U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2018, 05:54 AM

352 posts, read 308,035 times

Advertisements

Bismillaah ir Rahmaan ir Rahiim. As salaamu alaykum. I may have found a new home!

London Closes 500 Churches; Opens 423 New Mosques London Closes 500 Churches; Opens 423 New Mosques

Wassalaam. devotee
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2018, 02:50 AM

3,166 posts, read 1,036,278 times
Who said Islam is not the fastest growing religion?

It's harder to pray five times a day than just once on Sunday.

And thing about Sharia courts is not correct. There is no Islamic court in Britain that overrides any British court.

Old 04-11-2018, 04:39 AM

11,174 posts, read 10,991,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by devotee View Post
Bismillaah ir Rahmaan ir Rahiim. As salaamu alaykum. I may have found a new home!

London Closes 500 Churches; Opens 423 New Mosques London Closes 500 Churches; Opens 423 New Mosques

Wassalaam. devotee
Please post English translation of what you posted.

Old 04-11-2018, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Bismillaah. Salaam. I do not understand your request. The post is in English!!

Old 04-11-2018, 10:26 AM

11,174 posts, read 10,991,690 times
Quote:

Wassalaam. devotee
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Quote:
Bismillaah. Salaam. I do not understand your request. The post is in English!!
The words I highlight in red are not English. The official language for City-Data is English. The only allowable exceptions (in the Islam forum) are for specific terms in Arabic which do not have a direct English translation, but they must ALWAYS be accompanied by an approximating translation.

Old 04-11-2018, 09:16 PM

4,409 posts, read 1,639,451 times
I usually do not thump my chest about "Islam growing" but I look at the quality of Islam that a big majority practices today.

Many Islamic leaders and their countries (for whatever reason, financial or otherwise) are one of the most corrupt societies of the world with lowest rate of education and very high birth rates.

The contribution to Modern day science and academia by Islamic countries are almost unheard of, in the last 500 years.

You got rampant corruption in almost every Islamic country.

Perhaps one of the counter argument is that, many Islamic countries are part of the third world, and corruption is an integral part of the third world, hence many Islamic nations are full of corrupt people.

The answer to that is, where is your islam then? What's the difference between you and them if you both are corrupt members of the third world, and your islamic faith does not stop you from corruption?

The true, hard and bitter fact is, many of us are only Muslims by name. Pragmatic Islam has long left from our lives - perhaps 5 or 10% Muslims pray Salaat - and that's all what their Islam is.

Old 04-11-2018, 09:25 PM

12,351 posts, read 7,501,291 times
And just how did "London" arrive at this "decision"? The decline of Fundamentalist Christianity and the rise of radical Islam (if it's realty that radical) are the end product of tens of thousands of individual choices; and the feelings of those who take both with a grain of salt can't be measured at all.

Old 04-12-2018, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
I usually do not thump my chest about "Islam growing" but I look at the quality of Islam that a big majority practices today.
I too "usually" do not thump my chest about the fastest growing religion but this was my answer to those who attack Islam in the language they understand.

Quote:
Many Islamic leaders and their countries (for whatever reason, financial or otherwise) are one of the most corrupt societies of the world with lowest rate of education and very high birth rates.

The contribution to Modern day science and academia by Islamic countries are almost unheard of, in the last 500 years.

You got rampant corruption in almost every Islamic country.

Perhaps one of the counter argument is that, many Islamic countries are part of the third world, and corruption is an integral part of the third world, hence many Islamic nations are full of corrupt people.
All perfectly valid points!

Quote:
The answer to that is, where is your islam then? What's the difference between you and them if you both are corrupt members of the third world, and your islamic faith does not stop you from corruption?
It means they have left Islam but they do not realize it.

Quote:
The true, hard and bitter fact is, many of us are only Muslims by name. Pragmatic Islam has long left from our lives - perhaps 5 or 10% Muslims pray Salaat - and that's all what their Islam is.
That may be true of so called Islamic countries but the number of people in places like London who go to mosques daily is growing and they go there to pray Salaat. Therefore, need for more mosques is growing. When we began to think about having a local mosque in Birmingham 30 years ago, there were only about 100 local people in need of that mosque. We had to move on to a bigger building and then had even a bigger mosque built because of the number of people unable to be accommodated for Salaat even in the second building.

The biggest need, therefore, is to accommodate more people who want to pray Salaat in a mosque. Mosques are not for any advertisement but a need for Muslims so that they can pray there particularly on Friday, the day of assembly.

Old 04-12-2018, 03:05 AM

By the way, it may be a big thing for the newspapers to publish that there are more mosques than churches in London, it is not for the right reason.

The reality in Britain is that more people are praying Salaat every day, five times a day. Therefore when the times come for praying they have to find a clean place to pray. Mosques (masjid/masajid) are there for that main purpose. Today we find them everywhere in Britain even at airports, rail stations, bus/coach stations, in towns (city centers) and in workplaces. Therefore true picture is much bigger than that being shown in the newspapers.

Old 04-12-2018, 04:51 PM

In the name of Allah, the Compassionate, the Merciful. Thanks for the excellent critique, brother Khalif, it is appreciated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam