Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2017, 11:15 AM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalif View Post
No; you still do not understand that the Qur'aan is not a poetry book that you compare it with Shakespeare. It is a religious book that is believed to be "word of God".
No, I am aware that it is not a poetry book. And the Quran should not be believed as the word of God without and evidence to back that up. What a dumb thing to do! And who are you to say that I cannot compare the two - I certainly can and am - and that fact is that Shakespeare is far better written no matter what form it is in and has better lessons and stories to name a few.

Quote:
Burden of proof to show that the Qur'aan is the word of God is not on me. I am not forcing anyone to accept it as the "word of God".

[69.40] Most surely, it is the Word brought by an honored messenger,
[69.41] And it is not the word of a poet; little is it that you believe;
[69.42] Nor the word of a soothsayer; little is it that you mind.
[69.43] It is a revelation from the Lord of the worlds.
Tooting its own horn sound fallacious to me - oh it is - it is called circular reasoning.

Quote:
All I have to do is either believe it to be the word of God or reject it as the word of God. I chose the former. You too have the same opportunity to decide for yourself.
Yes, I know and I already told you I don't and you have not done anything to demonstrated your belief to be reasonable let alone true.

Quote:
I have made my choice. I will be accountable only for my action. You are free to take the course that you feel fit for you.
Thanks, I have!

Quote:
Yes, you are comparing Shakespeare with God's word. Shakespeare never claimed that he is delivering God's word.
Again, I can't be doing that if I don't believe it. And if you do then demonstrate it or just run off and be quite.

Quote:
I see babbling brooks in Shakespeare and the words of God in the Qur'aan.
That's because you don't understand the style it was written in. Only if you had chosen to believe in Shakespeare would he grant you the eyes to see clearly. Hmmm! sounds familiar huh!

Quote:
That's why there is challenge in the Qur'aan for unbelievers to produce ten chapters like the chapters of the Qur'aan and see if you can promote it as "word of God". You will failbecause those chapters will always be words of a man and will never be accepted as "word of God".
Moderator cut: deletedGive the details of the criteria first so that you guys can't just deny it after the fact. I have read the Quran and its pathetic it reads like a 10 year old could have written it. You know list 5, 10, 12 criteria that need to be meet and then we will see if it can be done. And any criteria that makes some claim needs to be demonstrated that the Quran itself has done such a thing.

Moderator cut: deleted

Last edited by june 7th; 07-27-2017 at 03:47 AM.. Reason: Referring to other member as "stupid."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2017, 11:51 AM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Not sure why my remarks about the book of Mormon were deleted. Again, it fulfills the criteria of being accepted as the 'word of God'. And why an I can't have an opinion about an idea that a person holds, being stupid, without that opinion being attributed to the person is beyond me. Anyway, criteria please!

Old 07-27-2017, 01:36 PM

2,776 posts, read 2,669,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalileoSmith View Post
So I think either Muhammad made it all up, speaking to Gabriel when he had the need, or urge. Or Muhammad had a psychological problem. There is a movie about the plight of a Nobel-winning mathematician, John Nash who died a few years ago. He suffered from schizophrenia. It manifested itself by Nash seeing and talking to people who were not there, who were fabricated in his own imagination.

Either scenario would be far far more likely than Muhammad was actually receiving the word of God though an archangel.

Muhammad split the Moon
The Hour has drawn near, and the moon has been cleft asunder The Holy Quran
(the people of Makkah requested Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم
to show them a miracle, so he showed them the splitting of the moon).

Old 07-27-2017, 02:22 PM

2,301 posts, read 2,033,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth_teller View Post
Muhammad split the Moon
The Hour has drawn near, and the moon has been cleft asunder The Holy Quran
(the people of Makkah requested Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم
to show them a miracle, so he showed them the splitting of the moon).
What is said in the Quran does not make it true. There is no evidence the moon was ever split. There is no record from other cultures witnessing a split moon. It becomes believable when there is an overwhelming number of accounts of the moon being split, accounts unrelated to each other, each attesting to the same time.

Old 07-27-2017, 03:13 PM

Quote:
What is said in the Quran does not make it true. .

it is also said and witnessed by the Islamic history books.

Old 07-27-2017, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Islamic history books are about as biased as you can get. What unbiased, independent, verified sources you got that.agree not just on whether the moon was split, but also on the time.

Last edited by GalileoSmith; 07-27-2017 at 04:03 PM..

Old 07-27-2017, 03:50 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Islamic - yeah commenting on the Quran - how convenient! Duh! Many Muslims will do anything to shore-up their religion.

Old 07-27-2017, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Islamic history books are about as biased as you can get. What unbiased, independent, verified sources you got that.agree not just on whether the moon was split, but also on the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
Islamic - yeah commenting on the Quran - how convenient! Duh! Many Muslims will do anything to shore-up their religion.

Raja Rama Kulasekhara (later Tajuddin) is regarded as the first Indian Muslim in the history of Islam. He was the king of the Chera Kingdom who, saw the moon splitting from his palace that eventually led him to meeting the Islamic Prophet Muhammad and embracing Islam in front of him.

Old 07-27-2017, 04:44 PM

Quote:

Raja Rama Kulasekhara (later Tajuddin) is regarded as the first Indian Muslim in the history of Islam. He was the king of the Chera Kingdom who, saw the moon splitting from his palace that eventually led him to meeting the Islamic Prophet Muhammad and embracing Islam in front of him.

For one thing, a single person verifying a splitting of the moon is not remotely close to be good enough. There should be whole civilizations recording the event. Secondly, and this is what makes me question some of the honesty found here in this folder: the splitting of the moon is generally attributed to Muhammad. Is that not correct? Raja Rama Kulasekhara lived approximately 400 years after Muhammad. He never met Muhammad, let alone ever saw a moon being split.

Old 07-27-2017, 05:24 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
For one thing, a single person verifying a splitting of the moon is not remotely close to be good enough. There should be whole civilizations recording the event. Secondly, and this is what makes me question some of the honesty found here in this folder: the splitting of the moon is generally attributed to Muhammad. Is that not correct? Raja Rama Kulasekhara lived approximately 400 years after Muhammad. He never met Muhammad, let alone ever saw a moon being split.
Ah, minor details of course!

I am wondering why he does not believe the testimony of any one individual who claims something? Like Joseph Smith! You think a better set of criteria and methodology could be employed here! I guess not!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam