U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2019, 04:34 PM

352 posts, read 310,382 times

Advertisements

In The Name Of Allaah The Most Compassionate, The Most Merciful. His Peace Be Upon You.

The-Messenger-of-God-Muhammad-An-Analysis-of-the-Prophet's Life by M. Fethullah Gulen
https://www.holybooks.com/wp-content...phets-Life.pdf

The Life OF The Prophet Muhammad Ibn Kathiir pdf [98.9MB]
https://archive.org/details/AlSiraAl...olumesInOnePdf

http://jamaat.org/en/documents/Econo...m_Of_Islam.pdf

Peace. devotee
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2019, 12:01 PM

23 posts, read 4,878 times

Dearest Devotee.

I was enjoying the reading if the very informative documents that you presented about the life of the prophet Mohammad. They were very informative. I was interested in the document called " An Analysis of the Prophet's Life " and I was noticing that it mentioned Mohammad’s father - - 'Abd - Allah, sadly, who tragically had passed away before Mohammad was born. I know that an aspect of this death in Mohammad’s heart was wrenching and painful for Mohammad who cried in his heart - as He visited his father's tomb in Madina.

Mohammad recalled and said later in his life, Mohammad cried out his heart, and on his return, Mohammad said " I wept for my father and entreated Allah to forgive him “
We know Mohammad’s father's name was “ 'Abd - Allah “ meaning literally - ( Servant or Slave to Allah )
I was wondering If you could please explain - what -" Abd - Allāh " meant in the Pre Islamic world. Who was " ALLAH " in the Pre - Islamic world or what pagan deity was " allah " ?

What deity - was Mohammad’ s father actually named after what was he doing ? does Mohammad ever tells anything about His own father. As Mohammad said - " I wept for my father and entreated God to forgive him “ what pagan deity was Mohammad’s father named after in Pre Islam.

Since there is no " iLLA " god - except for " allah " = who was the Allah ? Who was Mohammad's fathers pagan named representing ?

Also my friend - “ Devotee. “ - So many of Mohammad's closest companions and closest relatives / FAMILY - are nearly all named after PAGAN DEITIES - Such as his closest companion named " Malik al-Ashtar " Astarte was a major Pre - Islamic Pagan goddess = Astoreth. –
Another one of Mohammad’ s companions is named " Anas ibn Nadhar " And we find that this is a very popular Pagan temple called the " Nadhar " Temple. - located in India, dedicated to many gods and goddesses.

If You go through all of the many companions of Mohammad - You find that many of them have names that refer to PAGAN deities and acts of worship and adoration, praise and honor to something formed from the Pre Islamic pagan world.

But of course we do not know all of them today - because Mohammad destroyed 360 different pagan idols that had existed at His time and their history and names and characters are completely erased from all history. We do not even know half of them and the ones we do know were found by Non Muslims and external Islamic sources. Muslims did not wish to preserve their historical data nor today provide history, information or knowledge of much of anything from the Pre Islamic world. – unless it has been incorporated into the religion of Islam. And some of it has but some of it has been forbidden, after Mohammad received new revelations that He was no longer supposed to be worshiping - for example the three daughters of Allah. - But who was Allah – according to the Pre Islamic world. Mohammad’s fathers name “ 'Abd - Allah “ means literally - ( Servant or Slave to Allah ) but who was Mohammad,s father named after ? Which pagan deity, ? Also Mohammed’ s name also means = " THE PRAISED ONE " What pagan deity / god or ceremony was Mohammad named after - Does Mohammad ever tell anyone ? – I do not see any information where he gives a confession of His faith.
DO WE KNOW - who or what deity Mohammad was worshiping or what He was doing before He converted to Islam. - Who was Mohammad worshiping and serving to have himself named the name " THE PRAISED ONE "

Also, We have such as the companions - " Abu Dardaa " = it seems, named after the Pagan god " Abadar " - the pagan god who founded cities –
We could go through many the family members, companions, friends, servants and converts of Islam - in Mohammad’ s time and many, many of them have names that refer to PAGAN DEITIES and worship from Pre and Post Islam..

Also - " The Kaaba " - is another term that applied to Pre Islam Pagan worship - The Kaaba - is the very name of the Pre - Islamic Temple : in the city of Mecca that held the 360 pagan idols until the rise of Islam in 7th century. - Murrah ibn " Ka'b " - was Mohammad’ s great, great, great, great, great grand father. He was also named after this Pagan Temple - His last name was The " Ka'b " indicating = Kaaba.

Also I found that the name " Lib Baal " - comes from the pagan god = " Ag - Libaal - " Ag - Libaal was a Pre - Islamic Pagan god. Ag - libaal - was a lunar deity. His name means " Calf / leg of Bel " (" Calf of the Lord"). - leg of the god =

But the Quran notes that one of the few body parts that " ALLAH " has – is also a leg - The leg of Allah. The Arabian Pagan god = " Ag - Libaal " is depicted with a lunar halo decorating his head and sometimes his shoulders, and one of his attributes is the sickle moon.

