U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2018, 12:41 PM

7 posts, read 1,898 times

Advertisements

Muhammad-the good example
In the name of Allah the Compassionate the Merciful
(Indeed in the messenger of Allah (Muhammad) you have a good example) Surah Al-Ahzab

From the important and effective side in the mission of the prophet Mohammed is the practical mission , the reason of descending the verses in the holy Quran don't determine the concepts of verses, the verse mentioned above invite the people to follow the prophet Mohammed in everything , so it's an invitation for all people to read the biography of prophet Mohammed precisely and take it an example in everything
We will mention some sides of his honorable biography
One: Prophet Mohammed was walking with those who enter his house and get out from it and say " the guest is like the prince till he departs the house
Two: From his behavior
He didn't fix his sight in the face of any one , sit in any place whenever he met his friends and the people , he reduces his prayer if someone sat beside him , if any one sat beside him asking for a help , he never leave him until the other one leave the place before him , if the people saw him , they didn't stand because he hate this matter , he didn't differentiate between the people in any meeting , he didn't extend his foot in front of any one , he was humble to the degree that if a strange man attended the mosque asking about him , he will not know him because the prophet sits among his friends
Three: he didn't revenge from anyone just in the case of committing sins , he didn't fight anyone just for God sake , he hadn't rejected the request of anyone just the sin.
Four: he didn't say ugh to anyone , he was greeting on the kids and sit and eat with the slaves and says I'm a slave to God , he said the right thing only and help his friends in building the mosque and digging the trench in the trench war
Five: Narrated that a Jew was spiteful on prophet Mohammed and he had exaggerated in his hatred whereas he had thrown soil and ash on the prophet when he passed by his house , one day a Jew became ill , the prophet knocked on his door , the Jewish's wife opened the door , the prophet said" your husband used to harm me but I didn't see him for many days ago is he sick? I have come to see him then she made him enter the house when the Jew saw him he said " this is the ethic of prophets
Six: when the helmet of prophet Mohammed was broken in Uhud war and his forehead wounded , his followers were upset and asked him to invocate on them but the prophet said " I haven't been sent to curse but to call for mercy O Allah guide my people because they don't know
Seven: prophet Mohammed used to milk his ewe by himself and patch his garment , mend his shoe , serve himself , hobble his camel , eat with his servant , carry his goods in the market , he didn't satiate when he eats , he didn't complain to any one
Eight: in the battle of That Al-Riqa' , the prophet sat under a tree then a flood came and separated between him and his followers , a man from his enemy saw him and tried to kill him by his sword and said " who will save you from me O Mohammed " the prophet said" my God and your God " the man fell down and the prophet took the sword and sat on his chest and said " who will save you from me " the man said" your generosity O Mohammed " the prophet left him , the man stood and said, you are better than me and most generous

Last edited by the Iraqi researcher; 08-18-2018 at 12:50 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2018, 04:22 PM

3,166 posts, read 1,037,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the Iraqi researcher View Post
(Indeed in the messenger of Allah (Muhammad) you have a good example) Surah Al-Ahzab

From the important and effective side in the mission of the prophet Mohammed is the practical mission , the reason of descending the verses in the holy Quran don't determine the concepts of verses, the verse mentioned above invite the people to follow the prophet Mohammed in everything , so it's an invitation for all people to read the biography of prophet Mohammed
I am quite sure that we are not required to follow Prophet Muhammad in "EVERYTHING". I am sure that he did things because only he was supposed to do those things (not Muslims at large too),

So which biography are you reading from?.

Old 08-21-2018, 03:34 AM

Quote:
It must be remembered that the verses of the Qur'an must be taken in full and within their context as well as the context of the whole Qur'an. These verses must not be reduced to suit your own meanings.

The verse mentioned from the Surah Al Ahzab is not complete verse The complete verse reads:

[33.21] Indeed you have in the messenger of Allah a good exemplar for him who hopes in Allah and the latter day and remembers Allah much.

This verse was revealed at a specific time for a specific purpose and for a specific event just before facing an attacking army of Meccan Quraish. Some hypocrites had cold feet but the messenger of Allah was firm in his conviction, having firm hope in Allah and the last day. It was this specific aspect of hope that is mentioned here and not EVERYTHING that the messenger did.

Nowhere in the Qur'an it is said that we are to follow the messenger in EVERYTHING.

In fact, Allah (SWT) makes clear in the Qur'an that certain commands are only for the prophet/messenger:

[33.38] There is no harm in the Prophet doing that which Allah has ordained for him; such has been the established course (Sunnat) of Allah with respect to those who have gone before; and the command of Allah is a decree that is made absolute.
مَا كَانَ عَلَى النَّبِيِّ مِنْ حَرَجٍ فِيمَا فَرَضَ اللَّهُ لَهُ ۖ سُنَّةَ اللَّهِ فِي الَّذِينَ خَلَوْا مِنْ قَبْلُ ۚ وَكَانَ أَمْرُ اللَّهِ قَدَرًا مَقْدُورًا

Read also the verse 33:50 (the same Surah) that somethings were lawful for the prophet but not for the rest of the believers. It's pointless to claim that we are to do everything that the messenger/prophet did. We are to do what WE are required to do that has been made clear in the Qur'an.

Exaggerating or twisting the meanings of the verses is deception and wrong. We must not do that. There is absolutely no need to do that. Islamic deen is simple and perfect. Why try to exaggerate any aspect of it?

Old 08-21-2018, 07:36 AM

Indeed there are things concern the Noble Messenger only, I meant by everything from our side, I mean the general ethichs which include all Muslims and other mankind, and I gave some examples about that, your saying is right, there are verses and speeches refer to your saying as what you mentioned

Thanks for your comment

Old 08-21-2018, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Indeed there are things concern the Noble Messenger only, I meant by everything from our side, I mean the general ethichs which include all Muslims and other mankind, and I gave some examples about that, your saying is right, there are verses and speeches refer to your saying as what you mentioned

Thanks for your comment
Thanks for your clarification even if you have not mentioned which biography you have been reading from.

So you are talking about "general ethics" and not specifically what is stated in a verse (33:21) or other verses of the Qur'an (i.e. 60:4, 60:6). The verse you had half-quoted was not about general ethics but about specific topics (hope in Allah and the last day and remembering Allah often).

There are two more verses in the Qur'an that mention "good example" ("us'watun ḥasanatun") . If you are going to use the Qur'an to show people "good example" then you need to mention those other two verses as well. Those two verses are not about Messenger Muhammad but the people who had passed away before the Messenger Muhammad. That will really clarify what is meant by "good example".

So, according to the Qur'an, Muhammad was not the exception as "good example" but others too before him as mentioned in the Qur'an. And we need to see the Qur'an verses in that light.

Old 08-22-2018, 02:01 AM

one: (And who believe in this -Qura'n- which has been sent down upon you, and what was sent down before you; and are certain of the Hereafter) 2:4, indeed we believe that all messengers and prohets call to beleive in Allah and the last day and all of them are good example, and if we mention some of them then this doesnt mean that we deny the other, but we take life of one of them to make the people read that, may they follow them in their ethics
two: according to books of the interpretors the verse which was mentioned above is about our Messenger Muhammad and many books mention that, and the ethics is part from the good example not all

three: the main aim from my subject is the points which I mentioned to benefit the poeple

four: thanks for what you added

Old 08-22-2018, 03:11 AM

Quote:
one: (And who believe in this -Qura'n- which has been sent down upon you, and what was sent down before you; and are certain of the Hereafter) 2:4, indeed we believe that all messengers and prohets call to beleive in Allah and the last day and all of them are good example, and if we mention some of them then this doesnt mean that we deny the other, but we take life of one of them to make the people read that, may they follow them in their ethics
two: according to books of the interpretors the verse which was mentioned above is about our Messenger Muhammad and many books mention that, and the ethics is part from the good example not all

three: the main aim from my subject is the points which I mentioned to benefit the poeple

four: thanks for what you added
You still miss the point I had made.

Linking the verse 33:21 with your mentioned "general ethics" is inappropriate because the reasons given in the verse are different from what you numbered. And it was done by limiting the verse to the first half of it.

I state all three verses here and the reasons for being "good example":

[33.21] Indeed you have in the messenger of Allah a good example for him who hopes in Allah and the latter day and remembers Allah often.

