U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-01-2017, 03:10 AM
 
3,211 posts, read 1,071,756 times
Reputation: 294

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalif View Post
That's more than enough for me to know that you have very little knowledge about Islam.

Keep in mind that you are here in Islam forum.

In Islam, no human is immortal soul. Every soul shall taste death (Qur'an 3:185, 21:35, 29:57). Unless you are mixing up soul with spirit, even in Christianity soul can be sorrowful to death and be destroyed. It isn't immortal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Houri

How do you get 72 virgins if your soul dies?
How do you get to sit on the right hand of God if your body dies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
A body dying means the soul separates out and goes to afterlife. A soul dying means... well, this.

Cessation of Existence - TV Tropes

And you say I don't have common sense.
Matthew 26:38 then saith he to them, `Exceedingly sorrowful is my soul -- unto death; abide ye here, and watch with me.'

How did soul of Jesus become so sorrowful before dying?

I am now sure you do not understand the difference between "soul" and "spirit".

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
I not only understand MY religion, I understand the flaws in yours.
I will use the same logic that you used in this thread; if you can't read, speak and understand Arabic how can you understand flaws in Islam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
First good question (sorry Khalif, you suck). To answer this I refer to references of the Exile and times where people turned from God. It happened several times. I also will refer to Noah, up to about the period of somewhere between Abraham and Moses.
Flood was result of those people backsliding. Law of Moses was the result of Children of Israel backsliding. Messiah came to give them the last warning to stop them backsliding. The revelation of the Qur'an was to stop Christians backsliding into shirk (worshiping Jesus and his mother with God).

You are being found out lacking knowledge about Islam (because you can't read, speak and understand Arabic).

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
Why does Judaism have a diet code? For health and long life. Why does Judaism have a moral code? Because of what came before.
And why does Christianity not have diet code? Because you are going to live forever anyway?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
Why does Islam have a diet code and a moral code? Because... because Allah said so, that's it! And because Judaism had one.
For both; health and obeying Allah. Read and understand the Qur'an 6:145.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
So, you may ask, well what about Jesus? Didn't I say the Law no longer applied? Is it abolished? No. This means a return to the state mentioned up until about Abraham or Moses.
Exactly! BACKSLIDING.

Common sense!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-01-2017, 07:44 AM
 
2,826 posts, read 1,885,817 times
Reputation: 996
I'm gonna ignore the rest of your post, and focus on one thing.

Souls.

"How can you sit at the right hand of God if your body dies?" Did you seriously just ask that?

It and the other concept shows you don't have any concept of afterlife, and are just faking. Might as well join the atheists, who believe bodies and souls are the same thing.

The body. The thing you live in, the thing that forms human experience on Earth. It allows you to sense, think using the brain, move, have sex, live and die. This is the mortal part of the person, along with the vital/mental/causal/supracausal parts.

The soul. The immortal part of the person. The God principle in the person. Of course, no wonder the Muslims don't REALLY believe in a soul, they do not believe man was actually created in the image of God (they are not directly linked to Judaism and Christianity, but a false descendant or they would know the Torah). Nor can they agree on what a person is made of. Is it blood? Is it dust? Is it clay? Is it water? Assuming it is "all of the above" how can later it be said "from nothing"?
In Christianity, we have an agreed upon belief. We have souls, we have bodies, the souls are made in the image of God, and these bodies are formed as male and female. When our life ends, our body decays and our soul leaves it to go to other things. Every other religion believes this (except Buddhism, but they have a different concept of soul, believing in rebirth), except for you. Because Islam has poor and inconsistent theology. If it did not, you would not need to ask me this question after I already explained it.

How can I sit at the right hand of God if my body dies? Because my soul is released from my body at death, and goes to stay at the right hand of God.


Reference: http://www.spiritualresearchfoundation.org

Quote:
Matthew 26:38 then saith he to them, `Exceedingly sorrowful is my soul -- unto death; abide ye here, and watch with me.'
To answer your one question about the soul, since you seem to read the Bible, yet understand it not at all,the soul is the seat of emotion. While it is alive, it governs feelings, conscience, and the self. Your body paints, but your soul makes it expressive and emotional. That you even think this is a contradiction is ludicrous. Jesus was not saying his soul will die. It's poetic language. He is saying, as a better translation goes:
Quote:
Then he told them, "I'm so deeply grieved that I feel I'm about to die. Wait here and stay awake with me." (International Standard Version)

Then he said to them, "My anguish is so great that I feel as if I'm dying. Wait here, and stay awake with me." (God's Word Translation)
Or to put it bluntly, "Exceedingly sorrowful is my soul" the hyphen is a break in thought, then "unto death" (that is, I am sorrowful unto death, because the soul houses the self) semicolon then "abide ye here, and watch with me." The soul cannot die. If the soul could die, and Jesus's body died, and Jesus's soul "died" answer me one question. What of Jesus still remained to come again? What's that, you can't answer me?




Why is it important to eat halal diet? Answer: it's not. What you eat for breakfast on Wednesday morning has no bearing on your soul. What might... is killing animals or people in a violent and painful way. Acts against the conscience pollute the soul, acts against the body pollute only the body. If you chose to eat Twinkies for breakfast, your soul is unaffected.They are two different things!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-01-2017, 12:49 PM
 
3,211 posts, read 1,071,756 times
Reputation: 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
I'm gonna ignore the rest of your post, and focus on one thing.

Souls.
Good. Let's see if you are going to use common sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
To answer your one question about the soul, since you seem to read the Bible, yet understand it not at all, the soul is the seat of emotion. While it is alive, it governs feelings, conscience, and the self.
Clearly you are confused. "While it is alive" means it does and will die sooner or later. Back to the drawing board, bulmabriefs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
Jesus was not saying his soul will die. It's poetic language. He is saying, as a better translation goes: Or to put it bluntly, "Exceedingly sorrowful is my soul" the hyphen is a break in thought, then "unto death" (that is, I am sorrowful unto death, because the soul houses the self) semicolon then "abide ye here, and watch with me." The soul cannot die. If the soul could die, and Jesus's body died, and Jesus's soul "died" answer me one question. What of Jesus still remained to come again? What's that, you can't answer me?
This is why I had asked you about body dying and then sitting on the right hand of God. if body can die and then be sitting on the right hand side of God then why not the soul too die and be sitting on the right hand side of God with the body?

Why should soul of Jesus be so exceedingly sorrowful because of approaching death if it wasn't going to die?

I will deal with the rest of your post in another post. First, I must get out of you your understanding (read misunderstanding) of "soul" (psyche/breath/blow). I am sure you are thinking of spirit and not "soul". Spirit is from God and does not die. Soul is created, is mortal, can be destroyed and is never immortal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-01-2017, 01:10 PM
 
Location: Candy Kingdom
3,232 posts, read 2,885,915 times
Reputation: 5192
Since this topic is veering away from the topic, I want to bring it back.

My question was more from other Muslims or those willing to help, not others who just want to bash the religion to veer off topic. I was worried about what my doctor would say. However, looking back to when my dad was first diagnosed with cholesterol issues in 1995 (I was 6), my mom had to change cooking. I have always hated pork, so that is why I remember this vividly. She stopped using pork for a few years and she still has her low-fat recipe books. All of the recipes in the book do not use pork, they use lean beef, turkey, chicken, grains, and vegetables. I guess pork is unhealthy to a certain extent, even for non-Muslim and non-Jewish people.

I'm going to keep eating only what I and my mom cooks. My mom never really changed her cooking since we all have cholesterol issues. As I said, it's hereditary. I'm also looking for a new job, going to stop stressing about trying to move to Canada, let it happen naturally, then get more exercise.

Thanks everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-01-2017, 02:52 PM
 
3,211 posts, read 1,071,756 times
Reputation: 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessxwrites89 View Post
Since this topic is veering away from the topic, I want to bring it back.

My question was more from other Muslims or those willing to help, not others who just want to bash the religion to veer off topic. I was worried about what my doctor would say. However, looking back to when my dad was first diagnosed with cholesterol issues in 1995 (I was 6), my mom had to change cooking. I have always hated pork, so that is why I remember this vividly. She stopped using pork for a few years and she still has her low-fat recipe books. All of the recipes in the book do not use pork, they use lean beef, turkey, chicken, grains, and vegetables. I guess pork is unhealthy to a certain extent, even for non-Muslim and non-Jewish people.

I'm going to keep eating only what I and my mom cooks. My mom never really changed her cooking since we all have cholesterol issues. As I said, it's hereditary. I'm also looking for a new job, going to stop stressing about trying to move to Canada, let it happen naturally, then get more exercise.

Thanks everyone.
My wife also has higher cholesterol and her doctor has suggested exercise, better diet and using cholesterol-free oil for cooking. He is also sending her to a clinic where she is going to be helped in dealing with this problem by changing her lifestyle. But as this would be a seven week course, she may not go until March (we will be on holidays for 5 weeks from 31 January.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-01-2017, 07:34 PM
 
Location: North by Northwest
7,442 posts, read 9,967,232 times
Reputation: 4692
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post


Almost everything Kosher is also Halal. The only exception I know of is the allowance of wine.

But not the reverse. Kosher is more restrictive than Halal.
This is correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
So if you're concerned that you're allowing too much, and making yourself sick, go Kosher.
I don’t see how that can be a thing.

Jess: you’re a smart person. Forget about that jerk-off doctor—who, quite frankly, should be reported to the State Board of Medicine for his Islamophobia. Pork is a red meat, but not a bad one if you opt for lean chops or tenderloin. Alcohol is also not harmful in moderation, and red wine may even have modest health benefits. But that doesn’t mean you need to eat haram food or that anyone should try to pressure or shame you into doing so.

Short of buying your meat from a disreputable source that’s giving you parasites or an infection, there’s nothing inherently healthy or unhealthy about halal, or kashrut, or most any other religious diet. Even a vegetarian Hindu diet can go wrong if you load up on paneer and naan and basmati rice.

The one exception? Seventh-Day Adventists, who not only eschew tobacco, alcohol, and meat, but emphasize consuming fruits and vegetables, legumes, nuts, and whole grains. Couple that with strong communal ties, and they’re the longest-living religious group in the U.S. for good reason.

That doesn’t mean you need to become a Seventh-Day Adventist. Just do as the Seventh-Day Adventists do.

Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-02-2017, 07:30 PM
 
10,731 posts, read 15,923,548 times
Reputation: 12150
Any religious or ethnic diet is healthy for that specific race/ethnicity. This is why those diet came to be to start with. They are not a whim of a leader or a king or a priest. They are there because there is physiological difference between races. This is why it is good for Hindus to it tons of spices, for Chinese to it century eggs, for Arabs to eat meat without blood and for Japanese not to drink alcohol.
No, people are not all the same. There is reason there are races and races ARE different physiologically. And ethnic generations that settled in particular areas for hundreds of years will not benefit from foreign to them food as they simply can't digest it.
So to OP. yes, halal diet is good for you if you were endemic Arab.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-04-2017, 09:36 AM
 
4,473 posts, read 1,694,975 times
Reputation: 1565
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Any religious or ethnic diet is healthy for that specific race/ethnicity. This is why those diet came to be to start with. They are not a whim of a leader or a king or a priest. They are there because there is physiological difference between races. This is why it is good for Hindus to it tons of spices, for Chinese to it century eggs, for Arabs to eat meat without blood and for Japanese not to drink alcohol.
No, people are not all the same. There is reason there are races and races ARE different physiologically. And ethnic generations that settled in particular areas for hundreds of years will not benefit from foreign to them food as they simply can't digest it.
So to OP. yes, halal diet is good for you if you were endemic Arab.
The last part is where you killed it. lol
I mean there is a HUGE Christian Arab population that does not eat halal. It must be bad for them.
There are 100 and millions of Hindus who eat meat (including beef) without too many spices, it must be bad for them, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2017, 07:58 PM
 
2,826 posts, read 1,885,817 times
Reputation: 996
The point, which Khalif keeps missing, is that the very problem is the mindset behind this diet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessxwrites89 View Post
Since this topic is veering away from the topic, I want to bring it back.

My question was more from other Muslims or those willing to help, not others who just want to bash the religion to veer off topic. I was worried about what my doctor would say. However, looking back to when my dad was first diagnosed with cholesterol issues in 1995 (I was 6), my mom had to change cooking. I have always hated pork, so that is why I remember this vividly. She stopped using pork for a few years and she still has her low-fat recipe books. All of the recipes in the book do not use pork, they use lean beef, turkey, chicken, grains, and vegetables. I guess pork is unhealthy to a certain extent, even for non-Muslim and non-Jewish people.

I'm going to keep eating only what I and my mom cooks. My mom never really changed her cooking since we all have cholesterol issues. As I said, it's hereditary. I'm also looking for a new job, going to stop stressing about trying to move to Canada, let it happen naturally, then get more exercise.

Thanks everyone.
Let me explain. In America, were have not halal diet, but fad diet gurus, since there is no official diet in Christian nations.

So we get stuff like "breakfast is the most important meal of the day." Okay then, is it the time of day, as in can you eat breakfast food at 11:45 am and it still be covered? Or is it the type of food, as in, if you eat pizza for breakfast, it doesn't count? I thought about this, and thought about it, and realized the entire idea was just that, an idea. There wasn't a clear explanation of why breakfast is important. Daily rituals have to be meaningful, or they're just stupid repetition.

What about three meals a day? That seems to be popular in western cultures. Only, people say they stay fit by grazing. Only, grazing is different from snacking, how exactly? If there is no consistency at all, you can't follow a diet.

Likewise, it seems like low fat diet would be good for you, right? Well, it turns out your body needs fat, and it needs cholesterol too. Many low-fat diets actually have a ton of artificial fillers and salt, because c'mon, your body needs flavor to food. That means low-fat, aside from just watering stuff down or trimming the fat off meat, is largely just junk food. The only actual issues in health are too much or too little of something, or outright fake food. Basically, everything you've told about health is wrong, starting with that it matters what you eat.

Pork is actually incredibly healthy.

https://www.practo.com/healthfeed/th...tion-3537/post
https://www.healthline.com/nutrition.../pork#section2

It's leaner than chicken once trimmed, and good source of vitamins and minerals. It's actually very good for you.
The problem (which you should at least know, if you're going to swear it off) is that there is a risk of trichinosis (worms) if the pork is prepared incorrectly (underdone). These laws were made when pigs were allowed to eat in dirty areas, consume each other (yes, pigs are cannibalistic, although they do not kill other pigs), or eat in areas with high fecal matter. Today's pigs are safe to eat, because they are raised in clean environments, and because basically everyone cooks pork until dry. Pork should be cooked until the internal temperature is at least 145 degrees, and probably closer to 160, if you care about being safe.

You don't have a hereditary high cholesterol. Whoever told you that is selling something. You don't have to go out of your way to eat or avoid cholesterol. What you should stay away from is doctors. You need to trust your own health. Get exercise if you think you need it, eat what seems right, but try to get real food not "health food". Look at the ingredients, and decide for yourself.

If the body is short of something, it will use what it has to make more. This includes cholesterol, meaning lowering medicine will naturally backfire.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-me..._b_676817.html

Quote:
Your Total Cholesterol Level is NOT a Great Indicator of Your Heart Disease Risk
Health officials in the United States urge everyone over the age of 20 to have their cholesterol tested once every five years. Part of this test is your total cholesterol, or the sum of your blood’s cholesterol content, including HDL, LDLs and VLDLs.
The American Heart Association recommends that your total cholesterol is less than 200 mg/dL, but what they do not tell you is that total cholesterol level is just about worthless in determining your risk for heart disease, unless it is above 330.
In addition, the AHA updated their guidelines in 2004, lowering the recommended level of LDL cholesterol from 130 to LDL to less than 100, or even less than 70 for patients at very high risk.
In order to achieve these outrageous and dangerously low targets, you typically need to take multiple cholesterol-lowering drugs. So the guidelines instantly increased the market for these dangerous drugs. Now, with testing children’s cholesterol levels, they’re increasing their market even more.



I have seen a number of people with total cholesterol levels over 250 who actually were at low heart disease risk due to their HDL levels. Conversely, I have seen even more who had cholesterol levels under 200 that were at a very high risk of heart disease based on the following additional tests:
— HDL/Cholesterol ratio
— Triglyceride/HDL ratios
HDL percentage is a very potent heart disease risk factor. Just divide your HDL level by your cholesterol. That percentage should ideally be above 24 percent.
You can also do the same thing with your triglycerides and HDL ratio. That percentage should be below 2.
This is what is probably making you sick, if you're taking all of this crap. Combined with stress raising your blood pressure. Stop trusting rules and laws. Trust your family's home cooking, and just supplement this with some healthy workout.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2017, 08:44 PM
 
4,473 posts, read 1,694,975 times
Reputation: 1565
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
The point, which Khalif keeps missing, is that the very problem is the mindset behind this diet.



Let me explain. In America, were have not halal diet, but fad diet gurus, since there is no official diet in Christian nations.

So we get stuff like "breakfast is the most important meal of the day." Okay then, is it the time of day, as in can you eat breakfast food at 11:45 am and it still be covered? Or is it the type of food, as in, if you eat pizza for breakfast, it doesn't count? I thought about this, and thought about it, and realized the entire idea was just that, an idea. There wasn't a clear explanation of why breakfast is important. Daily rituals have to be meaningful, or they're just stupid repetition.

What about three meals a day? That seems to be popular in western cultures. Only, people say they stay fit by grazing. Only, grazing is different from snacking, how exactly? If there is no consistency at all, you can't follow a diet.

Likewise, it seems like low fat diet would be good for you, right? Well, it turns out your body needs fat, and it needs cholesterol too. Many low-fat diets actually have a ton of artificial fillers and salt, because c'mon, your body needs flavor to food. That means low-fat, aside from just watering stuff down or trimming the fat off meat, is largely just junk food. The only actual issues in health are too much or too little of something, or outright fake food. Basically, everything you've told about health is wrong, starting with that it matters what you eat.

Pork is actually incredibly healthy.

https://www.practo.com/healthfeed/th...tion-3537/post
https://www.healthline.com/nutrition.../pork#section2

It's leaner than chicken once trimmed, and good source of vitamins and minerals. It's actually very good for you.
The problem (which you should at least know, if you're going to swear it off) is that there is a risk of trichinosis (worms) if the pork is prepared incorrectly (underdone). These laws were made when pigs were allowed to eat in dirty areas, consume each other (yes, pigs are cannibalistic, although they do not kill other pigs), or eat in areas with high fecal matter. Today's pigs are safe to eat, because they are raised in clean environments, and because basically everyone cooks pork until dry. Pork should be cooked until the internal temperature is at least 145 degrees, and probably closer to 160, if you care about being safe.

You don't have a hereditary high cholesterol. Whoever told you that is selling something. You don't have to go out of your way to eat or avoid cholesterol. What you should stay away from is doctors. You need to trust your own health. Get exercise if you think you need it, eat what seems right, but try to get real food not "health food". Look at the ingredients, and decide for yourself.

If the body is short of something, it will use what it has to make more. This includes cholesterol, meaning lowering medicine will naturally backfire.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-me..._b_676817.html



This is what is probably making you sick, if you're taking all of this crap. Combined with stress raising your blood pressure. Stop trusting rules and laws. Trust your family's home cooking, and just supplement this with some healthy workout.
Have you ever tried dog meat in the breakfast?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top