U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2017, 02:11 AM

1,883 posts, read 1,653,330 times

Advertisements

Intoxicants in Islam

they are forbidding and big sin and if a muslim drink it he must ask Allah forgiveness and repent and intend not do it again and after that if he drink it again then again he must ask Allah forgiveness and repent and similarly if he did again and again and that apply for any sin between Allah and the person only and does not include any others as attacking them or as taking their rights by any how in this case forgiveness and repent is not enought but the rights of the people that were taking must be returned them if they do not forgive .
“O you who believe! Intoxicants (all kinds of alcoholic drinks), and gambling, and Al-Ansaab, and Al-Azlaam (arrows for seeking luck or decision) are an abomination of Shaytaan’s (Satan’s) handiwork. So avoid (strictly all) that (abomination) in order that you may be successful” The Holy Quran
The Messenger of Allah Mahammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:
“Allah has cursed alcohol,
the one who drinks it,
the one who pours it,
the one who sells it,
the one who buys it,
the one who squeezes it (squeezes the grapes, etc),
the one for whom it is squeezed,
the one who carries it
and the one to whom it is carried.”

Last edited by truth_teller; 09-24-2017 at 02:31 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2017, 05:52 PM

439 posts, read 199,763 times
Can you provide a link to the Koran so those of us who are ignorant to the Muslim religion can participate in this discussion?

thanks

Old 10-09-2017, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeaniee View Post
Can you provide a link to the Koran so those of us who are ignorant to the Muslim religion can participate in this discussion?

thanks
here is a link for the Quran and Hadith and you can browse and search and more
and if you need any clarification please do not hesitate to ask.
https://www.searchtruth.com/chapter_...anslator=5&mac=#

Old 10-09-2017, 09:49 AM

4,426 posts, read 1,649,750 times
Quote:

thanks
Besides the Quranic reference, I think most of us agree that intoxicants could be potentially injurious to our health based on scientific knowledge that we have gained in the last few decades.

I think what needs to be acknowledged, in this particular scenario here, is that this warning was already mentioned by the Islamic faith 1400 years ago. Our scientific knowledge, just caught up with it.

Old 10-09-2017, 02:35 PM

3,167 posts, read 1,040,723 times
Quote:

thanks
Arabic is not my first language but I do understand many Arabic words in the Qur'an. For understanding other words, I have used many translations but mostly from the following links:

https://quod.lib.umich.edu/k/koran/simple.html

The Quranic Arabic Corpus - Word by Word Grammar, Syntax and Morphology of the Holy Quran

Al-Qur'an | Surah 1. Al-Fathiha | Alim Foundation

Al-Qur'an Compare Translation | Surah 1. Al-Fathiha, Ayah 1 | Alim Foundation

Old 10-09-2017, 02:38 PM
bg7

7,697 posts, read 8,177,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
Besides the Quranic reference, I think most of us agree that intoxicants could be potentially injurious to our health based on scientific knowledge that we have gained in the last few decades.

I think what needs to be acknowledged, in this particular scenario here, is that this warning was already mentioned by the Islamic faith 1400 years ago. Our scientific knowledge, just caught up with it.
When is the Islamic faith going to catch-up with science's various discoveries concerning the health benefits of red wine antioxidants etc. I wonder.

Of course, in other cultural paradigms, these were known way before Islam existed.

Old 10-09-2017, 04:06 PM

3,167 posts, read 1,040,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bg7 View Post
When is the Islamic faith going to catch-up with science's various discoveries concerning the health benefits of red wine antioxidants etc. I wonder.
Why only red wine?

The best antioxidants sources are fruits like blueberries, raspberries, apples and vegetables like spinach, broccoli and cabbage. Other sources are green tea, black tea and dark chocolate.

Frozen veggies are also good sources of antioxidants.

Science is discovering now both the benefits and the damage caused by alcohol (including the red wine) what the Islamic faith discovered over 1400 years ago.

[2.219] They ask you about intoxicants and games of chance. Say: In both of them there is a great sin and means of benefit for people, and their sin is greater than their benefit.

Therefore, alcohol can do you more damage than benefit you. It can't keep you alive but can even kill you after you have been drinking it.

Old 10-09-2017, 04:59 PM

11,195 posts, read 11,008,541 times
Taken in proper moderation (a drink or 2 per day), alcohol is beneficial, and, again taken in proper moderation, is not at all harmful.

Old 10-09-2017, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Taken in proper moderation (a drink or 2 per day), alcohol is beneficial, and, again taken in proper moderation, is not at all harmful.
The idea is not because it is harmful or beneficial or taken in proper moderation,
but the idea is to Obey Allah and his messenger

The Messenger of Allah Mahammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said:
Whatever intoxicates in large quantities, a little of it is forbidden.

Old 10-09-2017, 09:25 PM

10,542 posts, read 15,625,643 times
Any "beneficial" affect of alcohol can be as well achieved by non intoxicants.

Soo... Intoxicants is rather a VAST term. Yet,I see "alcohol" only.
Aren't rivers in Muslim heaven filled with wine?
A similitude of the Garden which those who keep their duty (to Allah) are promised: Therein are rivers of water unpolluted ... and rivers of wine delicious to the drinkers. Surah 47:15

Of course, it is "clarified" that it's not really a wine, but some purified water etc. I am word clinger though.

Anyhow. Intoxicants. So hashish is OK? Opioids? As please, do not insult my intelligence and tell me that Arabic countries "do not do it". Turkey and Pakistan and Afghanistan are eyebrows deep in hash and opium trade. And consumption. I get all the story about bad white people imposing harsh living conditions onto poor Muslims forcing them into such business... but Turkey somehow does not come across as overly suffering from poverty country. Besides, way before "white people" imposed anything, hash was in common consumption. Heck, what is kalyan if not a fancy pot smoking pipe?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or