[60.4] Indeed, there is for you a good example in Abraham and those with him when they said to their people: Surely we are clear of you and of what you serve besides Allah; we declare ourselves to be clear of you, and enmity and hatred have appeared between us and you forever until you believe in Allah alone-- but not in what Abraham said to his father: I would certainly ask forgiveness for you, and I do not control for you aught from Allah--Our Lord! On Thee do we rely, and to Thee do we turn, and to Thee is the eventual coming.

[60.6] Certainly there is for you in them a good example, for him who hopes in Allah and the last day; and whoever turns back, then surely Allah is the Self-sufficient, the Praised.

It is the traits/qualities and beliefs that are underlined in these verses that had made those people "good example" and none of what you linked with the verse 33:21 is mentioned in any of these verses. Therefore, the verse 33:21 you half-quoted is misused in this matter. It's like quoting the half of the verse 33:21 and saying that messenger Muhammad was a "good example" because he lived in Arabia, wore Arab dress, slept on a palm leaf mat, prayed in cave Hira and married total of 17 women. Does the verse say that we should emulate the messenger in those examples?

Old 08-22-2018, 06:24 AM

Indeed you have in the messenger of Allah a good example for him who hopes in Allah and the latter day and remembers Allah often.
I understand what you mean but the thought is briefly as following:
the real (hope in Allah and the latter day) is by follwoing the messenger, and to follow the messenger there are many things which don't concern the prophet only we have to do , from them is the ethic, so I gave some examples for that

and the verses which you mentioned are right for my subject and your comment is right therefore I thank you for your notice

Old 08-22-2018, 08:25 AM

Quote:
[b][color=blue]Indeed you have in the messenger of Allah a good example for him who hopes in Allah and the latter day and remembers Allah often.[
I understand what you mean but the thought is briefly as following:
the real (hope in Allah and the latter day) is by follwoing the messenger,
In this verse, following the messenger would be having hope in Allah and the latter day (as mentioned in the verse). This point must be noted.

Quote:
and to follow the messenger there are many things which don't concern the prophet only we have to do , from them is the ethic, so I gave some examples for that
The verse does not say that we have to do EVERYTHING that the messenger did but only the mentioned specific things that must not be ignored for what you numbered. What you had numbered are not the main things to be able to follow the messenger. If I don't milk the ewes, that doesn't mean I am not following the messenger.

Following the messenger is what the messenger followed. That is the Qur'an. The messenger followed the instructions and guidance that are in the Qur'an that are for us as well as for the messenger. Therefore, obeying the instructions in the Qur'an that are for us as well as for the messenger is following the messenger. It is for that example that the messenger is "good example" and not milking the ewes or marrying as many women or living in Arabia only.

Quote:
and the verses which you mentioned are right for my subject and your comment is right therefore I thank you for your notice
The subject in the verses is different from the subject of "general ethics" you had numbered. These "general ethics" alone are not going to make you achieve salvation but doing those actions in the verses will.

The point to note is that the Qur'an must be understood properly and the verses must not be misused to comply with your own thoughts and opinions. It should be the other way round; your thoughts, opinions and actions must comply with the guidance in the verses if you want to achieve salvation.

Another important guidance in the Qur'an is to stay united as one ummah/brotherhood and not to break the deen into parts by breaking into different sects. The messenger was not part of any sect. He was guided by Allah through the message of the Qur'an to have nothing to do with those who break into sects.

[6.159] Surely they who divided their religion into parts and became sects, you are not with them in anything; their affair is only with Allah, then He will inform them of what they did.

The messenger was not part of any sect. How many of the Muslims are following the messenger in this respect?

Today's Muslims who are part of a sect are not following "good example" of the messenger.

Old 08-22-2018, 11:35 AM

one: when the books mention these example there are aims and meanings whereas each example refers to meaning, such as milking the ewes refers to the humility, so the aim from this example to follow the messenger in this merit not in his deed (milking the ewes), and so

two:" important guidance in the Qur'an is to stay united as one ummah/brotherhood and not to break the deen into parts"

it is unfortuante thing to be parts, it is opposite to instructions of Sharia, with notice that most followers of other religion do not do as instructions of their religion, it is also unfortunate thing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or