Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2018, 09:39 AM

7,363 posts, read 8,394,325 times

Advertisements

Being gay or listening to Music? I was recently told by a Muslims that these were sure ways to end up in hell. Is it true, does the coran say this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2018, 09:42 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,526,006 times
ABSOLUTELY. As well as for wearing dirty underwear. There is no reprieve for these abominations.

Old 05-29-2018, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
ABSOLUTELY. As well as for wearing dirty underwear. There is no reprieve for these abominations.
I am looking for a real Muslim to answer thank you.

Old 05-29-2018, 02:46 PM

3,640 posts, read 39,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
Being gay or listening to Music? I was recently told by a Muslims that these were sure ways to end up in hell. Is it true, does the coran say this?
I haven't read the coran but the Qur'an does not say so.

I am not gay and I do listen to music.

Old 05-29-2018, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Lee View Post
Instead what's going to The Hell got to do with freedom , now does it ?
I'm sorry I don't get what you are trying to say.

Old 05-30-2018, 11:35 PM

2,185 posts, read 1,381,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalif View Post
I haven't read the coran but the Qur'an does not say so.

I am not gay and I do listen to music.

Read it.

There is nothing in Islam that says that music in itself is a sin.

Believing homosexuality is illicit and a grave sin is part of the core doctrine. It's not simply a matter of jurisprudence like music for example.

Chapter 7 verses 80-84 :

Lot said to his people, "You commit such an abomination; no one in the world has done it before!

"You practice sex with the men, instead of the women. Indeed, you are a transgressing people."

His people responded by saying, "Evict them from your town. They are people who wish to be pure."

Consequently, we saved him and his family, but not his wife; she was with the doomed.

We showered them with a certain shower; note the consequences for the guilty.

Chapter 26 verses 160-175 :

The people of Lot disbelieved the messengers.

Their brother Lot said to them, "Would you not be righteous?

I am an honest messenger to you.

You shall reverence God, and obey me.

I do not ask you for any wage; my wage comes only from the Lord of the universe.

Do you have sex with the males, of all the people?

"You forsake the wives that your Lord has created for you! Indeed, you are transgressing people."

They said, "Unless you refrain, O Lot, you will be banished."

He said, "I deplore your actions."

"My Lord, save me and my family from their works."

We saved him and all his family.

But not the old woman; she was doomed.

We then destroyed the others.

We showered them with a miserable shower; what a terrible shower for those who had been warned! *

This should be a lesson, but most people are not believers.

Most assuredly, your Lord is the Almighty, Most Merciful.

* a shower of stones, then the city was lifted up and slammed back on earth upside down.

Last edited by Sorel36; 05-30-2018 at 11:44 PM..

Old 05-31-2018, 04:39 AM

3,640 posts, read 39,493 times
Is a man having sex with another man or men sure way to hell? The Qur'an does not say so.

What the Qur'an does say is that God had destroyed such people despite Abraham's pleading not to destroy them.

In other words, it wasn't Abraham or Lot who had punished them for their such doings but God.

According to the Qur'an, the Day of Judgment is still to come when it would be judged as to who will go to hell and who will go to paradise. The criteria for qualifying for hell is unbelieving plus having heavier weight of bad deeds on the Day of Judgment.

[23.102] Then as for him whose good deeds are preponderant, these will have salvation.
[23.103] And as for him whose good deeds are light, these are they who shall have lost their souls, abiding in hell

Old 05-31-2018, 08:35 AM

As I said, read it. How are you going to explain us what the Quran says when you have not read it and expect to be taken seriously. You should not answer questions about Islam.

Homosexuality does bring people to hell, I will post additional evidence when I get back home. The verse about the people whose deeds are preponderant does not apply to those who commit capital sins and do not repent. There is extensive evidence of this in the Quran and the hadith as well.

The criteria for going to hell is broader than not believing. Not praying, for example, is another way to hell. And so is praying late, after the time. I will post the verses later.

Old 05-31-2018, 06:12 PM

Chapter 107 verses 4-5

And woe to those who pray *

Who are totally heedless of their prayers.

*The original word is the waylun. Waylun is actually a river, or a valley, in hell.

Chapter 25 verses 68-71

They never implore beside God any other god, nor do they kill any soul—for God has made life sacred—except in the course of justice. Nor do they commit adultery*. Those who commit these offenses will have to pay.

Retribution is doubled for them on the Day of Resurrection, and they abide therein humiliated.

Exempted are those who repent, believe, and lead a righteous life. God transforms their sins into credits.

God is Forgiver, Most Merciful.

Those who repent and lead a righteous life, God redeems them; a complete redemption.

*the arabic word ( zina) includes all types of sexual misbehavior.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The verses above make it clear that a number of offenses will bring the perpetrators to hell, however if they ask for forgiveness and change their ways they will receive remission of their sins.

It should also be noted that hell is a general threat and paradise a general promise, while the individuals on judgement day will be treated according to the specifics of their case.

Old 06-01-2018, 04:56 PM

19,013 posts, read 27,562,983 times
https://www.haaretz.com/middle-east-...-say-1.5395747

And so on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam