thyroid disease, I found out that I can't fast for more than a few hours. I got really sick. I'll be donating food instead. I feel really bad about this. :\
Ramadan Mubarak to you too.

Allah does not impose upon any soul a duty but to the extent of its ability (the Qur'aan 2:286). If you can't fast for health reason, no need to feel bad about it.

Salaam

Old 05-30-2017, 11:35 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,088,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessxwrites89 View Post

Salams and Hello Jess,

Long time no see. Nice to hear from you.

Yes, Indeed. Ramadhan Mubarik to you as well.

As brother Khalif referenced from Quran 2:286.

Just enjoy the full benefits of Ramadhan only by having a good intentions, trying your best and without actually having to abstain yourself from food due to a medical condition.

As you may know .... the true essence of Ramadhan is to practice patience, taqwa and ask for forgiveness while we fast.

It's not only our stomach that is being abstained from food and water.

Our tongue is also fasting. We don't say words that may hurt anyone. We don't use our tongue to speak a lie, or indulge in back biting, profanity or speak sinful things etc, and we definitely try to abstain from anger. We say only good things and the best of things to say is the Zikr of Allah.

Our hands are also fasting. We don't use our hands to hurt anyone, we don't use them to do sinful things.

Our eyes are also fasting. We abstain our eyes from looking at sinful and evil things.

Our ears are also fasting. We walk away from the place where evil and sinful stuff is said and heard.

Our feet are also fasting. We don't walk towards places where sinful and evil things are said and done.

At the end of every fast when the night falls and we go to bed, we forgive EVERYONE who has done injustice to us, and we tell Allah, O Allah, I forgive all those people for your sake, and I ask for my own forgiveness from you.

These are the things that enlighten our soul and help bring peace to our lives and strengthen our emaan.

Ramdhan is a month of practice. We practice these traits and try to live by them in rest of the 11 months till Ramadhan comes again to give us a refresher course.

Old 05-31-2017, 09:41 PM

2,775 posts, read 2,669,886 times
Ramadan Mubarak

Muslims are waiting for Sunset to Break the fast in the Holy city Makkah by The Mosque of The House of Allah

Old 06-01-2017, 05:42 PM

5,155 posts, read 4,622,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
Salams and Hello Jess,

Just enjoy the full benefits of Ramadhan only by having a good intentions, trying your best and without actually having to abstain yourself from food due to a medical condition.

As you may know .... the true essence of Ramadhan is to practice patience, taqwa and ask for forgiveness while we fast.

Our tongue is also fasting. We don't say words that may hurt anyone. We don't use our tongue to speak a lie, or indulge in back biting, profanity or speak sinful things etc, and we definitely try to abstain from anger. We say only good things and the best of things to say is the Zikr of Allah.

Our hands are also fasting. We don't use our hands to hurt anyone, we don't use them to do sinful things.

Our eyes are also fasting. We abstain our eyes from looking at sinful and evil things.

Our ears are also fasting. We walk away from the place where evil and sinful stuff is said and heard.

Our feet are also fasting. We don't walk towards places where sinful and evil things are said and done.

At the end of every fast when the night falls and we go to bed, we forgive EVERYONE who has done injustice to us, and we tell Allah, O Allah, I forgive all those people for your sake, and I ask for my own forgiveness from you.

These are the things that enlighten our soul and help bring peace to our lives and strengthen our emaan.

Ramdhan is a month of practice. We practice these traits and try to live by them in rest of the 11 months till Ramadhan comes again to give us a refresher course.
Salam!

I've returned for now. I've been busy working two jobs to save for Canada. I applied the other day. I am praying for the acceptance of moving, and also praying for patience.

That's so true! It seems like Allah planned my Canadian permanent residency application due date for the right time - a time for me to remember patience and faith.

I'm printing this out.

Old 06-02-2017, 07:14 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
Salams and Hello Jess,

This Christian enjoyed reading this.

Thank you.

May you be blessed by your time of fasting.

Old 06-09-2017, 06:35 AM

317 posts, read 373,909 times
Ramadan Kareem from Kuwait.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam