U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-24-2018, 10:27 AM
 
Location: Chicagoland area
277 posts, read 98,314 times
Reputation: 113

Advertisements

I've read the Quran completely and I think it is very odd that Allah mentions 3 other Gods Allat, Manat, and Al-Uzza. If there are no other Gods there is no need to mention them. The Indian subcontinent had never even heard of these Gods so why mention them?

The answer is that they obviously exist. Clearly.

The Bible also mentions other Gods. There is no need of it. Other Gods according to Allah obviously exist as well. Just think about it.. It is easier to eliminate other Gods by simply not mentioning them. Because of the Quran, some Arabs still worship Allat, Manat, and Al-Uzza.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-24-2018, 04:17 PM
 
10,522 posts, read 15,573,695 times
Reputation: 11833
Well, they are considered pre-Islamic idols. They are not worshiped past Muhammad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-24-2018, 05:08 PM
 
Location: Chicagoland area
277 posts, read 98,314 times
Reputation: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Well, they are considered pre-Islamic idols. They are not worshiped past Muhammad.
I'm certain that many Arabs still worship Allat, Manat, and Al-Uzza because of the Quran.

I believe in Baal because of the Bible. I also believe in Allat, Manat, and Al-Uzza because of the Quran.

I also believe in the Slavic God Perun. Many Slavs in Poland, Russia, Ukraine, Serbia, Bosnia, still admire their Slavic heritage. Just like Many Saudi Arabs still love Allat, Manat, and Al-Uzza.

Last edited by AlwaysByChance; 10-24-2018 at 05:16 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2018, 12:50 AM
 
3,166 posts, read 1,036,278 times
Reputation: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysByChance View Post
I've read the Quran completely and I think it is very odd that Allah mentions 3 other Gods Allat, Manat, and Al-Uzza.
There is difference in reading the Qur'an and understanding the Qur'an. You would also read in the Qur'an about 3 other gods, father, mother and son. Sound familiar? That doesn't mean that there are 3 other gods mentioned in the Qur'an that you are to worship.

According to the Qur'an, there is no other god except Allah (the god) = God.

[4.87] Allah, there is no god but He-- He will most certainly gather you together on the resurrection day, there is no doubt in it; and who is more true in word than Allah?

[2.163] And your God is one God! there is no god but He; He is the Beneficent, the Merciful.

[6.102] That is Allah, your Lord, there is no god but He; the Creator of all things, therefore serve Him, and He has charge of all things.

[20.14] Surely I am Allah, there is no god but I, therefore serve Me and keep up prayer for My remembrance:

[20.98] Your God is only Allah, there is no god but He; He comprehends all things in (His) knowledge.

[21.25] And We did not send before you any messenger but We revealed to him that there is no god but Me, therefore serve Me.

[27.26] Allah (God), there is no god but He: He is the Lord of mighty power.

[44.8] There is no god but He; He gives life and causes death, your Lord and the Lord of your fathers of yore.

[28.88] And call not with Allah any other god; there is no god but He, every thing is perishable but He; His is the judgment, and to Him you shall be brought back.

The above is just a sample; there are other similar verses in the Qur'an that you may have read but did not understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysByChance View Post
If there are no other Gods there is no need to mention them. The Indian subcontinent had never even heard of these Gods so why mention them?
Why mention idols as gods?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysByChance View Post
The answer is that they obviously exist. Clearly.
Not now; they were all destroyed after the believers returned to Makkah after ten years in exile. They were all assumed gods (two male and one female).

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysByChance View Post
The Bible also mentions other Gods. There is no need of it. Other Gods according to Allah obviously exist as well. Just think about it.. It is easier to eliminate other Gods by simply not mentioning them. Because of the Quran, some Arabs still worship Allat, Manat, and Al-Uzza.
No Muslim (whether Arab or non-Arab) worships any god other than Allah (God).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-31-2018, 12:54 PM
 
1,883 posts, read 1,650,674 times
Reputation: 115

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysByChance View Post
I've read the Quran completely and I think it is very odd that Allah mentions 3 other Gods Allat, Manat, and Al-Uzza. If there are no other Gods there is no need to mention them. The Indian subcontinent had never even heard of these Gods so why mention them .

Have you then considered Al-Lat, and Al-'Uzza (two idols of the pagan Arabs)
And Manat (another idol of the pagan Arabs), the other third?
Is it for you the males and for Him the females?
That indeed is a division most unfair!
They are but names which you have named you and your fathers
for which Allah has sent down no authority.
They follow but a guess and that which they themselves desire,
whereas there has surely come to them the Guidance from their Lord!
The Holy Quran 53.19:23
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-01-2018, 11:53 PM
 
Location: City-Data Forum
7,945 posts, read 4,737,886 times
Reputation: 1328
There is a huge difference in understanding the Quran and worshiping/believing it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-12-2019, 04:42 AM
 
Location: quiet place
271 posts, read 214,198 times
Reputation: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysByChance View Post
I'm certain that many Arabs still worship Allat, Manat, and Al-Uzza because of the Quran.

I believe in Baal because of the Bible. I also believe in Allat, Manat, and Al-Uzza because of the Quran.

I also believe in the Slavic God Perun. Many Slavs in Poland, Russia, Ukraine, Serbia, Bosnia, still admire their Slavic heritage. Just like Many Saudi Arabs still love Allat, Manat, and Al-Uzza.
hehe

you can believe whatever you like... but i think you did not read koran, if you do; you will fined Allah reprimand these idol's worshipers! Allah said what means ( those stone are not Gods , they're only names you chose it with your fathers).

AND you came to tell us that Allah mentioned other deities (Gods) ? HOW COULD YOU SAY THIS?


READ READ READ READ READ

BEFORE

YOU INVENT
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-12-2019, 11:24 PM
 
24 posts, read 3,973 times
Reputation: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by resigned View Post
hehe

you can believe whatever you like... but i think you did not read koran, if you do; you will fined Allah reprimand these idol's worshipers! Allah said what means ( those stone are not Gods , they're only names you chose it with your fathers).

AND you came to tell us that Allah mentioned other deities (Gods) ? HOW COULD YOU SAY THIS?


READ READ READ READ READ

BEFORE

YOU INVENT
I have READ the Quran and according to it, Allah has a Face (55:27), Allah has a Right Hand (39:67),Allah has a Leg (68:42), Allah Sits on the Throne & 8 angels will carry Him above them. (57:4 & 69:17) & Allah has an Audible Voice on earth where He called out Moses from the bushes (28:30).
The hadiths has more details like Allah has Fingers, both Allah's Hands are on the Right side etc

So imagining Allah's shape in your mind is OK but the same shape in stone or wood is a sin?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-13-2019, 05:17 AM
 
3,166 posts, read 1,036,278 times
Reputation: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by yragnitup View Post
I have READ the Quran and according to it, Allah has a Face (55:27), Allah has a Right Hand (39:67),Allah has a Leg (68:42), Allah Sits on the Throne & 8 angels will carry Him above them. (57:4 & 69:17) & Allah has an Audible Voice on earth where He called out Moses from the bushes (28:30).
The hadiths has more details like Allah has Fingers, both Allah's Hands are on the Right side etc
You may have read some parts of the Qur'an in English translations but you haven't understood it.

Everything in the Qur'an is not literal. Some verses are allegorical. You have to read and understand the whole Qur'an before arguing about it.

Did you read:

[112:4] "and there is nothing that could be compared with Him."

The fact that God is one and unique in every respect, without beginning and without end, has its logical correlate in the statement that "there is nothing that could be compared with Him - thus precluding any possibility of describing or defining Him. Consequently, the quality of His Being is beyond the range of human comprehension or imagination: which also explains why any attempt at "depicting" God by means of figurative representations or even abstract symbols must be qualified as a blasphemous denial of the truth.

In other words, Face of Allah is not like any face that you know nor is it Face in your imagination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yragnitup View Post
So imagining Allah's shape in your mind is OK but the same shape in stone or wood is a sin?
You may imagine whatever shape and size you want but don't give it a body of idol and worship it because God would be nothing like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-14-2019, 03:13 AM
 
24 posts, read 3,973 times
Reputation: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalif View Post
You may have read some parts of the Qur'an in English translations but you haven't understood it.

Everything in the Qur'an is not literal. Some verses are allegorical. You have to read and understand the whole Qur'an before arguing about it. .
When do you decide a verse is allegorical or literal? It seems to be at anyone's whim & fancy. Btw, In verse 28:30, Allah has an Audible Voice on Earth where He called out Moses from the bushes. This is a description of an event , nothing allegorical about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalif View Post
Did you read:
[112:4] "and there is nothing that could be compared with Him."
The fact that God is one and unique in every respect, without beginning and without end, has its logical correlate in the statement that "there is nothing that could be compared with Him - thus precluding any possibility of describing or defining Him. Consequently, the quality of His Being is beyond the range of human comprehension or imagination: which also explains why any attempt at "depicting" God by means of figurative representations or even abstract symbols must be qualified as a blasphemous denial of the truth.

In other words, Face of Allah is not like any face that you know nor is it Face in your imagination.
Some verses claim Allah cannot be described, then some verses describes Him. Why is it my problem?
For instance I can agree “God sees & hears us” is metaphorical but what is metaphorical for God to have a Leg? Why describing us His Leg? What’s the message?

“Our fate is in God’s Hand” is metaphorical but what is metaphorical for God to have a Right hand? What about Left Hand? What’s the message?

“God’s Throne” may be metaphorical as a figure of speech but what is metaphorical about 8 angel (specific no) carrying the Throne above them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalif View Post
You may imagine whatever shape and size you want but don't give it a body of idol and worship it because God would be nothing like that.
An idol does not necessarily mean something etched in wax/stone only, it can be also just etched in your mind too…..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top