Also - " Hubba " bint Hulail “ - was Mohammad's great-great-great-grandfather. = " Hub -bal and " was the main and the very top - Pre - Islamic Pagan god, worshipped by the Quraysh ( Mohammad’ s very own family ) at the Kaaba in Mecca. This idol was a human figure that controlled divination and power. "Haubas" was another Arabian Pagan God, worshipped for His advice - via consultation with oracles.

* " Nasr " - is a common male name given to Muslims = " Nasr " was a Pre - Islamic Pagan god. Nasr was a south Arabian god of the deep desert whose idol was a sculpture of a large vulture (in some sources an eagle) that was situated in a temple in the village of Balkha in Yemen where he was worshiped by the people of the Arabian Himyar tribe. "Asar"is also the name of a Pre - Islamic northern Arabian Equestrian god.
* Fatimah bint " Sa’ d " - was the maternal great-great-great-grandmother of Muhammad. = " Sa'd " was a Pre - Islamic Pagan god. Sa'd was a god of fortune in pre-Islamic Arabia, by the Banu Kinanah tribe. His image was a tall stone

* " Salma " bint `Amr - was the paternal great-grandfather of Muhammad. = And Umm " Salama " was one of Mohammad’ s wives = " Salm " was a Pre - Islamic Pagan god. Salm was a northern Arabian tutelary, protector, guardian god personified by a stone carved with schematic anthropomorphic features and a winged disk.
* And Mohammad’ s uncle was called " Abd al-Muttalib " - = " Ta'lab " was a Pre - Islamic Pagan god. Ta'lab was god of the moon. His oracle was consulted for advice.
* Kilab ibn Mur " rah " was the son of Mohamad = "'Ra" was a Pre - Islamic Pagan god. a holy place or an altar, but its Arabic root also means "to dye.
* Hashim ibn Abd " Manaf " was the great-grandfather of Mohammad. = And " Manat " was a Pre - Islamic Pagan god. " Manā t " was believed to be the goddess of Mecca - the goddess fate.
* Abd al- " Uzza " was the name of one of Mohammad’ s uncles. = " Abd al- " Uzza " was a Pre - Islamic Pagan goddess - sometimes believed to be god - male.
* " Abu U " Baid-ah " was one of Companions of Muhammad. Mostly known for His participation in the first major battle between the Muslims and the Quraysh tribe of Mecca, at the Battle of Bad. ( 624 AD )

In a discovered - Pre - Islamic location called - Tell al- " Ubaid " - is a location in southern Iraq where many, many artifacts have been found containing Idols of with many, many crescent moons upon them.

The Companion of Mohammad who was named " Baid-ah " / “ baid “ also comes from the word " WORSHIP " The word " Eibada " means worship in Arabic. - We find so many names of the family and friends of Mohammad who are named after Pagan deities - with worship and adoration to these names of these very pagan deities contained in most of their names. - Here is a long list. - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sahabah

* This is some of information we know about the family and of Mohammad - and this is His immediate family and companions – do you believe that the rest of the names of the rest of His tribe in how they related to these 360 pagan deities also would have names related to pagan deities and gods - do we have any record of it ? - - IF = " Abd - Allāh " was the name of Mohammad's very father. = who was " ALLAH " in the Pre - Islamic world - what pagan deity was " allah " ? along with the rest of His family and the tribesmen around Mohammad who has pagan names directly centered around the pagan deities contained in the 360 IDOLS of the Kabba. - why would pagans name their child after the name of the God Of Abraham - ? - and the rest of the names are named after their traditional pagan names.

Do any other Islamic sources provide any answers.... Also, the day / date of “ Ramadan “ as practiced in Islam a pagan festival in pre-Islamic Arabia The very name “ Ramān “ is the very name of a south Arabian deity / god ... the god of wind and storms - worshiped by the Sabaeans and was envisioned to be a warrior that rode on the clouds. This god was the South Arabian counterpart of the Aramaean god Rimmon and the Babylonian Rammanu. Rama is one of the most widely worshipped Hindu deities, the embodiment of chivalry and virtue.

I do know that Muslims say that - There is no " iLLA - god " except for " allah " but - who was the “ Allah “ ? Mohammad’ s father was named " Abd - __ Allah “ in Pre Islam, what would directly lead Mohammad to say that his own father who never accepted Islam was needing forgiveness from wrong doings. ( Perhaps being named after a Pagan god or deity and practicing paganistic worship related to his pagan god " Allah " ? Would you be able to provide any information about what pagan deity his father was named after ?

