U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2018, 08:30 AM

277 posts, read 99,346 times

Advertisements

I have recently read the English Quran in it's entirety. All 114 chapters I have read over a 6 week period. My question is, I was wondering if it's easier to read the Arabic Quran over the English Quran?

As I have heard some people can read the Arabic Quran in a day. I probably spent 75-100 hours reading the English Quran.

Now that I think of it i probably spent 55 hours reading the Quran but don't quote me.

I read the first 2 chapters in two days. I read the the first 100 pages of the Cow in 2 1\2 hours. When I really think about i probably spent 20-25 hours reading the Quran maybe less. Sorry I can't make up my mind.

Jesus says some pretty interesting things and speaks as an infant.

I was amazed by how much Moses is spoken of in that book. The last two chapters are my favorite. Death is going to come at some point.

I found it interesting that Allah talks about the Arab Goddesses. It makes me believe they exist but are not worthy of worship.

Allah the Father is The Beginning-less and The Endless. Jesus is the Beginning and the Ending If your Catholic like me.

Last edited by AlwaysByChance; 10-09-2018 at 09:15 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2018, 04:12 PM

3,167 posts, read 1,042,559 times
You can read/recite the Qur'an in Arabic in less than 30 hours once you have memorized it.

For me, it will take much longer than that.

Understanding the Qur'an is more important than merely reading it.

Jesus had a beginning just as Adam had beginning. Flesh or soil isn't the beginning of any human but when the spirit from God enters that flesh or the soil. The same way, the end comes when the spirit leaves the flesh and the human s dead but if the spirit return you have a resurrected human.

Spirit from God is, in reality, Command from God. Spirit/Command becomes Word of God and it is always with God. Flesh can die but the spirit does not die. Flesh belongs to a human but a living human is not only living flesh but also spirit and soul.

Jesus the living flesh did die but not the spirit that made him living flesh. Flesh is created but the spirit is always with God because it is His Command.

Keep in mind that spirit is not the same as soul. A soul is created self (nafs) that becomes an individual personality.

If you want to understand Islamic theology, and reason behind it, try to understand the purpose of man's creation and how that man fulfilis/meets that purpose. The references are all given in the Qur''an for your information.

Old 10-16-2018, 10:09 AM

277 posts, read 99,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalif View Post
You can read/recite the Qur'an in Arabic in less than 30 hours once you have memorized it.

For me, it will take much longer than that.

Understanding the Qur'an is more important than merely reading it.

Jesus had a beginning just as Adam had beginning. Flesh or soil isn't the beginning of any human but when the spirit from God enters that flesh or the soil. The same way, the end comes when the spirit leaves the flesh and the human s dead but if the spirit return you have a resurrected human.

Spirit from God is, in reality, Command from God. Spirit/Command becomes Word of God and it is always with God. Flesh can die but the spirit does not die. Flesh belongs to a human but a living human is not only living flesh but also spirit and soul.

Jesus the living flesh did die but not the spirit that made him living flesh. Flesh is created but the spirit is always with God because it is His Command.

Keep in mind that spirit is not the same as soul. A soul is created self (nafs) that becomes an individual personality.

If you want to understand Islamic theology, and reason behind it, try to understand the purpose of man's creation and how that man fulfilis/meets that purpose. The references are all given in the Qur''an for your information.
Thanks man, I read the whole Quran. Depending on what Bible you read, the Quran is between 25-15% the length on the Bible. I am Christian and I've only read about 40% of the Bible so far.

Old 10-17-2018, 12:37 PM

3,167 posts, read 1,042,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysByChance View Post
Thanks man, I read the whole Quran. Depending on what Bible you read, the Quran is between 25-15% the length on the Bible. I am Christian and I've only read about 40% of the Bible so far.
The Qur'an doesn't spoon-feed anyone despite everything in it is detailed for s to understand. We believe that there were revelations to Abraham, Moses and Jesus before revelation to Muhammad (peace be upon them all)). It is revealed in the Qur'an:

[41.43] Naught is said to you but what was said indeed to the messengers before you; surely your Lord is the Lord of forgiveness and the Lord of painful retribution.

[16.123] Then We revealed to you: Follow the tradition of Abraham, the upright one, and he was not of the polytheists.

From the above just two verses, we can see that Islam is not a completely new religion but something ongoing from the past such as faith and tradition of Abraham and other messengers before Muhammad (pbuh). This is illustrated by today's Muslims believing in One God (Allah in Arabic) and all male babies being circumcised despite there being no command for circumcision in the reevelation to Muhammad (the Qur'an).

The Qur'an also clarifies the differences/disputes between the believers of the previous revelations such as who was Jesus, was he the Messiah or not, was he God, begotten Son of God or Servant of God. And other similar disputes.

The Qur'an is quite condensed book and knowledge of previous revelation is quite helpful to understand the Qur'an better. This is why some of the best scholars of Islam in the West are originally from the Christian tradition.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or