And if Allah is the God of Abraham – why would pagan Arabians name their pagan son after Abrahams God – while the reat of them are named after the 360 pagan deities and gods centered around the Kaaba. ? Perhaps you could make some sense of these facts.
Thank You for your time.

Old 02-07-2019, 03:33 PM

In The Name Of Allaah The Most Compassionate, The Most Merciful. His Peace Be Upon You, tripplelogicality.

MUHAMMAD-S-A-W-AND-HIS-FAMILLY-A-S.pdf http://islamicblessings.com/upload/M...AMILLY-A-S.pdf

Family tree of Imam Husein (as) by Muhammad Datoo http://www.iman-wa.org/cms/wp-conten...too-Slides.pdf

It should not matter who the companions of the prophet Muhammad (saw), were named after. They all worshiped Allaah (SWT), the One and Only God. As for names of family members, see "MUHAMMAD (S.A.W)
AND HIS FAMILLY(A.S)" regarding the family tree, etcetera. You might be spending too much time with pagan worshipers. There is no one to compare Allaah (SWT), to! There is no one else like HIM (SWT). Allaah (SWT), created life, and everything that exists! Why look for another god?? 360 gods?? Think about that. Prophet Muhammad (saw), was sent to restore people's knowledge concerning the One and Only God. But, today, (in these times) people are starting to go back to sleep! All I ever hear is 'let us play!' Prayer, is almost unknown in these times. Thanks, for your interesting post.

Peace. devotee

Old 02-08-2019, 03:27 AM

24 posts, read 4,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripplelogicality View Post

All Arabian names has its pagan roots , they existed even before Islam thus for Muslim Arabs its their heritage & they keep the names till now even though many of the names are literally of pagan gods & goddess. Some example in the link below

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...rabian_deities

On the other hand , It doesn't make sense when non Arab Muslims supposedly shed their own pagan heritage & take up "Muslim" name which are in fact Arab pagan names. It's a kind of an identity crisis. For example imagine a Hindu guy whoe name is Harilal (Shiva the god with the cresent moon) "reverts" to the true deen Islam and takes up the name Hilal (the pagan Arab god of the cresent moon)!!!

If prophet Muhammad's father name is slave of Allah even before the advent of Islam, & he testifies that his father will end up in Hell, then that name definitely is refering the their pagan god.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devotee View Post
In The Name Of Allaah The Most Compassionate, The Most Merciful. His Peace Be Upon You, tripplelogicality.

It should not matter who the companions of the prophet Muhammad (saw), were named after. They all worshiped Allaah (SWT), the One and Only God. As for names of family members, see "MUHAMMAD (S.A.W)
AND HIS FAMILLY(A.S)" regarding the family tree, etcetera. You might be spending too much time with pagan worshipers. There is no one to compare Allaah (SWT), to! There is no one else like HIM (SWT). Allaah (SWT), created life, and everything that exists! Why look for another god?? 360 gods?? Think about that. Prophet Muhammad (saw), was sent to restore people's knowledge concerning the One and Only God. But, today, (in these times) people are starting to go back to sleep! All I ever hear is 'let us play!' Prayer, is almost unknown in these times. Thanks, for your interesting post.

Peace. devotee
God may exist but my opinion is all religions are man made. I can too claim the is God XYZ & there is nothing like him. Doesn't mean he exist just by that statement in a book. Even if I go by your narration, Allah in this following verse says "Will ye call upon Baal and forsake the Best of Creators," (Quran 37:125)
How can He be the only God/Creator if He is the Best of the Creators. If I say I'm the best of the students in my school , yet I'm the only student there, does it make sense? No. If you wanna explain Allah was comparing Him with human's ability to create it doesn't make sense too cos "creation" in religion means the ability to create life ...not making Iphone etc.

Old 02-09-2019, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yragnitup View Post
God may exist but my opinion is all religions are man made. I can too claim the is God XYZ & there is nothing like him. Doesn't mean he exist just by that statement in a book. Even if I go by your narration, Allah in this following verse says "Will ye call upon Baal and forsake the Best of Creators," (Quran 37:125)
How can He be the only God/Creator if He is the Best of the Creators. If I say I'm the best of the students in my school , yet I'm the only student there, does it make sense? No. If you wanna explain Allah was comparing Him with human's ability to create it doesn't make sense too cos "creation" in religion means the ability to create life ...not making Iphone etc.

Peace yragnitup. I suspect you are missing the fact that Allaah (SWT), is the Creator, of the so-called, other creators. Never mind Iphones, they are making people(?), without souls, and causing much corruption and confusion in the world today. Further more, Al Qur'an has challenged all, who claim Qur'an is forged, to write ten chapters like it (11:13), or, even a single chapter like it (2:23). However, Al Qur'an cannot be produced by other than Divine agency. This is why no falsehood can approach it.

https://yassarnalquran.files.wordpre...wahiduddin.pdf

Peace. devotee

Old 02-10-2019, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Peace yragnitup. I suspect you are missing the fact that Allaah (SWT), is the Creator, of the so-called, other creators. Never mind Iphones, they are making people(?), without souls, and causing much corruption and confusion in the world today. Further more, Al Qur'an has challenged all, who claim Qur'an is forged, to write ten chapters like it (11:13), or, even a single chapter like it (2:23). However, Al Qur'an cannot be produced by other than Divine agency. This is why no falsehood can approach it.

https://yassarnalquran.files.wordpre...wahiduddin.pdf

Peace. devotee
Allah being the Creator is not a fact , just a claim & a belief like any other religion. As for the challenge of making a verse like Quran, it's very subjective. Even if some one make a similar verse, then you can brush is aside saying they copied it. There are many unique production in & within many other ancient/new languages around the world, and that doesn't qualify it to be Divine.

Furthermore even the reciting (qara in Aramaic) style of the Quran itself is copied from the Aramaic Gospel chanting e.g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Cq2RNXKWDo

A more objective method is offerd in the Quran itself.

Then do they not reflect upon the Qur'an? If it had been from [any] other than Allah, they would have found within it much contradiction. (Quran 4 82)

All we need is one contradiction to prove other wise & there are many.

Old 02-10-2019, 12:27 PM

23 posts, read 4,878 times
Wow, thank you - devotee. I will certainly enjoy reading this material. I have ever seen these described in this way before. Thank You.

Old 02-11-2019, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripplelogicality View Post
Wow, thank you - devotee. I will certainly enjoy reading this material. I have ever seen these described in this way before. Thank You.

Yes, you are welcome. I especially like M. Fethullah Gulen's book. It has plenty of new stories, that I've never read. I hope to complete reading his book even though I have started a few other books online. All the best, and Peace. devotee

Old 02-11-2019, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yragnitup View Post
Allah being the Creator is not a fact , just a claim & a belief like any other religion. As for the challenge of making a verse like Quran, it's very subjective. Even if some one make a similar verse, then you can brush is aside saying they copied it. There are many unique production in & within many other ancient/new languages around the world, and that doesn't qualify it to be Divine.

Furthermore even the reciting (qara in Aramaic) style of the Quran itself is copied from the Aramaic Gospel chanting e.g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Cq2RNXKWDo

A more objective method is offerd in the Quran itself.

Then do they not reflect upon the Qur'an? If it had been from [any] other than Allah, they would have found within it much contradiction. (Quran 4 82)

All we need is one contradiction to prove other wise & there are many.

Peace yragnitup
What you are referring to as contradiction is your own objection to a verse. You do not accept Al-Qur'an, and will find many an objection to its verses. Furthermore, you cannot prove nor disprove that Allaah (SWT) is the Creator. Your objectivity requires that you must see HIM (SWT), in this world. Which unique production are you comparing to Al-Qur'an. What of the prophets, are they true? Is their guidance reliable?

Old 02-11-2019, 08:11 PM

Quote:
What you are referring to as contradiction is your own objection to a verse. You do not accept Al-Qur'an, and will find many an objection to its verses.
Contradiction here means the conternt in the Quran contradicts itself or with nature. For an example,
Allah in verse 51:49 pronounce that He created everthing in pairs. In verse 16:8 He says He created mules. The fact is mules do not come in pairs nor in herds. This is a contradiction.

Quote:
Furthermore, you cannot prove nor disprove that Allaah (SWT) is the Creator. Your objectivity requires that you must see HIM (SWT), in this world.
Of course we cannot prove or dispprove the believe of Allah or any God as the Creator of this universe. This makes more sense as in your previous post you wrote that Allah the Creator is a fact. Anyhow if you claim a particular Book is from the same God & I proof that the Book has internal contradiction or errors, then this disapprove that God too. Unless you delink the Book with the Creator you believe.

Quote:
Which unique production are you comparing to Al-Qur'an.
There are some unique compositions in other language claimed unimitable till now. That itself doesn't qualify it to be Divine. Thats my point. For example, a Sri Lankan friend claimed there are some ancient Tamil literiture unparalleled till now that no one could make a similar one. So what?
Going back to the Quran, actually it is full of verses where the pagan Arabs were not amazed by the Quran but actually amused by it. They were not impressed even then.

Quote:
Peace yragnitup....
What of the prophets, are they true? Is their guidance reliable?
Is it reliable? Well , you tell me. For instance, you started your conversation by greeting "peace" to me. The prophet on the other hand prohibited you to greet the Non Muslims first.

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) as saying:
Do not greet the Jews and the Christians before they greet you and when you meet any one of them on the roads force him to go to the narrowest part of it.
Sahih Muslim 2167 a The Book of Greetings
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam